don't mix business with pleasure
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
I get them all worked up and down on their knees, you see
There were plenty of things that went into rebuilding a brothel beyond construction. Furnishings, booze, and food just scratched the surface. There was only one person she knew who could get her that and more. For a price, of course. It was a good thing she had plenty to offer. The letter asking for a meeting was sent a few days prior and once she got confirmation from the captain, Maeve didn't waste any time on setting up a meeting for the coming days.

Remembering her encounter with his last time, she was sure to dress to his tastes. A corset cinched tight on her waist that pushed up her breasts to provide an ample eyeful, a skirt with a high slit that flashed more than enough skin, and a pretty little choker around her throat. Not that she was worried her trade wouldn't be enough to garner his attention, but every little bit helped. Especially when you were a part of the deal.

Her heels click along the dock, mixing with the din of the port as she approaches the Ark, easily gliding up the plank until she was on the deck of the ship. A quick look around and a question tossed to one of the crew has her heading in the direction of his quarters, pausing at the door to knock delicately on the worn wood, letting her signature smile curl on painted lips I'm preparation for her greeting.
They take my fingers in their mouths like it's poetry
Maeve
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
JACK
hellraiser
risk taker
"It's open."

If only she knew Jack's tastes, truly. Regardless, Maeve will find the door unlocked after the captain calls out, and when she walks inside, it will be to see him seated behind his desk. The cabin itself is a study in eclectic clutter; trinkets fill shelves, shiny and glittering, quirky and bleached bone, and maps, books and other parchment pokes out of drawers and nooks and crannies.

In one corner is a large trunk, and against the wall to the right of the desk is the captain's bunk, the sheets still thrown back where he's climbed out of it that morning. "Why, Madame - did you get dressed up just for me?" He raises his eyes from the letter he's been writing, a smirk curling across his lips. Behind him the curtains are drawn back, letting Longheat sunshine stream in. "Take a seat. Your letter made it sound like there's a lot to discuss."
full speed ahead
'til i'm dead
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret:

Magic: Passive Telepathy | The user can read the surface thoughts and emotions of those within a 30ft radius. Control is excellent. Note: "Thoughts and emotions" include anything written in a character's narration in a post.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Also branded with a small star tattoo beneath his left eye.

Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
It's true the Madame didn't know his exact tastes, but perhaps in time she can learn what exactly he likes. Maeve pushes into his quarters, skirt swishing around her legs as she closes the door with a soft click, casting him a glance over her shoulder. "Maybe I did. I take all of my meetings seriously, Captain. That's something you've yet to learn about me." She replies coyly, shrugging slender shoulders as her seaglass gaze shines with mischief. With ease she breezes towards the open chair across from him, sinking into it and lounging, crossing her legs lightly. While Maeve's overall nature was light and breezy, falling into the roll of doting courtesan as if it was second nature, she takes her job very seriously. Even more seriously now that the Halenani is under her care.

"I have a few things on my mind. Specifically a business arrangement. As everyone in Torchline is aware, you're the best when it comes to getting things. Not just the more exotic items. Although, you're definitely skilled in that." Maeve starts with a hum, keeping her voice sweet and casual, an air of nonchalance about her that's been mastered over years. "I'm sure you're aware that the Halenani has come into my possession and we're currently in the process of rebuilding. I'd for you to be our main supplier of goods. In turn you'd have a place to conduct business in my establishment should you want it. Among other things."
Maeve
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
JACK
hellraiser
risk taker
"I'm sure there are many things I don't know about you," Jack drawls, a smirk curling across his lips as he finishes off the letter and blows on the parchment to dry the ink. "Though you're right - I do know you're crowned queen of the Halenani. When it's rebuilt I've no doubt you'll have quite the base of clientele." His crew and himself are part of that, something he doesn't think needs saying, really.

Once the letter is dry, Jack folds it and places it in a drawer beneath the desk, before drawing out two glasses and a bottle of something deep red, sweeter than wine and smelling heavily of cherries. "You as good at strokin' everythin' else as well as you do my ego?" he wonders with a crooked smile, pouring them both a small amount and gesturing for her to take the glass.

"Your main supplier of goods. That is quite a business arrangement. What kind of other things we talkin' about here?" Because Jack already does have a place to conduct business, in fairness. He's sitting in it.
full speed ahead
'til i'm dead
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret:

Magic: Passive Telepathy | The user can read the surface thoughts and emotions of those within a 30ft radius. Control is excellent. Note: "Thoughts and emotions" include anything written in a character's narration in a post.

Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Her own lips curl into a smirk to match his, catlike in nature with a sharpness that perhaps isn't expected of her, but is there none the less. "Guess you'll have plenty to learn then." She hums, eyes dipping to watch as his lips purse, blowing to dry the ink across the paper before he's turning his attention to getting them drinks. The sweet drink perfumes the air, teasing her nose and making her mouth water, tongue darting out to wet her lips in anticipation. "If I remember correctly you have a little token of mine, no?" She's referring to the coin she gave them when they first met, of course. Something that would secure her time without a question or raised brow should he hand it in at reception.

A soft laugh bubbles past her lips, light and saccharine as she reaches forward for the drink, bringing the dark liquid up to take a small sip. "I'm one of the best. You just haven't had the pleasure of experiencing that yet." The reply comes smoothly, a playful grin tugging on her lips as she delicately balances the glass against the top of her knee, head cocking to the side thoughtfully as he considers her offer.

"Unlimited access to the Halenani and your truly, a place to store product under lock and key, somewhere to deal your more... sensitive items. We both know that Torchline is a fairly lawless place, but it doesn't hurt to have some neutral ground." She offers, arching a dark brow as she brings the glass back to her lips, "But I'm open to hearing anything else you might have interest in."
Maeve
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
JACK
hellraiser
risk taker
"That I do." Jack doesn't forget much, especially not favours granted to him. Maeve's coin is left in a very safe place, though by the sound of her offer, he won't much need it if she is included in the deal. It's something that has his eyebrows raising a bit as he settles back in his seat with his drink. "How bold of you, Madame. Do you offer all your business partners free access to your honeypot, or am I a special case?" He smiles around his glass.

Still, her proposition is an interesting one, and it shows by the way his blue eyes grow a touch sharper, a little more willing to listen. "Well, you certainly know how to drive a deal, I'll give you that much," he murmurs, lowering his glass so he can better concentrate on the woman offering business. "You got a list of what exactly you're lookin' for me to supply? I can tell you now what will and won't be possible."
full speed ahead
'til i'm dead

Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
He's given another sweet smile as she takes a sip of whatever it is he's poured for them, letting the flavor spread over her tongue, the tart cherry cutting through the sugar. "I think you'll find I'm incredibly bold, Captain." Maeve hums, lifting her glass towards him as a snort of a laugh bubbles out of her at his mildly crude phrasing. "As of now, you're my only business partner, love. You're getting a bit of special treatment. Besides, if this goes the way I want, you'll be the only business partner I need." And that was true. If he could supply majority of the goods to the Halenani they would only need to outsource a few things from local vendors and merchants.

Maeve sets her own glass down, straightening up now that she seems to have his full attention, pulling a piece of folded parchment from the pocket of her skirt to hold out to him. In neat script he'll find a fairly standard array of goods. Booze, fabrics, spices, and the like. Items that might be considered more personal and a few things scattered throughout that definitely fall into his black market dealings. "My workers and myself have certain tastes, but surely you understand that. Does this seem doable to you?"
Maeve
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
JACK
hellraiser
risk taker
"Ah, tryin' for exclusivity are we?" Jack tilts his head, raising his glass back to her and taking another sip before he sets it back down onto the desk. "I can appreciate a bit of boldness in my line of work. Bein' coy rarely gets you anywhere." Being subtle is another matter, but they're dancing that line quite wonderfully already. Maeve removes her list from he-doesn't-ask-where in that skirt of hers, reaching out to accept it and unfold it in one hand.

Skimming it quickly, the captain sees nothing on it that might cause any issues, and he lifts the paper in a wordless question as to whether he can keep hold of it. "Doable enough," he says with a gentle nod. "Based on what you've offered and what I can provide, I don't see any reason why we can't make a cozy little business arrangement, Madame."
full speed ahead
'til i'm dead

Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
"There are very few places in my life where I practice such a concept." Her glass tips towards his in a cheers of sorts before she's bringing it up for another sip, a pleasant warmth spreading through her chest from the drink. "I find it depends on the client. Some like coy. Some like bold. Some want you to show your belly after a bit of a fight and others prefer you on your back to begin with." Maeve lifts her shoulders in a slender shrug before she's producing the list from a pocket in her skirt, holding it out for him to peruse and waiting for his verdict.

With a wave of her hand serving as her permission to keep the paper for himself, "I have another copy for my records." She supplies, not that he needs an explanation as that smile that's been playing off and on on her lips comes back once more, tugging the corners up into something incredibly satisfied. "That's what I wanted to hear, Captain. I believe we'll be up and running by the end of the season. Construction is well underway."
Maeve
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
JACK
hellraiser
risk taker
"I never would have guessed it," Jack drawls, and the smile on his face is positively catlike at this point. The Madame talks a good talk, that much is clear, and he finds himself warming to that sly bit of banter just as he had done back before the Ark had left during Flowerbirth. "And what is it that you like?" he wonders, sitting back in his seat somewhat while he folds the paper away once her permission is given.

"Smart," he murmurs of her records - his own are carefully kept, both the real and the fake in case anyone comes snooping. "By the end of the season, then. I'll be sure to pay you a visit before we leave for Leafchange. Perhaps this time I'll be able to use that token you gave me. By the way - I believe I said I'd bring you a memento, did I not?" He doesn't bother to ask about the shirt he left her - the one he was going to rip off with his teeth. That, he imagines, went down with the Halenani.
full speed ahead
'til i'm dead

Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
It is easy to fall back into this. The same heated back and forth from the last time they met. Except last time she wasn't the Madame and was merely another whore. Make no mistake, she's still a whore, but she has power too. Her smile matches his, feline and coquettish, painted lips bright against pale skin. Despite all the Longheat sun, her complexion hasn't changed and it likely never will. "Isn't that a question..." Her mind fills with all sorts of wicked thoughts, giving him a peek into just what she's thinking of doing with him, unaware that he has a front row seat to her mind.

"I suppose you'll just have to find out, won't you? Just like I'll have to find out what you like, Captain." The words are purred, head cocking to the side as she shifts in her seat, the slit of her skirt showing off long legs and a flash of thigh. A soft hum pushes past her lips and she nods, "I'll be expecting you. Oh? You remembered that?" Now her interest is piqued, brow raising as she leans forward to rest her elbow just against the edge of his desk, chin dropping into the palm of her hand. "What did you bring me?" He's not wrong. The shirt was lost in the storms, but lucky for him she has plenty of other things he can rip off with his teeth.
Maeve
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
JACK
hellraiser
risk taker
A whore with power is more dangerous than most give credit; Jack, at least, knows the value of such a thing, hence his very lucrative dealings with the Halenani's madame thus far. "A question you aren't going to answer, I see," he all but purrs back to her, taking another sip of his drink. It's true that she has answered it without meaning to (and the parade of lewd thoughts is always appreciated, thank you), but they are both playing a game of make believe right now.

"Well you ain't doin' a bad job so far, comin' in here all dolled up and offerin' me deals," he points out with a smirk. And as she leans forward, coquettish and yet with the plunge of her breasts immaculately on show, Jack does the same. He reaches forward, as if to touch her - only to reach past her and snag a small wooden box at the far corner of the desk.

"I've a keen memory for trade," he murmurs, opening the box and turning it to show her. It's a teardrop pendant, a crimson so dark and deep that it might well resemble a drop of blood, suspended on a chain of silver. And within it, if one looks close - a rose thorn. "Pretty and dangerous," he mutters. "I thought you would enjoy that."
full speed ahead
'til i'm dead

Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Such a smart boy he is. Leave it to Jack to figure it out. Maeve, while unassuming to most, could be incredibly dangerous given the chance or reason. How many people with power has she endeared herself to thus far? How many would be willing to side with her should the need arise? A whore with power is dangerous indeed. Maeve gives him a look that clearly says he should know better, "Tsk tsk tsk... Jack, darling, do you really think I'm just going to let you off that easy? Where's the fun in that? You'll just have to find out." Maeve hums back sweetly, looking up at him from beneath her lashes as she leans forward against the desk, positioning herself just so.

"Consider it foreplay, Captain." The Madame drawls, watching him with a glint in her eyes, tongue peeking out to wet her lips as he leans forward. Her pulse picks up in anticipation, rabbiting in her chest, but disappointment follows as he instead plucks an unassuming box from the corner of the desk. "Why am I not surprised?" That mild sting doesn't last for long as he opens the box, revealing the contents inside and drawing a soft gasp of delight from her lips, brows raising in surprise. "Oh... It's lovely." Maeve murmurs, reaching forward to run the tip of her finger across the smooth surface, a bit of excitement flaring in her belly. What can she say? She likes gifts.

"Put it on me?" She arches a brow, sitting back and reaching to undo the choker that currently rests on her neck, slipping it into her pocket once the clasp is free.
Maeve
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
JACK
hellraiser
risk taker
"I s'pose I will," the captain murmurs, his smile only growing at her mention of foreplay. He doesn't disagree with her; this is better than footsie under the table, for Jack, and he watches her reaction to his gift with catlike interest. The excitement of receiving a gift, the anticipation of something more to begin with, the sting that melts into something more pleasureable; Jack laps it up, and when Maeve makes her request, he lifts the pendant out of the box.

"Don't mind if I do," he rumbles, rising to his feet and stepping around the desk to the back of her chair. Warm hands sweep her hair to the side so he might see better, in contrast to the cool silver as the chain slips about her neck. With the teardrop nestled against her chest, seeming both darker and brighter next to the cream of her skin, Jack fastens the clasp and inclines his head to her. "It suits you."
full speed ahead
'til i'm dead