don't mix business with pleasure
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
I get them all worked up and down on their knees, you see
See? It all depends on the client. While she doesn't know Jack by any stretch of the imagination, she's picked up a few things, enough to give her a vague idea of the kind of games he likes to play. Deals, business arrangements, sharp banter filled with innuendo? All of that is much more appealing than any preening and girlish gushing she could do, falling all over him like a ditzy schoolgirl, playing sweet and innocent. No, it doesn't work when he already knows that she has teeth and claws. Why play gentle when you can go for blood? Where was the fun in holding back? "Have a little patience. I promise it'll be worth the wait." Maeve hums, watching as he delicately draws the pendant from the box, slipping around the desk and to her back.

She can feel the heat of his body behind her, making her shiver as his fingers trail over her skin to sweep her hair away from her neck, carefully bringing the chain around her neck so he might clasp it into place. The pendant is cool against her skin, warming slowly as it rests just at her cleavage, drawing the eye there with its ruby glint. Maeve turns so he might see it better, lifting her chin and baring her throat, fingers trailing along the edge of it. "You think so? I rather like it myself. You definitely didn't disappoint." Her eyes flick up to his, lashes dark and thick as she peers through them, a coquettish smile curling on her lips once more. "Tell me what you'd like to see me in next time, Captain. I think I promised to let you rip something off of me with your teeth?"
They take my fingers in their mouths like it's poetry
Maeve
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 35 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3601
JACK
hellraiser
risk taker
"Lucky for me, I am quite the patient man," Jack informs her, already slipping back from the chair so he can admire the pendant on her, and all the places it draws the eye and settles against her skin.

"Mm, I do think so. Torchline don't make too many like you, Madame." Pale as milk and delicate as a razorblade, it is quite the rarity to see a ruby gleam like that against such a beautiful backdrop. He reaches out, walking gentle fingers down along the column of her throat, grazing along the necklace before they withdraw again.

Her question has him considering, the captain circling back around to the other side of his desk so he might lean his hands against it, taking her in from head to toe. "I'd like you in something made of lace and ribbon," he decides. "Delicate, so we can pretend that you are."
full speed ahead
'til i'm dead
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret:

Magic: Passive Telepathy | The user can read the surface thoughts and emotions of those within a 30ft radius. Control is excellent. Note: "Thoughts and emotions" include anything written in a character's narration in a post.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Also branded with a small star tattoo beneath his left eye.

Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"How lucky indeed. I won't keep you waiting long. As soon as the doors are open you're more than welcome to seek me out." Maeve hums, shifting subtly in her chair to put herself on display for him, chin lifting and shoulders drawing back just enough to lift her chest.

The compliment brings an almost sweet smile to her lips. It would be considered sweet if he didn't know better and Jack surely knows better. The little show of innocence she puts on is just that, a show, nothing more to it. They both know she's nowhere near innocent and neither is her. What a pair they make. The Captain and the Madame. It seems kind of fitting in this context. Maeve leans lightly into his touch, shivering beneath his fingertips as the flush on her cheeks spreads down her throat just for him, eyes fluttering shut for a moment. "Guess that's what makes me so special, hm?" She finally hums as he withdraws, turning in her chair to follow him as he shifts back behind the desk, reclining back so he might take in all of her.

"Lace and ribbon... I'm sure I can find something suitable." Maeve purrs, sending him a wink as she stands, bracing her hands against the edge of the desk and leaning closer to him until they're about a breath apart. "Any other requests, Captain?"
Maeve
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 35 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3601
JACK
hellraiser
risk taker
"It's a date," Jack purrs, as if either of them are the sort to indulge in that sort of thing. Well, perhaps Maeve is. Jack, though? He doesn't make dates. He keeps appointments. And so they appraise each other like that for a few moments, with the Madame on display and Jack making sure to take it all in, inside and out, until he's satisfied (for now). Their little game of cat and mouse is destined to continue for at least a little longer; both of them are very busy, after all.

So when she asks her question, he offers her a crooked smile and a flash of a wink for her trouble. "That will be all for now," he murmurs. "When you get the building up and running, send me a note and I'll be sure to have your shipments start arriving. Leafchange comes soon, though, so I'd move that very fine ass of yours, if I were you."
full speed ahead
'til i'm dead
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret:

Magic: Passive Telepathy | The user can read the surface thoughts and emotions of those within a 30ft radius. Control is excellent. Note: "Thoughts and emotions" include anything written in a character's narration in a post.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Also branded with a small star tattoo beneath his left eye.

Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve can manage waiting a little bit longer. They've lasted this long, haven't they? Besides, the back and forth was half the fun. She's almost sad for it to end. The Madame let's him get one last look before she's straightening up, retuning his crooked smile with a smirk of her own, letting her eyes rake over him a final time. It'll have to do for now. It won't be long before they get properly acquainted with each other.

She gives him a loose salute, a laugh bubbling up in her chest, "Of course, Captain. Me and my fine ass will get a move on. I'll be seeing you soon." Maeve tosses him a wink over her shoulder and even going so far as to give a playful wiggle of her ass just for him before she's slipping out the door. She has some work to do.
Maeve