{SE} another round
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
My dear, we're slow dancing in a burning room
They were supposed to go out for drinks tonight. Mostly because they haven't been out in ages, but also because they've never done this properly. The whole getting drinks, going dancing, none of it, but Maeve is a patient girl. They've been busy. Which is why she's currently in the Hanged Man all by herself, dressed up and sipping something sweet as she waits for Locke to join her. He had some jobs to finish and it could be a bit before he gets to her, but there is plenty of people to watch to help the time pass. A gentle breeze blows in from the ocean, cooling her skin against the balmy heat and making her skirt flutter around her legs, bare feet braced on her stool.

The Madame leans lightly against the bar, raising her hand for another drink as her seaglass gaze shifts from person to person, never really settling on anyone in particular.
Maeve
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
and yes i've been changing. for me, not for you
A brief trip to Torchline to drop off a dagger in exchange for some clothes. It was a simple trip- nothing too major or important, but with the sun setting he chose to hang around a tad. The clothes were secure in a satchel strung over his shoulder, kept close to his body. It took a bit to truly settle on what he was interested in doing on this trip before his eyes settled on the Hanged Man.

Faint memories of the place played back and he chose to finally venture inside, to take some time to enjoy things and try to have some fun.

Moving inside, his eyes scanned the place searching for a place to sit. Everywhere seemed to have people who already had company or didn’t seem the sort to be willing to have him join. No worries, for he would soon see an open stool. The girl near it didn’t seem to be with anyone, so might as well venture over there.

Walking over, Oliver took a seat and secured the bag at his feet, pushing his foot through the strap to ensure it wouldn’t be taken away. He then placed an order for a whiskey- eager to have something to sip on.
smile for the camera, it's just a shot in the dark
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Except the stool isn't really all that empty. While Aidon wasn't sitting in it, he was guarding it for Locke and when the stranger who very much wasn't Locke sat in it, he bristles and warbles his irritation from beneath the stool. This catches Maeve's attention at the sudden ire that travels along the bond, pulling her brows together and pushing a huff past her lips, turning to see just what had Aidon in a twist. Her expression instantly softens upon seeing the other man, "Sorry, he takes his job very seriously." Maeve laughs, lifting her drink to him in a half hearted cheers, "Put his drink on my tab, love." She offers to the barkeep before turning her attention back to him, head cocking to the side thoughtfully.

"You seem familiar. Have we met before?" The Madame asks, seaglass gaze running over him curiously as a smile curls on painted lips.
Maeve
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
A little dragon was NOT happy that he chose to sit down. Lifting his feet up, Oliver stared down at the creature. He was really hoping to avoid any fire or biting- accidentally kicking the creature would also not be very fun.

Just when he was about to pull up an illusion to get the creature away, the woman next to him shushed the companion, followed by an apology. Looking back up at her, he offered a small nod. "It's fine- I should've asked first." That was his fault, absolutely. Thankfully, she didn't seem to mind.

Hell, she even took a step in a completely different direction than he was expected. A free drink? On her? Well- surely that could mean something either really good or really bad. He was fine with either, he'd easily be able to get out of any nasty situation. "Thank you." Was all he could offer for now, along with a small smile.

While he waited for his drink, the conversation moved on. He expected her to chat with him, a free drink isn't just offered for no reason and a feisty dragon surely wasn't enough.

"I'm afraid not... I do visit here often? I run a shop and I do frequent trades here. I enjoy the weather so I try to come when I can."
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve waved her hand dismissively, shaking her head, "He takes his job seriously. We're still learning manners." She said with a soft laugh, taking up her drink and sipping from it slowly before she was buying his drink and turning her attention to him fully. Seaglass gaze running over him in an attempt to place where she knew him from. He seemed so familiar. She was sure that she had met him somewhere. Maybe she had only seen him in passing, but she had seen him. She was sure of it.

"What do you do for work? Sorry, you just seem so familiar to me and I can't put my finger on it." Maeve huffed, brows knitting together before she sighed, letting it go in favor of leaning against the bar. Aidon finally slipped from beneath the stranger's seat, small enough that he could still sit in her lap comfortably, that's where he found himself. Orange eyes narrowed at the man who took Locke's seat, watching him closely, clearly not sharing his bonded's willingness to accept him.
Maeve
Blacksmith

Change author:
There is a faint smile and a nod towards her before his eyes glance down briefly towards the creature. ”Understandable- I mean… imagine if some random dude just appeared randomly in front of you.” Oliver still didn’t understand why the dragon was so offended, but he tried his best to respect it. Who knows what was going through his head. Maybe he was just protecting.

The girl pushed on and it slowly morphed into a genuine thing- rather than a ploy. To keep it going for so long clearly meant something real. Either the girl recognized him or he needed to play along for some reason. Oliver would try his best to figure it out because he was a bit invested now, curious to see what the end result would be.

”I’m a blacksmith! But I also do art on the side.” His art wasn’t at all what he was known for, but hey. Maybe that was the final piece? Might as well bring it up. ”What about you? Maybe that’ll help- I do a lot of trades with people. Never know where we might’ve run into each other.” Oliver bit down on his lip in though, eyes drifting to the side as he tried his best to recollect where he might’ve seen her.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
"He was saving the seat for my date." Maeve laughed softly, shaking her head at Aidon who was crouching under her chair now, trying to still keep an eye on Oliver from his new spot. She lifted her drink to her lips, taking a small sip, regarding him with bright eyes as she looked him over again. It was hard to place him, but he seemed so familiar. Surely they had business before, but nothing was coming to mind even as he told her his trade before asking for hers.

She smirked over the rim of her glass, arching a dark brow, "I'm the Madame of the Halenani, but before I was just another one of the girls. Perhaps you've visited?" Maeve asked curiously, head cocking to the side as she looked for any signs that she got it right, having a feeling he might be the blushing type.

Before Oliver has a chance to answer, Locke is appearing at her side, bending to press a kiss to her cheek. Maeve gave Oliver an apologetic look, "Sorry, love. Looks like my date is here. Maybe I'll see you around, though. Enjoy your drink." With that Maeve slipped off of the stool, taking Locke's arm, Aidon trailing along behind her as she gave him a final wave.

~FIN~
Maeve