[se] into the weeds
for Oliver
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
The Sword had to get out of his own damned head before he imploded, before he seethed and contorted and rippled into further melancholic hell – and so, likely against better judgment (did he use that anymore?), he and his companions journeyed through portals. Towards the Greatwood of all places – safe, where he hadn’t set any god damned fires, where his hatred for another didn’t posture into vengeance and vehemence, where pieces of past didn’t loom and conform to malice.

Instead, it was some level of tranquility, serenity, to be immersed beside the rapid river again. For a long while he did nothing more than sit upon a massive boulder, watching the ripples, the churning waves, the lull stretch of fish under its potency, the scales glimmering off the sides.

And so, a moment later, leaving Zuriel to graze and Belial to nap on the rock, he shifted.

The tiger this time – stretching his claws, maneuvering deep into the fathoms, fur soused and wet and indifferent to the cold – pressing his wake and power into its threshold because that was all he could do now. And in some cases, it was all he had left.

Deimos might have laughed at himself, if it weren’t so pathetic. Instead, his paws flexed, one swiping at a nearby goldfish, and then letting it go.
still standing
not because you can
but because you have to
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
Out on a scavenging trip, mighty paws walked along the ground, a bag strapped to him so he could put away anything fun he found. This shift was used for the mighty nose and ability to climb. It meant if something fun was nearby, he’d hopefully be able to find it easily! So far, he hadn’t found much. There was a rock that seemed to be pretty, but it would need a lot of cleaning. Otherwise, he hadn’t found much.

That was until he caught a familiar scent. Eyes widen and he takes off in a run, moving through the woods as he makes his way towards the scent. He knew that stinky tiger smell from anywhere! And sure enough just ahead in the clearing, he’d see a stark white body.

Slowing on down to a trot, he made his way over. It was only when he got super close that he was actually able to tell what Deimos was doing. He seemed to be pawing at something in the water? Oh! He sure hoped it was something fun.

A soft purr had now been started and soon, he wasn’t too far from the tiger. Hey! A sense of joy could be felt, happy to randomly run into the man.
one lil short quote goes here!
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
He plunged underneath the currents and wondered if he should let them take him. Down, down, down the river, aloft and afloat, until he reached an ending point towards the sea – if he would’ve figured out his life by then, watching as clouds spiraled and trees gathered and things altered and changed. The cool water washed over fur and beckoned in spirals and plumes of weeds down below, and if he were not holding his breath he would’ve sighed – lifting back up to the surface, grey cranium bounding upwards.

Only to be alerted, rather nonchalantly, by Zuriel that another approached. Based on her mood (boredom and apathy) it wasn’t a cause for concern. Belial napped on, curled up and content in the sun.

The notions of joy suddenly pulsing through the Attuned bond certainly weren’t his, and his gaze flickered over to see a familiar cat form upon the shoreline. Oliver, he greeted, a quiet rumble, wondering if he’d have to piece himself together here too. How are you?
still standing
not because you can
but because you have to
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
The white mass had disappeared into the water, but Oliver knew he was nearby. The man surely wouldn't take a ride down the currents, escaping into the woods.

Thankfully, his suspicions were confirmed and he stayed within the same area, allowing Oliver the chance to catch up and properly chat with him.

Zuriel was seen and Oliver tried his best to send her a greeting, unsure if she would feel it within the bond. Most likely not, but it felt rude to not attempt to address her. His eyes also flickered over to an unknown creature- he'd have to ask about that later. For now, he made it to the water's edge and looked at Deimos with wide eyes.

I'm good! I mean- I've been better... I'm safe, is what I mean. None of the fires had made it to him. No giant chickens or any other chaos. It was plain and simple. I have been trying to do what I can to continue my life- my shop is going good as well. Enough about him, he wanted to check in on Deimos.

Are you well? I saw you were messing with the water.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
Zuriel greeted Oliver in the same way she often did; a bow of her head, and then nothing more but a very vague skepticism and a holier-than-thou discretion, before returning to grazing around boulders. Belial slept on; not a very keen guardian for the moment. But Deimos would permit him this round – content in the sun, safe from persecutors, already having fulfilled his duties for a lifetime from the night of arson and sedition.

Still immersed in the Stonesong’s depths, his attention maneuvered back to the smaller cat – far chipper, brighter, than the Sword would ever be. At the very least he was doing well, safe and secure within the Greatwood. There was something to be said for being capable of staying out of harm’s way lately – a condition Deimos was utterly incapable of as of late. And everything is fine here? The last time he’d been through, they’d been assisting Remi with the defenses; but he hadn’t heard anything else since.

When the inquiry rounded back on him though, the sentiments dimmed. I have been better, which wasn’t a lie, and maybe they could pretend that it meant nothing. Piercing eyes flickered back to the water, the means and multitudes of distraction. Catching fish and then letting them go. And swimming. Diving beneath the depths; trying not to drown.
still standing
not because you can
but because you have to
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
A nod was plenty of a response from the unicorn. It was a lovely greeting and Oliver greatly appreciated what he was given. His attention was then given to Deimos- he didn’t have anything to offer to Zuriel and she could probably tell that.

His inquiries earn a small nod. Yes, everything is going well here… although, I feel there is work to be done to help build up things, but that’s the normal. Nothing bad or out of the ordinary as of recent. And he was thankful for that. Fires weren’t exactly something he felt prepared to deal with, not in the slightest. What was he gonna do? Toss dirt at it?

The leopard’s eyes soften and he almost seems to frown, if that were possible. Well… I sure hope things get better for you soon. And I hope right now, it isn’t the worst you’ve felt. Not the best, but hopefully not the worst. That’s all he could hope for.

Fishing! It sounded fun to try and catch the little animals with his paws- so long as he didn’t hurt them.

Laying down, Oliver stretched out his paws into the water. Allowing his individual toes to spread out, claws coming out and moving amongst the water before retracting. A soft purr left his throat and he started to search for fish, tail moving around quite a bit, flickering and bouncing.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
At least the Greatwood had kept their tranquility while everything else disassembled. He coaxed another sigh of relief, but it billowed out into the water, swallowed by the current. Do you know of what else needs to be done? Perhaps when the Sword wasn’t plotting insurrection he could offer assistance here; if he knew what kind was required. Too many directions. Too many platitudes. Too many hours gone and wasted already.

He didn’t expect Oliver’s ensuing platitudes, perspectives, and gestures – the notions would’ve made his brows furrow. Instead, the tiger darted along the liquid, catching at nothing but the ivory plumes of trapped water before releasing it. It wasn’t the most detrimental wound he’d ever received. Certainly not beyond losing his parents, his land, battles, friends, loved ones, being abandoned by those he cherished the most, or consumed by sickness. And the sentiments might be temporary, as much as they nettled, stung, and seethed now. No, you are right. They are not the worst. On a sliding scale of lamentable faults, this had to be in the middle. There was still a drive. There was still a way out.

It was just…time.

Before long though the other cat seemed to have taken to the idea of fishing with no intention of maiming; and he watched momentarily as Oliver bounced along the shoreline. Softly snorting, Deimos dove down under the depths again, and once finding the glinting scales of goldfish once more, applied his efforts to scattering them near the hybrid’s perch.
still standing
not because you can
but because you have to
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
The answer was far more complicated than a simple yes, no, or even an explanation. I have thinks I think should be done… but in terms of actually know what the leader wants to do or what is actually best? No idea. I’m not a strategist- hell, I’ve been told a lot of my ideas are far too behind. Too impossible in one way or another. A war was inevitable, no matter what Oliver bothered to do. I wish we could somehow make a trap against Wessex… she’s one of the main reasons everything in this world is so wrong. Killing the tree should’ve been an obvious sign. Oliver wasn’t saying they should’ve sentenced her to death…. But maybe exiling her into the thunderstorms would’ve been a good idea! That’s all.

There was still optimism to be had with Deimos. Oliver had no idea just what the ex-General had got himself into, but he could tell something was off. Deimos wouldn’t just open up with him, so Oliver would have to go an alternate route. Then there is still something to be optimistic about… and know you aren’t alone. I don’t know what you’re dealing with nor will I pretend I understand, but just know I’m here. Oliver was rooting for him with all his might, cheering on a man who had been through so much. A man who deserved peace.

Peace would temporarily arrive as the two kittens played around.

The fish were scared away rather quickly. A little playful growl erupted and Oliver’s tail flickered. Paws stopped momentarily before he’d attempt to paw at Deimos multiple times, trying to reach him in the water in whatever way he could.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
The unknown would be a part of the puzzle for eternity. And while Deimos didn’t often mind traversing the plains of the uncharted, in terms of preparing defenses, maneuvers, obstacles, and sieges, it certainly wasn’t a comfortable thought. Instead it was like trepidation, unresolved pieces flickering off and away, or never dispatching altogether. At the mention of Wessex, there was only a slight bristle. Perhaps something a herald would have in mind? Much like how the Ascended had aimed to block the demigods from the Grounds? What stopped the other lands from doing the same with those embodied by the Voice? Portals would likely need to be maimed and broken, to alleviate everything, but it was a notion. A thought. Because right now he wasn’t certain anything could truly stop her. Stormbreak apparently does not allow Ascended. There must be a way they keep them out. His mind configured back to discussions with Seren, trying to categorize what she’d said.

The briefest amount of surprise stoked through the Sword at Oliver’s insinuations – kind and generous, probably more than what the tiger deserved. Thank you. There was still fight in him yet, because there were goals and aspirations, ambitions and initiatives, a resolve sticking in through his rib cage and pouring through his lungs. He wasn’t done in. Wasn’t sinking.

With the fish scattered, gone, Deimos thought had to meander further into the river, dive deeper, submerge and drive a fresh wave of them up into the currents. Oliver apparently had other measures in mind, angling forward to seemingly catch at him. The tiger snorted, amusements entangling, before utilizing a massive paw to send a volley of water towards the leopard.
still standing
not because you can
but because you have to
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Speaking with the heralds would be wise. Yes- and it may be best if a Demigod work with us... they may have the power to help us. --

The Stormbreak comment is intriguing and causes his ears to perk up. Yes- if that is the case... maybe we could work with them. See if they would be willing to help us. To stop the Ascended from leaving the Grounds... If they could stop the Ascended from ever leaving the Grounds- well, then all their troubles would be solved. They can have their peaceful little bubble and everyone else can live happily!

A small little tap of happiness was sent Deimos' way, like a one-armed hug- wait... Oliver had never hugged Deimos- huh. That'd have to be solved someday! For now, he'd use the attuned bond to his advantage, offering Deimos what support he could.

The tiger in the water refused to come any closer, nor did his pawing even reach the tail. Before Oliver could try to leap onto the beast, a massive wave of water crashed into him. Shaking his head to knock any water off, he sneezed. OH?! As if he was now challenged, Oliver readied himself.

Shaking his hips to cement himself into the ground, Oliver readied the perfect pounce before finally leaping onto the tiger's back, well aware that Deimos would be able to support his body weight.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
Maybe Oliver had overlooked the individual seemingly in charge of defenses; given his decrees and sentiments as they all spoke in Halo. Have you talked to Remi? The only ruminations and facts he knew about Stormbreak had been within the information Seren had provided – and even then, much of it had been in designated warnings, neither Abandoned nor Ascended allowed access. Sentiments of old, arcane things the former had no control of. But he shrugged his tiger shoulders, giving into the indifference of those particular shards, before hastening onward into the antics of the river.

Still baffled and surprised by the warmer sentiments sent his way, the beast snorted, but sent his appreciation via the bond regardless. The knowledge of support, despite his numerous offenses, flaws, defects, and the very nature of consequences baffled him; but to know he had some, even in the midst of the woods, was worth acknowledging and being grateful for.

Thereafter though was an entirely new facet – and the disbelief of the smaller cat suddenly on his back resounded and ricocheted through the Attuned adornments, if not by the widened eyes and look on his face. A round of laughter reverberated, and then he took the rest of the nuances as a personal challenge – immediately diving down into the depths of the rivulet. If Oliver couldn’t hang on in the midst of the current, then he best be prepared.
still standing
not because you can
but because you have to
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
There is almost a nod before he tilts his head. Somewhat, yes. I told him about everything but we haven’t spoke recently at all. Yes and No. Oliver wasn’t sure if he’d be given the ability to talk to him- or if it would even help. He wanted to do his best to help everyone, but what if his ideas were to fantastical?

Compliments and love would need to wait- the two had started a game and Oliver was ready to have fun.

Trying to hold on was… hard. Especially when he didn’t have thumbs and it wasn’t like he could hold on with his claws. That would brutally hurt. So instead, Oliver allowed himself to let go and swam up to the surface. Pushing his head through, he let out a snort. You win- but I want to play a different game next. Whoever can find the prettiest rock wins. You game? He’d find a game he could play, absolutely.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
Remi and Oliver were likely busy counterparts; it wasn’t a surprise that neither had a chance or opportunity to speak to one another. Perhaps in the coming days, where everything felt a bit more together, or haphazard; it was difficult to discern which boundary chaos would land within next. When you get the chance then, conjured on a light shrug of tiger shoulders, before other ridiculous things gave way.

The diving measures seemed to have done the trick in ridding Oliver away, though it did volley another round of light laughter, a visceral snort through bonds. He returned to the surface, nostrils widening on a sudden intake of air, paws pushing along the veneer with ease, muscles enduring the push and pull of the current. The next indication of a game caused his head to tilt; for he’d never found any purpose in picking pretty rocks, unless he was going to harpoon, throw, or bombard someone with them. Sure. Why not – it was a distraction, and not where he would readily sink into melancholy at any given moment.

Within another instant, the massive feline rampaged downward again, paws seeking out any pebbles down at the bottom of the river.
still standing
not because you can
but because you have to
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
There was a simple nod. I will write to you should anything new come up- I doubt it. He’s always traveling so I don’t even know when he will be near me again. It was almost impossible to even write to Remi it felt like- would the message arrive? It felt risky and as if it would take far too much time.

Pushing aside those worries and thoughts, Oliver focused on what he could control. The present. There wasn’t anything to really do except try and enjoy this short time with Deimos. It was a momentary escape from the hell they lived in. A game that would hopefully strengthen their bond and allow the two to decompress.

With Deimos accepting, the game was on. With an excited purr, Oliver dove into the water before swimming down towards the shallow portion. Paws began to shift away rocks as he steadily worked towards finding a rock pretty enough to compete.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3