Almost in your Arms
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87
PETER

The place he had been calling home had stopped being a place in the time between Peter leaving and Peter returning. It was... strange to deal with. He thinks he maybe wants to cry, with the way his eyes burn, but Pet instead just asks around, as much as he can. No casualties, which eases the dread in his chest but raises a different question.

Where else does he find Adam? A nights pondering and morning necessity drove him into the bar, setting up in a quiet, private corner he could watch the door from. Habits still carried through ascension, even if the effectiveness of them didn’t. And it’s simply Adam’s atmosphere, with a lack of any alternative at the moment.

It’s an idea that pays off so quickly that Pet actually forgets himself for a moment, and in his haste to stand, sends the chair flying out behind him and clattering to the ground. And thats... it’s just embarrassing, more than enough to freeze him in place, a blotchy silvery sheen blooming over his face. Not the reunion he’d wanted at all, but more than enough to draw every eye in the room to him, Adam’s included.
I don’t know where I’ve been
But I know where I wanna go
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ADAM

Seal my heart and break my pride
The beach hobo lifestyle was honestly pretty fucking boring and Adam had given up on it nearly immediately. While he didn't need to sleep, it was nice to have somewhere to go at night, because wandering about by himself in the dark might be very brooding and cool, but it wasn't very fun. He'd started spending his nights either at the bar or the Halenani, and the days too, because what the fuck was he gonna do on the beach?

Maybe one day he'd finally get the balls to walk into the ocean, but not this day.

Defeated, heading into the bar to have more water, he was perfectly ready to spend the time ruminating about all the usual things: what to do, how shitty it was being Ascended, how he'd fucked up his marriage, where the fuck was Pet anyway- when a loud clatter drew his attention. Like everyone else in the room, he turned his head and blinked as he took in the scene.

Unlike everyone else, seemingly not giving a shit about any potential embarrassment in this situation, as soon as he saw Pet, Adam rushed forwards. Stopping just short of actually hugging him, awkwardly stood with his arms out about a foot away, he let out a not-that-casual laugh and took a step back. "I uh, I missed you. Didn't know where you'd gone, with the fire and stuff. I was worried."
I've nowhere to stand and now nowhere to hide
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
PETER

Adam runs to him. It’s dizzying to watch happen, Pet’s mouth all but hanging open under his watering eyes. The little bit of distance left between them at the last second was immediately closed by Pet, before he could lose his nerve. He needed this, needed the comfort that Adam’s touch would bring, and it only drives him to press harder around the other man.

I m-m-missed you too.” Pet warbles from somewhere around Adam’s collar bone. “I j-just wanna b-be... be loved, and... and I wanna... wa-want you, and I, I don’t, I don’t want to call us any... anything, ju-just together.” the longer he goes on, the quieter his voice goes, face still pressed tightly against Adams chest.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
ADAM

As soon as Pet made it clear it was okay, made the final connection, Adam didn't hesitate to hold him close, one hand going to cradle his head and stroke his hair with a thumb and the other on Pet's lower back, Adam's lips resting on his crown. Maybe people were still staring, but he didn't give a fuck; all that mattered was that Pet was crying and his heart ached to hear it, but the words made it want to soar at the same time.

"Babe, you're always gonna be loved by me. You have been this whole time. I really...God, I.." Blinking away sudden tears, Adam let out a helpless laugh. "Fuck, you're gonna make me start -- I love you, Pet, even though I fucked this up. I love you a whole lot." He pressed a kiss to the top of Pet's head, eyes closed tight shut as he tried to make promises silently between them, things he'd been thinking for days and had been worried he'd never have a chance to make good on.

Finally, he gently moved Pet away enough to look him in the eyes. "You got me. You wanna tell me where you've been? Are you okay?"
Peter Pikely

Change author:
PETER

The whole world melts away until there is only him, and Adam, and for the first time in a long time, Pet feels at ease. How had he ever forgotten the easy peace of being in Adam’s arms? Greedy hands try to pull the other man even closer as his words wrap warmly around around Pet, nearby dizzying him.

There’s a starry, distant look in his blue eyes when Adam pulls away, Pet nodding in response before he remembers how to use his words. “M’okay.I was uh... I got roped into a... a favour, for the uh... weird twitchy guy. The book one.

Smiling, a hand lifts to touch Adam’s jaw, Pet looking a little awed to be here, to be having this moment. “Missed you.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM

"...The...book one." Adam repeated, blinking and going through his mental directory of nerds: eventually he thought he knew who Pet meant vaguely, but really it didn't matter. What did matter was that Pet was here, he was safe and they could try again - they could be them again.

His hand went up to the one on his jaw and he stroked over Pet's knuckles. "I missed you too. So uh, you know that we're out of a fucking house now, right?" Unfortunately, as much as Adam would have liked to stand there and make moon eyes at Pet all night, they were currently homeless. "We gotta find somewhere to stay. I've been spending some nights at the Halenani, but...I don't think you'd like it."

Glancing to the door - it was cloudy outside, dim enough they could walk through if they were quick - Adam held Pet's hand. "C'mon, I wanna talk to you privately. There's a shady spot on the beach by here."
Peter Pikely

Change author:
PETER

I heard.” Though as far as his tone was concerned, Pet didn’t seem to care about them being rendered homeless. Shade wasn’t exactly a commodity in short supply, and it was really all they needed. “I think we’ll figure something out.” He mumbles into Adams chest, his fingers tapping at the mention of the Halenani.

Now that they were reunited, really reunited, Pet would follow Adam to the very ends of the earth. A quick pop outside is nothing. He squeezes Adam’s hand tightly, probably too tightly, though neither of them is particularly capable of noticing at the moment.

As soon as they get to Adam’s shady spot, Prt is trying to get them seated, so he can curl up as close to Adam as possible.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM

"You're very fucking calm about that." Adam commented with a laugh, though he supposed it made sense. When they were Ascended, home comforts didn't matter half as much (though he still wanted them, if only for the sake of appearances). They would sort something out though - this was rather macabre, but with so many people often going off on quests and dying, Caido had a very open rotating housing market.

Sitting and putting an arm around Pet, holding him close, Adam looked out over the view of the street and beach beyond. With the gentle breeze and Longheat sun, it was idyllic; for the first time in a long time, he felt something close to contentment as he kissed the top of Pet's head.

"...Thank you. For uh, forgiving me and stuff. I don't really deserve it. But I'm glad you did, cos I dunno what I'd do without you." His fingertips gently travelled down Pet's spine and back up into his hair. "I was going pretty fuckin' crazy. I don't...know what the fuck I was thinking earlier. I've never loved anyone like I love you, Pet. I can't even really get words for it."
Peter Pikely

Change author:
PETER

All Pet can do is shrug, not sure what else to say in response to Adams comment. Of course he’s calm. Stability isn’t exactly something he’s had a lot of in his life, and if the worst that happens at this point is his current domicile burns down, then he’s just going to count himself lucky. After all, he still has everything important to him in the world right here.

Settling under Adams arm and throwing his legs over his lap, Pet looks up at the other man. There’s no vista in the world that could pull his eyes away, not even Torchlines coast. Big eyes close slowly as lips press into a nest of dark curls, some soft, contented noise leaving Peter.

Dunno what I’d do either.” He mumbles, shivering on reflex at the soft touch against his back. “S’weird. I don’t... I’ve never... been in love like this before.” If he was being honest, he didn’t think he’s ever really been in love before, but... well, Adams head was big enough. “What um... what do you think we do now?
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM

"Well yeah, you've never been in love with Adam fucking Pikely before." Adam reminded Pet teasingly, making sure that he never forgot how lucky he was to be in a relationship with possibly the most sexy, mysterious rogue that had ever graced Caido. Fingers still lightly tracing up and down Pet's spine, he hummed at the question and wiggled the toe of his boot.

Things were probably going to get real fucking dark soon, he knew that. Everyone was talking about a war and they would be inevitably involved, now that they were Ascended. "...I guess...there's probably gonna be stuff that comes up. But for now maybe we should try make getting somewhere to live a priority. I was thinking...theres this uh, little cove thing just off the beach with a cave. S'not like we need to be warm. We could put some stuff in there, make it nice."

Not a typical house, but they weren't typical humans anymore.

"What do you think? It'd be kinda private and we could fit a decent amount of stuff in there. We'd need to make some kinda wall or whatever to protect our shit, but.."
Peter Pikely

Change author:
PETER

Big blue eyes stare up into Adam’s face, a window into all the dizzying depths of Pet’s emotions, vast uncharted spaces opened to Adam. “I-I... I don’t know if if I’ve ever... been in love w-with anyone before.” He admits, the words feeling like too much before they’ve even really left him.

It’s easily left behind for talk of the future. Talks of war, of darkness. Of death and discovery hanging over their heads for weeks, months, years at a time. They didn’t have the liberty of choosing a side, the choice made for them already, and well... it’s all familiar to Pet. An inevitability. He’s lived under the blade once, and not been half as comfortable as he can be with Adam.

I think a cave sounds nice. Quiet. Private.” The ghost of a smile plays over Pets lips before he’s leaning in against Adam’s neck. “Safe.” It sounds like a dream. “Do you um... do you know about any caves? Empty ones?
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM

"Well, ain't you lucky. First time round and you got me." Adam winked, feeling comfortable enough to slip back into his usual jokes. There was still a taste of that lingering fear that had been resting in the back of his mind since he and Pet had gotten together, that being the other mans first (and only?) was too much, that he was ruining Pet's chances to see what was out there before they'd begun - but for now he pushed them aside. He couldn't let his own stupid fucking head get between them again, not when he'd just managed to get over the last problem.

Did he know any caves? Adam laughed. "I mean, no. Not specific ones, but like...it's a beach with a buncha cliffs. There's gonna be caves. Maybe we can go on a cave-tour and pick one out." It was hard to believe he was genuinely discussing becoming a full time beach cave-hobo, but Adam found he was actually quite happy to do so. "And then when the Gods start having dick-wagging contests we can hide in there and have our own dick wagging contest." He leaned away just to waggle his eyebrows at Pet.
Peter Pikely

Change author:
PETER

Pet blinks once, after a long moment of staring, and when he opens his eyes again they shimmer with fluid tears, enough to threaten without actually spilling over. His hands, imperfect, dangerous, even more so now, reach out to touch Adam’s bare chest, just for the faint feeling of cool skin on cool skin. “I am lucky.” He mumbles. For finding Adam, for somehow, despite the better options out there, keeping him.

If there was still colour in Peter’s veins, it would be rushing to his cheeks. Adams words seem so obvious, now that they’re out in the air. Cave-tour at least summons a smile, though it only lasts a moment before dick-wagging freezes it, a shy giggle working its way out of Pet. “That sounds... good, it sounds good.” He offers, leaning in to tuck his head under his husbands chin. “We can go tonight?” It comes out like a question, though he’s already decided. Even if Adam doesn’t come with him, he’ll go.

And until then, Pet will sit right here. Whole again.

Fin~