[RQ] sweet, sweet success

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
the stories i could tell
The Voice pauses thoughtfully for a moment as she considers Wessex's offer. "Perhaps, but we would need more than that." It would be an easy enough RQ for the Grounds, should they want to limit themselves. "Though perhaps banning all demigods might be more effective." Harder of course. And was there time? "Think on it."

Looking to Varus, the Voice merely shrugs. "Then tell him you needed it to protect her. The world is a dangerous place after all." And it would continue to be dangerous. Why shouldn't the soldier need to go through 3, maybe even 4 bites? "From what I have seen, the Lullaby hasn't failed to fall in love with those who bite him more than once or twice. Perhaps that too might be to our advantage." Varus was his type after all. If Isla wouldn't be the one to use her position with him to his detriment, one of her oldest soldiers would certainly.

"And traded amongst yourselves, a group of manticores might truly make him understand what he is up against."
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
empires fall when we move the unmovable, so tell me all of my secrets, tell me all of my lies,
Something for the next leader(s) to decide, Wessex thinks, even as she nods in silent agreement. With this task done, they have the opportunity to ask for something else and while she knows she will certainly advise, it will no longer be in her hands. It is interesting information about the Lullaby. Who knew he was so easily led by pleasure?

Wessex’s gaze wanders to the two unspeaking members of their group and finds is doubly interesting that they’re here for this blatant strategy discussion; for better or worse, the Accepted had seem to throw their lot in with team Ascended and Mabel, well, perhaps Mabel needed a little more direction. Maybe this would give her something to anchor her more firmly than before.

With nothing else to add, the Wraith finds herself simply grinning at the the thought of a herd of manticore meeting the Lullaby at the border.

{Wessex will remain quiet unless something else is directed at her}
WESSEX
Varus Callahan
Assassin / Hollowed Grounds Captain

Age: 347 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
broken cigarettes and bullet holes, one more to the chest and i'm alone
He listens diligently, the words from his goddess sparking a plan into motion among the others of attaining more spies. It’s something he can absolutely try to do, siphon off the manticore and share among his fellow Ascended’s. And if, perchance, he had used the shift (given it away to another) then perhaps the Lullaby might be willing to get him have a couple more.

If nothing else, then perhaps he’d allow Isla her own, one which he might be able to take and share as well. It’s a thought that he debates whether it’s better to talk to Isla about or keep secret, but now is not the time for it.

Instead, he dips his head in understanding, his blue gaze lifting to meet the Voice. “It’s certainly worth a try.” He agrees. “Thank you.” He steps back beside Wessex, casting a knowing glance toward the Queen, before he draws silent.
VARUS

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
the stories i could tell
The Voice nods firmly. "Keeping one's enemy close does not mean allowing them to walk unchecked among us. At any point Ludo might instruct him to cull our family. Given his presence so often here, who would think twice of it? How many could he kill without a single alarm being raised?" She shakes her head. "Be clever."

So saying, the Voice gives a final nod to those present before disappearing in lightning crack that leaves the air faintly electrified and her ascended all rejuvenated .

~FIN