I swear I don't taste good
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
Maybe it's not the end of the world
Maybe we'll find some kind of silver line
Small, brown eyes peer out across the river. The sun is just beginning to crest over the treetops. As its rays fall across the water, the light turns the colors each a different shade. They're brighter, bolder, and yet they still hold memory. She's been here before. She'd sought the teachings of a man who she really hadn't known, who really hadn't deserved her admiration or trust. The memory, while at the time had been something pleasant to look back on, feels darker and corrupted now with the events that have passed.

She meanders towards the riverbank's edge casually, where stained rocks jumble together, creating their own vision of the rainbow. Traveling in her shift is preferable to travelling by foot; it blends in among the trees and shrubs, slipping through {seemingly} unnoticed. At least most people don't recognize her like this. That's another plus.

Absent-minded, her paws reach out to wiggle some of the rocks along the water's edge. When one of them is knocked loose by a minute whirl of movement beneath it, her attention is drawn down into the shallows. A frog darts out from beneath the stones, panicking away. Her fuzzy ears immediately prick up with a sudden, strangely predatory urge. She jumps into the water, tail waving like a banner, splashing after the little frog with intent to capture it.
And somewhere down it
we're bound to doubt it
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Ray
Have you ever heard a shadow?
A whisper at night?

Ray was taking a walk down the Ahi Coast, trying to clear her head from the recent drama. From the heavy clouds of war and looming stress that were on the brink of turning into a roaring thunderstorm. She had chosen to go in her panther form today. Even though Attuned were so common, people still seemed to hesitate from approaching a leopard as it stalked through the area. In town, sure they had to be an Attuned. But out here? It wasn't always so obvious.

Padding along on silent paws, her ears flicked as she heard the sound of disturbed rocks. She wasn't alone. Eyes narrowing, Ray sent out a quick message just in case. An easy way to determine friend from foe. Hello? She called out through the Attuned bond.
The soft sound of paws,
In the dead of night?
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Aurelia
She hadn't initially realized that the red panda could be such a predator. The intrigue it coaxed had her confusing its instincts with idle curiosity and playfulness. But there is a hunter that lives within this little creature, and she's surprised by its gumption.

Unsurpisingly, she gives into it - because she has always been the hunter, the fighter, the chaser. She was never born to be preyed upon. So, with tiny muscles that ripple like the surface of the water, she pounces. Waves splash up in her wake, and above the noise she is startled out of her wits by a voice in her head. Just a single word.

Hello?

Immediately, her head cocks up from the shallows, a strip of algae draped across her muzzle from where it went fishing for frogs. Big, fluffy eartips shiver with the sudden understanding that she's not as alone as she thought. Reaching out across the attuned bond, she answers, Hellooo...?

Equally as surprised as the other, Aurelia turns about to face the shore again. When she sees the magnificant, black-pelted beast, her eyes widen a bit. It looks a lot like Sunjata's panther shift but... the voice isn't his (definitely not), and it's perhaps a bit smaller. Beyond that, the energy feels strangely familiar. Like she might've met this person once. Maybe in their human forms?

Do I know you? She asks, tilting her head. Realizing she may not be remembered as an Attuned, since she'd only recently become it, she adds, I'm Aurelia. Who are you? She repeats it, not because she doesn't remember asking, but because she's worried what the other might do, or who they might be, or if her name might provoke them. Then again, she doubts someone intending to hurt her would make themselves known.
And somewhere down it
we're bound to doubt it
Ray Lunarium

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Ray
A whisper at night?

Ray perks up at the introduction immediately. Her ears flicking forward in attention and her body language relaxing. Aurelia? Hi! It's Ray, remember me? The big cat tilts her head curiously. You became a hybrid? Her voice through the Attuend bond was friendly and warm. The last question held a hint of curiosity and wonder.

Now knowing that the red panda was friendly, Ray approached until she was peering at the ground around the other Attuned's feet. What are you up to? I thought I saw a frog jumping. Just as she said that, a startled frog leapt up onto the panther's foot before freezing in terror. If Ray was in her human form she'd be smirking. Bending down the panther simply nudged the frozen frog with her nose. I wonder what frogs taste like? She sent towards Aurelia, her voice mischievous.
The soft sound of paws,
In the dead of night?
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
The tension across her body immediately slacks too, upon seeing the big cat perk up. Oh! Ray!? She echoes, relief and delight flowing across the bond with a warm surge towards the other Attuned, meeting her own emotions halfway. A happy little trill resounds from the red panda's chest. It's good to see you! How have you been?

Yes! Safrin.. Safrin made me a hybrid this last Flowerbirth. She explains, summarizing it as best she can, She gave me a quest. For completing it, I was given a shield... and, I asked her to Attune me to her. It was a bit bold of me I think but, she's very generous. Perhaps her first shift hasn't proven to be a powerful or intimidating animal but, she's grown fond of it all the same. Other people seem to like it as well, and... she thinks that's pretty great in and of itself.

Her tail wiggles through the air as Ray pads over, eventually arching over her back in a C-shape. She shuffles a bit to welcome Ray into the space, making a bit of room for her there in the shallows. Whiteish-red ears angle sharply towards the frog that plops down onto Ray's paw.

I've heard they're really good, she answers with a knowing edge, that's actually what I'm up to. Hunting frogs. A light bit of laughter crosses their mental link. Wanna join?

At that, she turns toward Ray's paw and pounces for the frog. It hops away immediately, Aurelia narrowly missing it with her little claws. She doesn't give up, however, shaking out her pelt before she gives chase.
And somewhere down it
we're bound to doubt it
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
Ray
A whisper at night?

Ray gave a feline grin. I've been great! What about you? Anything else new?  It was interesting to hear how her friend had been Attuned, and she found herself ecstatic for Aurelia. I'm so happy for you! That's awesome! And again Ray was hearing about Safrin's generosity, this was what, the third time?

The offer to hunt frogs has Ray's ear flicking excitedly. I'd love to. Why not catch a snack or two? Upon seeing Aurelia take off after the first frog has Ray also giving pursuit. Her own laughter echoes through the bond. Maybe with the two of them trying they'll actually catch it. At the very least, it'll be fun and a great break.
The soft sound of paws,
In the dead of night?
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
Aurelia’s fluffy tail-tip twists from right to left happily, relieved at Ray’s outstanding support for her Attunement to Safrin. No one else had quite… had this reaction to it. Well, Ronin had come pretty close. But something about this felt genuine and it made her heart beat a little steadier. Thank you, she says, the gratitude practically drenching her voice.

As for anything else new? It makes her hesitate for a moment, her ears lowering for a moment. Hmm… a lot’s new, actually, but.. Less talking! More hunting! Then she perks up, intent on setting them into motion. Once they start, more frogs pop up from the waterworks.

A leopard and a red panda chase after frogs in a rainbow-colored river. It’s a unique sight to behold, so it’s too bad no one’s here to witness it. Well, except them! Water splashes where their paws reach and, time and time again, fall short of their quarry. Eventually, however, Aurelia grows determined and impatient enough that she splashes after the slippery frog with no mind paid to grace or skill.

It makes a dart for it, long legs shooting out behind it, but Aurelia’s paws manage their capture. Her nose dives beneath the surface and, when it resurfaces, there’s a frog hanging limply from between her teeth.

She looks over towards her friend, giving her an encouraging little mental shout, You got it, Ray!
And somewhere down it
we're bound to doubt it
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
Ray
A whisper at night?

Her fellow Attuned's gratitude, made Ray give a feline grin. Though the obvious hesitation to talk made her mildly concerned. Aurelia clearly needed a distraction right now, so Ray didn't try to pry. Alright! And then the frogs scatter, imitating the chase.

Laughing through the Attuned bond, Ray races after the little targets. Her large paws sending up splashes that scare more frogs out of the water and rocks. The sight makes every predatory instinct rush to the surface, and feline eyes narrow in focus. Just as Aurelia calls out encouragingly, prey successfully captured, Ray locks onto a particularly large frog. Giving chase, the cat tears through the water before leaping on top of her quarry. With a quick flash of teeth, Ray holds her head up proudly. A large frog dangling from a very proud cat. I got it! She cheers through the bond.
The soft sound of paws,
In the dead of night?
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
Aurelia appreciates the fact that Ray doesn't question further about what's been going on as of late. She doesn't know if the other Attuned had noticed her shift, but she's glad she isn't pestered about it further right now. At the moment, she's not sure she could handle much more.

Her little triangular ears lift up towards the clouds, her senses honing in on Ray's pursuits. She sends little waves of encouragement silently through the bond thereafter, until the giant cat gets it!

Aurelia's tail lifts up, water showering in its wake, and she coos a happy little red-panda-noise at Ray. With their prey captured, she stamps and splashes her way back to the shore, continuing until her paws find dry ground.

The red panda puzzles over her frog. It's set down by her paws in the grass and she quirks her head at it from side-to-side. So... have you eaten this kind of stuff in your shift before? She asks, the white dots on her brows lifting, Is it... good like this? She's never eaten raw meat and, while she isn't squeamish about this type of thing, she isn't 100% sure.

Experimentally, she sticks her tongue out and licks one of the the frog's legs.
And somewhere down it
we're bound to doubt it
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
Ray
A whisper at night?

Aurelia's hesitation has a rumbling chirp coming from the cat, and laughter through the bond. She too, had been just as hesitant at first. I have. I've never eaten frogs though. Ray sniffs the specimen, pawing at it curiously. It's interesting but in my experience, once you shift, so do your taste buds. If the animal would enjoy eating it, so will you. I've actually lived off of hunting in panther form on some travels. Ray explained, recalling some of her trips out to gather herbs. It was easier to hunt and not have to weighed down with rations.

But even Ray was a bit hesitant about eating the frog. Yet she went for it. Here goes nothing. Ray then bent down and popped the frog into her mouth, chewing slowly as she analyzed the taste. It was weird, the texture a new experience. But not bad. Ray finished her frog with a satisfied chirp. It's actually kind of good? Odd but good.
The soft sound of paws,
In the dead of night?
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
She finds that the taste isn't as vile as she thought it might be. Frogs; they seem kind of gross to eat. The texture was just rubbery, and it... didn't really taste much different than river water on the outside. She finds that her instincts are curiouser and curiouser to know what the inside tastes like. At Ray's explanation, she lifts her head and says, Makes a lot of sense. When I attuned I got a lot of different instincts from the animal, and they get even stronger when I shift. I guess it would only be reasonable to have different tastes as well? Although, most of the time it makes me want to eat leaves.. she chuckles at this. Guess today it's in the mood for some meat.

As soon as Ray decides to go for it, Aurelia follows suit with interest. She doesn't quite eat it as wholly as the leopard does, taking smaller bites and starting with the legs first. She does find that it tastes... kinda good. Oddly good. Agreement melds across the bond, Yeah.. that's how I'd put it too. I think I'd eat it in my natural form. Cooked, though, yeah? She laughs again.

Settling into the grass once she's finished and her belly is full, she snuggles in against the warmth that the sun offers. Even going so far as to roll onto her back and let her paws curl towards her chest and belly.

Hey, Ray? Which god or.. herald do you follow? She asks curiously, since they had been on the subject earlier.
And somewhere down it
we're bound to doubt it
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
Ray
A whisper at night?

Ray chuckled as well. I've become far more fond of medium-rare steak since Attuning. I always loved it, but now? I need it at least once a week. She listened as Aurelia described her future frog-eating plans. I might as well. Maybe with a bit of seasoning. Frog legs are supposedly good in human form, right? We should definetly try it sometime. Ry offers with a small chuckle through the bond. It'd be fun, maybe the two could even catch the frogs in their shifts first. Another little hunting trip.

As Aurelia curls up in the sun, Ray spots another frog within reach. The panther, having a larger stomach, could certainly go for a second. So with, a small pounce, she quickly lands on the little creature. Turning around at the question, Ray gulps down her frog. Ah, Rae actually. They are the one who Attuned me. Though it was more of their voice and presence then them physically being there. Having had her second frog, Ray is ready to lounge in the sun as well. The panther curls up next to her friend so that they can better talk. I have prayed to Safrin before as well, though, I've never received an answer.
The soft sound of paws,
In the dead of night?
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
Aurelia's interest piques at the mention of Rae, one of the Three. She turns back onto her stomach to better look at Ray, grass crumpling as the big cat settles in beside her. I imagine not many people get the chance to talk personally to one of those Gods, she says, though now that it's brought to her attention she does have to wonder what that might be like. To speak to Rae, or even hear their voice. Or Mort or Vi.

Safrin is the only herald or god I've met, she admits, kneading the grass with her claws, but even though she Attuned me, and I follow her, I don't imagine she'll come to me at every request. She hopes this will be comforting, understanding how Ray might've been disappointed not to have been seen by the Herald of Life. It's not as though her own first impression on the goddess was very good, anyway. It could have very easily gone horribly wrong, though she doesn't think saying that will help anything.

Do you want to follow Safrin instead? Is that.. why you wanted to see her? If you don't mind my asking.
And somewhere down it
we're bound to doubt it
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
Ray
A whisper at night?

Ray gave a small chuckle through the bond. No, not many do. As Aurelia recalled her goddess, Ray listened carefully. The big cat was stretched out, enjoying the sun's ray's on her fur. The weather was glorious, perfect for lounging and talking with a friend.

Aurelia's attempt to comfort Ray was misinterpreted. She took it as her friend needing comfort instead. And so she gave a soothing rumble before respond. I've heard that she cares deeply for those she considers hers. I think if you really need her, given that she Attunded you, she'll likely answer.

The question of faith however caught the panther off guard. Stretching slightly, she shook her head. No, but I do respect her. I actually met Seren, Safrin's daughter. When I told her of an issue I was having, she mentioned that her mother might be inclined to help. So I thought that I'd give it a try. I think I'll bring the issue up again with Rae in a few weeks. I have to take care of some commissions first before I can take a few days off and go to the shrine. Ray gave her friend a playful grin. I'm an herbalist, a cat of science. Rae is my deity. There was a little chuckle through the bond at her own joke.
The soft sound of paws,
In the dead of night?