converging storms
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
HOTARU
After seeing Remi, Hotaru knew she could not keep this secret any longer. Visit to Frey be damned, surely he would understand and not bar her from anything so long as she explained what she intended to do. But she needs him. She needs her best friend, and she hasn’t seen him in too long already, trying to hide her growing belly. But with Remi gone and the spa cold and barren once again she needs his support, his grounding nature, and so while she knows he has no station here any longer in an official capacity she is found wandering the hallways of the Barracks. It is still a training ground, and her best bet at finding him.

Whether it’s pregnancy or genera stress that keeps her mind in the clouds, it’s enough to reduce her spatial awareness to the point that when she turns the corner she collided with another body. Gasping, she immediately wraps her arms protectively around her belly, sparks flying up her arms in a defensiveness that only someone born with lightning in their veins could achieve. It is as natural to her as breathing. Realizing she may have shocked or hurt whoever just bumped into her, she releases an arm to push her hair back, and tries to reorient herself. “I’m so sorry, did I hurt you?”
I am a breathtaking mosaic
of all the battles I've won

Table Code by Sky!
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Sah was just heading over to the training grounds for some more practice, lost in thought when he turned a corner and someone ran into him. Before he could react, he felt the familiar sensation of muscles locking from sudden electricity. Gritting his teeth, he rode out the pain. Not even aware that his own lightning was sparking along his skin in defense afterwards.

Letting out a slow breath, Sah took in the woman in front of him. "I'm fine. Been shocked plenty of times. Nothing that minor does more than sting a bit." It was rather funny that even this new body had a slight resistance to the pain. Either that or it really was mind over matter and Sah's mind had experienced surprised shocks many times. After he waved off her apology, he took in her body language. His brow furrowed in concern, eyes now scanning the woman worriedly. "Neverminded me. Did I hurt you two?"
do the stars
shine bright
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
HOTARU
The magic of the person she collides with is similarly meager, perhaps more so with how hers outstrips his own. The contact itself is brief, though she worriedly caresses her stomach all the same. With how many children she has lost, they’ve never been lost in the womb, and she doesn’t want it to happen before she can see Frey. Hotaru is her own worst enemy while she’s pregnant - her own body both a target and a vessel.

The young man is recognizable at least from the games they’d played last season, though they’d never been introduced. “No, no I think we’re fine. Just…overly paranoid,” she laughs weakly, a little embarrassed by her reaction. Only then do his previous words register. “You’ve been shocked often? I didn’t think there were other Shields who wielded lightning.” It’s a relative magical rarity.

Table Code by Sky!
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Sah was relieved to hear that the pair were alright, recognizing her as well. "Are you sure?" He insisted, still feeling guilty for bumping into her, even if his magic had done nothing. At her question, Sah gave a small chuckle, a subtle shrug. "Back in my world, my magic was far more volatile.  Far more powerful then as well. Learning to control it growing up involved years of trial and error. There were times when I would lose control and it would surge so strongly that I would actually be hurt. Mildly, mind you. But enough to build up a mild resistance." Sah explained briefly.

"Oh. And I'm not actually a Shield. I just train here when I can. It's a lot safer to practice on an actual training field then in the town or the tundra." Sah held out a hand. "I'm Sah, nice to meet you. I didn't catch your name during the game."
do the stars
shine bright
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
HOTARU
Her smile is more certain as he presses, perhaps even fond. She had forgotten this part - the fragility, the tenderness others treat her with. It’s something she had missed. Sometimes it was nice to be treated so delicately even if she held power that was nothing to sneer at in her diminutive form. “I’m sure. It’s not my first go around,” she assures, though she’s hardly old. Traveling through portals sort of did that to you, equating ages roughly between forms. Not that she had been very old when she had her first either. Certainly still a child herself.

She listens keenly to what he says, intrigue humming in her throat. “How interesting. I’ve never been harmed by my lightning, even when losing control. Though I also lived in a different world prior to here.” Outlanders the pair of them, which makes their experiences wholly unique and yet incredibly similar from the moment they entered Caido and on.

Hotaru takes his hand, grip firm despite her petite frame. “Hotaru, nice to meet you. Did you come to train your magic or melee?” With the topic of magic at hand it admittedly makes her curious.

Table Code by Sky!
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Sah nodded, the last of his guilt leaving him. It didn't surprise him to learn that the woman was also and Outlander. It certainly explained how instinctual her magic  was. It was fascinating to meet another lightning inclined Outlander. Maybe she'd help him out a bit? "I was planning to practice my magic. I've been doing my best to return to my previous level, but … It's been slow going. Did you also lose strength when you came through to Caido?" It'd be interesting to hear if she too  had suffered the same ailment. Maybe it was the portal's side-effect?

But that brought up another idea and a playful grin came to his face. "I know you've likely been here longer then me, so would you be willing to come with me to the training grounds? Maybe compare our magic? I'll admit I'm curious to see what another Outlander with a lighting affinity can do."
do the stars
shine bright
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
HOTARU
A wry, understanding smile pulls at her lips at his words. "It's an unfortunate consequence of the portals that bring us here, yes. Like starting with a clean slate. But don't worry - it can take some time, but it almost always returns in full. You may even find yourself capable of new magic you didn't have before." She lifts her hand to twist her fingers, and a slight breeze will curl against his cheeks and rustle his hair. Hotaru had only discovered it herself this season, but she knows it will grow stronger with time.

It's a diversion from her initial path, but the idea has appeal regardless. After a moment of consideration that is brief enough to go unnoticed to anyone else, Hotaru smiles and tilts her head gracefully towards the external stone arches. "I'd be happy to. Let's get somewhere with a bit more sky, hm?" Turning, she strides down the pathway, knowing he'd be able to keep up regardless of her speed - she's quite petite, with rather short legs in comparison to most men. When the sky is visible and the cobblestone has given way to snow, she turns and looks at Sah. "What are your current limits?"

Table Code by Sky!
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Sah returned the wry grin. "So I've been told. It's still frustrating but I've been trying to train as much as I can." He paused as the wing picked up, a small look of wonder coming to his face. "That's awesome. I recently developed telekinesis out of nowhere. It's so strange to suddenly have two entirely separate types of magic." The new power was so vastly different from his natural affinity. It had been a shock when it manifested. But Sah enjoyed it nonetheless. Telekinesis had a far wider range of applications then lighting and he was having fun discovering just what he could do.

At her agreement, Sah smiled, following her outside with a a nod. Once they were outside he answered her questions. "Currently I mostly capable of just  small surges. At times I've managed to somewhat control it, or increase it's power somewhat. But never at the same time." He tilted his  head curiously. "What about you? How far have you gotten in regaining your lightning?"
do the stars
shine bright
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
HOTARU
An empathetic glance is spared his way as they walk, smiling wryly. “Patience is the hardest virtue to master certainly. Especially with the tension of our current world.” Striving to be stronger, more prepared, scrambling for security in the face of impending war. “It’s definitely strange, but it means we have more to master endlessly.” Training never stopped, pinnacles were never reached.

The brisk air greets them, and Hotaru tilts her head into it appreciatively. Pregnancy created annoying hot flashes, but those were easily handled when you live in a place like Halo. Listening attentively to his recollection before sharing her own. “I have fully re-mastered it. I can summon and create lightning from nothing at command.” She raises a hand, and lets sparks form in her palm, hairs rising. And then with another surge of magic, a bolt of lightning strikes at the snow and ice a safe distance out in front of them, scorching the earth and creating a boom of impact. “But I understand what you mean by your current level. So you can control and redirect it if I created it?” So saying she moves her hand with the sparks towards him, prompting with a curious expression to see what he can do with it if it is already naturally present.

Table Code by Sky!
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Sah nodded, seeing the wisdom in the other Abandoned's words. The war had put a timer on getting stronger, a pressure to be ready. It was a bit reassuring to hear that the way magic worked in Caio, there was always room for improvement. It made Sah's inner ambition and love of challenges ignite. More to learn, more to master, more to experience. It was exhilarating.

Seeing the lightning approaching, Sah's magic reacts instinctively. Unfortunately his instincts pertained to far stronger magic, which he now lacked. But even so, with the slow approach he was able to mildly direct her lighting away. It wasn't super effective, the result more of a change of angle to prevent it from hitting him instead of full redirection, but it did the trick. The effort though, regardless of how instinctual the first reaction had been, wasn't to scoff at. A small beat of sweat appeared on his face.

Letting out a frustrate sigh, Sah addressed Hotaru. "It's more that I can mildly manipulate it. I can somewhat redirect yours but I doubt I'd be able to redirect an actual lightning strike." The frustration was clear on his face.
do the stars
shine bright
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
HOTARU
The change in direction is obvious enough to her own eyes, keen and well-trained to the arcing nature of lightning. It's a display of power if nothing else, and helps her estimate where exactly Sah is when it comes to reaching his previous levels of mastery with the element. The exertion is clear on his face but all it does is raise him in her esteem.

"I see. You're roughly in the middle ground then, as I recall." Comforting him is not something she feels she can do, not being that type of woman for all her kindness. Certainly were she back in his shoes it would feel like a mockery, a cheap comfort at best when delivered from someone who had surpassed that hurdle. "What I did at that stage was create items to generate natural static electricity that I could then amplify and redirect. Different fabrics, metals. Have you considered that?" Hotaru would at least happily supply him with her own ideas in the meantime. Unfortunately the rest all came down to waiting and re-training, like working out a magical muscle.

Table Code by Sky!
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Sah gave a nod, wiping the sweat from his brow. "Maybe a just bit below that. I feel like I'm on the cusp for some reason? Almost like I'm right on the precipice of a large improvement. It's an odd sensation." Sah couldn't fully explain it, but he didn't feel like he was at that middle ground just yet. Almost though, he could practically taste it.

But Hotaru's idea has him perking up. "That sounds perfect. And if I am right on the edge of this middle ground, that kind of training should push me over till I'm firmly into it." A slightly sheepish smile comes to his face. "Would you be willing to show my your lightning? I'll admit I'm curious to see what mastered lightning looks like in Caido's terms." Sah would love to see what he'd one day have and compare it to what he once had in his world. He hoped they were of relatively equal strength. And he'd seen a glimpse of Hotaru's power when she'd accidently shocked him. He wanted to see what she was truly capable of
do the stars
shine bright
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
HOTARU
The feeling is not foreign to her, and she nods in clear understanding. “You may be on the edge of a breakthrough then. The longer you spend in Caido, it’s as if your body adjusts to the new world, and it comes more easily.” Hotaru would not at all be surprised if, next she saw him, he had broken that barrier to achieve greater control.

A warm almost maternal smile curls her pink lips at his eager agreement. “Perfect. I’d be happy to teach you.” Few others seem to have lightning harnessed to their souls, and it lends a sort of kinship to their encounter.

Still, Hotaru is a woman who likes to show off, and Sah hands her the opportunity on a silver platter. Smile broadening into a sharp, impish grin, Hotaru shakes out her hands to dispel any residual static. “It would be my pleasure,” she assures with a slight laugh in her undertone. Turning to the empty land in front of them she twists a wrist, easy as you please. The sky breaks open overhead, clouds blackening and gathering within a heartbeat, the pressure in the air increasing in almost stifling concentrations. A flick of her fingers, and -

Lightning streaks down in eye-watering arcs of light and heat, impacting against the ground with a snap of sound and thunder that snarls seconds behind it, the earth shattering and spraying at the connection. Bolt after bolt is summoned and directed, scorching the same target and creating a smoking crater as the scent of ozone and electricity fills the air. After a blinding, deafening chorus, she calmly dispels it. And after a few moments as the clouds depart, there is only silence. Turning towards Sah, she gives a dramatic bow - or as much of one as she can manage with her pregnant belly in the way.

Table Code by Sky!
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Sah gives the woman a warm grin. "Thank you, I appreciate it." Any aid in training is reason to be grateful. Especially when it was coming from someone who had already mastered Sah's primary magic.

Raising a brow at how excited Hotaru appears to be to show of her magic, Sah takes a small step back. As the sky cracks open, he doesn't regret it. Watching with wonder and a bit of envy, he admires Hotaru's display. It is reminiscent of what he was once capable of. A different flavor to it, the storm being only lightning. But still reminiscent enough that it fills him with relief and determination. If he keeps working at it, building his endurance and power, he'll regain what he once lost.

At Hotaru's bow, Sah gives her a chuckle and a round of applause. "That's awesome. Knowing that I can get that kind of power back is such a relief." He gives her a warm smile. "Thank you for showing me."
do the stars
shine bright