the earth is a stepping stone
for Sah!
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
Outside of the Citadel, amidst the roaring winds and the plains of ivory, were the only places Deimos found comfort and peace in now. A salvation without prying eyes, a shelter, a sanctuary, made of cold and stillness, where the familiarity of glacial expanses blended into his blood. Here, his shoulders weren’t heavy and his head wasn’t bowed, features turned to the snow, to the ice, to the rime, with semblances of pride. No curious stares, no explanations rendered, no gazes downward upon stone streets or market squares, no spars tucked in corners. He didn’t have to wear his shame in the frigid whims, in the tempestuous eaves, in the glory of beauty and power, majesty and might.

He hadn’t gone to the ceremonial wakes for Frey, to witness the greenhouse come to life. The Sword hadn’t found himself welcome or worthy, and instead, dragged his sled across the region, followed closely by Zuriel, and Belial in the skies above. Hunting would put him at ease too, where it was naught but tactical extremes, potency, and prowess, to ensure the balance in the earth – except he’d also managed to convince Sah to tag along as well. “Last time I saw an ursur, it was over there,” and he nodded, pointing, to the man behind him, along the echoes of the contorting, desolate wind – turning his face into the breeze, a part of its dominion. Where he and Aisha had battled the beast over the knoll.

If anything, they’d be able to come home with fresh meat and furs, and Sah could relish a little more experience under his belt. An arch to his brow indicated fervency, but only when the Abandoned was ready.
He was something solid
to lean against
violent and fierce and unmoving
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3345
Sah

The wind howls
I answer
The call to hunt had been a welcome surprise for Sah. He had been antsy to get back out on the tundra as well. The thrill of a good hunt was exactly what he needed right now. Seren's letter had been a surprise, one that had Sah biting his lip in worry. He hoped she was doing ok, her stress had been obvious. Between that and the looming war, the unaligned Abandoned had been tense. A good hunt was a welcome distraction.

Sah eyed the man next to him. The past few weeks had been hard on Deimos for sure.  Sah was more than willing to help the man out by accompanying him to the tundra. It was the least he could do for all that Deimos had done for him. For all he continued to do for him. And so Sah was content to trek with the soldier, nodding along as he recounted the sighting of an ursur. Hopefully they wouldn't run into one today. Sah wasn't yet ready to tackle such a creature. At least, he didn't think he was.

Sah eye the cold expanse in front of them, eyes scanning their surroundings. "Let's get going. Anything in particular you're looking to hunt?"
The storm rages
I conquer
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
Hunting was a potent distraction – a time he could utilize all his strengths without fault or flaw. Tactical means and calculations, power and menace, allowing every little bit to unfold and breathe and unleash into the world. The benefits in food, furs, and any other filaments for the Citadel were a bonus – there to feed upon the carnivore ambitions, the infernal, incessant wakes of his predator means. But at his inquiry, the beast raised his brow – the lightest of smirks delving into the corner of his mouth – mostly because he presumed Sah wouldn’t want to meet up with an ursur just yet.

There were other animals anyway. While he wouldn’t be picking luxere, due to far too many affinities with them, the other logical choices existed well upon the plains. “We might be able to find some deer or moose.” His eyes went towards the young peryton above, drifting on the breeze, and decided to put him to work. “Belial,” and the antlered creature responded with a welcome bleat, hastening off further along the knolls. By way of explanation, Deimos turned back towards Sah. “He can scout ahead.” And that way, while he dragged the sled along, and Zuriel likely stayed behind, they could prepare.

His gaze went towards the younger man though, head tilting a fraction, eyes narrowing, contemplating restlessness and other factions. “Anything wrong?” Distractions could mean something else entirely when tracking and trekking.
He was something solid
to lean against
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah

The wind howls
I answer
Sah was relieved that Deimos was dropping the ursur idea. Deer or moose sounded good to him. He's been considering taking the many antlers from his hunts and carving them. Maybe they'd be popular for trading? He watched Belial fly with a bit of wonder. The creature was rather beautiful. And they reminded Sah a bit of his previous form. A creature of the forest, of the tundra, given wings. It sent a bit of longing through him but he quickly shook it off.

At Deimos' unexpected inquiry, Sah glanced over with minor surprise. Had he been that obvious? "Just a bit stressed with everything going on. And a friend sent a mildly concerning letter as well. I'm looking forward to diving fully into a hunt and forgetting about it all for just a bit." His eyes softened slightly. "And you? How are you holding up?"
The storm rages
I conquer
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
The spirited beast hastened over little inclines and rises in the ice, glacial wares and expanses from long, long before they’d walked here. Wings spread, the obsidian deer rallied higher and higher in the wind, using his wondrous eyes to track the world around them. Sometimes dipping, sometimes twirling, sometimes conspiring, but more or less occupying his time with turning his head, with spying upon the grounds below. More than once Deimos had to remind Belial what the mission actually was; and then the images would be sent forth.

Eventually, likely more than one hundred yards away, the peryton traced over a herd of reindeer. A massive spread of animals – pickings and choosings not slim by any means. In the span of silence, the Sword relayed the information back to Sah, and permitted Belial to return. “He spotted some reindeer.” Glancing at the sled, really only occupied by a variety of tools for future gutting, he opted to drag it at the very least up the modest hill; and it’d be less of a burden on them when they managed a kill.

While they walked, he listened – brows furrowing lightly, eyes trailing the endless patches of ivory for differences in hues. He gave naught away, stoicism and reticence coinciding amidst one another, and only the plumes of air from his breath curling away. “That is a shame. Is there something that needs to be done about it?” If so, he could always release Sah back towards the Citadel, and carry on by himself.

As for his own emotions? A light snort extended into the wind, and he hoped it would disappear with it too. “Keeping my head down and myself occupied,” with a shrug of his shoulders; because what else was he to do?

Besides plot, of course.
He was something solid
to lean against
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

The wind howls
I answer
Sah gave a nod, determination and eagerness filling him. "Reindeer? Good. What direction?" Sah eyed the tundra around them, already looking for any traces of the animals presence. Broken plants, tracks, trodden upon snow. he gave a small sigh at the inquiry. "Unfortuanly no. There's nothing that can be done. It's something that she has to work though herself. I've done all that I can by replying with my advice." Sah gave a small grimace, frustrated that there was nothing more he could do to help.

Deimos' current plan made the grimace deeper. "Probably a wise course of action." He gave the soldier a knowing look. "Provides ample time to think as well. If you ever need someone to bounce ideas off, my door is open." Sah's eyes returned to the landscape, straining his senses. Something had him looking back at their footsteps in the snow, his senses tingling with an extra awareness.

Sah suddenly froze, something tugging at him stronger now. Sheepishness and excitement that wasn't his own. Sah let out a put upon sigh, tense muscles relaxing as he whipped around. "Really Lilly? Did the words, stay home mean nothing?" There was a muffled little yip, followed by the sound of clumsy paws. And suddenly there was a little silver wolf pup cresting the ridge behind them, tail wagging happily as she ran over to her bonded. Sah glanced down at her with exasperated amusement as she sat down at his feet. "Apparently not." He couldn't resist giving the little pup a scratch behind the ear.
The storm rages
I conquer
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
The Sword pointed forward, dragging the sled along behind. He’d have to ditch it before they became too close, as it would make far too much noise, decent runners or not, if they clambered upon some ice. He had no intentions of derailing anything else; much less hunting, by way of foolishness.

The mention of the letter, and naught else to be done, seemed like the current predicament. Biding time and waiting games, calculations rendered upon another, advice only to be shared, and others to act upon them as they saw fit. So Deimos nodded, withholding another sigh threatening to curl through his lungs, boil through his veins, linger in the threshold of every other frustration. Even Sah’s response to his own portions had some levity, but naught that the Sword would place within or on another. He’d already made enough errors. There was no need to involve the other Abandoned either. “Thank you. Unfortunately I think this is my burden to bear.” Consequences and punishments rendered – but gods damned he refused to bend his head out here. He lifted it back up, eyes searching over the horizon, listening for the shudder of wings signaling Belial’s return.

Except there was another distraction, and he turned his head over his shoulder at the influx of another addition to the party. A cub; clearly wolfish, following and traipsing along with Sah, even if that apparently not been the directions granted. “Congratulations?” He offered, presuming some companionship had been settled beforehand, or Sah had somehow acquired a new pet.
He was something solid
to lean against
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

The wind howls
I answer
Sah nodded, understanding Deimos' hesitation to share to some degree. The hesitance to burden another with one's issues, the drive and pride to handle things by oneself.  They were all reasons that the former canine could identify with. And so he didn't pry or comment further.

Lilly's sudden appearance was certainly a distraction. But one Sah didn't mind too much, disobeyed orders or not. Bending down Sah held the pup at eye level with a mock stern look. Lilly being the cheeky thing she was, simply licked his nose, pulling a chuckle from her bonded. Pulling the pup in till she was tucked safely in his arms, Sah turned his attentions back to Deimos. "Sorry. This is Lilly, my companion. I met her a few weeks while heading home from the Greatwood. She's a good pup." He introduced his little friend, fond pride clear to hear. "I had told her to stay home but we're still working on listening to orders once I'm no longer present to enforce them." Sah explained a bit apologetically.

Sah glacneed at Deimos and Zuriel. "We've already come this far, she could stay with Zuriel and avoid any actually combat or hunting?" Lilly could also learn by observing the hunt. Her tracking skills were already improving steadily under Sah's tutelage. She might be of use on their hunt as well.
The storm rages
I conquer
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Sah seemed to comprehend the implications, and he could remain innocent for another day. Not immersed in the waves of rebellion, in the course of sedition, in the threat of insurrection. It’d be better that way for all of them.

He dragged the sled and listened to the explanations, the impetus for the cub’s appearance – newfound companions, found in the depths of the Greatwood, bonded and hastened to other things besides the thickets and groves. “Understandable,” loosened from his jaws, from his mouth, and he gestured with half a smile, thinking back to Belial’s moments in the snow – screams upon screams, only to find the peryton had been the ningo butcher. At the notions thereafter, his eyes riveted from the youth and back to the unicorn. Zuriel as a babysitter would be far more preferable than Lilly rampaging after a deer and being trampled, kicked in the head, or some other traumatic, devastating injury. The unicorn could heal, but couldn’t absolve death.

“That would be fine,” he nodded and agreed, before Belial coasted back with a welcoming bleat, turning, shifting, and pointing them in the right direction again.
He was something solid
to lean against
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

The wind howls
I answer
Sah gave a relieved nod, glad that the added addition hadn't caused too much of a ruckus. Sah put Lilly on the ground next to Zuriel, crouching down until the bonded pair were eye level. "Ok pup. You stick beside Zuriel here. Do not interfere with the hunt. You are here to observe and learn. You may help track, but that is all. Stick close, be safe, and listen to my orders." Sah quickly explained, getting a rather severe nod of the head from the pup. Giving a small nod in return, Sah stood up. "If she gives you any trouble, let me know, ok?" He asked the unicorn. "Thank you."

Lilly secured, Sah finally turned back to Deimos. Eyeing Belial, he began to walk in the direction of their quarry. "Let's go get some reindeer." And so the hunt finally began.
The storm rages
I conquer
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Zuriel’s eyes narrowed – she’d been enough of a babysitter to the monolith, and now she apparently had a cub to entertain and watch over. There was an idle huff in between that the Sword simply chose to ignore; figuring the haughty attitude would diminish, and if Sah couldn’t control his companion, then some other life lessons would have to be in order. The mare moved on, following her bonded, with only the slightest glance down at the youth. A snort ensued towards the other Abandoned, and then she contributed to her part.

Belial led them onward, a hovering little shadow as they maneuvered along the icy plains. Eventually, beyond a cluster of rocks and boulders jettisoning from the rest of the flattened exterior, was the herd. The peryton dove back down and joined the group – Deimos leaving his sled, Zuriel, and Lilly there, while he motioned towards Sah to come glance around the stones.

There were multitudes – large, small, young, old, capable, strong, fit, weak, and infirm. “Take a look,” he insisted – and if Sah’s wolfish past was anything to go by, he’d be able to pick out which they could take down easily, efficiently. The Sword had already designated a few prime targets, especially one close by that appeared to be ancient, judging by it meek movements and aged coat. “Which do you want to go after?”
He was something solid
to lean against
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Sah noticed the unicorn's clear displeasure and winced internally. The good thing was, with Sah present, Lilly would behave. It was mostly for Sah's peace of mind that there was another pair of eyes on his pup. With things covered at the sled, he was able to fully focus on the hunt at hand. Following Deimos to the stones, Sah peered down at the herd.

One brow raised at the large numbers. It seemed the season had been good for them, plenty of food and plenty of healthy births. It was good that the two hunters were there, the herd needed to be culled before it got out of hand. Scanning the herd, Sah's eyes narrowed, easily picking out the best targets.

"The elder close to us with the scarred hip." Sah noted, nodding towards the Deimos had had his eyes on. The scar revealed as the animal turned, likely yet another part of why it's mobility was minimized. Sah made a small humming noise. "There's also a blind stag, a young one." He noted, eying a younger animal that seemed to only just be getting its horns who was bumping into a few of the others. Too young to have fully figured out walking around blind. "The elder will be easiest." His tone held a hint of sympathy for the animal, he too had a scar like that. Though his didn't limit mobility thankfully. Sah had been lucky.
do the stars
shine bright
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Deimos, of course, was flanked with an assortment of scars. Many outward, below the furs and coats, pressed across the surface of his flesh in ivory reminders of every assault and onslaught faced. Every maneuver rendered. Every war brandished. Every comrade protected. There were the inward ones too, marked upon his soul, cut and slashed and torn to figments and frayed ends. But he could bear those – and did so every day. It was different for the wild animals, with detrimental injuries, with no one to heal them. Untamed and feral and with some scope for saving, but only the fortunate.

The elder had clearly notched enough time on earth, and they’d treat him with respect, use every portion of his hide, meat, and bone, so his sacrifice wasn’t in vain. “I agree,” he concluded thereafter, eyes segmenting over the other named. The little youth, bumbling around, due for some other kind of tragic or traumatic end. “We will try with the elder first,” and if all else failed, they could go for the blind one – he figured it wouldn’t hasten in a grand escape.

Another set of whispers, pondering over the best method. “I can shift and drive them towards you.” It would be an excellent way to practice the Abandoned’s control and precision as well. He tilted his head, waiting for agreement or an alteration of plans.
He was something solid
to lean against
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Sah nodded, running an eye over the area once more. "Sounds good." It looked like all factors were accounted for, and Deimos' plan was solid enough. There was just one thing. If the herd was driven to Sah, those not cut down would head vaguely towards the sled. Now normally, that'd be fine, but Sah was still feeling overprotective of his newly bonded pup. Sah finally had a pack again, however small, and he would not take any unnecessary risks.

"I'll move to that ledge there. Drive them that way?" He offered, gesturing towards a small outcropping not far off to the right. It would provide plenty of cover for the Abandoned, as well as drive the herd away from the sled.
do the stars
shine bright