Meandering magic
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3345
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Sah and Lilly were making their way through the peepholes, still on their trek back to Halo. Lilly stayed close to Sah's side, occasionally moving out to sniff at some of the offerings, but never touching them. Her bonded had been clear that that was not allowed. Sah kept a close eye on his pup, but was also monitoring their surroundings. The numerous openings in the ground were nerve-wracking. Clearly something had dug them. And clearly something was still there given that the offerings regularly vanished.

And so, out of caution, Sah was leaving an offering of his own at every hole as they went. For some he'd take a slice of the bread that had brought as rations, for others, a particularly interesting trinket they found on the walk that wasn't part of an already presented offering. All of these items, Sah placed using his telekinesis. There was no way he was going to get closer then that.
do the stars
shine bright
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
How come silence is so loud in the shadows?
I wanna scream 'til it's on
It's not uncommon for Aurelia to take hikes through the Oerwoud. It reminds her of home, and in a way it's weird that that's comforting at all. She's glad to be out of that hellscape. Still, there are things about it she misses. So feeling like she's closer to it gives her some peace of mind - and the solidarity allows her room to breathe, to think.

The peepholes have proven to be a bit of a mystery to her. She hasn't been here very much, though she's heard the mythos surrounding the area. The curiosity keeps her around today, hoping she'll be able to see what leaves or takes the offerings. Instead of being on the ground, she's taken to the lower branches of thick vines and shrubs above. She sits currently on the edge of a boulder. From this sentry post, she's been watching and waiting for quite a while.

The man that appears, appears more boyish than manly, with youthful features. At first, Aurelia only tenses and watches him closely as he wanders through. It becomes apparent to her that this isn't someone from around here, and as she sees him start to mess with the offerings left on the ground, irritation spikes up in her throat. She shifts from where she's sitting, the hood of her cloak casting a deeper shadow across her face.

Summoning her magic, she hurls a fireball at him, aiming for his feet so that it'll singe and the flames will bite - but not enough to actually hurt him. More of a warning shot, really. "Hey!" She immediately snaps out from atop the boulder, "Get a move on!" She keeps her magic going strong but, this time she holds the flame within her hand, letting it remain more of a threat - for now.
Tell my feet they should run
but they don't follow
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Sah whipped around and snarled the second there was fire at his feet. The slight singing only invoking his anger. Activating his telekinesis before he even processes who the voice belong to, he sends some of the small rocks that littered the ground flying toward the voice. Eyes narrowed he finally took in the stranger. Sah remained staring at  woman and her flame as Lilly bounded over and stood beside her bonded. The small pup's fur fluffed up and a surprisingly deep growl rumbled out of her throat. "You could have said something first instead of shooting fire." Sah growled out.

Reacting to his emotions, sparks begin to travel along his body, his lightning active and ready. If this woman posed a threat to himself, to Lilly, Sah wouldn't go down without a fight.
do the stars
shine bright
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Aurelia
Rocks levitate and come flying in her direction, spraying her in a shower of gravel. Several of them hit her face, grazing across her cheeks and leaving little stinging marks. But she remains steadfast, perched where she is, and glares down at him as he practically growls out his words.

"It was a warning, but the next one won't be," she retorts, eyeing the lightning that ripples across his skin. That, she doesn't like at all, and it alights a fight or flight instinct that she manages to shove down. She would prefer not to get electrocuted again. At the same time, there's something about it that makes her want to fight him, to overcome that fear.

"I've been waiting all day to see what comes down here, and you show up just to start fiddling with things that have nothing to do with you," she points out, more aggravated than actively enraged, "where do you even come from?" Her eyes narrow as they scan his body, as well as his little pup companion. She's never seen this guy before.
but they don't follow
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Sah bared his teeth, another snarl slipping out. "Warning shots aren't supposed to hit, even if it's just a graze." He stated, knowing full well the implications of his own actions. "And before you call hypocrisy, I was defending myself." Sah wasn't looking for a fight but this woman's attitude grated on his nerves immensely. He was about to say something else when Lilly took a step forward, attempting to be intimidating. But a 3 month old pup with too big feat is clumsy in such a place, and she tripped over with a yelp of surprise. Giving a little roll the pup ended up on her back looking shocked.

Sah blinked before a snort of laughter broke from him. He had to turn away to cover his laughter when Lilly jumped to her feet, scowling with indignation. He bent down to give the embarrassed pup an ear ruffle. "Yes, yes, you are a very intimidating wolf."  

Still chucking, Sah stood and glanced at the woman, his lightning no longer active. "What comes down here worth waiting for?" He asked cautiously, giving a glance to their surroundings. "And we're from Halo. You?" His body language no longer spoke of possible violence, only caution toward the stranger.
do the stars
shine bright
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
She merely shrugs. "I'll remember that next time," she offers impartially. Whether that's supposed to be an apology or... what, well, that's up to his interpretation.

Then, his pup takes a few steps forward, its hairs all raised up and its lips curled. Aurelia wouldn't take much offense, given it's just a pup - it's not really much of a threat. What's it gonna do, bite her ankles? Even so, it goes tumbling head over paws and Aurelia can't help but smirk down at it, scoffing softly.

The slight smile disappears as Sah returns her question with another one. "Don't know, nobody does - that's the whole reason why I'm here. I was trying to find out, then you came along," she frowns and her browline lowers over her gaze. This look only darkens and seems to sharpen with suspicion when he says he's from Halo. Suddenly she feels much less inclined to tell him anything. She jumps down from the boulder (which isn't super tall btw) and lands on her feet with a loud thud.

The hood of her cloak is pulled down and she regards him with her own caution now. "What are you doing all the way out here, if you're from Halo?"
but they don't follow
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Sah has to resist rolling his eyes at the response. He hums in contemplation at her apparent goal and the sudden increased tension at the mention of Halo. "Well, sorry for disturbing your plan." He states emotionlessly, covering his annoyance and suspicion of the stranger. The idea of there being something unknown here also had his hackles raising and sweeping their surroundings with a critical eye once more.

As for her abhorrence of Halo, Sah's brow furrowed but he didn't comment. There was enough tension in the air and he wasn't about to start a fight over something as small as a dislike for his home. Sah didn't really want to answer her question though given her behavior. Logic dictated that he might have to, to prevent violence, and so he let out a heavy sigh. "We're heading home from the Greatwood. Had to visit someone there." He explained briefly with a raised brow, almost challenging her to comment.
do the stars
shine bright
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
She narrows her eyes at him, at the way his tone becomes devoid of his previous emotions, the way his brows furrow as he seems to mull something over in his head. Options, perhaps. Is he wondering if he should put up a fight or not? This thought has Aurelia's instinctual urges flaring up a bit, to reignite the flame within and use it before he has a chance to strike.

But she makes no move, instead giving him the chance to respond. Tensions are high. Walking out of your front door? Lately, that alone has been risky business. Even just where a person's from might soon draw dividing lines. The bottom line is Aurelia doesn't know anything for sure about what it will be like when the war does eventually happen, but she knows she can't let her guard down now that it feels so close.

His explanation is taken, absorbed, and questioned further. "Who did you have to see in the Greatwood?" She asks, still suspicious, still not really caring if he doesn't like it. Get used to it, she wants to say; trust ain't gonna come easily for much longer.

"Do you know anyone named Deimos? Or Hotaru?" She asks suddenly, whether he's answered her previous question in the time she gave him.
but they don't follow
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Sah eyes the stranger with a stoic look. "You keep asking questions to see if I'm a threat, yet you've done nothing to prove you yourself aren't one. How about question for question?" He offers, adrenaline pumping in his veins. As a show of good faith, he went ahead and answered her questions. "I went and saw Vervain for advice on adjusting to Caido." Sah explained briefly before narrowing his eyes at Aurelia. "Yes I know both. I've met Hotaru once during a training session at the barracks. I've gone hunting with Deimos a few times. What of it?"

And even if she refused his offer, he still sent his questions along. "Who are you? And will you just back the fuck up and let me and my companion go home?" Sah's stoic look being replaced by one of irritation. "I didn't come here for a fight."
do the stars
shine bright
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
He suggests a question for a question. Aurelia looks him up and down for a moment, considering it. He goes on to answer the questions she's asked of him, and he seems... to be answering them honestly. There's not a reluctance to talk about Deimos or Hotaru. There is reluctance as far as Aurelia herself is concerned, and she quickly realizes that he's probably just some guy trying to mind his own business.

The look in her eyes shifts suddenly and her stance relaxes. She even takes a step back, when he prompts her about letting them leave. "I'm not here to fight, either, but... some people are," she gives him a pointed look then, "Sorry. Guess we got off on kind of the wrong foot." She shrugs off the tension in her muscles.

"As for who I am, my name is Aurelia Murlow. I'm the Arbiter of Torchline, it's.. not far from here, not sure if you've ever been?" Her brow arches slightly at him, trying to gauge his response to that question. "It was attacked recently by people from Halo, so... that's why when you said that.." She splays her palms, hoping that will be enough of an explanation. Though, to his credit, she'd still be irritated if she were him, so she won't blame him if he decides to up and walk away. Nor will she stop him. That would be a bit over-the-top, even for her.
but they don't follow
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
The tension bleeds out of Sah slowly, though he does still eye the stranger warily. Her introduction does soothe him somewhat but it brings up even more questions. More concerns that have him furrowing his brows. "Aurelia, huh? I'm Sah, that's Lilly." He nodded toward the wolf pup who was circling around the two of them with caution. "I've never been to Torchline. It sounds too hot." Sah stated simply, still hesitant to give too much information.

But her next statement had his hackles raising again. "You were attacked? By who?" A sinking feeling fills him. "You asked about Deimos and Hotaru, was it them?" He'd heard distant rumors about a building being burnt, but Sah hadn't heard about any physical conflicts.
do the stars
shine bright
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
His wariness is respectable, and Aurelia only hopes that he can understand her own once she offers him an explanation. Brief and vague as it is, he seems to connect the dots himself. As for not having ever been to Torchline, he seems truthful. To his credit, Torchline is really fuckin’ hot. Even Aurelia can hardly stand it at times.

Lilly, as she circles around behind Aurelia’s feet, is left entirely alone to do her wolfy thing.

Aurelia's brows lift. “The… They attacked a building in Torchline. I attempted to put a stop to it and they.. Hotaru retaliated. She attempted to kill me after I killed her companion.” In case her words are not proof enough, she pulls up one of her baggy sleeves to show him the swathes of scars on her arms, a result of Hotaru’s own lightning magic.

“So… forgive me if I seem... on edge,” she adds, letting her sleeve fall back down once he’s looked. She understands the weight of her words is fairly heavy, and if Sah is any kind of loyalist, he may very well turn on her for killing Hotaru’s companion. But Aurelia hasn’t forgotten, in all this chaos, that Hotaru brought it upon herself.

Was it cutthroat? Well... that’s Torchline, baby.
but they don't follow
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Sah's eyes widened, instinctively checking on his own companion. Lilly was happily frolicking around and sniffing everything. He couldn't imagine losing her. But at the same time, Sah knew war. Conflict, tactics, and compromised morals. He'd seen it all. So even though he acknowledge that killing someone's companion was horrific, he didn't retaliate.  Maybe that made him a bad citizen of Halo. But Sah was an Outlander, and that would never change.

Instead of attacking, he sighed, taking in the damage to Aurelia's arms. "Killing a companion... I'm hoping that it was necessary and simply not a tactical first-choice." Sah shook his head solemnly, he really hoped. "But I wasn't there nor do I know you personally enough to judge. And from what I heard, the attack on the building, although an empty one, was unprovoked." He paused, head tilting. "It belonged to a guild, yes? Do you know why that guild seemed so much of a threat to trigger that? What about the organization made them seem that much of an obstacle to whatever they have planed?"

Although Sah respected Deimos, he didn't approve of the choice that the Sword had made. He still respected the man, was grateful to him even, but Sah was his own person. He was loyal yes, but not blindingly.
do the stars
shine bright
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
Her expression remains gritted, though mostly-neutral, against his initial reaction to her statement. She doesn't quite know how to answer that first part. Was it necessary? No. Is tactically a bad way to make choices? No. But was it tactical? Also... no.

"The Slagveld is never empty on its own. They forced people to evacuate the building before they tried to destroy it, and perhaps they think that makes it okay," her gaze narrows and she glances away, her jaw rolling to contain her frustration and maintain her collected demeanor, "but it doesn't. Personal belongings, belongings that were important to people, were within that building. They destroyed city property as well as personal." The lantern Sunjata made for someone whom had died in his past, and all of the personal belongings that Adam had lost.

She nods. "Yes... the Governor's guild, in fact. There was no reason the guild could be deemed a threat. Not at this point in time. It's been repurposed from its original intent - and more-or-less.. quiet. Hotaru was a member. Which means that her actions were a betrayal against the guild itself." That, she adds with a bit of emphasis and a lift of her browline. One does not simply get away with betraying their own guild. "The reason they attacked the Slagveld was altogether personal. An attack made against Sunjata, we believe. It adds up, considering that Deimos has threatened him before. Said that if he hurt Hotaru, he would kill him. And... well, not long after Hotaru and Sunjata split up... Deimos and Hotaru burn his very own building down."

And gave themselves completely, utterly, irrevocably away. There isn't a whole lot to detective about. The truth is plain and clear, to Aurelia, especially now that she's received so much confirmation of things she either had hunches about or... well, things that enlightened her already educated guesses.

"I will say... my attack against her companion was neither necessary nor tactical," she says, pointing out, "it was a consequence that I deemed appropriate. I'm not afraid to knock someone down off their high horse. They came into my city, thinking they were invincible, that they could act on a whim. Well, they had another thing coming."
but they don't follow