unburned and alive
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
And in your darkest hour,
I hold secrets flame
Changes and alterations in proportions meant he had time to experiment and explore on venues he’d be unlikely to once ramble within. But the Sword wanted it without the mountains, without the backdrop of prying eyes or sneering features, and so after his ventures with Oliver, he opted for preambles and preludes into the Greatwood.

Belial beckoned close and fast, while Zuriel meandered behind. The peryton had never been immersed within the wood, and the unicorn knew it well from years, cycles, and seasons before, when sometimes pressing their feet into the forest floor was all they’d known beyond the barrier. For now though, Deimos kept his eyes on the ground, rather than the air, or the winding pathways. Now was a time he craved existences of those like D’art or Zikar-Sin, who knew their way around his inquiries and intervals, and would’ve done so without question, without fail.

Instead, he might be left to his own devices, and these weren’t battlefield measures. They were dastardly and covert; no swinging of a blade, no flaring of fire. A lack of education, on the layers built between bile, vitriol, and venom.

So they walked, deeper and deeper, until he crouched beside brambles and nettles of unknown herbs, perplexed, nose wrinkled, lacking in the knowledge necessary to identify, to know exactly what he craved.
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
There are no incurable diseases

Ray had made an impromptu trip to the Greatwood. While stocking up on her necessary supplies, she'd run low on one found nearby. Although she could have waited for the next shipment, she found herself to hand-pick these herbs. They were more delicate then most and would likely be destroyed in transit by unprofessional hands.

And so Ray found herself walking along a path in the Wildwood, eyes sweeping the ground for the telltale leaves. She was looking for a particular type of basil that aided in blood pressure. With how stressed everyone had been lately, Ray had been going through her stock quickly. It was as the herbalist was turning a bend that she saw a figure. Now at first she was wary, but then she noticed what the man was crouched over. Eyes going wide with alarm, she raced over. "Stop! Step back! Don't touch that plant!" The man was crouched over a type of stinging nettle called gympie, a plant dangerous to even touch.
Only the lack of will
Ray
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
In one haphazard glance, with no motions to guide him other than staring, the void took a sudden turn. Belial flickered and buzzed around the grove, Zuriel openly snorted, and Deimos heard the voice. Quickly, swiftly, especially for a man of his size, the Sword rose to his full height, and backed away from the supposed warning. Eyes widened, rounded, perhaps in shock for not hearing the other form coming, too absorbed in curiosity or confusion, he took several more steps away. “My apologies,” rumbled in between the thicket and pathway, bewilderment ebbing and flowing for something else.

Recognition, perhaps, as his eyes glanced back her way. But he didn’t give credit to it yet, remarking first upon the plant in question. “Is it dangerous?” Uncertain, brow quirking upward while his companions recovered from the onslaught of surprise. Anyting with thorns never bothered him; contorted inwardly on them himself.
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Ray Lunarium

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

Seeing the man back up was a relief and Ray slowed her pace. She walked over to the man, hand on her knees to catch her breath. She had sprinted like her life depended on it. Once she caught her self she waved off his apology. "You're good. I'm just glad you didn't touch it. You didn't did you?" Her eyes ran over him worriedly.

Seeing no apparent sign of injury, she answered his question. "Yes, it's very dangerous. It's a type of stinging nettle called gympie. It's a variety that has a potent neurotoxin in it. It attacks your nerves and causes excruciating pain for days, sometimes even lasting months. It's even killed people before." Ray explained swiftly. Calming down she then recognized the man. "Oh. Deimos right? From doll-making? Nice to see you again. I'm Ray. Remember me?"
Only the lack of will
Ray
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
It had been a long while since Deimos had felt such bountiful waves of ignorance – probably not since landing in Caido, amidst the complete, utter unknown, or when he was a youth, swinging his wooden blade for the first time. But he took the knowledge for what it was worth, eyes scanning over the greenery, the stem, the adornments, intending to memorize the patternwork so he didn’t find the need to reel back from it any longer. Merely avoid its lethality.

He showed her his hands – still calloused and scarred, but with no remnants of touching the leaves or fibers. Thereafter, he listened to the description, the details, the neurotoxins; ways of attacking and assaulting, sieging and maiming, in an entirely different way from the usual straightforward, blunt force. A soldier could stab, lacerate, and undue within a startling amount of time – but so could poison. “I will use caution then. Thank you.” For the warning and the information, still studying and scrutinizing the plant. “Are there antidotes for such a thing?” Or would it be a matter of healing by incantations? By unicorns? Zuriel snorted from behind him, Belial hovering and peeking over his shoulder.

But the bounty of recognition cycled back through at her name and reintroduction. Ludo dolls, an expanse on more education he’d been unaware of – another year chased down and fumbled. “The herbalist.” He nodded, permitted the barest decree of a smile. “What brings you out this way?”
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Ray Lunarium

Change author:

Ray nodded, examining his hands until she was sure he was ok. Relieved, she relaxed. "The lethal cases are when people end up having an allergic reaction. Most other people are in just a hell of a lot of pain thankfully. But the main thing to do for your typical case is to remove the fine hairs with tweezers or something sticky like wax. You want to get them out without jostling them too much. The deeper they go into the skin, the more painful and harder they are to remove." Ray gave the plant a wary look, as if expecting it to attack.

Ray was pleased that he remembered her. "I'm out collecting herbs. Specifically a type of basil, but anything else of use." Her voice grew grim. "I'm trying to stock up on everything an anything before the war fully breaks out." Determination flashed in her eyes. "I don't want to let someone die just because I didn't have enough of a vital plant."
Only the lack of will
Ray
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
The Sword had always been a good listener. In part, it was to absorb information, for one never knew when they’d need the calculations, and another merely to permit others to speak, to fill in the silence, to share their multitudes, without him interfering. He’d never been a beast who yearned to hear himself talk; placing more meaning into his segments, phrases, and syllables. Ray had an aptitude of sagacity that made him want to take notes – for he’d had little idea over the variety of plants and their detrimental scores – save for anything D’art used to come up with (and Deimos would look away; at some portions not wanting to be involved in the poisoner’s upcoming mess). “Hm,” he muttered, piercing eyes back upon the plant. “So once they are removed, the pain subsides?” Or at least, started to mend and heal on its own. He sneered at it, giving the leaves and nettles another wide berth.

Herb collecting made sense; and given recent discussions, upcoming battles on the horizon, the meaning was clear. “Sounds like we have similar motives, though you have far more knowledge than I.” In obvious bout, soldier through and through; but he permitted a smile to touch the corners of his mouth. But he melded further, onto his own explanations. “I am aware I can create certain elixirs given my magic,” and here he paused, tilting his head, studious, “but I do not know enough to make them properly.”
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Ray Lunarium

Change author:

Ray gave a small shrug. "Somewhat. It mostly prevents worsening pain. The pain won't stop just because you remove the spines. The neurotoxin would have already been injected." She explained as concisely as she could. Ray had found that long drawn out explanations seldom got the point across for those unfamiliar with herbs.

Ray was mildly surprised that he admitted her expertise in the area but didn't outwardly comment. But the concept of being able to use one's magic to create elixirs was fascinating. "That sounds incredibly useful if the knowledge is there. But you'll still likely have to do some prep work on ingredients before combining them." She regarded Deimos for a moment, sizing up his hinted at motives and intentions. "If you want I can give you a hand? Granted, if you're planning on making a weapon, just give me a bit of context. So I don't get caught off guard later." She smirked. "The last thing I want is my own knowledge and work being used against me."
Only the lack of will
Ray
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
Ah, so once the plant had struck, the nettles still tore, still anguished, because of the notions already embedded within skin, flesh, and bone. It wasn’t unlike some weapons in a way; certain arrows notched accordingly so they once they hit an adversary, they stuck fast and hard, incapable of being pulled out and away, ensuring death but perhaps in a slower, more laborious way. “I see,” he added with a nod, grateful for the explanation, but having no real need or want to pursue it. There were other measures stirring within his skull.

Wandering further down the path, keeping his eyes to the ground rather than along canopies or groves, the Sword listened gratefully. “I would appreciate it,” a minute smile lodged itself upon his features. “If I can make adequate ones, I will give you some as well.” A fair trade and bargain, even in her insinuations caused a light chuckle. “For hunting, mostly, but with war coming, anything can be utilized.” Particular armaments dipped and tipped in poisons with detrimental effects could turn tides, as well as slow down massive beasts (like frost giants and ursurs – though he’d never seen the former). Punctures and pictures of other seditious, potential acts. “What do you know about sleeping potions?”
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
Ray
Every breath,
is a giveaway dance
Ray nodded in agreement of his proposed trade. "Deal." It was a fair enough offer. As for the possible uses and purposes that Deimos outlined, they seemed reasonable enough. Even though the talk of war was far too open-ended. Ray was a woman who kept the secrets of all manner of characters. So even though she caught the slight subtext, it didn't bother her. He'd agreed to her terms and that was enough for the information broker in her.

Ray had almost been expecting inquires about poisons and other forms of lethality. To hear him ask about sleeping potions was a surprise, but not an unwelcome one. They were certainly useful in war if one did not wish to kill their enemy. "I can actually. There are numerous plants that can be used for sleeping potions and draughts of varying strength. It depends on your goal as to which plants and how much." Ray noted. "Are you looking to calm someone, make them tired, or knock them the fuck out for a few hours?"
between you and the plants
-Susan Weed
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
With the deal made and solidified, the beast conjured another light smile. Even with the discussion potentially turning into something dark and perilous, the Sword remained wholly unbothered. A warrior’s tactics might have been for quick bludgeoning, swift movements, quick measures, but there was something to be said for the refinement in herbs and plants – for a more covert operation, when the rapid volleys and barrages weren’t suitable. Nor would he ever deign to limit himself to only one way of assaults and sieges. He presumed the herbalist would do the same; always more to learn in the world.

Poisons could always come later.

He listened, an evident tilt to his head, Belial and Zuriel occupied by other things (the peryton had found a bug, Zuriel several leaves she knew not to be toxic). The array of differences gave him the slightest pause, only in modicums and trains of thought – leaning heavily on the latter, by the end of the machinations. “Knock them out.”
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
Trigger Warning 
Ray
A panther in the night,
A fire burning bright
Ray smiled mischievously, one brow raised. "Alright then. This'll be fun."  She removed her bag and pulled out a few empty vials, each about the size of a finger.  She also pulled out her sketchbook and began to draw. "So the main ingredient is poppy actually You know the plant with the beautiful red flowers? This one?" Ray turned her sketchbook towards Deimos, depicting a basic diagram of a poppy plant and flower. "We're going after the seed pods, the buds. If you make an incision in one, a sap comes out. That's what we're collecting."

Ray then jotted down a basic recipe of ingredients, handing it to Deimos. "We'll then mix the sap with honey, water, and  lemon zest. The end result will be basically a soothing tea. A tea that will knock them out for a few hours." She explained but then her expression grew grim. "We need to be careful. I know you don't want to give me details, but you'll need to give me basics such as he age and approximate weight of your targets. If we put too much in the tea, it could kill them. Giving me some basic info will make sure that we only put enough to make them sleep for a bit and then wake up groggy later."
the only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existance becomes an act of rebellion
-Albert Camus
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
Perhaps he should’ve attended D’art’s lectures and demonstrations – given the sudden amount of information bombarding his way. With the lightest of grins, he coincided by creating several parchments of paper and charcoal into his hands, already taking notes. His eyes went towards her sketchbook, nodding slowly while he copied over the details of the flower; certain he’d likely seen the plant before. Seed pods. Buds. Sap within the proportions itself.

He took hold of the ingredients, copying those down as well, feeling like he was back in his mother’s scholarly routines (and only occasionally staring out the window to watch training fights and skirmishes). The Sword paid attention thoroughly, pondering over the proportions of tea, water, and lemon zest – seemingly to mask everything else. Soothing, placating.

His eyes only briefly widened at her warning; there was no intention of killing in these ramparts and conditions. “Understandable.” The beast took another sheet of paper, calculating and weighing out ages, measurements, and held it out for Ray to take. Questions meandered through though, already puzzling proportions, details, out in his skull. “And they will have no other side effects?” Other than the grogginess? “How often can it be given?”
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
Trigger Warning 
Ray
A panther in the night,
A fire burning bright
Ray was pleasantly surprised when Deimos started taking notes and copying her diagrams. It soothed her conscience a bit to know that he was taking  this seriously. Taking her warnings seriously. She took his offered sheet of calculations, giving it a thorough look over. Taking her pencil she wrote down the lowest effective dosage for each. The less they used, the better.

"Looks good." She noted before turning another serious look towards the Sword. "This stuff can become addictive, easily. You need to give the lowest effective dosage. I've written it down, including how many times max you can give each individual a dosage. And how far in-between. But do your best to restrict it to one dose per person. Three is the absolute, absolute max. And never more than one dose a day. NEVER.  Otherwise they'll be at high risk for addiction. This stuff is potent."

She paused for a moment, giving him a chance to write down what he needed before continuing on. "This stuff is also a painkiller so they'll likely have some of those typical side effects besides grogginess." Ray's eyes narrowed. "If other symptoms occur, they're at an incredibly high risk of addiction. Possibly already on that route. Those symptoms are things such as mood swings, depression, euphoria, confusion, nausea, etc.. And anything else out of the ordinary. If this happens, you will NOT give them any more doses and you Will bring them to me. And I Will kick your ass if you don't." Ray knew she likely wouldn't be physically able to do so, but she sure as hell would try.

Ray was doing her best to ensure he understood how volatile this substance was. How making a potion as effective as he needed had serious risks. She wanted Deimos to understand and be responsible with this, no matter what his goals were.
the only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existance becomes an act of rebellion
-Albert Camus