Training before I throw my heart back on the floor
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 14 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
i feel smal, but so are stars from a distance
Tobi has never in her life been anything that even resembles fat. With a quick metabolism, terrible eating habits, and a career that keeps her constantly on her feet, her weight has never been anything she's had to worry about or concern herself with. Baby-aside, it's..admittedly, only Finn that has had her doing double-takes in the mirror, frowning at the baby-weight that clings to her hips and belly, protecting a life that's no longer inside of her.

So with Finn dozing away with Ever, Tobi has snuck out to find one of the few people who 1. knows how to get in shape, and 2. won't judge her for her clumsiness. No, she's patched up too many of Ronin's injuries sustained in really embarrassing ways for the Star to be throwing stones.

"...Ronin? Ready?" She calls, glancing around the training arena with a bit of a skeptical frown.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
there will be scrapes and sutures; viciousness and victory
"Ready!"

Ronin heads out of a small equipment shed (for lack of a better word), a few long strips of something in his hands. The Star is, as always in the Dragon's Nest, dressed to train, and he offers out two of the strips to Tobi. She will find that they are wrist wraps, but padded with pockets of fine sand to weight them.

"We won't be doing any acrobatics, but this will really make your muscles work even if we're only going through basics." He smiles to her, fastening his own even though they feel like nothing at this point. It helps to play equally.

"Alright, you throw a punch first - show me what you've got."
RONIN
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
'Uhh..' Tobi is in sweatpants and a tanktop, and as she holds up the strips of cloth, her head tilts to the side. "Is this...sorry, what do I do?" Her doctorly-instincts have her wanting to wrap a wound with the cloth. But not having sustained anything yet, she's just left looking confused and entirely out of place. "Oh." Watching Ronin wrap the cloth around his hands, Tobi follows along. She likely spends far too long on it, but eventually, she thinks she has the hang of it.

'I feel like you're setting me up.' The doctor complains as she squares off against Ronin. Looking at his nose, cheek, and chest, Tobi seems to be weighing where hitting him will do the least amount of damage. Of course that's rather brazenly assuming that she will hit him.

"HiiiiiiiYA!" Throwing a wobbly and uncoordinated punch toward Ronin's right pectoral muscle, Tobi feels the muscles of her shoulder straining with the effort even before she's close to hitting him.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Well obviously I'm setting you up. I want to see what you can do, and I can't do that without a set up." Ronin beams at her, settling in his stance and waiting patiently for her to make her move. And when she does - with a mighty sound effect - he can't help the laugh that scoffs out. Of course, Ronin had always been intending to let the blow hit, having braced himself defensively against it; and so it hits him square on, thocking into the muscle - though of course the Star doesn't move at all.

"Not bad," he says with a nod, straightening up and stepping forward to gently fix her posture. "Try to resist shouting though - it's a waste of energy." Grinning, he steps back again and taps the place she'd previously hit. "Again - this time swing your whole arm into it."
RONIN
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
'OWww!' Tobi pulls her hand back, shaking it as pain warbles through her knuckles and up into her wrist. "Gods, I forgot how hard you are." She complains, reaching forward to poke at Ronin's chest with a playful scowl.

'You're a waste of energy.' The doctor mumbles under her breath. Ruining the stance Ronin has put her into to push her bangs out of her eyes with one hand, she settles back into the completely cliche posture she'd been in before. "NnnnNNN!" It sounds exactly like she's saying hiiijah! but with her tongue pressed against the top of her mouth. This time she does swing with her whole arm, but it's clumsy. Stumbling forward, she'll find herself either colliding with Ronin or looking up at him from around knee-level.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin slowly tilts his head as Tobi utterly ruins what he's just done for her, giving a patient smile and standing back to let her try again. "I'll try and wear padding for you next time?" he offers with an apologetic shrug, the Star waiting for her to take her swing and scoffing to hear the badly muffled hiiiYA. She stumbles and he naturally moves forward to help, so yes, they will collide quite wonderfully.

"Ooof!" Laughing, Ronin helps to straighten her up before nodding. "Okay, let's try something else. I'm going to throw a punch and you're going to block me, okay? I'll show you how to push my arm out of the way." And, doing just that, he makes sure to practice a couple of times before he steps back.

"Okay, here we go." Ronin doesn't intend to hit her, let alone hurt her, but he throws a hand forward (slowly) for her to block him.
RONIN
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
'You're very smug. And strong.' Tobi grumbles, though she's far too sweet (and utterly useless at this), for her words to sound anything other than silly.

"Is there anywhere you don't have muscles?" He's like warm stone as he holds her up, setting her straight and keeping her from falling to her knees, and Tobi is as appreciative as she is flustered. "You're making me feel fat." She says, pushing her hair out of her face once again and flashing Ronin a grin.

Winded already, Tobi tries to internalize the movements he's showing her before he goes in for the 'real thing'. Like moving through water, there's plenty of time for the doctor to react. It's a touch clumsy still, but with a bit of coaxing on Ronin's part, she's able to more or less stop his advance. 'Ah! I did it!'
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"I'm not trying to be smug," Ronin says, his smile growing a touch contrite as he moves forward for her to block him. "Pretty sure my head is just bone and bad decisions," he continues as if that should make a difference, the Star grinning as she successfully (more or less) blocks his punch. "That was it, yeah!" He nods, straightening up. "And you can feel however you like - you don't look fat, and you're doing very well."

Encouragement given, he steps back one last time for her to take another swing at him. "This time I'll try and block you. And once we've done that, we'll head over to the training dummies and you can have at them for a while. That should help you to work up a sweat - and now you can punch without hurting yourself, I hope."
RONIN
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
Whether it's pregnancy brain, the adrenaline boost from having left her apartment for the first time in about a week, or the fact that this is the only physical contact she's had aside from breastfeeding or accidentally kicking Finn in the middle of the night, but suddenly Tobi feels good. Like she has something to prove, and is going to do just that.

"Okay if you're sure. I promise I won't shout this time."

The doctor's smirk grows playful as she runs her tongue over her teeth and lowers her stance slightly. And then more. Too much. Far too much. In an instant, Ronin will find a ball of tricoloured fur lunging up at him, her paws aimed for his chest.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"I mean, you do you. I can't stop you from-- whoa!" Ronin is absolutely not expecting what comes next, his eyes growing wide, the Star staggering back a couple of steps before the large furry ball connects. He goes down - because of course he does - the air knocked out of him, though it goes around the sound of his laughter. "Tobi!" he gasps, flat on his back on the ground, though his complaint is hardly that.

Still grinning broadly, he tries to wrestle the canine off him, though his hands instinctively go to scritch at the ruff of fur around her neck and behind her ears. "Is this your plan whenever you are faced with a fight? Because much as I hate to say it, it'll probably work." He beams.
RONIN
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
With a happy bark, Tobi wags her tail triumphantly. She only growls and protests a little as Ronin tries to wriggle out from under her, eventually allowing him to sit up so that he might better scratch behind her ears. Not that I ever plan on being in a real fight...but...yes, more or less. Unable to shrug, the dog instead just lifts a paw to nudge Ronin's knee with so that he doesn't stop his pets.

I already feel tired though. Do you think we can skip the training dummies? Not that I had much stamina before for this sort of thing, but after Everest... Tobi shakes her head with a bit of a sneeze. It isn't hard to convince Ronin to have a quick snack with her instead of continuing training, and with any luck, Tobi will make it home before either Finn or Ever wake up.

~FIN