Plot Advancing PQ despite the darkness
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion


Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 65 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
Posts: 10,919 | Total: 16,828
MP: 2609
#1
the lullaby
The way up and the way down are one in the same
I'm calling an audible late in the game
Only Deimos received a letter, outlining where and when to meet. Remi and Ronin would travel together, and Mildew...well, it was her swamp after all.

"I really do not know what to expect. Mildew said she could provide us some food for the Mathair, but apart from that...Frey was not very forthcoming with information." But the pair had faired just fine so far walking into situations that they knew nothing about, so Remi wasn't worried. He hadn't brought any supplies with him; able to sleep anywhere and hunt for his own food, the only thing he'd been concerned with was finding somewhere suitable for Mateo to stay while they were away. Vai was an easy choice, especially seeing as they'd be returning to the Greatwood after this was done.

"It is nice to be doing something like this with you, again."



PQ+ for returning the Mathair to the Greatwood!

Please post your characters arriving, and any items that they are bringing with them (that aren't listed on their profiles).

1. Remi
2. Ronin
3. Deimos
4. Mildew
If love is everything, love is pain
Certain spirits are too bright to be tamed
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight


Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 75 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 83 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
Posts: 6,321 | Total: 17,324
MP: 2256
#2

"Mm, it is. I've not been to this part of the Wilds before, but I did meet Mildew once, coming into Stormbreak..." Ronin's arm is casually laced around his husband, but there's nothing casual about it, in truth. This close to Leafchange, with every ounce of stress and tension that has crackled through their relationship in the past few days, the Star is a smiling knife, poised and ready to strike.

He has brought supplies, if the sandwich he's eating counts. In the humidity of the swamp, he wears little more than the shirt on his back and the pants slung low on his hips, Emmett's axe tucked through his belt in case it's needed. Sugar is coiled about his neck, and he feeds her the rest of the sandwich shortly before she snatches it out of his fingers regardless. "Guess we'll be figuring it out as we go, hm?"

RONIN
Darkness is a funny thing. It creeps up on you.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 74 - Dext: 74 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
Posts: 6,822 | Total: 11,054
MP: 5754
#3
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
With Hotaru pregnant, sedition on the back burner, and no position to bear responsibilities for, Deimos and his companions were free to roam and traverse across the widened plains. Perhaps it was best; his mind could be on other things, there’d be multitudes of distractions, and other angles to work upon.

Like old times again, based on some semblance of the crowd.

The Sword gave a wave and a nod towards Remi and Ronin on his approach, sleeves already rolled well past his forearms, loathing the humidity entirely. His preference already leaned well into Halo’s atmosphere, and this was nearly the exact opposite. Belial followed close behind, curiously glancing at Sugar, while Zuriel stepped along Deimos’s side.

His supplies were stuffed into his bag of holding, with no true limitation to weapons: but also with some food, drink, and rope. Most likely anything else they’d require he could craft. “Remi, Ronin,” he rumbled, putting his long locks up into a bun; ready, willing, and able to go.

--

Deimos is bringing his companions:

BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend)

ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)

And his bag of holding also has some rope, water, and food, amongst his myriad of other items.
under the bludgeonings of chance
my head is bloody, but unbowed
Swamp Witch

Age: 517 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
Posts: 164 | Total: 8,707
MP: 0
#4
M i l d e w

Stars move slowly in a silvery night
Far away on the other side
She had had fun romping around outside the swamp, but Mildew had been glad to return home; she would always feel her most herself when surrounded by the gnarled, bent trees and dark mud of the Feverlands. Before Remi sent any word she knew he was here, the beetles and birds letting her know with their skittering, unused to the disturbance.

Appearing from between two trees, dressed in a simple brown dress with a necklace of flowers and seeds around her neck, she looked between them all - two she recognised, one she didn't. "Oh, hello - I don't know that we'll need three of you, darlings." The Mathair had not been in any danger so far and the swamp felt as safe as it ever did, respectful to those that respected it.

"I'm Mildew. And you, dear?" She asked to the large man, the one she didn't know; a hand with not a small amount of dirt on the palm reached out for his.

---
Mildew has no items (lol) and these powers:

Magic: Give and Take | Can enchant 2 items per season (subject to admin approval)...for a price.
Type: Light | Rank: Basic

Magic: Messenger | Can speak to all animals (non-mythical) and receive and relay messages through them. Only Gods and Attuned can receive the messages from Mildew.
Type: Light | Rank: Basic
Will you come to talk with me this night?
But she couldn't find how to push through
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion


Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 65 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
Posts: 10,919 | Total: 16,828
MP: 2609
#5
the lullaby
The way up and the way down are one in the same
I'm calling an audible late in the game
"Sounds about right." Remi agrees with a grin, and though he can feel the tension vibrating from Ronin, it makes him smile just the same, looking boyishly infatuated at the man at his side, ready to explode at any moment.

Glancing toward Deimos and his two companions, the alchemist nods, making no attempt to move away from Ronin. "Deimos. Thank you for helping with this, I hope that—" Glancing to Mildew as she appears, seemingly breathed out from the swamp, the alchemist grins crookedly and offers his fellow demigod a shrug. "There are many who might not want to see the Mathair returned to the Greatwood." He comments. That, and when things seemed safe and easy, they rarely were in Remi's experience.

"Since you know where she has been keeping herself, will you lead the way?" He asks of Mildew.
If love is everything, love is pain
Certain spirits are too bright to be tamed
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight


Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 75 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 83 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
Posts: 6,321 | Total: 17,324
MP: 2256
#6

Offering a quiet nod to Deimos and a small wave to Mildew when she appears, Ronin busies himself in taking in the surroundings while the demigoddess and his husband speak. More than happy to stay wrapped around Remi as well, the Star offers a soft pulse of command to Sugar, who unwraps herself from his shoulders and takes off into the air to keep an eye on things from the thickets of trees.

"Mm, it is less a worry about the Mathair and more a concern about what might happen to her on the journey back to the Greatwood. I can't say that I anticipate any trouble, but then again, who does?" Trouble has a tendency of appearing whether you expect it or not. Still, he gestures for Mildew to go ahead. "Lead the way."

RONIN
Darkness is a funny thing. It creeps up on you.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 74 - Dext: 74 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
Posts: 6,822 | Total: 11,054
MP: 5754
#7
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
The only one he didn’t know arrived after him; Mildew, and without any familiarity, the Sword extended his own calloused palm in introduction. “Deimos,” and with nothing else to add to his title, they shook hands.

Another nod given to Remi on the gratitude and acknowledgements; the clarification on some not wanting the Mathair returned to the Greatwood causing a brief narrowing of his gaze. He could only presume the Lullaby meant the Ascended.

And the troubles along the way, of course.

Presuming that would come regardless, Deimos waited until Mildew stepped in front, leading them onward to the initial destination.
under the bludgeonings of chance
my head is bloody, but unbowed
Swamp Witch

Age: 517 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
Posts: 164 | Total: 8,707
MP: 0
#8
M i l d e w

Stars move slowly in a silvery night
Far away on the other side
It had been a while since she had seen so many people at once in the swamp; as Mildew turned to walk back towards her home, where the Mathair had been staying now for some time, she worried they might not all be able to balance on the branches she used for walking on, or that one of the men might prove too heavy for her stepping stones; oh well. They'd get a muddy bottom for it, and everyone had to get that lesson from the Feverlands sooner or later.

"This way." Stepping between the trees she came through, Mildew pushed aside a curtain of vines and began to walk on, clearly very familiar with her environment; her feet carefully picked out the right places to stand on wood, stone and hard mud without her looking. "I think she will be quite excited to get back home. This place must be lonely, compared to the Greatwood."

--
Mildew leads the way back towards her house.
Will you come to talk with me this night?
But she couldn't find how to push through


Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
Posts: 1,399 | Total: 1,399
MP: 0
#9

Lonely? Oh no Mildew. Not with so many around taking a personal interest in the Mathair. Her presence has boosted the abilities of certain creatures around her. You can see why they wouldn't want her to leave. A small hoard of Devil's Klaw are trailing behind the group. They keep their distance of course, hoping that the humans ahead will need to make camp or take a break.

Reaching Mildew's hut, all there is for them to do is call the Mathair and take her back to the Greatwood. Simple as that.

Right?



Your randomly chosen order is: Mildew, Ronin, Remi, Deimos
RANDOM EVENT
Swamp Witch

Age: 517 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
Posts: 164 | Total: 8,707
MP: 0
#10
M i l d e w

Stars move slowly in a silvery night
Far away on the other side
Mildew walked until she began to saw the flashes of white movement in the corner of her vision that signalled the arrival of Devil's Klaw. Usually, the hand-like weeds were content to keep to themselves, not making themselves known until the dead of night when they would attack campers. Frowning, she turned back to the group: "Do not let your guard down. These Klaws will kill you, given the chance."

Well, their appearance was not a great omen, but nothing she could do anything about at the moment, and the Mathair's arrival had upset some of the natural balance of the Feverlands; perhaps the plant-creatures were just curious. Reaching her hut, Mildew looked out over her humble home and garden and called: "Mathair, darling! It's time!"
Will you come to talk with me this night?
But she couldn't find how to push through
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight


Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 75 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 83 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
Posts: 6,321 | Total: 17,324
MP: 2256
#11

Ronin comfortably falls into step with the others, forced to part from his husband so they might navigate the uneven (and probably dangerous) ground of the Feverlands. He does keep Remi close in his sight, though, so it probably explains why he doesn't even remotely notice the appearance of the Klaws until Mildew speaks up. "Oh," he says, glancing around afresh as if he might see some fresh evidence of them.

"What do they do?" he wonders out loud, before there's a hut before them and Mildew's voice rings out like a bell chime. Shifting his feet, Ronin readies himself for any trouble. This isn't the first meeting between gods and monsters that he's stood between, and they never end well, even when intentions are good. Especially when intentions are good.

RONIN
Darkness is a funny thing. It creeps up on you.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion


Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 65 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
Posts: 10,919 | Total: 16,828
MP: 2609
#12
the lullaby
The way up and the way down are one in the same
I'm calling an audible late in the game
Same Remi thinks to himself with a humourless smile, as Mildew mentions that the trailing creatures would kill if given the chance. Turning, the alchemist fixes the strange white hand-shaped creatures with a stare. Part of him wanted little more than to shift and let them do their worst, but of course, that wasn't what he was here for. Even so, it grated against his predatory nerves that something might be trying to track and stalk him.

"You had mentioned food, for her?" Remi says a touch stiffly, still trying to swallow down the agitation that has adrenaline coursing through his muscles. "To strengthen her for the journey?" He'd be all too pleased, especially now, to go for a brief hunt if Mildew hadn't found the time to prepare. Though something told him that his fellow demigod was not the sort to laze about when the creatures of her swamp needed her attention.
If love is everything, love is pain
Certain spirits are too bright to be tamed
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 74 - Dext: 74 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
Posts: 6,822 | Total: 11,054
MP: 5754
#13
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
Intrigued by a divine spirit staying in something as human as a hut, he hadn’t noted their incoming friends until it was announced by Mildew. He turned and glanced, eyeing them from a fair distance away – like they were a warning sign, a symbol, an omen. Belial growled and Zuriel otherwise kept her haughty stare upon them – all three curious, inquisitive, but not starting something so soon. The Sword figured the Klaws, with their creepy, ivory hand-like figures, were slightly out of his incantation range for the moment.

With Ronin already asking the inquiry embedded in his mind, and Remi voicing food requirements, the warrior tilted his head, considering what he’d already brought in his bag. “What does she eat?”
under the bludgeonings of chance
my head is bloody, but unbowed


Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
Posts: 1,399 | Total: 1,399
MP: 0
#14

The swamp does not want the Mathair to leave. This, Mildew will feel distinctly as all manner of insects begin to buzz their disapproval. The swamp hums its ire which manifests in bubbles of noxious gases burping out of the swamp water. The trees seem to groan and twist, threatening to blot out the sun and cage in the goddess who has resided with them for several seasons now.

A thick fog begins to roll in, insidious and smothering. It hugs the ground and rises up the trunks of the trees, obscuring the details of what might be lurking within.



Your randomly chosen order is: Mildew, Ronin, Remi, Deimos
RANDOM EVENT


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)


RPG-D