Plot Advancing PQ despite the darkness
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 74 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 74 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 6754
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
For Deimos’ part, all of it came as a shock. A goddess rising from the ground – muck and mire pooling and conspiring together to become an aperture rather than anything else, and then the potential aspects of being eaten. For a moment, he managed to stand there rather stupefied, eyes widened, before his mind caught up with all the parameters suddenly entailed.

He had quite a few things to accomplish before being taken into death again, so the notion of being swallowed and devoured hadn’t actually ever occurred to him. Demise by something else – another misadventure, had been nearly applied on several occasions. For some reason the Sword hadn’t thought this path would lead there – but he blinked rapidly, gaze narrowing, staring over the other individuals. He was quite mortal, but doubted on particulars of taste. Bowing his head in respect, deep rumbles of logic and reason occurred on his breath, sticking to rational pursuits. “I doubt I am worth the effort of hunting,” for he’d certainly attempt to fight. “We would be more valuable alive. We can easily supply you with more food by stalking other prey.” And then the Mathair would only have to journey. Hadn’t that been the point?

--

Deimos says he also wouldn’t be worth the effort of hunting – and they’d be more valuable alive.
under the bludgeonings of chance
my head is bloody, but unbowed

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MATHAIR
They say a bird in the hand was worth two in the bush, and as far as the Mathair can tell, she's three fine birds right here. Though, Ronin is right: he does look rather stringy. Remi and Deimos though? Oh they didn't look stringy at all.

Vines snap up from deep within the ground, coiling around Remi and Deimos both and rooting them right in place. "That wasn't so hard, now was it?" She says, her voice sounding like a hoard of locusts that had just risen from the grass.

With a grin that looked like tombstones rising from the tar pits themselves, the Mathair begins to slink toward her two captured tour-guides. "Eenie...meenie...minie...moe" Her finger lands pointing at Deimos. 'Quite tall aren't you?' She hisses mercilessly, licking at her lips.

Well, the Mathair seems intent on eating Deimos and Remi. Will you try and talk your way out of things? Or...attack..a goddess? Up to you.
Swamp Witch

Age: 517 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
M i l d e w

Stars move slowly in a silvery night
Far away on the other side
Mildew, probably not endearing herself to her new friends, laughed as the Mathair rose up her vines to catch them, lifting a hand to cover her mouth in a girlish delight. "Oh, you really are too much, dear. You know you don't want to get on the God's bad side; I'm sure this man has something to do with one of them, with the company he keeps, right, darling?" She made wide eyes at Deimos, trying to imply he ought to continue this line of argument too.

Amused smirk still on her lips, she let her gaze slide over to Ronin. "You do look stringy, but don't worry dear. I'd still eat you."

---

Mildew tells the Mathair that Deimos is likely in favour with the Gods and tries to signal to Deimos to make the same argument. She also tells Ronin she'd eat him <3
Will you come to talk with me this night?
But she couldn't find how to push through
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3601

"Um," says Ronin - because what the fuck does one say to that? And that goes for both Mildew and the Mathair. There are a lot of things that the Star doesn't know, a lot of situations that he has never had to navigate, but as vines shoot up to grasp at his husband, that really doesn't matter. "Hey," he says sharply, and a few strides take him between Remi and the approaching goddess (who seems more interested in Deimos for now - sorry Deimos).

"We are here to take you back to the Greatwood, not to act as appetisers. I'll find you something to take the edge off." He isn't foolish enough to attack a goddess, no. But he's also not wise enough not to defend his husband should the situation call for it. Either way, his astral projection breaks off and trots away into the wilderness, intent on keeping his word.

Ronin plants himself between the Mathair and Remi, and sends his astral projection away to hunt something for her to eat.
RONIN
Darkness is a funny thing. It creeps up on you.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2759
the lullaby
The way up and the way down are one in the same
I'm calling an audible late in the game
Ronin, clever as always, gives the alchemist an idea. In the Mathair's grip, his body will suddenly go limp and nearly lifeless. Not completely lifeless, but hopefully enough to be unappetizing. The goddess seems to like to play with her food, so hopefully she'll continue to focus on Deimos for the time being.

As a spirit, Remi searches for the first edible creature he can find. It happens to be another Gore Crow, but given the alchemist's familiarity with birds and their bodies, this is rather convenient. Slipping his spirit inside, the drastic differences in their strengths and wills makes it all too easy for Remi to overtake it.

Remi will attempt to fly the creature back, hovering before the Mathair that she might snap it out of the air to eat.

Remi uses his magic to leave his body and inhabit a Gore Crow and hovers in front of the Mathair for her to eat.

Magic: Out of Body | Can project his spirit into the world. While in spirit-form, his body is completely vulnerable, though his spirit cannot be harmed. Can take over the bodies of animals within a 30ft radius, and can attempt to take over humans as well. (A 30 END difference is an automatic success. Difference of 20 is accompanied by extreme disorientation and mental pain for the soul in question. Difference of 10 or below is accompanied by disorientation and temporary loss of bodily function.)
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered
If love is everything, love is pain
Certain spirits are too bright to be tamed
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 74 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 74 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 6754
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
Well, that didn’t work.

The vines rankled around him and he fought off a sneer with vivid nonchalance – a breath, then stilling, reticent, another void. He’d been tethered like this before, and it didn’t bring back pleasant memories; nor did the measures of impending doom, or the fact that he had to convince a goddess not to devour him.

His gaze went to Mildew, very briefly, as she offered some measure of advice – except he was a creature who never found himself worthy of anything. Always the first to protect. Always the first to shield. Self-preservation never at its finest, and to consider himself valuable enough to even begin thinking he was on par with Ronin or Remi was ludicrous.

As seen, even now, when he didn’t quite measure up to anyone’s esteem.

Forged steel and resolve, his eyes went back to the Mathair. “I have a task from Safrin that I need to complete.” Could the herald find someone else to do it? Absolutely. Would he like to accomplish it anyway? Yes. But it was the truth, and all he had – save for assaults –

Though the gore crow’s sudden presence counter-acted the notions he was going to try, and meandered straight into Attuned measures. More and more and more, the Sword attempted to summon an entire flock for the Mathair to consume, joining the other. An appeasement, a distraction.

--

Deimos attempts to summon a flock of gore crows to appease/distract/or for the Mathair to eat.

Beastmaster | can compel any animal for assistance (6 large, 12 medium, or 20 small)
under the bludgeonings of chance
my head is bloody, but unbowed

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MATHAIR
Clever boys.

The feast presented to her is indeed enough to captivate her attention. As the crows appear, the vines around Deimos and Remi suddenly release, slithering back toward the Mathair that she might grasp the black birds and, in a shocking display, unhinge her jaw to eat them whole. Wiping at her mouth and then using a lingering feather to clean her teeth, she flashes Mildew a not-quite-white smile and a wink.

'Alright then boys. Take me home. You there—" She points a fingernail toward Deimos, it looking more like a talon made of wood than anything else, and grins. "—you can carry me." With a cackle, she pulls four rather shiny-looking objects from a pocket that might have been made entirely of mud.

"For your troubles." She titters in a sing-song voice, as if she hadn't just threatened to eat them all, tossing one to Mildew, Ronin, Remi, and Deimos. "Careful. Those beauties are quite the mouthful."

~FIN

Congratulations! You have successfully brought the Mathair out of hiding and returned her back to the Greatwood!

You have each received a gold-encrusted beetle !

Beetle Husk: A gold-encrusted dried beetle. When eaten, can instantly kill any creature that is not immortal, a god, or an upper-level KQ foe (ask an admin for clarification). Can knock an immortal character unconscious for 3 months, can take off 50% of an upper-level foes HP. Only works if the bug itself is eaten. Poison cannot be made from the bug, nor can it be used to coat an arrow/knife/etc.