{se} side by side to sundown
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
HARPER
The lighthouse shrine holds a special place in his heart, though ironically it's not the one he had Attuned at. Harper had not spent long today and had not asked for Safrin's presence, but he tried to keep a habit of placing offerings at various shrines in Torchline and the Grounds, whispering prayers that otherwise resided only in his mind.

Expecting nothing more than a long walk back to the Inn, Harper is startled when he emerges from the doorway at the base of the lighthouse and is met with rumbling clouds and dark skies that hadn't been remotely in the area when he'd entered. Or maybe he had just been up there for longer than he thought? The lack of watches and clocks in Caido is still something he can't quite adjust to.

Venturing out from the doorway, eyeing the sky hesitantly, Harper begins to hustle down the path in hopes that it will hold out long enough to get back to town. Of course he's only halfway down the steps to the lighthouse when the first fat drops hit his head, and Harper groans aloud as the rest seems to come down in a gleeful deluge.
caught in this reckless raging fury
that they call the love of God

Table Code by Sky!
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

He's got no business at the lighthouse really, he was just headed back from the beach up to his apartment when the first drop hit him. And then another, then the deluge. Might as well wait it out right? Except as he's coming up the steps, there's another man coming down, seemingly caught off guard by the sudden rain too. Locke freezes before he recognizes him. Or at least he thinks he does?

"Ha..Harlow? Wait, no, Harper right?" Another one of the Halenani workers. Or he was? Is? Locke isn't sure. He knows he's seen him before and that's all that matters. "Gotta love these Torchline rains, aye? Outta nowhere." He wants to duck inside but you know what? He's already soaked, does it even matter at this point. Plus, it kinda feels good. "Might be my favorite weather."
quote line one goes here
quote line two goes here!
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
HARPER
There aren’t many brave souls out and about currently - they’d likely been smarter than Harper and had the sense to stay inside upon seeing the dark clouds overhead. It means as Locke approaches, Harper lifts his hand to shield his eyes from the rain, and makes a pleased noise of recognition. The man does the same, and Harper’s smile is contrastingly sunny at the familiarity. “Harper, you got it! Locke, right?” He’d been trained to memorize names and faces, which lends itself to kindness now instead of darker days of targets and assassinations.

The stall is all it takes to get soaked through, and Harper drops his hand in defeat. At least it’s warm rain, which makes it easier to bear. “I’m not used to it being warm, but it’s kind of fun without the wind,” he agrees with a chuckle, spinning on his heel to look out across the sand and sparse vegetation. Already the downpour is collecting in pools and puddles, silver surfaces distorted by falling droplets. Harper considers them for a moment, reminded of modern streets and cars that would hurry through the gathering water to splash unfortunate pedestrians.

Turning to Locke, a mischievous smile lights up his eyes. “Say, want to do something ridiculous?”

Table Code by Sky!
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
i am baby
"That's what they call me at least." He returns the man's grin because why not! Harper seems like a cool guy. Oh yeah, rain outside of Torchline isn't exactly warm. "It's something to get used to for sure. The rain in Stormbreak was cold and I wasn't used to that at all." He's not used to the cold in general. Maybe it's for the best he's still not up there.

His head tilts, curly hair sticking to his face as its saturated with rain. "Always." His grin widens into something more feral but it's fine. Locke is fueled by chaos at this point and what's a little playing in the rain ever hurt? Or he assumes that's what is going to happen.
LOCKE
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Change author:
HARPER
“I haven’t been yet, but I intend to soon. Honestly I hope it doesn’t rain at all while I’m there - I’m spoiled by Torchline weather.” His grin is boyish and crooked, flourishing in the presence of another friendly person. And a man at that. Seemed most men in Torchline felt the need to outdrink, outfight, or otherwise outdo you to prove some sort of weird toxic masculinity dominance. Harper was far too modern (and bisexual) for that nonsense.

“Perfect,” Harper hisses eagerly, and he reaches to snag at Locke’s sleeve to pull him in a jog towards the deepening puddles. Letting go only long enough to launch himself feet first into it - and immediately slip and land half on his ass and half on his back when the sand skids out from under him. A yelp escapes him as the water splashes up around him, followed immediately by laughter.

Table Code by Sky!
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
i am baby
"I kinda liked the rain. Fits the whole.."  He kind of waves his hand because words are hard and Harper can figure it out. He doesn't get to finish his thought anyway, as he's being tugged towards puddles. He watches in bemusement as Harper lets him go, jumping into one of the puddles, and them promptly falling on his ass.

There's a second where Locke has to decide how he wants to do this. With a nod to himself, he jumps into a puddle near Harper, laughing as it splashes the other man. Another pause and he leans down, holding his hand out to pull him up. "Sorry, couldn't help myself. I love playing in the rain." For all of his hang ups and things, it's probably one of his favorites. Nothing like two grown men playing in puddles, right?

Except he needs to go back home and cook dinner! Whoops! "Actually, I gotta go. Sorry Harper! Next time!"

-Fin-
LOCKE