and I've been loving you for a thousand years
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Oh, empty my heart
Having spotted Sunjata's little wave, and the small, blonde figure hovering between him and Nate, Seren's heart did a double take. For a moment she was torn, hovering in the middle of two lives, two families, two children she desperately wanted to know, and she very selfishly wanted to drag everyone together. Her fathers, her uncles, her siblings, all mashed into one space so she would never have to make this kind of choice again.

But perhaps the spirits were with her, or perhaps this was not as difficult as it seemed. As one group of kin drifted away, Seren was left free to approach the little girl. Breathless, awed, eager to sweep the girl - her sister, her sister - into a fierce hug while at the same time terrified that Kamaria would not know her.

But Sunjata must have told her. He'd said so, and now... here...

Her mind went completely blank, and Seren came to a halt a few paces away. Smiling, her whole being whispering of a desire to approach. But how did you speak to a child you've never met?

"Hello," she tried, for a start. A little breathless, and a lot hopeful. "I'm Seren. Do you... know who I am?"
I've got to make room for this feeling
SEREN
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Kamaria Wrenzaok

Age: 20 | Height: Tall | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: 1 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
love should be as flowers of the weedy sort
Kamaria is officially of the opinion that parties are way better than she ever thought they'd be! There's sweet-sounding music playing in the background somewhere, and people - so many people! Look at all the new faces and listen to all their voices! It's awe-inspiring. The food, too, smells so good, she doesn't even care what it is. She is determined to have a bit of everything at some point.

And at some point, she finds her sister among the crowds again. At first, she'd been hesitant to approach because Seren had seemed busy before. But now, she can't wait any longer. She rushes up to the girl. Who is the most prettiest girl she's seen, by the way, which makes her grin turn her face a little pink.

"Yeah I know who you are!" Kamaria says imploringly, swaying enough that her dress flows about, "You're my sister, silly!"

She leans in a little closer and cups one hand around her lips to whisper, as if it's some kind of secret, "And I'm your sister, too!"
they break through cement and persist
Kamaria
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
Dropping down to her knees in the flowery meadow, Seren held out her arms to sweep the adorable child into a hug,
"Yes you are! And I've wanted to meet you for so long," she beamed, close to tears from intense joy. It was a fortunate thing that Seren did not have her father's way of lighting up under strong emotions, or she would have blinded everyone in a ten mile radius.

"I have something for you." Discreetly dipping her hand into her pocket space, Seren withdrew a pretty pink seashell. "I found this and thought it must have belonged to a mermaid. Doesn't it look almost like a comb? I bet she lost it in a storm. Would you keep it safe?"

Did this little girl have her own fondness for the sea and its mysteries? Did she also dream of pirate ships and hidden treasure, and starlight palaces in the sky? It galled Seren that she didn't already know, and could make better stories.
SEREN
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Kamaria Wrenzaok

Age: 20 | Height: Tall | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Change author:
Kamaria's face is already lit up, and she's already beaming, completely enamored with Seren. Her very own sister. She just can't quite get over it, now that they're finally meeting in person. It feels like she's been waiting forever. But when Seren pulls out a pink little shell, Kamaria's eyes brighten even more.

She gasps and reaches up to try and hold the comb-like shell in her hands. "Yeah, it does," she says, admiring its edges. Kamaria's grin slips away into a very intrigued, straighter expression as Seren outlines the origins of this very simple little object. She'd never thought such a story could come from something so small. She nods, pouting as she holds the comb to her chest. "I'll keep it safe for always!"

"I didn't bring you anything..." she frowns, not having thought about it. Plus, it's not like she could've brought a whole sack of gifts for everyone... which is probably something she would try to do - if she had thought of it. Then, an idea sparks and she asks, "Do you like to play games?"
Kamaria
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
Happily relinquishing the shell, Seren tapped a light finger against her sister's little button nose. "You can give me another hug, if you want," she smiled, easily solving the issue of return gifts. Honestly, this chance to meet Kamaria was more than enough for her, but that probably would not fly if she suggested as much.

But as it turned out, the little girl was smart, and thought right along the same lines as Seren.
"I love games! What would you like to play?"  

Looking around quickly at the throng of people, the tables and stalls full of food, and looming fathers not too far away, the potential for really fun things to do was limited. But perhaps Kamaria's mind was more flexible than her own; it was worth a wait to see.
SEREN
Kamaria Wrenzaok

Change author:
Kamaria is happy to give Seren another hug, regardless of the reason. "Of course!" She decides, as she goes to wrap her arms around her sister's waist one more time, if she can even reach that high.

And really, she does want to play a game, but she doesn't know if she wants to roam very far away from the party. That, and she'd really like to get to know Seren somehow, while also playing a game. So she thinks. She thinks pretty hard about what she wants to play, her hand cupping her chin and her head tilting.

"Truth or dare!" She declares with a finger that points up. "You first! Truth.. or dare?" And she waggles her eyebrows for emphasis.
Kamaria
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
Humming softly in quiet bliss as small arms wrapped around her middle, Seren leaned down and would pick Kamaria up in her arms if the girl was willing. Walking over to a nearby row of benches, she plopped them both down and reached for a conveniently forgotten plate of treats - more savoury than sweet, unfortunately.

"Ooh, that is a good choice. Hm, I think I will go wiiiith - " Seren scrunched up her nose in deep thought for a moment - "truth!"
Popping a roll filled with something that tasted of vegetables into her mouth, Seren offered the treats to Kamaria, so she could choose for herself. Whatever questions the girl might think to ask, Seren would be happy to answer.
SEREN
Kamaria Wrenzaok

Change author:
Kamaria is perfectly fine with being scooped up and carried off to a few benches nearby. Upon being set down, Kamaria sets with her legs underneath her and awaits Seren's answer with excited impatience. "Yes!" She grins, adding with a small giggle, "That's the one I wanted you to pick!"

Among the treats, Kamaria fishes out a stuffed roll. It's still warm, and it's soft but not too soft. It's so big, though, she has to hold it with both hands. Glancing back up at Seren with a genuine smile, she asks, "What's your favorite place to be in the whole world?"

As she listens for the answer, she takes a big mouthful of the roll. She finds that it's absolutely divine, "Mmm! This is yummy!"
Kamaria
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
Seren was quickly coming to understand that there was nothing she would not do for that smile. Adoring the girl with her oversized treat and big smile, the question had the older of Safrin's daughters lean in, cupping her hand to her mouth to keep the answer just between them.

"In the whole world? I love our mama's stars the best. But that is a secret," she clarified, blue eyes glittering as she put a finger over her lips. "So if anyone ever asks, tell them I said Torchline. Alright?"

Licking grease and crumbs from her fingers, Seren leaned back and grinned at Kamaria.
"Your turn. Truth, or dare?" Just for emphasis on how excited she was about this, she wiggled her eyebrows. Up and down they went, like the darkened wings of a Hel in flight.
SEREN
Kamaria Wrenzaok

Change author:
Kamaria munches on her food, lips hovering close for ease of taking a second bite. Her brows raise when Seren leans in close to tell her the secret answer. She gulps down her mouthful and whisper-yells, “Oh, I’m good at keeping secrets! I tell lots of them!” Not realizing the hypocrisy of her statement, that not quite being what she means, Kamaria simply smiles up at Seren. “I like the beach, too,” she hums excitedly, happy to find something they have in common.

The roll is abandoned, back to its plate, half-eaten and all, as Kamaria jumps up and takes a ready stance. Dare!” She licks her lips swiftly and wipes the crumbs from her hands, gazing at Seren with intense blue-green eyes.
Kamaria
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
"The beach is my second favorite," Seren assured, as she hid a smile at the girl's conflicting answer. "Did you know I have my very own little island? One day I'll show you where it is, and you can come visit." With or without parental permission... it was another secret, but one she wouldn't burden Kamaria with keeping just yet.

Leaning back with a little gasp of astonishment, Seren put a hand on her chest. "My my, aren't you brave! Well then." She looked around quickly, for something moderately scary or at least interesting. Her companion caught her eye, and with a smirk Seren pointed a finger at Umbra, who was slinking through the legs of passers by, on the hunt for spilled food.

"I dare you to pet that dragon!" she said dramatically, and pointed to indicate which one she meant. In a gathering like this, Umbra was hardly the only one around. He looked up, a little perplexed to have attention suddenly drawn to him; it was true that he looked a little bit intimidating. Large as a half-grown great dane, with tail and wings to match, he could probably carry Kamaria off if he really wanted to.
SEREN
Kamaria Wrenzaok

Change author:
Her very own island? At that, Kamaria imagines some island off the coast, that Seren has laid claim to like a kingdom of sorts. "Does it have a castle?" She wonders, because every kingdom should have a castle.

Kamaria is brave. She thinks, anyway. But Seren tries to test the limits of her bravery, by asking her to go and pet a particular dragon. Now, just at the sight of it, Kamaria should obviously be afraid of that big wingspan and those sharp teeth; the tough scales and the long claws. Only, she sees endless possibilities. A creature like that could probably do anything! No, this dare excites her, she just wants to make sure she does this right.

Scheming, she takes a stilling breath and relaxes her body language. Eyeing the plates, she grabs a stray piece of jerky and makes for the large creature. When she's still several feet away, she kneels down and smiles brightly at the dragon. "Hi! Will you come here?" She asks quietly, and then even quieter she whispers, "I have to show my big sister that I'm brave!" At this, she holds out the jerky as an offering.

Should the dragon be enticed, she'll see if it's okay with her petting it under its chin.
Kamaria
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
Seren laughed, and shook her head. "No, it does not. But there is a beautiful beach, so if you want to, we can build one!" A castle made of sand, on a midnight shore under the never fading stars. What could be more lovely than that?

She watched with a lingering smile as Kamaria set off to woo the dragon. The treat was a good idea, though hardly necessary. Umbra already saw her coming, and waited patiently until short legs could catch up. Slitted nostrils flared and contracted as the scent of the jerky caught his attention, and a very long neck soon reached out for the girl's hand. Curling a wing protectively around them both, so that revelers would not stumble over girl nor dragon, he very daintily picked the treat from the girl's hand - and downed it whole, with a quick jerk of the neck.

A deep, rumbling sound somewhere between a purr and a thunderclap started up in the blue dragon's chest as his chin was scritched. Unable to hold back the adoring smile, Seren watched them with chin resting in her palms, proud enough to burst over them both.

"You are the bravest girl I have ever seen, Kamaria" she gushed. "Look at you, you did it!"
SEREN
Kamaria Wrenzaok

Change author:
Kamaria's brows lift high enough that they're lost in her hairline, and her eyes stretch wider along with them. But this surprise is soon softened as the mighty dragon lets her scritch him under the chin. A happy smile gentles her expression, pushing up against the chub of her cheeks so that they dimple and glow with a warming pink color.

"Aw, you're so cute!" She fawns over him as he rumbles his approval, which only encourages her to lean in and give him even more pets.

Seren's praise makes her almost-startle, as her chin pops up over her shoulder and she remembers the dare she'd agreed to. A bashful grin takes precedent over her softer smile, and she giggles. "He's not scary at all!"

And maybe she doesn't quite put two and two together that this is Seren's companion but, really, would it have made a difference? All that matters, in the end, is that she faced something she might not have if it weren't for the spurring on her sister had done. And as Kamaria regards Seren for a moment, she feels nothing but admiration and love.

Had she expected anything less?

No.

fin<3
Kamaria