whatever, let's get lost on Mars
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Oh, empty my heart
"I see. It sounds nice... like one big community." The way he described it made Seren think of her own family. Sprawling, vast, complicated. Only, there was no unifying force to keep them all together. Torn between Safrin and the Voice, and between Safrin and Ludo, it would never be the kind of harmonious flock Sah had been brought up in.

"What does the alpha do? Is it like being... oh, I don't know - Warden? Or Governor?" she wondered, intrigued by the word and reaching for something similar, more familiar. It implied leadership, that much she knew, and he had told her about the need to gain the respect of others. It was... admittedly a little difficult to place Sah in that kind of role. He looked so very young. Not much older than herself.

The grimace as he handled the mug was not lost on her, nor the way Sah favored one of his hands.
"Are you alright?" she asked, gesturing towards the finger.
I've got to make room for this feeling
SEREN
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895
I have never feared the storm
Sah hummed, trying to come up with the words to describe what he had been. "The Alpha is the leader of the pack. The one who has the final say in all issues, both domestic and in times of war. What they say goes. But a good Alpha isn't a tyrant. Instead they are the one who members of the pack go to for advice, for help, or even just for comfort. They're the heart of the pack, it's defender, and what keeps it stable. A strong, good Alpha means a strong and happy pack." He began to explain it.

"They would also be the one who would then work with Mune the most. It was why I knew her so well." Sah took a sip of his drink before continuing. There was a lot to say on this matter, and it brought up memories. Of his mother sitting him down and telling him what he should strive to be when he became Alpha. "I did my best to be that kind of Alpha, to fit those traits. I don't know if I succeeded. I hope I did, my pack deserved a good Alpha."

Sah gave a sigh, taking another sip. "My kind aged differently from humans, but I was a juvenile when I took power." He bit his lip, deep in thought. "If I had to give an equivalent human age as to where I was when I became Alpha? I'd say I was around 16." He shook his head, slightly. "Far too young. But I was my mother's son. And although there are customs in place that someone else could have taken over, I pushed through every test and challenge to prove myself and keep my birthright role." A slightly proud grin appeared, his eyes hold a mischievous tint. "I proved myself worthy enough for the role and title. And although there were challengers, I always won. And my pack thrived under my leadership for years. Until..." His expression grew grim. "Until the world ended."

Lost in memories, Sah had completely forgotten about his hand. He glanced down in surprise at the bandages. "Oh, right. Another weird spirt incident. There was a chest in Torchline that had paper, and somehow the paper bit me." He explained briefly, his bafflement over the situation clear.
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
A peculiar smile hovered over Seren's lips as she listened. In part it was the charm of being told a story and learning things she never knew before. Sah had a way of speaking that was easy to get lost in, and she was endlessly fascinated by the fleeting emotions that occasionally flitted across his face.
She did rather enjoy the idea of how he had risen up to fill a role for which he had been destined, too. There was a fairytale quality to it - prince coming to his crown too early, yet desiring to be a good king - that sat a little too well with her. So much that she often forgot that they were still talking about wolves. That he was one.

"Sounds to me like you were a very good boy," she teased playfully, to see if she could knock that proud smirk down a few notches. He certainly earned it, from what she could tell, but it made Seren a little too aware of all the things she had not accomplished yet. "Did you like it? Being the leader? I can imagine one might get a taste for it..." Having others obey your orders, making decisions and knowing they would be followed. Heavy, true, and not something to be taken lightly. Yet so many seemed to strive for it.

Taking note of the bandage properly, Seren slipped down from her rock and approached Sah's perch on light feet. Reaching up her hands for his, she smiled up at him.
"Let me see? I didn't realize the thing bit you. All it did was lick my finger a little. It was strange, but not terrible." The whole situation had been bizarre, and in the aftermath she had missed her chance to speak to many of those gathered.
SEREN
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
The smirk died off immediately, being replaced with a playful scowl. The tips of Sah's ears also took on a slightly red hue. "I'm not a dog." He stated with indignation but he didn't seem truly upset. Lilly nudged her bonded's leg, looking up at him with blatant amusement. Sah wasn't sure why Seren's tease hadn't upset him. When Locke had called him 'Puppy' it had set him off, bringing up a barrage of dark memories. Seren's words just brought back that typical warm feeling he'd come to associate with being around her.

Taking another sip, he then answered her other question. "I do miss it, I loved it." He admitted. "At first it felt wrong, daunting even, to have such power. But I guess I grew into it. Because pretty soon it became a comfortable thing. It's heady for sure, but it also carries massive responsibility. You can practically feel the weight of expectations and hopes on your shoulders." Sah gave a small grin. "I definetly grew a taste for it. I had to learn not to let it go to my head. And going from Alpha to nameless Abandoned Outlander has been difficult. I keep having to check myself so I don't overstep." He admitted guiltily.

When prompted, Sah gave Seren his left hand, the bandages still wrapped around it.
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
His protestation was met with a very wide eyed and blatantly innocent look that was absolutely forged.
"Did I say you were?" Seren had to bite the inside of her cheek not to laugh. "You are absolutely good, though." That part was true, and she would fight him over it.

Taking Sah's hand between hers, she began to gingerly unwrap the bandage. A look of focused concentration settled over her face, but she still listened to the reply even as she uncovered the wound to examine it, unsure about the severity
"Did you clean this at all? Mh, if you try to give people orders here, they will absolutely ignore you. But if you want more responsibility, I don't doubt that you'll be able to find ways to climb the ranks.

"Do you? Want to lead again?"
Seren looked up briefely, to catch Sah's gaze and maybe scry what the future had in store for him. Was being a hunter enough?
SEREN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah's scowl turned into a playful glare. "It was implied." He insisted. But her insistence of his character had the flush returning. This time his ears as well as his cheeks grew a red tint. And there was that weird fluttering sensation in his chest again. Sah found himself looking over her shoulder, not quite about to meet her eyes. The compliment had been completely unexpected. "If you insist." Sah conceded, hearing Seren's willingness to fight.

As Seren eyed his hand she would find a rather deep bite. Thankfully Sah had been keeping it clean and dry, so although it was still mildly swollen, it was  not infected and appeared to already be scabbing over. "I've been tending to it regularly. I'm not a healer but I do know basic first aid." Sah had learned as soon as he came to Caido, refusing to not be able to tend to himself in his new, more fragile body.

Sah found himself humming in contemplation as Seren asked about his goals. Did he want to lead again? Meeting Seren's eyes, Sah gave a nod. "I think I would. If there were people and a cause with whom I felt connected to enough to want to take that role, I'd do it. But I don't want to lead just for the sake of power. Though I'll admit I do enjoy that aspect as well."
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
That color would creep over his face was rather unexpected. While she wasn't entirely sure what part he was blushing about, but it smacked of victory on her part. When she bowed down over his hand again, to examine and prod with gentle fingers, she was biting back a smile that just wouldn't be entirely suppressed.

"It looks good," she murmured, with her very limited expertise. "But if you want... I can do something about it? Make the wound go away." Warned off the impulsive acts of simply unleashing her magic on others without asking first, she looked at Sah for permission. Maybe he was the type to enjoy scars, and preferred to have it heal on its own? Maybe his magic had gone dark, and would prevent healing. Seren intensely disliked that idea, even though it was possible.

As for enjoying a position of power, and striving for it... he would hardly be alone. "I don't see anything wrong with that," Seren offered. Smiling up at the young wolf, her eyes glittered faintly in the gathering dark of the evening. Her thumb brushed across his palm absently, hardly aware of the gesture. "As long as you are aware of your liking for it, I doubt the power will be able to poison you."
SEREN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah looked at Seren with open curiosity. "You have healing magic?" Quickly eyeing their surroundings, he determined that no one was close enough to overhear, or to see things that were better kept private. having ensured their security, Sah gave a nod. "If you can, and it won't put you in danger to do so, then please." Sah didn't mind possible scarring. What had him eager was the idea of having full mobility in his dominant hand again.

Sah felt a small, unnoticeable shiver go down his spine when Seren ran  her fingers over his palm. He assumed that the injury was making the skin more sensitive. Doing his best to ignore the distraction, he listened as the demigod picked apart his words. Her faith was flattering and he found himself returning her smile. "I hope not." A mischievous tint colored his eyes. "And if it did, I have a feeling it'd be your turn to lecture me."
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
Laughing at his surprise, the girl nodded and offered him a sly wink. "I have many tricks up my sleeve," she reminded him. "This might be one of the more useful."

Casting a glance up towards the sky, Seren found it clear and darkening swiftly. A few stars had come out even though the sun was not yet completely set, and it was towards them that she turned her eyes. "Come forth," she whispered, the words barely a whisper as they passed her lips. A pointless cantrip, a little extra flair to make it easier.

The words sent a star tumbling down from the sky, straight towards them. It broke without a sound, without a sensation upon their joined hands, fragmented into glittering shards of starlight. No, not shards - butterflies. Blue of wing and lit from within, the swallowtails fluttered out across the meadow. For Lilly to chase and catch, perhaps, or merely to illuminate the scene, here beyond the reach of the party lights.

Only one butterfly remained, and as it settled on Sah's fingertip, the dust shed from its wings instantly had an affect on his bitten finger. Pain drained away, scabs fell off and the deeper tissue began to knit together. Soon, a faint ring of scarred skin was all that remained, likely to fade away as well with time.

Seren supervised with focused attention, and only when her summon took off to flutter after the others did she look up, rather pleased with herself. "There you go. All better."

"A lecture? No," the girl said, thoughtful as she regarded him. "If you ever become so enamored with your own power that you won't see yourself or your people clearly... I think I will just take your throne from you." Tilting her head to the side, Seren smiled - not quite joking this time.  

She made a move to let go of his hand.
SEREN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah watched in awe as the star butterflies came forward. "Beautiful." He whispered, watching them wide-eyed as the flew. Lilly was star-struck, following them as they fluttered. The pup reared up onto her back legs to gently bat at a few of them. Sah could feel her wonder through the bond, echoing his own. He watched as the final butterfly settled on his hand, letting out a quiet sigh as the wound fully healed. "Thank you." He whispered, looking at the undamaged skin with astonishment.

Sah's eyes snapped to Seren's at her words, the warning heard loud and clear. In the past, such a challenge would have had him snarling. But coming from her? Instead Sah felt his teeth bare in a feral grin, his eyes boring into hers. But the only thing present in them was pride in her, and surging approval. "Good." He stated simply before he blinked, the spell broken

Turning away, he whistled for Lilly who had wandered off a bit too far during her butterfly chase. The pup came racing back with a happy yip.
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
Sah's response was not what she had expected. Seren was not sure why she said what she did - a challenge, a threat, a simple statement - only that she meant it in every fiber of her being. When he smiled, a sharp-toothed and golden eyed response of fierce approval, her heart did a summersault in the chest. Fluttering butterflies came alive in her stomach too, it seemed, as she for the first time truly recognized the wolf in her friend.

Sah turned away, and Seren was left standing speechless. Bewildered - delighted? - she looked after the puppy as Lilly came bounding back. Any butterfly caught by bopping nose or nipping teeth had dissolved into stardust, glittering in fuzzy fur for a moment before dissolving entirely.

Only slowly did she return to her perch, pink cheeked and confused. Something important had just happened, but what? The cup was a welcome distraction in her hands; something to fidget with, and occupy her mouth with. It seemed all her questions had dried up, for now.
SEREN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
As Lilly returned, she bounded straight into Sah's lap before curling up for a nap. Sah gave a low chuckle, running a gentle hand over her side. Glancing up, he noticed Seren's blush with confusion but a kick from Lilly stopped him from commenting. Instead the silence helped him to remember one thing he had wanted to speak to the demigod about.

"There actually was something that I wanted your advice on. Remember how I mentioned visiting, ah, Her shrine? Well I've been second-guessing the idea a bit." Sah started, brows furrowed in concentration, petting Lilly to ground himself. "I still want to know both sides of the story and going and asking is my best bet. But... one one hand it might be too late. The tensions are already peaking and if I go now, it might be seen as choosing her side." Sah bit his lip, eyes worried. "And Deimos. He's helped me more then just about anyone in Halo, besides Ilma. I told him my plan, and he looked at me like...like I was already dead. Not like I was dead to him. But he looked at me like just going would end in my death."  

Sah let out a frustrated sigh, running a hand through his hair. "I promised to hear both sides and I always try to keep my word. I  still want to go. I'm just wondering if... if I'm too late to do so without serious repercussions."
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
She looked up at once when Sah's voice cut the silence. Relieved to be distracted from her jumbled thoughts, even by a topic as serious as the one he brought up, she turned her full attention on the issue.

"It's a difficult thing," she mused. Pulling her legs up to the chest, Seren leaned her chin on a knee. "I understand why you feel the need to speak with her. In any other case, you would be commended for listening to both parties before making a decision." Exactly the kind of quality that had made him a good leader, she suspected.

"I think... you should ask yourself why you need to hear the Voice. What do you want her to say?" Nibbling at her lip, Seren's eyes lingered on the young wolf's face. He looked so torn up about it all, and she wished she hadn't returned to her own stone. The space between their perches seemed suddenly a yawning rift, too vast to reach across. "If you expect her to explain her reasoning and actions to you, or hear anything other than what she wants you to think... I fear you might be disappointed."

What reason would a self-proclaimed goddess have to reason with a young outlander, whom she could not even ascend easily?

"And if..." Seren hesitated a little, fearing her words might be a bit too harsh. "If you seek her out, saying you wish for the truth while already being biased against her... then I would worry about you. Whether you would come home safely. Nobody would take well to that, it would be... very arrogant." The words burned on her tongue, so badly did she want to swallow them back.
SEREN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah hummed as he listened to Seren. "It's true that I'm not expecting anything other then what she wants me to think. The reason I'm considering going is that I have no idea what that is. No one has told me the story from any perspective other than the old gods. I don't plan to ask for her to defend her actions. I'm just trying to fill in the holes in the story so to speak."

Seren's hesitation had Sah leaning forward, getting the feeling that what she said next was important. His eyes widened as she finished speaking. He had been expecting the concern for his safety, but the arrogant comment made him pause. Brows furrowing, he contemplated the situation. "It's true that I'm bias and that that puts me at greater risk. As for arrogance, is it arrogant to want to not be bias?"

The second he finished saying that, he paused, a chuckle leaving him. Hearing his own thoughts out loud helping him see it more clearly.  "Oh hell. that is. It's impossible to remove that bias and it's horribly narcistic to go to a goddess at the brink of war for a history lesson. Especially when its about what drove the war to occur.  It assumes so much about self-importance." Giving another chuckle he put a hand to his forehead.

"Fuck. I didn't even think about that. I was so caught up in trying to understand Caido's history." He shook his  head with a sigh. "I still want to know though, so how do I go about that? Do you think sending a letter of my questions to the person I was supposed to meet with is a decent idea? It's still an arrogant move but at least I won't be invoking the rage of a goddess."
Sah