whatever, let's get lost on Mars
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Oh, empty my heart
That he did not immediately bite her face off was a very good sign, and Seren relaxed with a little sigh of relief. The expression only grew when her friend seemed to be second-guessing the decision he'd been so adamant about a moment before.

"You are important," she assured him. "To m- many people." Stuttering, she rushed on, color creeping up her cheeks - she'd almost said something completely outrageous. "Though perhaps in the big scheme of things... not as much as you used to be." Alpha no longer, the close confidante of Mune no more. The qualities were still there, and Seren had no doubt that her friend would still be worthy in every way of reforging connections like those... but he had time against him.

"I think a letter might be much wiser, if you think they would be truthful. You would be safe, and the other person get to be free with their words... though, of course you do lose out on the chance to see the Voice." A faint shudder at the idea made Seren rub her arms. She'd heard too many horror stories from her mother to ever want that, but... Sah was of course free to do as he wished. "I... do hope that you will get the answers you are looking for."

Biting her lip, the girl frowned down at her hands. "If you want... to get it done faster. My uncle is here. And his husband... You could try asking Nate, if you'd like. Perhaps he would be willing to answer." Though the notion made her slightly uncomfortable, clear in the way her hands balled around the fabric of the shirt.
I've got to make room for this feeling
SEREN
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895
I have never feared the storm
Sah gave a small chuckle, shaking his head again. "You're right." His smile turned a little cynical. "Remember the whole 'checking myself so I don't overstep' thing? That's clearly a work in progress." It was certainly an ongoing adjustment on his part. Sah was glad to have brought this up with Seren, her willingness to call him out was much appreciated.

"I'm not really expecting them to be truthful. I'm expecting to hear their view on it all, no matter how warped. The view they tell themselves and those that follow their beliefs. That's what I'm trying to understand." Sah elaborated. Noting Seren's change in body language, his eyes grew a bit concerned. "And frankly, I'm fine with not grabbing the attention of a goddess whose on the brink of war. Don't worry, ok? If I send this letter, getting a response from them will likely be all that comes out of it." He didn't want her to worry about him rushing into danger. Maybe in the future he'd have reason to visit the Voice. But sending a letter eliminated any current reason or motives to do so.

The demigod's increased nervousness made Sah inclined to wrap up the subject for now. "I think I'll just wait to send that letter. That way I'll actually address the person who was planning to bring me there. For now let's just enjoy the party." A slightly playful grin appeared in the hopes of distracting Seren. "And thanks for calling me out on my bullshit. Don't ever hesitate to do so."
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
She looked about to protest - there was a golden opportunity to have all this settled right here, why not take it - but the way he looked at her made her swallow it down. That she would not have to listen to Nate defending his chosen deity all over again was honestly a relief, and she very selfishly hoped that Sah would be settled once that letter had been sent, and received.

If he had to choose a side, she very much wanted it to be her side.

Perfectly willing to let herself be distracted, Seren returned the grin. "My pleasure. Thank you for not being offended by it. Same goes for you... You can tell me anything. Especially if it's something I don't want to hear."

Reaching for a small pastry from her plate, she lobbed it through the air for Sah to catch. Hoping quietly to herself that it would still be in one piece when he caught it.
SEREN
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah gave a crooked grin. "Deal." That settled, hopefully the two of them could avoid future insanity and or poor choices. Sah glanced up just in time to see a pastry flying at his face. Eyes going wide, he quickly caught it before it could smack him in the nose. Turning a playful glare at Seren he popped it into his mouth. "You could have warned me."

Lilly, who had gone wandering, returned and sat in front of Seren. Seeing food flying, she gave a small yip, standing on her hind legs to put a paw on Seren's thigh. Sah sighed. "Lilly, don't beg. And you can't eat pastry without getting sick." He gently scolded the pup with a fond smile before tossing her a bit of meat from his plate. The pup caught it happily before returning to beg for more from Seren.

With Lilly acting as a distraction, Sah grinned mischievously. He tossed a piece of bread at Seren in retaliation.
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
Laughing, Seren only winked back under the glare. "I thought you were paying attention," she retorted airily, and bit into a tart. Sweet berry filling brougth to mind the tangled shrubs that grew along the coast of Torchline, bright yellow and tangy even when coated with salt from the sea, and she hummed contentedly to herself.

Until a pleading puppy drew her attention. It was only Sah's admonishment that kept her from sharing her morsel; Seren quickly looked over her heaped trove for something more suitable. Alas, she had almost only sweet things on there. Sah's treat was better, and yet...
"I'm sorry, sweetness," she cooed regretfully, when Lilly returned to her. "All the wolfy snacks seem to be gone already. I don't think you should have honey toffee - it will glue your teeth together."  

She had her attention focused downward. When something came hurtling towards her in the corner of her eye, Seren's reaction was instinctual. Putting up a hand, she set off a gravity pulse and the item was suddenly drifting through the air rather than speeding. Made weightless, it landed quite sedately in the palm of her hand, and the girl raised a brow at Sah when she noticed the bread.

"Very generous. I thought wolves were protective of their food?" Smirking, Seren tore a chunk off the bread with her teeth. "Mh. It doesn't go wonderfully with the tart," came a disgruntled review.
SEREN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah raised a brow. "I was. Doesn't mean I was expecting a pastry to come flying at me." He couldn't fight the subtle twitch to his lips. He took a bit of his own food, more of the meat he'd tossed Lilly's way. The former canine certainly had developed a sweet tooth, but  nothing beat a good steak. Old habits die hard after all.

Lilly slumped slightly at the refusal. But she understood the reasoning well enough. She gave Seren's hand a lick before returning to her bonded and jumping onto his rock. Curling up for a nap, she rested her head on his hip. Sah began to pet her ears, lulling he to sleep. The Abandoned chuckled, shaking his head as Seren used her magic to defend herself. "Oh? So is that how we're playing it?"

He made a small gesture with his other hand and one of Seren's untouched pastries flew to his plate. Sah's grin was pure mischievousness as he took a bite of it. "We are protective of our food. But trades are ok."
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
"'One should always be in perfect awareness of ones surroundings'," Seren responded loftily, quoting one of her instructors. She absolutely could not keep from smiling however, and the impression was ruined by the way her voice threatened to break into laughter.

Sparing a tender glance at the tiny wolfling, she was distracted just enough that she missed the nuance in Sah's response. When a pastry was lifted from her plate, Seren gasped and made a grab for it, but was too slow. Gaping in outrage at him as he bit into her food - her food! - her eyes narrowed dangerously - if still somewhat playfully.

"Thief! Trades, you said. Very well."

Again her magic pulsed out, but with a different target this time. As Seren shifted up onto her feet, Sah would suddenly find himself pinned in place on the rock, as gravity came pressing down upon him. Meanwhile, Seren took a quick leap over to his rock, and snatched away his entire plate of food.

"Two can play this game," Seren smirked, and blew a waft of air at Sah's face before bounding off with a triumphant laugh, her bounty held high over the head.

Magic: Gravity Pulse | Can increase or decrease gravity within 15ft of her body. When used on herself she can jump higher/take larger bouncier steps/hover 10ft off the ground /etc, or root herself or something/someone else in place (Must have a str of +15 to move her/the item). Not effective against large structures like houses.
Type: Grey | Rank: Upgraded
SEREN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah's jaw dropped as Seren took off with his plate. Once he was able to move again, he stood up. Shaking his head, he gave a low, rumbling chuckle. "Not your smartest move demigod." He stated with a playful smirk  as he began to stalk after her. Sah didn't run, no. That's not how wolves hunted after all, not until they were within range did they sprint.

Catching onto her bonded's mood, Lilly gave a playful growl, tail wagging furiously, as she began to stalk Seren as well. The wolf walked a curling path around so she was coming from a slightly different direction. The pup preened under the approval and pride she got from her bonded as she joined him in their 'hunt' to reclaim dinner.
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
Seren did not run either. She already had quite the headstart and was several feet away already by the time Sah was freed from the pull of her magic. Strolling out across the meadow, she looked over the stolen plate to see what treats he had to offer in return for her pastry - not enough, she decided - and only looked up when she heard Lilly growl.

Twirling around, she walked backwards and looked suspiciously between Sah and the puppy. "Now, what are you two up to?" she accused. A thrill had begun to tickle along the spine, and it only intensified as she noticed the intense focus in both their eyes. Was she being hunted?

Glancing around, she found that there was very little to use for cover. Their gathering of rocks and the nearby party area with its light and music and milling crowd were the only shelters she could find. All else was rolling meadow, where grass and flowers swayed like rolling ocean waves in the gentle breeze.

Which... did not mean Seren was defenseless, of course. A quick glance upwards saw another star come tumbling down at her quiet command. Only, this time the shattering comet coalesced, not into butterflies but wolves. Two slender timbre-wolves, lit from within by starlight that trailed in the wake of their movements. They gave Sah and the puppy stern looks of distant apathy - soulless, conjured purely from magic - and moved to cover the young demi-goddess' back and flank. All her weak spots.

"Are you willing to fight for what is yours?" she challenged playfully, flaunting the plate like it was a prized treasure.
SEREN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah's smirk grew when he saw Seren's realization of just what he and Lilly were doing. And although the pair didn't miss a step, both of their eyes widened upon the appearance of the star wolves. Sah's eyes then narrowed at the apathy on the creatures' faces. It was unnerving to see such emotionlessness on what appeared to be living. Lilly in particular seemed to find them unnerving, but a rush of reassurance from Sah through their bond, settled her.

Hearing Seren's challenge, Sah tilted his head, his voice mildly concerned. "Will harming them hurt you?" He wanted to be sure that the game would stay just that. His lightning was already beginning to spark along his skin, even in his new body the action was instinctual.
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
That the wolves would make them pause she had expected, but not perhaps for the reason Sah voiced. Warmth bloomed in Seren's chest at his concern, and she smiled fondly down at her creations. Brushing a hand against a very solid, very temporary fur-clad back.

"No," she reassured him. And if her smile was tinged with sadness, it was easy to miss in the gathering dark. "Not in the slightest." Perhaps if it did, she would be more comfortable with the ways she used them. And more careful.

But this was only fun, right? The lightning that began to crackle and zap along Sah's arms made her eyes widen in delight. Quite eager to see what he would do against these opponents that, while similar to what he used to be, surely had to seem both small and stunted in comparison. They were just wolves, after all. Not the large, winged beings of his kin.

A wide grin was spreading over her own lips, eager and... almost a little hungry. It felt like ages since she'd been faced with a real challenge.
SEREN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah felt a bit relieved that attacking the wolves wouldn't harm Seren. That having been established, he and Lilly were on the move. During the talk, the pup had rounded around the back of the group. The taller grasses and shadows giving decent cover for the small pup. Once she was within range, she leapt for one of the star wolves. Her small jaws aimed straight for the throat of the entity.

As soon as Lilly leapt, Sah rushed forward as well, planning to shock the other wolf as soon as he was within 5 feet of it. He also kept his eyes on the demigod, preparing himself for any potential attacks from her as well.
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
If Seren had been serious about protecting her stolen goods, this could have gotten ugly really quickly. But as it was, she was more concerned about seeing Sah in action than actually turning this into a real fight. As such, the wolves were given the command to only defend her.

Lilly's attack landed quite successfully, much to Seren's surprise. The star-wolf yelped and dissolved into a cloud of shimmering dust, much like the butterflies had. A similar fate awaited the one Sah had targeted; as lightning struck, his opponent howled in defeat and electricity arced between the scattering detritus of its demise, like heat lightning in a clear night sky.  

"Well done." A little awed, Seren kept her eyes on the young man, to see what he would do next. She had options of course. She could disappear, or float up beyond his reach. She could summon more wolves too, or something more dangerous... but she did not.

She only waited, tingling softly with anticipation.
SEREN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Lilly sat down and wagged happily at her victory and at the surge of pride and affection being sent her way from Sah. The Abandoned had been surprised to see the star wolves go down so easily, but he didn't question it. Instead he walked closer until he was just a few feet from Seren. Holding out his left hand he made a 'come hither' motion with his fingers.

"Now are you going to give me my food back or do I have to test your hand-to-hand combat as well?" His grin was an open challenge. If Seren wanted to try a magic-less spar, the offer was out there. If not, Sah might just have to try and break her concentration somehow to get her to drop the plate. That would be a last ditch effort  however, as the plate would likely spill.
Sah