whatever, let's get lost on Mars
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Oh, empty my heart
Blinking as Sah withdrew, Seren followed his gaze down and had to smile at the eagerly wagging tail on the puppy. For some reason it was more awkward to be in this half-held state than wrapped close in a proper hug. Intensely aware of every move Sah made, she focused her attention on Lilly, arms coming down so she could pet the companion. The lick hit her squarely on the nose; giggling in surprise Seren wiped off some of the drool and bent her neck slightly, so she could nuzzle her face into the soft fur.
"Little gremlin," she murmured affectionately. "She's much softer than Umbra".

It should be strange, standing like this. Tangled up in an open field, doing nothing. Being so close. But it was nice, and if this was strange then Seren did not even care. Inching closer, she slipped her arms back around Sah - and now the puppy too - and settled her head down on his shoulder with a sigh that was both contented and very deep. Like a mountain was being lifted away.

"This is nice," she murmured. Not quite brave enough to look at Sah's face.
I've got to make room for this feeling
SEREN
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 53 - Luck: 42 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 1450
I have never feared the storm
As Seren nuzzled Lilly, the pup gave a happy yip. She was very pleased to be part of the cuddle. Sah gave a warm laugh, the sight doing weird things to his heart. "Much softer. More willing to cuddle too." He teased slightly, ignoring the odd sensation. Feeling Seren draw back into his hold, this time holding his pup as well, made Sah let out a content sigh. He rested his temple on the top of her head, simply enjoying the moment. When Vai had explained that humans weren't very physically affectionate, he'd been devastated. So used to curling up with friends and family alike for comfort, the forced distance ached.

But having a friend like Seren who was willing, and even initiating such contact, was a welcome surprise. Sah felt immensely grateful to have befriended the demigod. Relaxing, he only just barely heard her speak. But Sah heard her, and the words made him smile gently. "It is."
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
"He's usually not that bad," the girl objected, leaping to the defense of her companion. ""He's just so big, and... Oh no."

She would have been perfectly content to stay like that for the rest of the evening. But something niggled at the back of her mind, like a dark cloud drawing ever closer. On the horizon a dark shape was approaching on rapidly beathing wings, so dark that only the dimming of glittering stars told of its passing. A roar, while still distant, spoke of indignant anger and possessiveness. Sentiments that echoed in Seren's mind, and would not be quelled no matter how she tried to soothe and reassure.

Eventually, Seren heaved a sigh, laced with annoyance this time. "Sah... have you ever wrestled a dragon before?"
SEREN
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
The second Sah heard Seren say 'Oh no' he acted. "Hold her please." He requests, already handing Lilly over. he pup gave an indignant yip but didn't struggle. At least this way, the pup wouldn't be caught in the crossfire.  Lilly secured, Sah backed away until there was a good five feet in-between the two of them. Eyeing the sky warily Sah sighed as he answered. "Not in this form. Any tips?" He asked, half humoredly, but half seriously. The Abandoned's eyes were scanning the sky for any movement his magic already humming in his veins, ready at a moment's notice. One hand was already on the hilt of his sword.

Sah really didn't want to fight Umbra, beyond the fact that he honestly didn't know who would win. The dragon was Seren's companion, the the Outlander really didn't want to be on bad terms with the hatchling. But it seemed that the dragon's possessive nature was too strong. And so, Sah prepared himself as best as he could, ready to defend himself.
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
Not... not in this form? The answer made Seren blink. Accepting Lilly, she stroked the puppy's ears as soothingly as she was able, and watched Sah back off with a worried frown.
"Watch out for the claws. And try to get him on his back, if you can? I'll distract him, so he won't use his fire. I'm really sorry, Sah. He has stopped listening to anything I say... none of my threats are taken seriously." Likely because the dragon knew she would never actually do any of them. Leave him somewhere, never speak again, sever the bond - all impossible things too horrible to bear.

Whatever it was that had Umbra's tail in a knot, it was in full reign by the time he came swooping in. He had grown even larger since the last encounter with Sah. In only a season he had exploded into what must surely be his full height, and what he lacked in bulk was made up for in length. Tall enough for the shoulders to reach Seren's hip, from head to tail the dragon was longer than Sah was tall, with a wingspan to match and sharp silvery tines running along the spine that would definitely hurt to grab hold of.

Seren's distractions seemed to work, because though there was an attempt at starting up a breath of flame it sputtered out as Umbra shook his head, annoyed by whatever images the girl kept throwing at him. He still came sweeping down towards the young man, wings spread wide while the rear legs curled up to aim a sharp kick at the former wolf's chest.

No punches were pulled; this was serious.
SEREN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah eyed the dragon swooping in, eyes boring into reptilian ones. He could read the bloodlust there, and the intention to kill. And so Sah acted with equal ferocity. Timing this the best that he could, Sah ducked just as Umbra's claws came close. Rolling under the dragon, hand on his sword, he had it drawn and active before he even stood. The blade doing it's job to channel his basic lightning magic across it's edge. Without hesitation and before Umbra could turn, Sah acted.

With a snarl, he drove his sword, electricity sparking, straight into Umbra's wing where it met his shoulder. Using the moment, Sah took his other hand, lightning active there as well, and slammed his palm into the back of the  companion's neck. Using his weight and sword to pin Umbra down.

Thoroughly fed up with this dragon's attitude, Sah lead in and spoke. He channeled every bit of the Alpha that he'd been, that he still was and growled out his words. "Enough." He ordered, his voice leaving no room for arguments.  "You will stop this. If you weren't Seren's companion, my sword would be in your neck. Do you understand me?" His magic was still active, body tense, ready to leap off and defend himself if he had to.
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
She didn't want to watch this. She couldn't look away. Mounting tension had Seren shaking where she stood, cradling Lily in arms that felt numb from fear. There was so much wrong with this picture. The murderous rage in Umbra's mind was wrong, not at all like the sweet, patient creature she had come to know him as.

With heart beating like a drum in the chest she watched how Sah ducked and rolled. Drew his sword, and -

PAIN!

It ate through the dragon, and the girl bent double, gasping for air as the sensation traveled through the bond and flared into her own mind. Sah's voice was a soft snarl, close enough to have been growled into her own ear - but it was the dragon who was pushed to the ground, the dragon who screamed, the dragon's claws that tore at the ground.

The threat meant very little to Umbra. The sword meant little. Even the deep wound in his own wing meant nothing. It was the sight of the girl, kneeling on the ground with tears streaming down her face that made him grow limp.

A low, keening whine started up in the depths of his blue chest... and with a quiet thump Umbra let his head fall to the grass. The eyes that stared up at Sah were wild, full of bewildered disbelief - he had lost? He had lost, to a two-legged little ground walker of a bond-stealer.

What could be more humiliating?
SEREN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah grit his teeth, guilt sending shocks of agony through him as he saw Seren drop. Lilly let out a heartbroken whine, doing her best to lick away the demigod's tears. Though the pup herself was shaking from the overwhelming emotions running from her own bonded. His rage, guilt, pain, and sorrow.

But even so, Sah's eyes didn't leave the dragon's. He didn't trust Umbra not to try anything just yet. But Sah did gently remove the sword from the dragon's wing, keeping one hand still on the nape of Umbra's neck. His lightning had gone out the second Umbra had whined. Starring into the dragon's eyes still, his own held a feral tint. Sah's expression was stern, the same one he'd often had on after a challenge to his authority back home. Despite what the dragon may think, the Outlander wasn't normal. Two-legged he may be now, there was no changing the creature he was inside. The sooner Umbra learned that, respected that, the better.

"When I let you go, this will be over. You'll never challenge me again unless I actively, purposefully hurt Seren. Understood?" Sah snarled out. He wouldn't let the dragon go until this was resolved. Sah wasn't about to take the  risk of releasing the dragon only to get a face full of fire the second Umbra was free. Though this entire situation made Sah feel sick.
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
To stay where she was and not run over to the fighting males was possibly the hardest thing Seren had ever done. Umbra was bleeding, and her hands ached with the need to heal him. Sah was still tense, still hovering over her companion, and she wanted to soothe him too. Only the small, vulnerable pup in her arms kept Seren from interrupting, and the frantic, anxious tongue lapping her cheeks mirrored every sentiment within her.

Slitted pupils stared daggers at Sah. There was tension within the dragon still, uproar raging within a chest like thunder. He did not want to yield. Only Seren's pain and despair echoing between their joined minds kept him listening at all.

Please.

Navy nostrils flared, smoke trailing in hot, dark clouds as though a volcano lay at the heart if this creature.

Please. He is my friend, too.

Something in the bond-stealer's words caught the dragon's attention then. Never again, unless...?
Umbra blinked slowly. Scaled eyelids slid shut, then opened again. Weighing the young man that pinned him to the ground.

A question passed through the bond, from dragon to girl. Seren looked up, relieved even at this brief contact - it was the first real communication they had done for a while.

"He wants to know..." she began weakly, hesitating as she tried to interpret the dragon's thoughts in a way that made sense. "He asks if... you are a protector, too? No, sorry. If you too will protect... er, me." She managed to blush even now, embarrassed to have to say something so... But it seemed to be very important to Umbra, so Seren pushed the words out anyway, in a voice that barely carried.
SEREN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah's eyes widened briefly as Seren's words reached him. His gaze on the dragon going soft, fond even. The Outlander now understanding exactly where this was coming from. And so, Sah loosened his hold, muscles relaxing as he responded. "Yes." The statement firm and unyielding. But something nagged at him. How comfortable he already felt with Seren, what he'd been willing to do on their first meeting to ensure she protected herself, and even how something about her was almost familiar. It suddenly dawned on Sah. He'd been treating her like pack. Somehow the demigod had established herself as pack. His pack. His to protect.

Oh. Sah amended his answer upon this realization. "I'll protect her with my life." He stated solemnly, fully genuine. "And you as well, if you'll let me." Umbra was Seren's companion, her bonded. If Seren was pack, then so was the dragon. And although Sah knew he was no longer the Alpha he was, and likely never would be, he still meant every word.
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
There was a long, searching stare from the dragon. Drawn out, as mercurial eyes searched the two-legged spark-sprayer's soul for truth.
"I don't need to be protected," came a weak protest from Seren. The dragon ignored her, going so far as to huff a derisive snort that smacked of 'yes you do'.

Finally, a deep sigh rumbled from the dragon's chest, and the thunder stopped. The tension bled out along with the heated air, and when he finally relented it was with a gruff grunt that almost sounded like 'oh fine then.' With a bit of imagination.

"You don't have to do that," the girl protested again. Having staggered to her feet, she came padding over with Lily in her arms, unable to stay back any longer. Splitting her upset glares between boy and dragon alike, the look on her face could only be called pouty. Why was it that no one here listened to what she wanted?
SEREN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah's lips quirked into a small grin, but he dared not laugh. Fully removing himself from the dragon, he stood up. "I am sorry though, for your wing. And for distressing your bonded." He whispered to the dragon as Seren approached.

Once within reach, Lilly all but leapt into his arms, the pup shaking as she nuzzled into the crook of her bonded's neck. Sah let out a soothing rumbling noise, nuzzling her head. "Shh little one. It's ok, I'm aright. It's alright." He whispered to her until her shaking subsided enough that Sah felt comfortable enough to turn his attention back to Seren and Umbra.

At the demigods protesting words, Sah did chuckle. "It's not about you needing to be protected. It's about being there for you, to watch your back." He insisted, having no doubts of Seren's abilities.
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
Umbra snorted again, but whether it was in acceptance of the apology or dismissal of the whole affair was impossible to tell. The moment Sah removed himself, the dragon rolled up onto his belly and snaked the long head back to lap a tongue at the deep injury.

"Stop that." When Lilly lept from her grasp, Seren immediately turned her attention to her own companion. Instinct took over where sense might have inquired about Sah's health first, and without even pausing to think the demigod summoned her critters for a second time this night. A flock of starlings appeared this time, chirping melodically in the still of the evening. Umbra snapped at them, still testy - the girl swatted him over the nose until he allowed one of them to settle on the shoulder and begin heal the wound.

"Of all the stupid, miserable things to do," she scolded all the while, pawing away residual tears - of relief, now that the pain was ebbing away and a deep rift between herself and her dragon finally seemed possible to mend. "You could have killed him, you big, logheaded idiot. This day has been long enough without this. First Sunjata and his interrogations, and then Maeve, and now you."

Only when the wound had closed, and Umbra could lick away the lingering blood from his scales, did she regain enough clarity of mind to respond to Sah's comment.
"I... well. I appreciate that," she murmured, and got to her feet. But while she came over, and her fingers twitched with a desire to reach out for him, she held herself back. Unsure if such a thing was welcome anymore. "Sah, I'm... I'm so sorry. You shouldn't have had to do that. Or make that kind of promise. It's my fault for being a poor handler, and yet..."

Seren stared at the ground before her feet. Exhausted, weighed to the bone with guilt for putting her friend through this. "Are you alright?"
SEREN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah could practically feel the stress coming off of Seren. And although the Abandoned still didn't really like Umbra, he was glad to see that the dragon was ok. As Seren went off it was clear that the day had been a rough one. Interrogation? He'd have to ask about that another time. His friend was dealing with enough right now.

As Seren approached, Sah did catch the twitch to her fingers, reading her intention and hesitation. He gave her a small, timid smile, exhaustion coming off of him as well. "I'm alright. And at least it's settled now. I'm sure you and Umbra will figure out your balance eventually." Hopefully it'd be soon. It was true that Seren needed to get a better handle on her dragon. Umbra had the potential to be devastating, but now wasn't the time to discuss it. It was clear that Seren was at least aware of the issue now.

Seeing the lingering guilt and exhaustion, Sah gave one last glance at the dragon, debating his next move. Sah didn't trust Umbra in the slightest but he was determined to reassure his friend. Sah then let out a deep sigh, and reaching with the hand not holding Lilly, he gently grasped the back of Seren's head. Bringing their foreheads close, he rested his on hers. The Outlander's eyes met his friend's as he spoke. "It's ok. I don't regret my promise, I intend to keep it." His eyes closed, his expression pinched with guilt. "I'm the one whose sorry for hurting your companion, for hurting you."
Sah