whatever, let's get lost on Mars
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Oh, empty my heart
This was not how she had wanted the night to go. The fun, the laugher and the dance had all been trampled like the flowers of the meadow, until only the memory lingered like fading essences in the air. Why did they always have to end up like this? Once was a mistake, twice a pattern in the making - one that Seren hated.  

"You are too kind, you know that?" she murmured. He should be berating her, at the very least. Yet there was only understanding, and kind fingers threading into her hair to bridge a gap she hadn't been sure could be mended. The breath Seren let out as their foreheads came together was slow and trembling, whispering of relief that had to do with far more than promises or forgiveness. She nearly flinched at the pain in Sah's voice, and immediately shook her head in a tiny gesture, so she wouldn't jostle him.

"No, please. I am grateful. You did more for the both of us than I ever had the right to ask. You didn't hurt me." Reaching up, she cradled the side if his neck and cheek in her hand. Her thumb brushed along his cheekbone in a shy, soothing gesture. "How can I make this up to you?"

Where he lay, the dragon closed his eyes and turned the head away. Surly, feeling left out - and very aware that the blame for all of the storms clouding the light in his bonded had an origin in himself.
I've got to make room for this feeling
SEREN
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 53 - Luck: 42 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Online
Change author:
MP: 1450
I have never feared the storm
Sah let out a small sigh, shaking his head slightly. "Only towards those that I care for. I've been told I'm merciless towards others." Truly, somehow the demigod had warmed her way in instantly. If this had been a stranger's companion, Sah would have been out for blood. Both that of the companion, and their bonded.

Seren's words brought genuine confusion to the Abandoned. "Grateful? What for?" He genuinely didn't understand. What about him stabbing her dragon had helped her? But as Seren cupped his face, his confusion was replaced with calm. Sah found himself leaning into the touch, closing his eyes for a moment, only to open them at her question. How could she make it up to him? This certainly was too big of a deal to simply brush off. Sah had to think for a moment before an idea came to him.

"Two things. First, an IOU. A single favor that I can cash in at any time, no questions asked." That was decent enough as he really wasn't sure what to ask for on the spot. But more importantly, the second thing. Sah glanced at Umbra, and then at Seren. "You need to work with Umbra. You two are bonded,  and although you are individuals, you need to be more in sync." Sah's brow furrowed. "Umbra may be small, but he is a dragon and he could do serious damage to someone. You both need to trust each other more. Right now, you're treating him as if he's just a friend you have. Not the part of you that he is." Sah explained softly in a non-berating tone.
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
It really should not have been a surprise at this point, but Seren still felt heat rise to her face at Sah's declaration. She let other people into her own heart so easily, and yet it always stunned her to find that others might do the same. He cared for her... That was the implication, right? Lowering her gaze, she bit her lip to hold back the smile, but could do nothing about the quiet happiness that shimmered across her face.

At his confusion, she grew a bit more serious, and looked up, searching for his gaze.
"You stayed," she explained, the single statement so riddled with meaning - she wondered if he knew how much. "No one would have blamed you if you wanted nothing to do with me or Umbra, after what he did last time. But you came back, and you faced him again, even though you didn't have to. And you are still here. Sah, that's... you didn't leave us alone." Turning emotional on a dime, Seren blinked rapidly and breathed deeply, suddenly needing a moment to steady herself. It stunned her to realize how afraid she had been, that this would end their friendship. It could have. Maybe it even should have... yet there he was. Swearing oaths and sharing breath like they had never been anything but close.

A girl would be excused for being swept of her feet for far less.

In the face of such generosity, accepting his requests required no thinking at all. Seren nodded immediately, accepting without hesitation that she owed him big time. The second clause... made her glance off at Umbra, a troubled frown suggesting that this stumped her somewhat.
"I don't know how to do that," she admitted, though it galled her somewhat. "He is his own person... I don't want to take away his free will." She could not, and not only because threats were empty and pointless. "But I promise I will try, Sah. I'll do whatever I have to. This won't ever happen again, I swear it." There was something desperate over the girl's vows, that begged him to believe her.
SEREN
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah's eyes widened as Seren's grew serious. He hadn't even considered leaving, the option not even on his mind. Sah was never one to run from danger. Especially not when it came to friends. To be fair, Sah  hadn't expected Umbra to be that aggressive towards him. But thankfully the affair seemed to be settled. The Abandoned would still watch his back around the dragon, likely forever. Unless Umbra proved himself trustworthy. But that was up to the dragon now. Sah wasn't going to initiate anything.

Seren's turn of emotions, had Sah's brow pinching in concern. But her oath soothed him, and he found himself nodding. As for the demigod's worries, Sah tried to help. "I believe you and I'm not asking you to take away his free will.  You are both individuals and that will always be a fact. What I'm asking you to do is to get to know him beyond that of a mere friend. You two are bonded for life, your minds joined. You have to understand each other down to the core. What drives him, worries him, his interests and goals. His fears, priorities, etc. And he should know yours." Sah gave a small, encouraging smile. "Spend time together, just the two of you. Let each other in, so to speak. Me and Lilly spent the time going home to Halo to do so. Perhaps you two could take a trip too?" He recommended.

Although Sah had met people on his trip home, he'd spent every waking minute with Lilly. Playing with her, talking with her, teaching her how to be a wolf. It'd solidified their bond and connection rapidly. Granted, Sah had the advantage of Lilly still being a pup, and a wolf. He shard her instincts, even if his were muted now that he was human. But hopefully Seren and Umbra would have similar luck.
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
It had been a very long evening, with too many things happening all at once. Seren was always emotional, it was her nature, and now her nerves were raw, right there in the open. It was a fortunate thing indeed that Sah was not prone to lashing out, and that he apparently liked her. Being told off right now... would hurt.

Instead, he kept offering support and advice, and Seren absorbed it like a sponge. His suggestion mirrored something she had mentioned to Maeve, and she nodded thoughtfully. "Perhaps a trip would be a good idea. I planned on testing my new portals on the way home from here... but maybe we should take a little detour." There was a lot of Wild territory between King's End and Stormbreak. And with her new ability to go where she pleased... It wouldn't even have to take that long.

"Thank you," she murmured and offered the young man a smile, her gratitude sincere as the lifting spirits were bright. "You always give such good advice. I'm starting to believe you really were a leader." Poking out her tongue, it was a poor attempt at a jest - but there all the same. Seren had never actually doubted his claim.
SEREN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah was glad to hear that Seren was considering his idea. He truly hoped that the demigod and dragon could sort this out. "That sounds like a good plan." He noted, in full support. But Seren's little jest brought a playful scowl to his face, although he was glad that she appreciated his counsel. "Oh. So you were in doubt?" Sah teased back, grateful to change the tone of the evening.

During this, Lilly had wiggled out of Sah's arms. And while the two humans spoke, had made her way to the dragon. Channeling every bit of righteous anger, the pup sat down right in front of Umbra's nose. Lilly had a surprisingly fierce scowl on her face as she glared at the dragon. Catching on to his bonded's plan, Sah whipped around. "Do NOT Lilly." He called, getting a huff from the pup. Simply raising a brow, he added. "What are you going to do pup? Bite him? He's covered in scales. It's your mouth that's going to be hurt." Lilly gave a whine at that, still furious. Sah was mildly afraid of how vividly the puppy was planning to torment the dragon. Afraid, but also impressed. Before the little wolf could enact justice Sah gave a sharp whistle, leaving no room for argument. With one last look at Umbra that promised later retribution, Lilly returned to Sah's side.

Sah eyed the pup incredulously as she sat at his feet. "Don't try to bite a dragon. Please." He stated, still concerned about the anger rolling off of the pup. Lilly's ears went back in annoyance. Clearly portraying  a look that said, 'Well how else do I hurt him?'  The Abandoned let out a heavy sigh, returning to glance at Seren. "I don't know about you, but I'm exhausted. And this meadow is looking far too tempting." His eyes went to the night sky above them, the countless stars shimmering. Making a decision, he flopped onto the grass.  "Want to lay down and look at the stars?" Sah asked looking up at the standing demigod.
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
Smirking, Seren held up her hand and measured out a small distance between finger and thumb. "Little bit," she agreed. Because leaning into the joke was far more fun than defending herself.

She had just started to relax when Sah's sharp command and a faint line of annoyance from Umbra had her spin around alongside her friend to see what was going on. It was all she could do not to laugh at the sight. The tiny, furry ball of indignation seemed impossibly small against the hulking form of the dragon. Lilly would probably fit quite snugly in Umbra's open jaws, and it was only good fortune that kept him from demonstrating this.
But the dragon never had anything against the wolf cub. His consternation was more puzzled than truly offended, and he didn't even move from where he lay, with chin flat against the ground. All Lilly got for her threatening growls was a huff of smoke blown her way from flared nostrils - white and wispy, more steam than anything acrid or foul.

Biting the inside of her cheek, Seren hunched down to hold her hands out at the little companion. "That's right, you tell him, girl," she whispered. "Maybe you can make him understand what is right and wrong better than I. Can you forgive me, for putting your Sah in danger?" The outstretched hands was a peace offering; to bite or ignore, or accept as the little one pleased. She would take it, whatever came.

Sah tumbled to the ground beside her then, proclaiming exhaustion, and Seren blinked down at him for a moment. "You will catch a cold if you fall asleep like that," she pointed out. But it did look very inviting... and after only a moments consideration she sank down into the grass herself. It was tall enough that she could barely see Sah when stretched out, and she kept some distance between them. With all the hugs and touches that seemed inevitable between them, Seren was gradually losing some of the trepidation such things usually invoked in her. But she still didn't know where the limits were, what was too much... Only an arm flung out in Sah's direction suggested that she wasn't exactly withdrawing, so much as trying to respect boundaries.
SEREN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah simply chuckled at Seren's joke. When it was offered, Lilly sniffed Seren's hand. Without hesitation, she gave the demigod a lick. Her tail wagged as she nuzzled the offered hand happiy. Lilly was sending a very clear picture message to Sah that had him laughing. "She says ditch the dragon, keep the demigod." More specifically it showed Umbra waiting outside their house while Sah, Lilly, and Seren relaxed inside by the fire. It seemed Umbra would have a harder time winning over Lilly, then winning over Sah himself.

The Outlander smiled when Seren joined him in the grass. Relaxing, the looked at the night sky. Not a single cloud in sight, and no fires too close to dim the light of the stars. It was beautiful and Sah let out a content sigh. After a moment, he turned his head to glance at Seren. "Your mom is the goddess of the stars, right? Does that mean you know the constellations?" His tone grew curious. "Caido has different stars then my home-world. So I've always wondered about the ones here."
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
Seren laughed outright this time, chest full of warmth for the little furball. "Maybe I should at that," she agreed, and laughed again when an offended huff from Umbra made it clear the dragon had heard them.

Settling down, it took many long breaths before the tension could bleed properly from her limbs. For a time, the girl kept her eyes closed and tried to recover from the whirlwind of impressions this night had offered. Barely even started, and so much had happened; this clash with Umbra really was the icing on the cake, and she had no idea how it could even be salvaged anymore.

Sah's question was what made her look up, head lolling aside to glance from him to the sky overhead.
"Mh? Yes, she is. Safrin, Lady of Stars. Herald to Vi, the god of Life. I know some of them. Not all, mind, there are far too many for that." Reaching up a hand, she traced a pattern with a finger. "See those stars that form a line over there? And the two that jut to the side... That's the Warrior. Dad showed me that one recently."
SEREN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Lilly wagged happily at Seren's agreement. And Sah couldn't help but smirk slightly at the dragon's disgruntlement.

Turning to the sky, Sah's eyes went to where Seren was pointing. He was bout to tilt his head when a sudden weight on his chest for forced an "Umph!", out of him. Lilly had decided that she wanted to stargaze too, and that the best place to sit was right on top of her bonded. Letting out a small chuckle one he caught his breath, Sah turned his gaze back to the sky.

Spotting the collection of stars, he tried to puzzle it out. "The Warrior? Why is it called that? I can picture the line as a body and the two side ones maybe as hands?" Sah tried to see the image painted in the stars.
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
Recalling what she had been told, Seren hummed thoughtfully. "I think he was a real person, once. A champion to my mother, the way father is now. The first one, perhaps, though I'm not sure. I don't know the story... but he must have done great things, for Mother to place him in the stars like this."

Would Ronin end up there too, one day? Would she? Or would her end come with an invitation to Mort's halls, to be with her mortal sisters? It was a question she could wait a while to have answered.
"Apparently this constellation can be seen from every corner of the sky."

Letting her hand thump back into the grass, Seren turned her head when quiet footfalls in the grass announced Umbra's arrival. Having tired of lying alone, he came slinking like a thief, half expecting to be chased off again. With a soft sound slipping from her throat, Seren extended a hand for her companion, and grunted when he thumped down next to her, head coming to rest like a solid weight on her belly.
"Big lug," she murmured, and ran a hand over his scales. Supple, warm, occasionally sharp enough to slice her fingers open if she wasn't careful; he sure was a handful.

"What kind of constellations did you have, in your home world?" she asked, tilting her head back over so she could sneak a glance at Sah.
SEREN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah's eyes grew wide. "From every corner? That's incredible. The ones back home always seemed to rotate with the seasons."  The idea of constellation always being present was a bit mind-boggling. Sah couldn't help but tense slightly as Umbra approached. Lilly too, folded her ears back, eying the dragon with blatant disdain. It took her bonded running a soothing hand down her back repeatedly to get the pup to stop contemplating murder long enough to look back at the sky.  

Using the question to distract himself, Sah also turned his attention back on the stars. "Ours too had stories behind them. Legends of great beasts, heroes, and times long since past. My favorite was The Guardian. A constellation found just above the moon during the height of winter. It was a winged wolf, said to be the resting place of the first of my kind. She was sent into the stars similarly to that of your Warrior." A slight smirk came to the Outlander's face. "And other species, even humanoids told her tale."
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Oh, empty my heart
"Most of ours do, too. I think this one is just special," Seren mused. It was the provenance of Safrin to decree what stars would go where and when, after all.

She busied her hands with soothing the dragon, who upon Lilly's warning growl had tensed up. Hurt was a needling pinprick in the heart of her soul-bonded, and in her quiet communion, Seren tried to explain to him that it was only to be expected. He had attacked Sah. What if Lilly had tried to bite her - would he be so quick to forgive?

Sah's mention of the Guardian wolf caught the girl's attention. Wriggling around until she lay on her side, with Umbra's head cusioned on a rounded hip, Seren propped herself up on an elbow to better see her friend.
"How does the story go?" she asked eagerly. "Will you tell it? Please?" Stories always had her hooked. The more magical and outlandish, the better.
SEREN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
"That makes more sense. Still incredible though." Sah mused as Seren elaborated on the Warrior. Both wolf and Abandoned relaxed somewhat when Umbra made no aggressive indications. Still, neither fully let their guard down with the dragon being this close.

Sah felt a surprised chuckle slip through him at Serens' eagerness. "Alright, alright. I'll tell you." He hadn't expected her to be so curious about it. To be fair though, Seren seemed to be one of the most interested in his home world. And so settling further into the grass, he ran his hand over his now curled up pup. Eyes on the stars, he began the tale.

"Mune , the Goddess of the moon was said to have ruled her domain for an eternity alone. The constant work of the changing moon, the rhythmic tides, and seasonal changes taking up nearly all of her time. Many gods had their favored people and creatures, but the Goddess had never made such choices. The range of her domain making it difficult to pinpoint a single such species or group. But one day she stumbled upon an injured wolf. One that had given it's all to protect it's pack, it's family, but still lost them. Mune saw herself in the wolf, the determination to protect and aid, and the loneliness and loss that she had seen over her years. And so, Mune chose to save the wolf. Pulling the wild magic out of the world around them, as well as a shard of her own soul, she  imbued the wolf with magic." Sah explained, gesturing with his hands as she spoke. This was a tale that each of his kind held near and dear to their hearts.  

"As the magic settled, the wolf changed before Mune's eyes.  She grew in size, grew wings, and became a creature of wild magic. One with an affinity for the stars themselves. Gaining the intelligence of humans,  she thanked Mune profusely. Though asked what she was to do without her pack? Mune decided that she would create more of these magical wolves, a pack of them. That they would be her chosen, to fight and laugh beside her. Her first created wolf, the wolf of the stars became the first Alpha. She and Mune ruled for years until she eventfully died of old age. And upon so, Mune placed her old friend in the stars, so that she could continue to watch over her pack, all of my kind." Sah finished, staring at the stars wistfully.
Sah