There’s a Reckoning A’Comin
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE
we're stars now, can't you see?
the center of the world is lonely me
Up until recently, Nate had always made a point to avoid the Ark, to stay as far from Jack’s way as possible. They’d had their... issues, there was no reason to poke, and this was one of those places where he’d managed to actually lève it, to let something scab over enough that they could work together.

The didn’t mean he was overly happy about being in Jack’s office again.

He frees an arm from the tight knot over his chest, reaching out to gesture for Jack’s wrist, his eyes on the Captain. “Gotta say I appreciate this.” Doesn’t understand it, not really. Just enough to be distantly worried about what debts he’s racking up for this.
every time i almost die i feel so alive
why would i ever be more careful?
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
i want to taste you again
Some things are bigger than debts. Not many things, granted, and probably not this. But it’s getting to be a close thing, with all the bullshit piling on Torchline’s doorstep. And with the Governor(s?) more interested in burning boxing rings, in personal vendettas and family ties with gods, the islands cannot possibly be in their best interests. So if Jack can tick a few boxes and solve a few problems, perhaps Nate and Sunjata will be so kind as to govern the place when they get a spare moment.

Knocking back the rest of his drink and setting the glass down on his desk, he steps up opposite Nate and holds out his wrist, the previous marks upon it shining silver on his tanned skin. ”Don’t waste it,” he advises. ”I leave at the end of LongHeat, so ain’t ‘til the cold season that the offer’ll come around again.”
like a secret or a sin
JACK
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret:

Magic: Passive Telepathy | The user can read the surface thoughts and emotions of those within a 30ft radius. Control is excellent. Note: "Thoughts and emotions" include anything written in a character's narration in a post.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Also branded with a small star tattoo beneath his left eye.

Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE
we're stars now, can't you see?
the center of the world is lonely me
Nate hesitates a moment, gaze moving to search Jack’s face for something, his mouth a tight line. “’M not the kind of man to just waste a chance like this.” He says, voice too clipped to match the grin spread across his lips. They both know he’s a liar.

It’s not much, but Nate has the decency to lean down this time, instead of dragging Jack’s wrist up to his lips. His teeth break skin, and the ascended does everything he can to tamp down his own reaction, finding it surprisingly easy considering the circumstances. The bite last a breath, just long enough for Nate to get what he needs, and then he straightens again, rubbing at his mouth.

Thanks again.” Comes the soft mutter, before Nate steps back, turning to leave the cabin.
every time i almost die i feel so alive
why would i ever be more careful?
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
i want to taste you again
”Oh, I’m sure,” Jack drawls in response. There’s something refreshing about them both knowing Nate is a liar - there are very few people Jack can be (ironically) honest with in that sense. The captain glances away as Nate leans down, and it’s over before it ever really begins, like the most unsatisfying sexual encounter Jack can imagine. Still, it leaves the colour high in his cheeks and, as the other man steps back, he lifts his wrist up to lick away the blood still flowing and stem the bleeding.

Stepping back as Nate turns to leave, he slumps back into the chair at his desk, lips still pressed to his wrist while the other hand is already unfastening his pants; unlike Nate, the results of their little encounter are not so easily brushed off. ”Always a pleasure to do business, Governor,” he mutters. And then the Ascended is gone into the night, leaving Jack to work out his frustrations alone.

Rude.

~FIN
like a secret or a sin
JACK