Mini Event see through
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
You're good at looking at me like I'm see-through
Another day, another demigod task to be done. Though Remi's time in Halo asking for help with the Greatwood had been more or less a success (insofar as no one died and Deimos, Hotaru, and Aisha had all offered their aid), Remi was fairly certain the Greatwood has not received any new permanent residents.

Would she today, after this? No need to cue up dramatic music. The answer is very likely no.

Sitting in the middle of the Plaza, Remi yawns as he ruffles a hand through his curls. As he had been doing in Halo, he'd brought with him plans for some invention or other that he was currently working on. Dressed in a loose-fitting shirt to help ward off the heat, the alchemist adjusts the sunglasses that cover his eyes as he begins to sweep a piece of charcoal across the paper he's brought in a wide and sweeping arc.

ME for anyone who wants to move to the GW to help defend against the ascended!
remi
Styling stolen from Sky (obviously)
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures
"Good afternoon, Remi."

Finn has seen the notices in passing, has told himself he would not come to the Plaza today. And yet he is here, because like opposing poles, he finds himself drawn to places where the alchemist remains stationary, orbiting him closer and closer until they are within speaking distance.

There is a difference today, though. Finn, dressed in a white t-shirt and a pair of pants that are definitely not suitable for the office, sinks down to sit opposite the other man in a patch of shade with a squirming baby lolling against his shoulder.

Ever is busy dribbling quite fantastically against the side of Finn's neck, his wild mass of curls a picture perfect copy of his father's. And Finn, while exhausted, looks perhaps more steady than he ever has in his life.

"What are the benefits of living in the Greatwood?" he wonders. "I only recall being lost."
FINN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Lost in his work and fairly uninterested in the shadows that indicated people are passing through the plaza, Remi starts abruptly to hear his name said, but only because of the voice who says it. Perhaps one of the last people he'd expected to see here today, Remi's lips part stupidly as he blinks up at Finn, unable to help the way his heart has hammered into his throat. It has made his tongue go dry and his fingertips feel cold and...is he holding a baby?

'Uhm.' Great start. "Hi Finn."

Frowning at the baby bonelessly moulded against the Spyglass, Remi sets down his charcoal without attempting at all to hide his surprise or confusion. "Is that..." yours? real? He doesn't quite know.
remi
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
He is holding a baby. And it's precisely for that reason that Finn doesn't latch onto the fact that Remi hasn't answered his question, Finn instead settling further in the shade, reaching up to let his son grab hold of his finger before he can grab his curls instead. He moves with an ease which suggests this is not the first intervention he's held against the babe's vice-like grip, offering a tired smile to the alchemist.

"That is my son, yes," he murmurs. "His name is Ever. It is short for Everest - an Outlander mountain." And Ever doesn't seem to mind the name so far, not that Finn believes he would have much of an opinion about it currently even if he were asked. "What are you working on?"
FINN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
I'm going to have a baby, too Remi nearly blurts out, choking on the words before they can slither past his lips. There's something unfairly charming and sickening about seeing Finn with his son, that has Remi's cheeks flushing and his eyes darting back down to the papers before him.

"Ah. How..interesting. Not all Outlanders come from the same world, you know." Remi points out, sounding just a touch defensive for absolutely no reason at all. At Finn's question, the alchemist's eyes focus on the sweeping lines of charcoal that he's marked the white page with. "Skyboat routes. I...well, that is, my son and I have made one. Are making one." He hastily corrects, flushing all the more and pulling in an exasperated breath as he silently wonders just what in the actual fuck is wrong with him.

"I didn't know you had a son." He mumbles stupidly, glancing across at Finn and Ever.
remi
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 12 - Int:
LEVIATHAN - Mythical - Dragon (Air Blast)
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Seraphina
the artificer
it's cold, it's dark, it's deep and it's wet
and you ain't gonna make it if you don't let someone in
Oh, how late she is to this gathering. She likes to consider it fashionable, however, as she bounds into the Plaza, a grin wide on her face that only pauses as soon as she sees Finn with a baby. She’s practically brimming with energy – her curiosity on the possibility of setting aside all of her fancy things here in Stormbreak for the experience of living in the Greatwood and helping wherever she could, put on hold for a small, chubby cheeked child to greet.

She’s practically bouncing from foot to foot, flashing a brilliant smile at Remi as she arrives. “Hello again, Remi.” She greets, immediately sidling up next to the demigod. “I’m interested in the possibility of moving to the Greatwood to help.” She informs him with a nod, before her eyes immediately focus on Finn and Everest. “But first, hello Finn! And who is this?” She asks, her smile still bright – excitement palpable in the air.
darlin', darlin', why don't you sleep at night?
the colder the heart, the warmer the gun
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
Unaware that he's either charming or sickening, Finn can only carefully adjust the babe lolling against his chest, Ever gurgling something that's undoubtedly very amusing against his neck. "Oh, yes. Everest is a mountain from a place called Earth. I'm afraid I can't recall how high it is or the meaning of the name..." He should, given that it's the name of his son, but something something sleep deprivation.

Stormy eyes light up with interest to hear about the skyboat routes - it isn't heights that bother Finn, after all, just deep and foreboding waves that tend to exist at the bottom of them. But then Remi is blurting out something else, and Finn flushes as well this time, his hand grazing over Ever's back in a gesture that is somehow both protective and affectionate. "I only found out I was going to have a son when I returned from Torchline at the end of Flowerbirth," he explains.

And right on cue, Seraphina appears, Finn thoroughly taken aback by the ray of sunshine that comes swanning into their somewhat subdued meeting. "Good afternoon, Artificer. This is Ever. Are you... alright?" People being gooey over newborns is not something he is used to.
FINN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
You named your son after a mountain you know nothing about..? The question is nearly out before Remi realizes that Finn might not have been the one to name the child. It almost hadn't dawned on him at all that there was someone else involved in this child's life. "Oh well...That sounds like a nice name." Remi doesn't offer his congratulations even now, still too stunned for reasons he can't properly wrap his mind around.

"Hey, Sera." Her interruption is as welcome as it is jarring because it gives Remi a chance to focus on something else other than Finn and a baby. Or well, not just Finn and the baby. "You would consider moving to the Greatwood?" Remi can't help his surprise. For as clever and down-to-(err, not earth, but you get the idea) as Sera is, it hasn't escaped the alchemist's attention that she does make the most of living in Stormbreak.
remi
Stevie Frances

Age: 37 | Height: 6’1 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
DARWIN - Regular - Blue Footed Booby
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
Stevie

Fashionably late as always and careening through the plaza like a cyclone in heels, Stevie rushes on long legs to the gathered mini party out of breath and flushed up her neck and into her cheeks. Her smile is wide and dimpled despite her general disarray, and Darwin is clutched like a feathery football under one arm.

"Sorry we're late! Skyboat to the Greatwood hasn't left yet, huh?" Plopping Darwin down where the boobie waddles off immediately, Stevie plants her hands on her hips and scans the trio in front of her. There's a weird air going around, but oh shit that's a cute baby! "Aw, little tyke! You moving the family?" Attention like a fly on a string, Stevie turns back to Remi. "Sooo would we need to build houses or do we need to learn to climb trees?" She's been living on her own for years now, but Stormbreak is boring and full of people who like to iron their shirts and coordinate their hand towel colors. Not really Stevie's speed.
when nothing works, you feel surrounded
Gotta give your feet some gravity to get you grounded
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
The grin that meets Finn is bright as it is completely ignoring the implication of why she wouldn’t be alright. “Of course I am!” She chimes quickly, her dark gaze scanning Finn. “I’m very happy for you Finn.” She murmurs, leaning forward to see Everest a bit more closely, practically beaming at the round cheeks of the baby.

She doesn’t ask to hold him, though, not as Remi’s question is aired and she turns back to the Lullaby for the more official business – the real reason why she’d shown up today.

I am quite interested in that, yes.” She assures Remi with another bright grin. “I’ve spent my entire life in Stormbreak and worked on its architecture… I think I could learn a lot from nature, don’t you?” She asks with a tilt of her head, leaning toward Remi to nudge him with her elbow a bit playfully, before she withdraws back into her own space. “Of course it would be an adjustment.” She trails off as Stevie appears and Sera’s gaze is bright and playful as she looks to the other woman.

Perhaps it is a good thing the Artificer is considering moving to the Greatwood if these are the types of things they’d need. Though she doesn’t doubt Remi’s ability to help out with it, she does imagine Ludo’s demigod has many more important things to do than sweat all day while building homes for people.
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
This is rapidly becoming a group affair, which - yes, that's exactly what Remi's notices had indicated it would be. Only managing a small smile to the newcomer, Finn hasn't the time to even consider an answer before Stevie's attention is away again. Shifting Ever in his arms and nodding between Remi and Sera, the Spyglass carefully gets to his feet. "I won't keep you from your work," he tells the Lullaby, offering him a gentle nod.

"It was good to see you, Remi. And you as well, Sera. I will see you around." And so, as spontaneously as he had arrived, Finn ducks back out from beneath the shade of the tree to continue his stroll with his son, planning to head back home sooner rather than later to get out of the heat.

Finn out! <3
FINN
Anju Rao
Captain

Age: 31 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 10 - Int:
RIYA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
Anju

Ironically Anju has been in the Greatwood for most of the season. She has returned with Riya to restock on things from her apartment - clothing, preserved food to stock what they hunt fresh, more oil for her weaponry. Remi’s notice had been seen as she was returning, and after a moment of hesitation (socializing isn’t her idea of a good time) Riya makes the choice for her by bounding over to the gathered individuals in the square.

Sera is a familiar face, and Stevie as another born and raised Stormbreak native, but Remi is unfamiliar in terms of personal interaction. Riya arrives with a preening neck and a churr of greeting to the girls and the singular demigod. “Hello,” she says stiltedly as she arrives, readjusting her hold on her satchel. “I have been in the Greatwood in Ludo’s orders for some time now, and have enjoyed it. Are you seeking to move people there more permanently?” Anju had been surprised by her love for the place, but she could certainly be convinced to move - if she could overcome her feeling of somehow betraying the Dragoons in doing so.
I am a kamikaze
Lonelier than a patriarch labeled liar
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'Uhm—' Remi's jaw clamps closed against the words that press against his teeth. Swallowing them back, he nods clumsily in Finn 's direction as the Spyglass recedes back into the throng of those who pass through the Plaza.

Trying to recalibrate from Finn and his son to the influx of women, Remi blinks in Stevie 's direction, flashing her a crooked if not slightly flustered smile. "It has not no, mostly because my husband has not yet built it." He and Ronin had spoken of a Skyboat dock in the Greatwood, but with so much going on as of late, neither of them had done much more than casually mention it over dinner. Taller than he was, the alchemist chuckles at Stevie's question. "You would certainly have a hard time living in any of the fae houses. But cabins are easy enough to throw together if you do not want anything too complicated. And if you do..." He shrugs. "Many hands make light work." So saying, another Remi appears behind the alchemist, giving the woman a thumbs-up, before disappearing again.

Whatever one might think of Seraphina based on her appearance, the alchemist can't help but find a kindred spirit in her desire to continue to learn and not remain stagnant. "The fae certainly have some interesting ideas about architecture. Everything is built into the existing landscape. It's rather ingenious." Or so he thought, anyway.

Recognizing Anju only from the strange monster that they'd brought down in the Temple, Remi's expression turns moderately more professional as he nods. "That is the thought, yes. My orders come from Ludo as well...with the ascended so close it would like more of a stronghold to be maintained. My thought was that by simply filling the Woods, it might deter any sort of attack in virtue of being present." With only the fae, the Greatwood was vulnerable as the ascended had proved more than once.
remi
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
Hey Anju.” She chimes as the dragoon arrives, flashing a bright smile and a small wave – her attention flitting between all the girls as Finn makes his leave and takes the adorable baby with him. A shame, perhaps she might visit before she leaves fully.

Her attention returns to Remi as he responds to her, though, her smile still bright and the way he knows exactly what it is she’s after is incredibly appreciated. “I would love to find out.” She agrees softly, sitting back on her heels a fraction as he speaks to the rest of them.

Well, I don’t know about you all but it sounds like a perfect time.” A grin is shot toward Stevie with that one, before she’s looking back at Remi. “Is there anything we should bring to move there more fully? I can always help build accommodations.