bite down on my winchester
Isla <333
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
the flood
i'm nothing more than a page unwritten
on the pavement, blowing in the wind
His voice is something that seems like the moon, nowadays. Something that waxes and wanes in whether it’s here or not. Today, however, is one of the rarer instances of it feeling slightly better, as if he might be able to talk without it giving out on him. He fully expects it to crack, but that’s fine. He’s sequestered himself away, down the cliffs of Aumakua, closer to home and halfway to the lighthouse, settled there with his feet hanging over the edge, peering down into the watery abyss.

Had it really only been one season since he’d fallen over the edge? Since he’d dropped into the waves and resurfaced a few short days later? Had it really only been a few weeks after his homecoming that he’d gone and fucked Safrin and ruined what should have been a nice, quiet Longheat?

Yes. Yes it has. And now with the state of everything, the governor sits perched on the edge of the cliffs, staring down into the abyss, with Haai settled in at his back, eyes trained on the house. That’s when she spies a certain blonde, one that she recognizes from Sunjata’s own mind, and one that whether Sunjata wants to talk to anyone or not, she grabs her attention with a sharp, loud, boom of a bark. “Hush, Haai.” He grumbles, turning to look over his shoulder to see her.
you win a lot, and you lose
just a little bit more than you gained in the end
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061

Isla has already seen Sunjata, even before Haai lets out a bark to inform her of their presence. She has seen him because she's been looking for him, the medic approaching the edge of the cliff with her hands in her pockets, offering a gentle smile to the Flood. "Hello, Sunjata," she murmurs, not so presumptuous as to sit down without being invited, instead offering a friendly pat of greeting to Haai.

"I'm sorry to bother you - I won't take up too much of your time, I hope." There's no real way to get around it with any decorum, and knowing Sunjata, when Isla speaks he'll already have some idea about what she's going to say next. "I need to speak to you about Nate."

ISLA
when it's just the two of us, only the two of us, I could die
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Isla’s already approaching by the time Sunjata turns to look, the woman quite close as he shifts to return to staring out over the moonlit ocean. “Hello, Isla.” He replies quickly, even if his voice cracks in it’s hoarseness. He nods to the space beside him should she wish to sit, but even if she doesn’t he doesn’t find it in him much to care.

It’s okay.” He tells her by answering the idea she’s bothering him. She isn’t, so far, but his gaze does lift from the ocean waves to meet her face as she mentions that it’s about Nate. And he nods, working his jaw. “So you’ve noticed it too?” It’s a quiet admission, one that has him lowering his gaze back to the water, taking an inhale of breath, nodding for her to continue.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

She winces at the rasp of his voice, having expected the rich timbre she'd become accustomed to in their previous meetings. "Are you unwell?" she wonders, shifting to sit with him as he indicates that she can take the space beside him. He says he's okay, but she's more than practiced at reading it for what it is in her profession, offering little more than a warm smile and a nod of understanding. Besides, they're here to speak of other matters.

"I'm afraid to say that I have," she murmurs, keeping her voice quiet even though there's no one around to overhear them. "I used to see it sometimes in soldiers, after they had returned from the battlefield. He seems very manic, very nervous. Is that the same as what you've noticed?"

ISLA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
I’m healing.” He supplies as she moves to sit beside him. “Breathed in a lot of toxic fumes on a Grounds expedition to find the prince.” He had been the only one it had affected, namely because he was the only one that needed to breathe. But he was healing, slowly, getting there with the help of Nate and trying to be gentler with it.

She wastes no time in launching about Nate, though, and he hopes she can see the way his shoulders loosen their tension, the way his head ducks a bit between his shoulders. “Yes.” He offers quietly, inhaling through his nose. “I don’t know how to bring it up or talk about it… It isn’t… Something we’re good at.” Neither of them. They talked when they were fucked up or through body language, through hiding their faces to hide the shame of everything, to not want to be seen because it was easier that way. And if someone looked too close? Well, then they’d get bit.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:

"Ouch," Isla murmurs sympathetically. "I'm glad to hear you're getting better. I'll do my best to keep this brief, and you can just nod or shake your head if it's easier than talking." And so it begins, the medic listening carefully as Sunjata explains. She keeps mental notes, not having thought to bring anything to write with, tapping her heel against the cliffside absently.

"Is this recent, then?" she asks. "Or has he been like this before and gotten through it?" It's with a sad smile that she nods to him; there's no judgement, just an understanding that this is how it is for them. "Honestly, even if you did know how, I am not sure how far you'd get. I tried to ask about it, but he is quite skilled at deflecting away from it." Being a doctor himself probably helps, too.

"I did invite him to the infirmary in the Hollowed Grounds for a couple of days, to help me at the clinic. I thought it might break the cycle of... whatever is feeding this."

ISLA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
She’s always so versatile for him, helping him whenever he needs it eith easy to follow instructions that have him breathing easier despite the shit show of everything else. He knows there’s more to be said to explain in some instances, but if he can start off with the quiet little nods or shakes of his head, it makes it infinitely better.

So he nods, to agree to the questions, before she’s diving in. He nods again at the mention of it being recent but something that comes and goes. It’s always had the underlining of being there but now? Now it was face first, unable to be ignored. “It’s happened before. This time it’s worse.” He supplies, leaning back against Haai as she sniffs at Isla some more.

When you ask him the hard questions, don’t look at him. It’s easier.” He offers her in case it helps, it’s what he’s learned helps him too. “There has been a lot in the span of a year.” He frowns, scratching at his bearded chin. “LongNight, getting captured and tortured by my father, what I did to him, then the clinic and ring burning.” His shoulders droop a bit more. “I think… He thinks about it constantly. So we’re paranoid at what else is going to happen. What else is going to go wrong.” He admits, going slow to take his time with it.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:

"I see," Isla murmurs, nodding but not sounding surprised. She imagines Sunjata wouldn't be quite so calm (relatively so) in describing everything to her if this had been the first time it had happened. In the meantime, she smiles softly to Haai, reaching out to let the gryphon sniff at her hand and investigate further if that's what she wants to do.

Sunjata is more helpful than he knows, and Isla gladly takes on board any snippets of information he is able to give, and she furrows her brow to hear the list of all that has happened to the two of them over the course of the past year. "That is... a lot," she agrees. "That is more than any soldier I have ever treated." It's an easy admission, because it's stark and true.

Glancing to Sunjata now, she offers him another, softer smile. "Is that why you're sitting out here tonight?" she wonders.

ISLA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Haai is more than content to relish in Isla’s attentions, a puff of smoke slipping from her maw as she licks at the medic’s hands, while Sunjata remains leaning into the comfort of his companion. And when Isla mentions that it’s more than any soldier she’d treated, there’s a part of him that feels validated by it. Being seen in the ways of it not being a tantrum but being so overwhelmed and broken by everything else. How many more things could sit upon them before the earth gave out beneath them?

Yes and no.” He replies quietly. “Not… Because of Nate. It’s because of everything else.” He sighs, legs swinging a bit over the edge as he leans forward, bracing his arms on his thighs and turns his gaze from the ocean to Isla. “Just wanted to try and clear my head. I think the infirmary for Nate is a good idea.” He tacks on, working his jaw. “He’s… Going to need something to focus on if he can’t get fucked up.” A shoulder rises and falls, because Nate’s coping mechanism was a lot like Sunjata’s own, except he thinks his husband could use some time to not have to constantly let the paranoia in.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:

The attention is given willingly and happily to Haai, Isla scritching under her chin and letting a smile bloom across her face at the smoke that curls up from her maw. Only as Sunjata leans forward and glances across to her does she withdraw her fuss with one last scratch behind the ear, focusing instead on the Flood. "I suppose you and Nate have both been through a lot over this past year," she agrees with a nod.

"If only we could still get fucked up," she laments with a smirk that's only half playful. "Still, there is always Frey's room, if you two both wanted to take a night off from all of... this." Isla waves a hand at the rolling ocean, the Torchline lights, the islands clamouring for attention while the rest of Sunjata's personal life caves in on itself. "I know I have needed it, especially after what happened to my infirmary."

Still, between the room and the medical clinic, perhaps Nate could gain a little ground back when it came to his mental health. "Are you going to be alright, if he leaves for a few days?" she asks. "I ask partly because I care about you as well, but also because the last thing Nate will need is to pick up your pieces after he's just put himself back together." If it even works.

ISLA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
They have been. And it’s difficult to have to withstand it and have people wonder why they don’t react the way other people do, when they’re already waist deep (if not more) in trauma, waiting for the next bout to sink them further. But she laments with him, something that has him nodding – a realization as if he had forgotten it, and Sunjata works his jaw a bit lighter. “I heard about that…” He trails off with a quiet sigh. “I’m sorry you had that happen to you.” And if she meets his gaze, she’ll find all of his understanding with what it feels like, to have a place that was yours, destroyed for some reason or another out of your control.

The idea of Nate leaving for a few days, whether Sunjata would be okay, has him nodding again – gaze pulling away to look out over the ocean again. “I’ll go with him for a day.” He says softly, if for nothing else but to use the room, try to blow off some of Nate’s steam, before returning home. It’ll be different this time, because rather than having to worry himself sick about whether Nate would be okay, he’d know where his husband was. He’d know that he’d be safe in the Grounds – perhaps the one place left for them that was safe.

I’ll be okay.” He has to be. “I have my daughter to keep myself together for, so I’ve got no other choice than to be okay.” His head tilts back toward Isla, swaying a bit as he leans his shoulder toward her. “I just need a moment to compartmentalize it all.” Also known as: I need a moment to craft a whole new mask to wear because the other’s been shattered far beyond repair.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:

Isla waves him off, though her smile is kind; this isn't about what has happened to her infirmary, this is about Nate and all that is causing him to come apart at the seams. So she nods to hear Sunjata will join his husband for a day in the Grounds, feeling her shoulders relax somewhat. "I think that will be good for the two of you. And I think you should probably go soon. As you said, things have a habit of happening all at once, so snatch the break before the next thing comes along."

Which is exactly why Sunjata has to compartmentalise, she realises, Isla's smile growing a touch sad as she reaches out to give his shoulder a gentle squeeze. "You are a lot stronger than you think," she murmurs, before letting out a long sigh. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

ISLA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
His shoulders slump a fraction as the tension is relieved, as he stops working his jaw for the moment, the realization that she’s right in how he should spend some time to focus on trying to help Nate rather than self sabotage again and again has him reeling a fraction. How often had he done it? Simply took Nate’s words at face value, not dug any deeper because it was easier?

He finds his gaze falling to the waves below them once more, pressing his back against Haai’s warmth. “I will arrange for it.” He agrees, a confirmation. What was a day in comparison to the weeks on end here, burning out again and again?

As for him, though? Her shoulder touches a tense shoulder, one that relaxes as she gives it a squeeze and he sighs quietly through his nose. “I’m… Not sure how to bring it up, room or no room.” He murmurs, tilting his head again to cast a glance toward Isla. “Do I just… Charge into it? Keep poking at it even if he tries to change the subject?” Shaking his head, a humorless laugh leaves him. “I think I might be the only one that could do that.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:

It's settled, then, and Isla leaves the specifics of it for Sunjata to arrange. With luck it will mean that Nate gets the help he needs and the space to think - and perhaps the Flood will get a bit of relief from it as well, by proxy. Letting her hand drop from Sunjata's shoulder, Isla gets herself comfortable and crosses her legs as she peers off over the sides of the cliff. "Sometimes we need to be cruel to be kind," she says slowly; even knowing it's true doesn't mean that Isla likes it.

"You know it's an issue, and you need to be the steady one, if he's having a hard time staying grounded. Stay calm, but firm. He can't figure this out unless he admits it's happening, but no one can do that apart from Nate." She shrugs her shoulders. "You just need to be the safe place where he can do that, if he wants to." Because he might not want to - something they're likely both aware of.

ISLA