Wessex
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Wessex,

Firstly I’d like to apologize. During our last meeting I let my stress of the recent events get the best of me. I was looking for enemies and manipulations where there weren’t any. I was inexcusably rude and unnecessarily suspicious. For that, I apologize.

Secondly, as much as I hate it, I won’t be able to go to the Voice’s shrine. Things have grown too tense for it to be safe. Beyond that, I’ll admit my bias against her. That bias would make me seeking her out with my questions incredibly arrogant. And so, I was hoping instead you’d be willing to answer my questions via correspondence? I’ll admit it’s still an arrogant move, but at least I hopefully won’t be wasting the time of a Goddess. And if you find it a waste of your own time, you can simply ignore this letter.

Regardless, what I was hoping to ask. I’ve heard the history of Caido, of what led to the war from the Old God’s perspective. Everyone who has told me the story has given it in a view tinted favorably towards the Old Gods. I was hoping that you’d be willing to tell me the story as you understand it? The story of how an Abandoned became a Goddess, separate from the Old, and how and why that Goddess was then imprisoned, only later to break free. The story of Caido’s Gods more or less.

Thank you for your time and considering my request.

Wishing you well and the best of luck in the coming storm,

Sah
do the stars
shine bright
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Dear Sah,

I’m not sure what you mean by it being too tense to visit a shrine. Is something happening in Halo? Do I need to protect the shrine? If so, I can simply appear there and no one will know you said anything to me.

Are you being threatened?

Appreciate the apology. As for the rest of the letter, it seems you’ve made your decision which is a disappointment. I thought you’d at least keep your promise to be open-minded, even if it wouldn’t change your mind. But if your heart and gut is telling you to go ahead and kill Ascended, then by all means, listen to it.

If that’s the right choice for you, I wish you all the best. And if that is the right choice for you, then I’m not sure what the point of the story of Caido’s Gods is - will you believe anything I have to say, if it differs from all your other sources? You want to know but… you can’t control your arrogance long enough to have a conversation? Is that really the story you're going with?

I’m happy to go with you to the Voice so she can tell you herself. And if you’re afraid of her - keep you out of harm's way.

Let me know either way.
Wessex Theskyra
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Wessex,

I’m not being threatened thankfully. But it’s clear that plots have begun, many of which seem to have ties to Halo. I don’t know any specifics unfortunately, only rumors and speculations. I am worried about the attention that I might bring to myself, and my new companion should I seek out the Voice.

And I’ll admit that I am also afraid of visiting Her when I already have such bias. I want to hear her side, but I fear that visiting her in such a state would be offensive. I worry about coming across as demanding answers and explanations form a goddess. Even though that is as far from my intention as can be.  If you truly believe that she would still answer my questions when I am already biased. And that I would still be unharmed, then I would still like to meet. But as soon as possible. Before things get worse.  

-Sah
do the stars
shine bright
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Sah,

I understand. Or, I’m trying to. There are plenty of ways to ask without sounding demanding and like I said in King’s End, you wouldn’t be the first to come looking for answers - even Ascended question her.

I’ve got some things to wrap up before Longheat comes to an end, but I can meet you at the Fangs shrine the first day of Leafchange. Unless someone’s watching you closely, I really don’t think anyone’s going to question you heading towards the mountains. Dress warmly.

Thank you for keeping your word.
Wessex Theskyra
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Wessex,

Thank you for understanding, it's appreciated more than I can articulate. It'll be good to finally get some answers, a relief even. Jumping into a new world on the brink of war has certainly been an experience. I'll meet you at the Fangs in a few days time. You're probably right about it being safe enough to take a trip to the mountains. Perhaps I still haven't fully wrapped my mind around the fact that I'm no longer a key player in world conflicts, as I was back home.

Good luck in wrapping things up. I'll see you soon. And again, thank you for agreeing to this.

-Sah

-{FIN}
do the stars
shine bright