sorry seems to be the hardest word
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
right now everything you want is wrong
& right now all your dreams are waking up
It's a nothing place, comprised of grey sands that stretch out long into vistas that blur into an ocean that threatens rain to fill itself. The light is greasy and pale; even though it's his mind that has created this, Remi is off-put by his surroundings even though he makes no effort to change them. This is a hollow place, devoid entirely of life.

With his arms folded across his chest and his jaw set, he turns his face into the breeze, wondering what sorts of winds these are. He isn't so naive to think that Sunjata will come here with an easy solution and offer of forgiveness, but at least in this place that's so clearly unreal, death is off the table.
The Lullaby
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
the flood
there was a moment, a hole opened in the sky
a chance to join that pantheon
The grey dreamlike expanse Remi has crafted, does not stay the same at all. Not as soon as he nears Sunjata’s own dream, an infection that leaks out and immediately begins to change the scape from a lifeless space, into one perhaps too bustling for Remi’s expectations. The white leaks away into storm clouds, rain pelting along the sidewalks of the city of Korofi, flowing into a river by a bridge (yes, the very same that Sunjata had been thrown off 22 years prior), that courses and rushes with a roar. The buildings themselves are tall, in some places as tall as the spire off in the distance. But this is the border to the slums, the border that leads to the underground.

And this dream? Well, it’s one of the better ones for Remi, one that has a distinct amount less trauma than the rest of the lot.

Cars drive past the Lullaby, a couple of motorcycles that weave in and out of the potholes of puddles. On the other side of the bridge there are patrol cars that pass, ones with flickering lights and armored sides that almost appear to be searching for someone.

One of the bikes, however, stops by Remi — some of Sunjata’s subconscious coming back to remember what this was for. The bike stops, Sunjata shuts it down, and he moves to stand from the bike and pulls his helmet off. Remi would be able to see that Sunjata’s younger, not quite as scarred or inked as he is now. He might also see that the Flood is clean shaven beneath the helmet as it’s removed.

He gestures for Remi toward the rail above the water, one where he heads to and scans the water below before he turns to face the Lullaby, swallowing hard. “This is Korofi, in case you’re wondering.” He begins, pausing to work his jaw. “So… You took Hotaru.” Here his voice isn’t painful, here he can talk as he always had. It’s relieving, truthfully.
for all the times they never heard your battlecry
now be an angel, sing along
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
It's a world full of things he can't comprehend. Knowing that it's a dream is what keeps his hackles from raising, even as the noise of traffic rings in his ears and he's nearly mowed down by a car that thunders by. What a crosswalk is, Remi has no idea, nor why the man in the car is angrily shouting at him to cross in one, but it sets his heart hammering just the same. Running his tongue along the bottom edges of his teeth before setting his jaw, the alchemist steps back and up onto a curb as he's approached by a shiny object that purrs like thunder. That it carries the Flood is perhaps not as surprising as it should be.

"This is..where you are from?" Remi wonders, sounding far too conversational given the reason for his appearance in this strange face. It doesn't last, the feigned camaraderie, as he's forced to nod. "I did, yes. I visited her in a dream to see if she needed anything. That is when I learned she was in jail." It hadn't been premeditated, not that that likely meant much of anything. But it wasn't as though Remi was here to lie or obscure any of the details of what had happened.
The Lullaby
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
It is.” He says simply, chewing on the inside of his cheek, looking out over the edge of the bridge. “That house up on the ridge with all the gates is where I grew up.” In this dream his father absolutely exists. In this dream, he’s still on the run, and perhaps that’s why when the next patrol armored vehicle passes by, Sunjata turns a bit more fully toward Remi, blocking himself from the sight of the cars that pass behind him.

But they get into the grit of it, Sunjata wiping away some of the water that’s collected on the rails he stands beside, before he leans against it with his elbows. “We were questioning her. She pinned the entire thing on Deimos so we chose to hold her for her own safety. But then Deimos disappeared from Halo and Morgan and her guards can’t find him.” There’s a sigh that leaves him, his head tilting back to look back at Remi. “You have really complicated things.

Where Sunjata had thought there would be anger in the face of this? There’s not. It’s just exhaustion, defeat, sorrow.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Glancing up at the house on the ridge, Remi scarcely knows what to make of it. Scaffolding partially obscures his view given the many buildings under construction, and it has him entirely disoriented. "Ah. He mumbles uncertainly. Remi had grown up in a wagon, sleeping beneath it when the rains came, or spending his days in whorehouses where the women fed him scraps. "It looks...nice?" He ventures.

"Her own safety." Remi replies flatly, raising a brow. "If she was not safe, then you could have let her go back to Halo. There is no shortage of this sort of crime in Torchline. This was personal for you and Nate. Imprisoning her was too far." He points out, trying to sound reasonable but very much assuming it would fall on deaf ears.

Shrugging about Deimos, Remi just folds his arms across his chest. "Deimos is not my concern. I have already heard you have banned him from Torchline. What else is there?"
The Lullaby
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
It isn’t.” Sunjata replies immediately, before he’s twisting to face Remi with a quiet sigh as soon as the question is aired. His steel gaze is tired as it is devoid when he scans the Lullaby’s face, mulling over the words offered. “Her safety from placing the ball in Deimos’ hands.” He offers with a shrug.

Does it even matter anymore?

Also, she attacked my Arbiter.” Was it unprovoked? No, but Sunjata still believes that it’s cause enough. “I have witnesses that saw her there. Her story doesn’t match up to what they saw.” And lastly? Well, he’s quieter as his gaze drops to the river waters below, reaching up to wipe the rain from his face as more cars pass by.

Of course it was personal, Remi. She felt as if we didn’t care about her and that we moved on after I told them of Kamaria. She stabbed me and she left on her own. On good terms. And then I come back to rumors that her and Deimos targeted my Guild and my boxing ring to burn them at the same time the Wren Society burned? How is it not personal?” His gaze lifts then, blinking back the rain that splatters against his cheekbone.

Banning them from Torchline though, that’s all they can do but given Deimos’ invisibility it seems futile anyway. “I can ban them and I will, but how does it matter if Deimos has invisibility? He could still be there hidden from sight and nobody would fucking know.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Ah." Remi says, as if he understands, despite not having a clue. With a last glance at the house high above, he gives a cursory glance to the surrounding area before returning his stare back to the Flood.

"Placing what ball? I do not know what Deimos has to do with any of it." Remi replies with a dull shrug of his shoulders. That the pair are close is no surprise. The alchemist even knows that there is some sort of plot in the works between them, but as for what it is? When? Its scope? He has no idea.

"The version I have heard is that your Arbiter murdered her companion." Remi felt that pain himself. The keen grip of it like cold fingers around his throat. "Atlast was there, yes. But was not attacking anyone. You do not know how it feels to lose a companion. What it does to you." Remi knew. Losing Isla not once, but twice, the second time feeling like a thin layer of every part of him had been sheared off and then doused in acid. So had Hotaru attacked the Arbiter? Absolutely. Did Aurelia deserve it? A hundred times yes.

Stiffly Remi hears Sunjata out, not knowing quite what to think. "I am not saying it was not personal. But you do not get to use your position as Governor to deal with your personal issues." He replies in an even tone. "If it was personal, why think Deimos would ever come back? How does holding Hotaru in a jail cell have anything to do with what Deimos can and can't do?" Unless she was being used as bait, which Remi would abide even less.

"This is personal for me as well, and by now I am sure you know why." Remi admits at the end of a sigh, running his fingers through his curls before returning his arms to fold over his chest. "I did not intend for any of this to happen, but now that it has..." Raising his gaze, he looks at a man made older by the conversation, but younger by the dream. "I am sorry we are once again at opposite ends of this." This being...well, their lives, it seemed.
The Lullaby
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
What she told me is that she told Deimos about my guild – a guild she was a part of until then – and he went rogue and set it and the Slagveld on fire. The same night that the Wren Society caught fire.” His hands wring along the rail a brief moment, before his gaze is lifting to meet Remi’s face again. “As for the companion, I don’t condone what she did. And you can hate me for it, but I don’t equate a companion to a human when it comes to their life.” Sighing, he looks back over the water, hears the roaring of the cars that pass by, the echoing of horns and the pelting of rain hitting the brick of the walkway they stand upon. “It’s different with Isla, given she was human before.” He doesn’t know if it matters, but there’s a part of him that hopes Remi can understand that.

If not, well, then this whole thing is just a waste of time – as has been the entirety of this season so far with everything else he’d done.

Was I not to use my position as Governor to try and enact justice on those that burned down buildings in my land? Personal or not, it was an attack on Torchline.” He sighs, straightening up, fixing his jacket and moves back to the motorcycle with a look toward Remi. “Because I wanted Deimos to come back and hear his side of the story out. But it doesn’t matter now that I have nothing but broken, burned buildings and people who are now homeless.

As for it being personal for Remi, Sunjata’s hand lands on the handle of the bike, gripping the edge of it until his knuckles are white. He doesn’t comment on what Remi says, not immediately anyway, not as the patrol cars continue to flit on by, closer and closer. “Come with me, I want to show you something.” He says instead, handing the helmet to Remi as he moves to sit on the bike, to roar it back to life so they might be able to get out of the rain and out of making this dream turn into a typical nightmare.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'You might not think they are the same, but murder of a creature not attacking or harming anyone, and then attempted murder of someone who has just killed something?" Remi clicks his tongue as his head inclines to the side. "Those are not the same either." As for Isla? Remi's jaw tightens even as Sunjata looks away. "Do not pretend to know what that was like." He snarls, bristling defensively for no other reason than the sound of Isla's name on anyone else's lips tended to draw out Remi's worst qualities.

"No it was not. It was an attack on you and Nate, and you know it." Remi replies with a sigh. He'd not comment on who was left homeless. There were plenty of abandoned buildings in Torchline and they both knew it.

Thinking the conversation over—what else was there to say, really?—when Sunjata hands him a helmet the alchemist can only narrow his eyes. There is no need for safety in a dream, but also, what? Thinking he owes the Flood this if nothing else, Remi swallows hard and mirrors how Sunjata wears his own helmet. "Where do I...?" He wonders, glancing at Sunjata and then the bike. He'll follow whatever instructions he's given, but at the moment, curling around the back of the Flood is not immediately the obvious thing to do.
The Lullaby
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Of course it isn’t the same. Very rarely is it ever going to be perfectly the same.” He shakes his head, pausing only when Remi snaps at him, to let his gaze narrow back at the Lullaby – too tired to spark a fight or anything else that comes to mind with how volatile and fragile Sunjata feels. At least here, in this dream, he’s somewhat put together.

As for it being an attack on him and Nate, he nods, but regardless of whether or not it was solely tied to him, it still affected Torchline. It still had the potential of spreading and taking out the rest of the buildings – despite how it didn’t, because of the Voice so it sounds like. But he works his jaw, lets it die as he steps over to the bike and hands the helmet to Remi before he places his on his own head and sits on the bike.

Swing your leg over just like mine and hold on to the side or me.” He offers, looking over his shoulder. “It’s a dream, obviously, but I’d like to not get caught in it. This is one of my better memories of home, so you're truthfully quite lucky.” He'd rather it stay a dream and not a nightmare. A good one, one of the ones where he’d gotten away with his information to hit his father where it hurt and simultaneously help the rebellion. “It’ll be quick.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
With something like a look of resignation, Remi nods at the instructions and does as he's told. He can't help the way his wings flare from his sides to aid with balance, and he opts to hold onto the frame of the bike instead of Sunjata. Even here he can pick up the other man's emotions as easily as when they were awake, and just now that seems like more of an intimacy (or invasion) of the Flood's privacy than their relationship calls for.

Unhappy about the way his body vibrates because of the motor or how unwieldy and unfamiliar it all feels, nevertheless Remi gives a nod (not that Sunjata will feel it). "Okay. Ready when you are." He mumbles, though from behind the thick plastic of his helmet he has no way of knowing if Sunjata can hear him or not.
The Lullaby
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
He doesn’t particularly need to hear Remi to know when the Lullaby is ready. And there’s still a part of him that’s very much Caido!Jata that imagines they can talk through the attuned bond during the ride, if only so Sunjata can get his points across. But the second Remi is prepared, Sunjata’s kicking off the shifter, pulling the bike around – off the bridge from where he’d been pushed off of it in a previous memory of a dream with Ronin, where he heads toward the lush spaces of where he’d grown up.

This is where I grew up. Remi knows he was the Arbiter’s son, knows that while his upbringing had been awful in other ways, at least Sunjata never had to worry about whether he got food or not. Even if his father resented him, his mother at least was able to counteract it and make sure he at least had enough to survive. But the homes they pass are opulent – lush green grasses, brick roads, homes far larger than anything anyone ever truly needed, servants out in the rain making sure everything was perfect.

But after they pass by his home growing up, with the barbed wire and the cameras and fencing, Sunjata turns to take a trip back toward the slums. And this is the slums. He announces once they’ve made it there – just over the ridge of homes pristine and perfect, homes were falling apart, stacked on top of one another with missing bricks, some with broken lights and people milling about without homes, huddled under the edge of whatever ledge they could find, clothes draped about them that they took off momentarily to wring out before placing it back on.

He continues to drive past, weaving in and out of other cars, passing through the length of the main avenue of the city – past the creeping patrol cars who now have lights on, sirens blaring, and a large line of enforcers, breaking windows into what appeared to be a shelter, while simultaneously breaking down and through the door. I was raised to be one of the enforcers there. And I was, for a time, until I managed to get away. Sunjata slows the bike, pulling off into the side, under a ledge of a building where they’re hidden in shadow. Beside them on a telephone pole, wanted posters sit with his face beside Lusea’s.

Underneath the poster, graffiti of the rebellion’s sigil sat, washed half away by the rain. It is difficult for me what happened in Torchline, given the fact that this was the normal way of things here. He pauses, watching as they throw people out of the building, as shouts erupt, as smoke and gas bombs are tossed within to draw out the rats. I know it doesn’t relate fully, but, these people didn’t deserve to have this happen to them. They’re stuck in the middle, already without homes, already suffering while the rest of us sat up there in our mansions. I was raised to see them as lesser, as if they were disposable. That’s exactly what these enforcers are thinking when they go in there. His head nods toward the door as more people come flooding out, as the enforcers and their glowing electric sticks use it to huddle them into the patrol cars as if they’re cattle. They believe that they are doing the right thing. And the people in there, who have no hand in this resistance at all other than whispers and rumors of something better, are punished for it. He sighs, leaning forward on the handles, arms folding across them while he watches.

When I came back from the Grounds and had heard of what happened, this is what I thought of. Because whether or not Deimos and Hotaru believed that they were right in what they were doing, it still made the people of Torchline feel unsafe. They’ve hardly had a moment of reprieve. The Trial with my father only took place halfway through Flowerbirth, if you recall. He doesn’t know if Remi had been there or not, but it had all been so fucking much. So you can think of it as an overreaction all you want, I'm sure everyone else does. But it hurts, Remi, to come back and see the region I love in a position I strove to try and change my entire life.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi doesn't know much of that, actually. Ronin's friendship with the Flood had always remained that: Ronin's. This world was entirely new to the alchemist, as was the information he was told and that he gleaned from his surroundings. Jata mentions the slums, and Remi finds himself sighing with latent nostalgia; it looked so much like places Remi was very, very used to.

Images of things he can understand—and some he can't—flash around him, and as they stop, Remi pulls off his helmet if only because he feels as though he might suffocate even in this place where he doesn't need to breathe. Letting the Flood speak, Remi tries to keep his expression neutral that he might not ruin what Sunjata clearly thinks is important information for him to know. When it ends, Remi is left nibbling at the inside of his cheek as he gazes around, eventually slipping off the bike that he might stand on his own.

"Torchline is not Korofi." He says, turning back to Sunjata. "This...this does not exist where we are now." Not the classes. Not the enforcers. Not the poverty divide nor the homelessness. "Fires do not scare the people of Torchline. Not surrounded by sea and sand. But a Governor who cannot leave his past in the past? This Trial you speak of? That was you. That was not them. Your ghosts did more destruction during Monsoon season than Hotaru and Deimos did in one night."

Looking around once more, Remi can only smile sadly as he shoves his hands into his pockets. "I am sorry for what you endured when you were younger. I am sorry for this world. But you cannot keep using it to justify your actions here and now."
The Lullaby
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Correct.” Sunjata responds quickly, his gaze drifting from the raid that occurs across the street to look over at Remi as he stands. And he could bristle – part of him does – but there’s something a bit heartbreaking about how Remi just isn’t getting it. So it’s with a heavy sigh, ignoring the sad smile Remi offers, for Sunjata to shake his head. “I’m not justifying anything.” And he isn’t. He acknowledges that he didn’t handle it well.

The problem, is that this is an explanation. “Both of them pertained to me where I had no control over the situation.” He offers with a small shrug, moving to stand off of the bike as well, to face Remi – removing the helmet and holding it under his arm as he regards the Lullaby. “Fires don’t scare Torchline, no, but how many times have people come in and attacked it because of me.” Shaju, the ghosts of his past, Hotaru and Deimos targeting the spaces of his and Nate’s (because they don’t know the Wren Society wasn’t from the two of them).

I know that I didn’t handle it well. I am still not handling it well. Because it feels like everyone’s lying to me.” Taking a heavy sigh, he shakes his head again, water from the rain begins to flit off of him.

It’s evident he isn’t going to get anywhere with this example, but they’re still in his dream and at least there’s some comfort of him being able to do the right thing here versus his constant fuck ups in Caido. “So now that everything is fucked up, you can tell Hotaru that she’s banned from Torchline. And if she sees Deimos, I’m sure the word has spread to him too that he’s already banned. I don’t want them in Torchline, and if they are found there, they will be hunted down.” His gaze narrows at Remi slightly. It would be in Hotaru's best interest to avoid the sandy shores of Torchline if she wished to protect her child.

And I guess, congratulations.” For the child he’d been unaware of until Hotaru had landed on Torchline's soil.