I just wanted you to know...
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Seren

She stood silent through the outburst. Listening, because there was no room for her to interject. The lump in her stomach was turning into a slow, nauseous ache that made her eyes sting and burn. Splotches of color started up in her face, and small hands frightened into fists as a figurstive finger was shaken in her face. But her eyes were only sad.

Were they really doing this? Were they having this conversation - if it could even be called that anymore?

"I do not, actually. I want neither the Voice, nor the Ascended dead. A way for everyone to live together in peace, that is what I would like. But as long as your goddess oppose the Old gods, that will not be possible." Against Nate's angry rant, she sounded so calm that Seren was startled by her own voice. It came off so distant, cool on the verge of coldness... even though everything inside her was a churning, superheated confusion of anger and sadness and upset.

"They created this world. Caido. Vi, Rae, Mort. This is their land, and everything that ever has or will be in this realm of reality owes its existence to them. Including the Voice. Including you, and of course me, as well." He should know this. It was the basis for all understanding of life in and on Caido. Even an Outlander should know, and it was irritating that she had to remind him.

"When the Voice rebelled against them, they did what was necessary. I do not pretend to know why they chose to act the way they did by creating the barrier. But they did not abandon the people. The Heralds were trapped within as well. You know that. My mother was right there, the entire time. Forced to watch the despair and suffering, unable to do anything. Because of one woman's arrogance and desire to overthrow the balance of this world, how many lives have been lost? How much pain..?"

He made it sound as if this whole mess was something the Old Gods had started. But Seren did not believe that, not for a second. She had to stop, and swallow against the tightness in her throat. She hated that tears welled up whenever she became heated, that her voice threatened to quiver and break.

"I don't want you dead, Nate." Though at this point, it would be rather satisfying to at least slap him for these accusations. "Or your people. I don't want anyone to die. But I can't stop this war from happening. I'm sorry. If I could... but I can't. I will do everything in my power to right the wrongs committed against the Abandoned. The Acquired." Taking the old moniker in her mouth felt strange and liberating. Seren always disliked the term abandoned. It was too sad, and unfair. "An entire people should not be made to suffer for the wrongs committed by one individual. In that, I can agree that the Old Gods are wrong. But when it comes to the Voice?"

Seren shook her head. No.
I'm ready to start the conquest of spaces
Reaching the starlight and silver fields
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE

I don’t owe my existence to any of the old gods Seren.” Nate sighs, and pushes his hair back out his face, straightening up again and looking towards the sky. “I exist because two sad fucks made a mistake they couldn’t take back, and I’m here because of the Voice.” Two can play at the semantics game, if that’s really what they’ve been reduced to. If she’s so unwilling to listen to his points.

A deep sigh leaves him, Nate biting his tongue until he can really taste fluid. His brows furrow agin as he forces himself to listen, lips pursing in a pinched, pitying expression. She doesn’t understand, and there’s no way he would possibly explain it to her. No words he can say that would really communicate the desperation, the terror of existing in a place so firmly defined by things outside of his control.

You can say anything you want Seren. You can even believe it. But,” Nate’s tongue dips out to wet his lips, “siding with the Old Gods is a choice that speaks for itself.” He spits a shining gob of spit onto the ground, then points a stern finger towards her. “Like it or not, you are on the side of killing me. The side that decided to make two races suffer for the sake of pride.
i settle for a ghost i never knew,
super paradise i held onto, but i settle for a ghost
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Seren

"At least you had a choice!" Her composure finally snapped. With the raising of her voice, the dam burst open, and though she hated it, Seren could not keep the tears from spilling over. Stars, it made her look so weak. So cheap, as if a bit of crying would win her way where words failed. "I was born from the Old gods. What do you expect me to do, Nate? Turn my back on my mother, my father and everything I am? All for... what? A goddess I've never met, who would use me in a heartbeat to hurt the ones I love if it served her purpose? Or maybe for you? You can't even be civil with me!"

Withdrawing from the spit and the pointed finger, the girl wrapped her arms around herself. Her chest ached with feelings too large to name, and a headache was pounding to life behind her eyes. Seren had never wanted to run from anyone before in her life, but now she felt afraid. Nate's anger, his pity, his contempt shook the starchild to her core.

"It seems," she said, straightening up hunched shoulders with a force of will, "that we can't agree on this. I am sorry for raising my voice. And for troubling you, with my silly requests. I am sure you want nothing to do with the child of people you hate so much, so please forget I ever asked." Pale-faced and stiff, Seren turned to leave. She kept her arms close, afraid that he would see how much they trembled.

She wasn't sure she could handle more of those pitying looks.
I'm ready to start the conquest of spaces
Reaching the starlight and silver fields
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE

Well at least they agree on something. The tears do make her look weak, Nate’s face softening with surprise before he hardens again, disappointment writ on his sharp features. “I expect you to look around and think Seren.” Nate’s words are even, as if he’s rubbing his sudden control of his emotions in her weeping face. “I expect you to understand that if you sit in front of someone and tell them you’re against their very existence they won’t be nice to you.” He rises to his full height again, the shoulders of his shirt sticking to his skin where sun blisters have burst underneath it. “I expect you to recognize that you have the same fucking choice I do, and you chose the side that wants to commit genocide.

There is only one thing that passes through Nate’s mind he watches as Seren withdraw into herself, then force herself to stand tall, to address him again. God, he thinks, you really are your mothers daughter. The manipulation, the twisting of his words, the way that no matter what he says, she’s decided he’s the bad guy, instead of someone who simply wants live.

Fine.

I want nothing to do with you because you’ve just proven you don’t see me as deserving of life. Not even enough to stop and think.” Nate opens the door behind him, stepping into the frame and haunting it while he watches the star child leave, hopefully to never return and darken his doorstep again. He’s getting a little tired of having these conversations on the porch.

End~
i settle for a ghost i never knew,
super paradise i held onto, but i settle for a ghost