there and back again
Locke
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
I saw a piece of heaven
"This is a secret," Seren reminded him, as she led Locke from the rainy Barrows and into perfect midnight. With a finger pressed to her lips, she held his gaze to ensure that he understood how serious she was - not exactly easy, given the way her eyes glittered.

She gave him a moment to take in the island. Perfect white beaches littered with curious treasures, suspended beneath a starstrewn night sky that spanned endlessly without a horizon in sight. The waves that lapped against the shore were dark too, whispering a song of peace and calm, of time beyond counting in a dimension that never changed.

"The way to Torchline is right here," she murmured after a while, repeating the same gesture as before. Like parting a curtain, threading slender fingers through the fabrics of reality to open a portal back into their world.

"Are you sure you don't mind? I can wait for that bone, it's not a problem." Not that she had objected very hard; it was a perfect chance to try out her newest trick.
Waiting, impatient, for me

Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

He follows after her, nodding when she turns to remind him. Why would he tell anyone? Who would he tell? Maeve maybe? But she's closer to Seren than he is. She likely told her or will tell her. Plus, its her trick, not his. That said, he's never been on a beach like this and he wishes he had time to ask about it but they've snuck away from the party and the last thing he wants is Ronin or Remi (or Maeve) misunderstanding why they're sneaking off together.

Suddenly Torchline is before him and he blinks wildly at her, "Nifty. M'glad I don't have this. Would get into so much trouble." Like theft. He would commit so much theft with this. Just step into people's houses and step right back out across the world. It'd be fun. But as he steps through, he takes the lead. "Of course I'm sure. I can't figure out what to do with it besides maybe hit someone with it and you said you needed a weapon so.." Right place right time kind of thing.

It's not raining in Torchline for once but it's late and quiet. His favorite time to be out. "Our apartment isn't that far from here. It'll only take a minute."
I'm motivated by the lack of doubt
I'm consecrated but I'm not devout
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
I saw a piece of heaven
Laughing, Seren let the rift fall close again, and hurried her steps to catch up with Locke. "There are limits to it, but I imagine that I will too," she said cheerfully. Still dripping from the rain they had left behind in King's End, she looked back at the curious wet splotches her feet left behind on the street.

Hooking an arm through Locke's, she looked about curiously as he led the way into a part of the town she had never been to. No matter how much of a Torcher she was, there were still parts she had never experienced. Spared, from a young age, from much of the debauchery and lawlessness.

"Well, I'm grateful. And you really ought to ask for a lot more than just a flowercrown. I can trade for it properly, if you want." Gifts were nice, but it was not the Torchline way. Favor for a favor... Seren felt weird about not having to offer something up.

Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
LOCKE

"Oh I'm sure you will. You'll have to bring me along for some of it." He gives her a grin, glad to be back into their more usual lock and step. He doesn't like heavy shit. Doesn't like how heavy things have been. Her arm slips into his and he squeezes it for a moment. The walk isn't long and sure, it's not the nicest part of town but Locke is well enough liked that no one bothers them.

"But I like my flower crown. I feel pretty." He pouts at her as he leads her up the steps to his apartment. "Maybe Frey will make it into something special for me. Or something. I haven't quite figured out how to woo gods yet." Maybe he could ask Seren. Remi owes him a similar favor but he's not keen on cashing it in at the moment. Maybe one day though.

When they reach the apartment, it drips with Maeve's touches. Locke had very little in the way of things before she moved in. "Give me a minute and I'll get it. Can dry off and make some tea if you want. I don't think Maeve will mind you using her stuff."
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
I saw a piece of heaven
She rolled her eyes when he pouted, and nudged his side with a teasing elbow. "It's not difficult. Well, for most of us it's not hard. You just gotta be honest, and know what you want. Oh, and probably throw in a bit of flattery. At least when dealing with my mother. I hear the others are a bit different."

Not that she thought preserving her wonky little daisy wreath was worth troubling a god over... but to each their own. That he was happy was all she cared about.

Trailing into the apartment in Locke's wake, the girl was bright eyed with curiosity. "Sure, no rush," she murmured, already busying herself with a nosy look-around that needed no guided tours. The place smelled different. Like herbs and perfume, and smoke and food and something a little dank that might come from an alley outside.

Making her way into the kitchen, Seren began to rummage through cupboards and shelves, on the hunt for tea. And maybe cookies? She definitely smelled something baked in the air.

Seren
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

"Maybe some day I'll pay Safrin a visit." Even if to just say thanks for Seren."That's my problem Seren. I want it all." He shakes his head, "I baked Frey a pie and that seemed to work well enough. I was trying to make a joke but they either didn't get it or didn't care." He has a feeling he shouldn't have said that..

So he runs off into the back to get the bone before she can ask about it. When he comes back, she's rifling through the kitchen like a starving child. "The tea is in the upper right and the cookies are on the table. I made them this morning, thank you." He leans against the bone, making a casual show of it. After all, why not?

"If you're so keen on exchanging something for it, what do you have in mind?"
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
I saw a piece of heaven
She was starving, obviously. And had managed to find both a kettle, the stove and put water on to warm by the time he returned, like this kitchen was one she had always known her way around.

"Maybe your joke just wasn't very good?" Face lighting up like a Fiat Lux festival, Seren darted for the cookies on the tabel - how could she have overlooked them? - and wiggled one playfully between her fingers as she turned towards him. And almost dropped it, when she saw the bone.

"That's massive," she gaped, oblivious to every 'that's what she said' joke ringing through the ether. "Whatever creature it belonged to, I really don't want to meet it. Not while it's alive." Grinning wide, suddenly quite greedy to get hold of the item, Seren nibbled her cookie and leaned back against the table.

"Hmm. Well. I could promise you a favor. Unspecified, up to your discretion. Or... I can give you a ride, anywhere you want to go that my portals can take you. I can heal, like I said before... and while I'm still not good at it, I can probably fight, if you need backup on something." Cruching away on her treat, the girl titled her head aside and considered. "I suppose I can paint you something, too. Though it's been a while, and I can't guarantee that it will look good. "

Seren
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

Locke shakes his hand, remembering the chest and the paper he'd written. "Yeah. Don't think comedy is my strong suit." Seren is content with making herself at home and he kind of likes it. She's a little all over the place but it's fine. He likes when people enjoy his food and she always seems to like it. "You know, if you're ever in Torchline and you need a place to stay, you're welcome here."

His expression falters at her words, eyes going wide before his face turns dark red. One hand comes up to cover his mouth as he tries not to say the words he wants to say. Poor sweet Seren. He coughs lightly before putting the bone on the table. "It's uh.. Super light at least."

Locke grabs himself a cookie, humming softly as she talks. "Really shouldn't offer up free-for-all favors, Seren. But I'll take a painting. Can hang it on my walls or something." His little room used to be littered with drawings the kids gave him. He wonders if they're still up. Maybe one day he'll get the courage to go back.
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
I saw a piece of heaven
"You and Maeve. This is the second time I've been offered a room. Thank you, Locke. I really appreciate it, and if I need somewhere to sleep I'll let you know." If her smile was delighted, it was quickly hidden behind a second stolen cookie. She would of course not be coming over every chance she got simply for the food... oh no. Not at all.

She blinked in confusion when her adopted brother broke out into a fit of coughs. "Are you alright?" she asked, wondering about the high color of his face. "Mh, it's true. I wonder what part of the creature it is... doesn't it look a bit like a rib bone?"

Turning to the table and the bone, she dragged a finger along the surface. It was neither polished nor smooth, and had a porous feel to it that was slightly unnerving. But as she tried to lift it, she noticed immediately that Locke was right. It took no effort at all to raise the bone off the surface of the table, when its size suggested that she shouldn't have been able to even budge it.

"Hm? Oh, I know. I don't, usually. But I trust you not to take advantage of me," she smiled. "A painting for a bone... Alright, I'm good with that. Is it a deal, then?" Swallowing her cookie properly, the girl spat her palm and held out a hand - like a sailor, or a merchant down the street, or a street urchin haggling over scraps.

Seren
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

It's not stolen if he gives it but he'll let her pretend she's being sneaky, it's cute. "Mm, would rather you be here than some random Torcher's place." Sweet little Seren. He doubts she could be easily swayed into something like that though. And it's not like she's a delicate flower, right? Still.

He nods before shaking his head, "M'fine. Just a fit." He gives her a very wide, very fake grin as if it will cover up his laughing fit. She beings to inspect the bone and it takes the attention off of him. Locke kind of shrugs, "Maybe. Could ask around. Sure someone would know. Maybe Ludo? Or.. Isn't there the uh.. Animal thing in Stormbreak? The celest..tine? Maybe someone there will know?"

She mulls it over a moment more before turning and spitting in her hand and holding it. He licks his lips before spitting into his own palm and shaking her hand. Even as a demigod, she's still got a little Torcher in her it seems. "It's a deal." He gives her a final nod before stepping back. "Well, should get back then? Sure someone's looking for you by now.."
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
I saw a piece of heaven
Seren would absolutely follow a stranger into their home if they offered. Hence, why she was currently sitting on Locke's kitchen table, dangling her feet and eating cookies over a stolen scavenged monster bone. The grin she offered him over offers for lodging was equal parts mischievous and grateful.
"You are most kind, good sir and I will gladly oblige next time I'm in town."

Sealing the trade with the traditional shake, the girl discreetly wiped her palm on the backside of her pants and reached for the bone. It was large enough that she had to open the portal almost fully to fit it into her pocket realm, but it was not a problem. Soon enough it sank silently into oblivion, vanished from this reality and utterly beyond reach of anyone... save perhaps Safrin, or some other god.

"Done. No take-backs," she smirked, looking very pleased indeed. "Yeah, sure. You too, I'm sure - Maeve might get worried, and you did bring that girl... Paige, was her name? That's really sweet of you guys, you know. Not that I'm really surprised to see you stealing other people's kids, but still."

Poking a tongue at her friend, Seren slipped from the table and held out a hand for Locke. Before long, the apartment would be empty again... and the next time the starchild stopped by, it was bound to look much different.

- FIN

Seren