all alone, shame if an ascended bit me
for Maea
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
God, thy will is hard
But you hold every card
After Torchline's rather...dramatic sermon and the tasks given to him, Gideon knew that he was standing on the precipice of yet another busy, heavy season. Another period of time devoted to teaching, learning, helping - and exterminating. It was good work, work he was happy to do, but he also knew the importance of a break.

Walking in Torchline seemed a risk at the moment and he had heard the Hollowed Grounds had become a hive of Ascended activity. Instead, he had chosen to head to the Wilds, first teleporting into the Greatwood then walking around. A few days in the wide expanse of nature, staying in a tent and enjoying the quiet of the world around him was what he needed.

He was setting up for the night in Kings End, having found a nice clearing by a rock that could work as a wind shield. With his tent put up, Gideon was sat back looking up at the sky, watching it turn a reddy-purple as it got ready for sunset. Calm, dressed in messy travelling clothes and with his hair scruffier than usual, the man didn't look anything like the priest he usually was.
I will drink your cup of poison
Nail me to your cross and break me
GIDEON
Base Code by Sky!
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
Maea
And time it waits for no one
It heals them when you die
She appeared out of nowhere, with only a faint 'pop' of disrupted air molecules to announce the arrival. For someone who did not particularly fancy her new 'gifts', Maea was becoming rather well acquainted with the teleportation. It was convenient, and drained far less resources than walking under the sun.

Looking around, she found that she had appeared in the middle of a camp. A tent, a prepped campfire and a man all painted a rather quaint picture that set her teeth on edge. Too well ordered, too lovely a backdrop of setting suns and lengthening shadows. Perhaps the most irritating thing of all was that she could not even feel the coolness of the breeze that must surely be a balm against the day's heat.

"My bad," she muttered, tugging the dark hood of the cloak deeper down over the face. Whisps of milky white hair trailed after her as she turned, meaning to stalk off to somwhere else. As far away from people as possible.
And soon you are forgotten
A whisper within a sigh
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
God, thy will is hard
But you hold every card
Gideon caught something in the corner of his eye and sat up, jumping as he saw a ghostly girl stood before him. Immediately, before he'd even really worked out what he was seeing, he was overcome with a deep and overwhelming hate; the Gods telling him through his ring just what they thought of the one before them. She was an Ascended, corrupt and vile.

And she dared to appear in his camp?

"Your bad indeed." Gideon growled as he stood, quickly walking over to the girl and reaching to grab the cloak, to keep her in the area (as much as it disgusted him to touch one of them, sometimes it was necessary). "Were you here to spy on me? Get information for your Mother?"
GIDEON
Base Code by Sky!
Maea Valair

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Maea
She had not expected a warm welcome, but this was a little much even for a surprised stranger. She managed not three steps before the camper had caught up, and Maea found herself held in place by a very ill advised tug on the cloak.

Turning to face the man, her eyebrows shot up in a look of cool vexation. With an almost gentle hand, she tried to pry his fingers off her garb.
"Spy? On you? My good man, if I had any interest in peeking on men I would choose someone a little younger and prettier to look at." Her mouth quirked, against better judgement amused by his hybris... even though his accusation did smart.

"Besides... if I were, I'd hardly be so clumsy about it. If you let go, I will disappear and leave you be."

The impulse to deny any affiliation with the Voice burned on the tongue, acid and foul; but she suppressed it. He would never believe her anyway.
A whisper within a sigh
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
God, thy will is hard
But you hold every card
Gideon did let go, only because his fingers naturally moved away from disgust as hers got close; the last Ascended he had allowed to touch him had done something to his skin that had left it tingling and feeling wrong for weeks. Her jabs didn't really hit, anything she was saying irrelevant unless it was to apologise for her being.

"Go. Don't come here. This is a place of natural beauty. Not for the machines." He spat, looking her up and down; her teeth, her soulless eyes and too-still body, all of it the signs of the Voice and her way of sterilising and stripping the world of it's joys. Gideon stayed stood before her, making himself large with stretched out shoulders and a wide stance, making it clear she was not welcome.
GIDEON
Base Code by Sky!
Maea Valair

Change author:
Maea
This was not the first time someone had looked at her with disgust. Given Maea's complexion and the isolated nature of her birthplace, being different had always been a negative thing. But she was fairly sure no one had addressed her with this level of contempt. Was this something Amun had faced everyday? No wonder he had been so bitter with her at times.

"I know," she replied, facing the insult with a smile, small and dry, that quite agreed with the man's assessment. Turning back in the direction she had been headed, the girl began to walk off.

Then, purely on a whim, she paused and glanced back; "Why would the Voice want to spy on you?" It was such a specific thing to worry about... it made her curious.
A whisper within a sigh
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
God, thy will is hard
But you hold every card
Maea began to walk away and Gideon kept his eyes on her, sure that she was about to activate some kind of trap, perhaps give a signal to another one of her kind waiting behind the trees; when she turned he stiffened, sure he was about to proven right. Instead she just asked a question.

Normally Gideon would have hated the mere idea of answering one of the Ascended, but he was surprised by it and spoke before thinking, clearly sure that Maea already knew the answer anyway. "Your fake ignorance isn't convincing. The Order has made themselves known as an enemy to the Ascended. I'm here alone and unguarded. It is not a coincidence that you're here. Tell me what you intend to do."
GIDEON
Base Code by Sky!
Maea Valair

Change author:
Maea
From what she had seen so far, Maea really didn't know why she had assumed his answer to be reasonable, or even logical. Shoving her hands into the pockets of her coat, she turned and gave the man an appraising look. Even though he was far from young, he seemed fairly well put together. Decently good shape - someone slightly more mature than herself might even have thought him handsome, if only that look of hatred had not twisted his features so.

It was a shame, really.

"The Order...? Mh. No. It doesn't ring a bell. But I have kept out of touch from most things, lately. I'm sorry that you aren't immediately recognizeable as one; you might consider wearing some uniform. Or perhaps a badge... right now you look like a very ordinary traveler." It was perhaps a touch foolish, to mock someone who already was set on hating her. But then again... why deny herself this small amusement? The situation couldn't get much worse.

"As for what I intend to do...?" Maea scratched the back of her neck - a habit, some echo of a restless tick she hardly registered as unnecessary. "It's a good question. Say. You are a pious man, yes? If you are opposed to the Ascended, I would assume you to be a follower of the Old Gods. Would you take the confession of a sinner beyond redemption?"

The faintly amused smile slipped from her mouth, and the girl straightened. Looking directly at the man, hands held still and open by her sides. It was... a genuine question. An offer, even.

She could explain to him exactly what she intended.
A whisper within a sigh
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
God, thy will is hard
But you hold every card
Maea's smug mockery did nothing but ignite the anger in Gideon further, but he tempered it down, pushed it into a cold, simmering burn in his heart as he watched her, fists clenched and teeth grinding. They all thought they knew so much, with their New Goddess giving them 'better' bodies; when they were abandoned in a few years, those robotic parts needing repairs, he'd laugh in their faces.

Her offer to 'confess' was not one he thought to be genuine, but he was admittedly curious to hear what she would have to say. Glancing around the clearing to make sure they were alone, that this wasn't the lead up to an ambush, he gave a sharp nod. "Say what you will."
GIDEON
Base Code by Sky!