a bit of salt, a bit of lemon
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
we shall heal our wounds, collect our dead
"You heard." Ronin waggles his eyebrows at Sunjata as if to dare him to repeat it again, but then of course he's totally failing to throw a dart and it's the Flood's turn. Ronin folds his arms across his chest, expecting to be completely shown up - and he is, sort of, but not in the way he remotely expects. He snorts, unable to help himself as well, slinking up to sling an arm around Sunjata and point at where the dart is embedded into the wall. "Gentle," he hisses to his friend, shooing him away so he can try again with another dart.

"Maybe we need more booze. Isn't there supposed to be a sweet spot where you're really good at shit for a while?" Have they already drunk enough to be well beyond that sweet spot? Maybe. Probably. Either way, here Ronin goes. He tries for just right, and the result is something of a mixed bag too. He hits the dartboart and it doesn't go through the wall, but he only really grazes the outer rings. "I did it!"
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
better get to diggin' while my body's getting cold.
i keep tryna fight it so just promise when i go, you'll bury me low
The snickering is only momentarily paused with the chiding gentle, grumbling something in Korofi that could be taken as either mocking himself or Ronin’s words, it’s hard to tell. For the moment, though, Sunjata’s quick to smirk to his friend and step back, slipping out from the arm wrapped around his shoulder.

Think we might’ve passed it?” He suggests, downing the next glass and humming as the taste mixes and melds with the rest of his body. “Getting there!” He cheers his friend on, taking his last dart and bumps his shoulder into Ronin’s as he takes up his stance to let his dart go.

This time it’s a little bit better, though, the way the dart zings through the air to land at the middle ring, and Sunjata’s quite pleased with that result in comparison to his last blunder. “Least I made it closer that time. I think… You won though. Given the whole fuckin’ impaling the wall behind the dart board.” He rolls his eyes playfully but the grin remains, and he slinks back to grab his drink to take another sip.
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Naaaaah, I don't believe that." Ronin scoffs and shakes his head - he's also refilling his glass and knocking it back just as Sunjata bumps against his shoulder. He doesn't spill a drop (because absolutely fucking not), but it does knock him off balance a bit. He raises his eyebrows to see his friend succeed in hitting the bit of the dart board he's supposed to, letting out a cheer only as he lowers his glass again.

Except then Sunjata is dropping him in it and Ronin shushes him loudly and noticeably, grabbing up the whiskey bottle to overfill both of their glasses by a rather substantial amount. "Don't tell everyone, gods Jata," he hisses. "If we get another bottle and leave before anyone notices, do you reckon we'll get away with ruining the dart board?"
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
People have eyes, Ronin!” He whispers with a huff of a breathy laugh, but shuts up all the same. The glass is filled and Sunjata’s downing it as soon as he can get his hands onto it, watching Ronin over the rim of the glass. The option is definitely worth it in his drunken mind, and he cuts the Star a bright, fanged grin. “Deal.” Besides, he’s the Governor. He could absolutely just give them whatever they wanted to repay it if it came back to him.

So he grabs a fresh bottle of whiskey to go along with the rest of Ronin’s, tips his friend a wink, and slips out through the door onto the alley with a bit of a sway to his step. He waits for Ronin, of course, and whether or not the Star makes it to his side immediately, Sunjata’s already staring off toward the beach. “Think the beach sounds nice, dont you?” He asks with a slurring edge to his tone, looking over to Ronin only to find its a random merchant that’s just stepped out, one that gives the Flood a look with a raise of his brow and an ‘uh, sure?’ That only sparks Sunjata to bark his laughter.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
"Shhhhhhh," Ronin continues again, though it's not clear whether or not he's trying to silence Sunjata against the people-who-have-eyes, or just trying to stop him from calling the Star out in general. A deal's a deal, though, and he finishes his latest glass of whiskey (why did they drink so much so fast, and why does it feel so fucking good) while the Governor goes to collect his new bottle of whiskey. The one Ronin has gotten only has about a quarter left, but it's fine. They can share it.

Something happens, then, and Ronin isn't actually sure what (in reality, they've both exited the Hanged Man but the Star has paused to take a piss against the alley wall), but by the time he weaves his way out to find the Flood, some other guy is going to the beach, and no, that's not fair at all. "Oi, fuck off," he demands, marching past the poor unfortunate stranger and ushering Sunjata onwards. "He's my friend, getch'er own."
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
In reality he doesn’t know who it is he’s gotten to walk with him — whether he’d grabbed the man or simply kept walking the way he did. All he does know is that this isn’t Ronin and it leaves him at quite the loss despite the hiccuping laughs that leave him, even more so when Ronin finally arrives and the poor man is able to go on his merry way.

Slinging his arm around Ronin, Sunjata flashes him a bright grin. “Mm, thought he was you ‘til I looked at ‘im an’ I realized he couldn’t be.” He begins, guiding them onto the beach until the sand meets his boots and he’s sinking a bit into the sand, swaying and leaning heavily on Ronin. “Wasn’t pretty ‘nough to be you. Plus you’re my friend too, so I shoulda known, yeah?” He rambles off, staring out into the water as it laps against the beach.
SUNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
Ronin's glaring very pointedly at the man as he goes on his way, though the look is somewhat ruined by the bottle pressed to his lips and the arm around him from Sunjata; it looks more disgruntled child than angry demigod. Offering out the last of his whiskey to the Flood, Ronin smacks his lips and blinks up at Sunjata, offering a very sunny smile that says he hasn't got a clue what the other man is talking about.

He calls him pretty though, and Ronin slings an arm around the Flood's back in return - it means they're both swaying now, as the sand meets their feet, and he's giggling while he fights to keep them upright. "Yeah you should'a know," he agrees cheerfully. "Or'm I not a good enough friend to you, Jata? M'sorry. You're pretty too?"
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The warmth of Ronin’s arm around his back and the way they stand half melded together while they walk, should be too much for Sunjata who’s not quite used to it as much as he used to be. But he still clings to the Star, his grin apologetic as he shrugs a broad shoulder in response. Ronin’s giggling, though, and Sunjata can’t help but to chuckle along, snickering here and there until he manages to take the bottle in his free hand, sipping down the rest of it.

As soon as it’s empty though, it’s lost to the sandy beach, Sunjata quite pleased they still have another bottle. “You’re a good friend, don’t worry ‘bout it.” He mutters halfway, giving Ronin’s shoulders a squeeze. “D’ya think that if we weren’t so pretty we’d have less problems?” He asks, completely out of the blue, his steel gaze swinging back toward Ronin with a raise of his brow. “Least maybe I wouldn’t have so much.” It’s a thought that comes and goes as a gasp slips from his lips the second the cool water hits his boot, soaking it. “Aye, fuckin’ shit mate, that’s cold.” He rumbles, lifting his foot to try and shake off the water.
SUNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
Ronin waves bye-bye to the discarded bottle, and it's lost pretty much as soon as it leaves his field of vision. Sunjata recovers it though (it's the new one, don't tell him) and so all is right with the world. "Aaaaaw. You're a good friend too, Jata." He tries to pat him on the arm but it ends up sort of in his armpit instead, but the sentiment is still there. Ronin has not been this fucked up this quickly in a long time, and he simultaneously wants to throw starbolts at the ocean and curl up in the sand.

Luckily for them, Sunjata kind of makes the choice for them. The wave swamps his boot first, and lifting his leg up is absolutely the worst thing in the world he might have done. "Oh fuck--" It's about all Ronin can say before they're overbalanced, toppling onto their asses in the sand with their feet at risk of being kissed by the tide. "Huh? Oh, shit. Nah, I don't know if pretty would give you less problems. You're just unlucky I guess."
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
If he could preen right now, he would be. That is until the water touches his foot and his accent grows thicker, his curse leaving him as Ronin’s foot gets hit now too, and down and down they go ass first into the sand. Sunjata, of course, lands with quite the oof paired with another jumble of Korofi curses, before he’s untangling himself from Ronin to pop the cork off the bottle with his teeth, spitting it out toward the ocean. “S’fine, Ronin. We’re okay.” At least he thinks they are.

He watches the waves a moment before he’s looking back at Ronin, tucking his feet up so that the tide might not touch them again. “I guess.” He half pouts, sucking on his teeth. “Why’s that, though? ‘M I just destined to make the shit choices and when I make one I think is right, it still gets fucked up and spun around?” His brows pinch with the thought. “If I’m tryin’ so hard to make the right choice and it still blows up why the fuck ‘m I tryin’ anymore?
SUNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
"Yeah we are, aren't we?" Ronin grins, even as they're ass first on the sand and trying to kick away the encroaching waves - at least Ronin is, anyway. He enjoys the Korofi curses even if he doesn't have a fucking clue what Sunjata is saying; maybe it's just something he's used to now that Remi is embracing the travelling tongue in full. Either way, while he can't give any verbal agreement, he does pat the other man on the shoulder. That is, until his arm is trying to snake around Jata to reach for the new bottle so he can take a swig too.

"Ew, destiny," he grumbles, wrinkling his nose and shaking his head to Sunjata. "You ain't always made the wrong choices," he points out. "You got married, and you're governor, and you can be a dragon and all that, right?" He pats him warmly. "And we're friends. That's a good choice."
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Ronin grapples for the bottle and Sunjata passes it over easily once he realizes that’s what Ronin’s after and it isn’t some sort of half across sloppy hug. But the honesty begins to pour out of him and he draws silent, hand grabbing at the sand to feel it fall between his fingers, until his gaze lands back on Ronin with a pinch between his brows.

Okay yeah, but…” He pauses, trying to figure out where to start. “According to Caido’s rules, I married wrong? I married an Ascended and nobody fuckin’ cares that he’s perfect. Perfect for me and everything I’ve ever wanted or thought I could want or ever have again after Luci died twice… they just care that he’s Ascended.” He grumbles, reaching for the bottle from Ronin. The rest of it is lost in his drunken stupor, fixating on Nate. “And? And I made him Governor because I couldn’t do it on my own and obviously Safrin didn’t like that. So now I gotta demote him after I’ve promoted him and that’s fucking shitty too.

Sorry Ronin, the floodgates are open.
SUNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
Ronin sits and kicks the sand in front of him into a little mound, like he can ward off the creeping tide with it and save his shoes. (The idea of removing said shoes obviously doesn't enter his brain). Having successfully grappled the bottle - no matter that it was willingly given - he takes a long swig of whiskey and listens as the other man speaks. And he doesn't really have anything to say to that, something quiet and sad overtaking his expression - Ronin surrenders the bottle back and lets clumsy fingers clasp his friend's shoulder.

"My perfect for me's havin' a baby with your ex... wife? Were you married? I dunno. Anyway," he mumbles, letting out a long sigh that puffs out his cheeks. "But I still love 'im. I dunno if anyone can say it's wrong if you still love someone. Or at least, if it's a wrong choice for them it's still the right one for you. And you're the one living with it, mm?" Is it reassuring or melancholy? Fuck if Ronin knows. "I'm sorry that things are so shitty, Jata."
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The bottle is returned and Ronin’s hand finds his shoulders while Sunjata starts his quiet spiral – one self contained for the moment until it’s simply not. “Sort of. She was supposed to… But we all got sick ‘n she left ‘n we found her when my father was around.” He mutters halfway, shaking his head, pushing past it as if it didn’t matter at all, which it didn’t really.

Still, Ronin’s words both help and… Don’t help at the same time and Sunjata finds himself working his jaw, nursing the bottle, fighting the sudden onslaught of burning in his eyes. “Just how it goes, isn’t it?” He rumbles quietly, drawing his legs up to his chest to avoid the tide that continues to push toward them. “It’s always gonna be shitty for me, Ronin.” His head tilts on his knees so that his gaze can land on Ronin – but it avoids his face, staring somewhere at his chest or shoulder. “Least you and Remi are on the same side.
SUNJATA