all is fair in love and war
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
right by the entrance you broke, finally reality's taking its hold
He light tone is one that does spark a small smile to curl the edge of his lip where it’s scarred the most, Sunjata’s hand lifting from Aidon to run through his hair instead. “For the first time in a while.” He murmurs his agreement, unsure how that would even go given the circumstances he was in.

But, for Maeve, his attention flits back, leaned forward as he is to fill his glass again. “It is scary. More so for you I imagine.” After all she was the one that had to deal with the whole being pregnant. Sunjata, on the other hand, had hardly taken a part in it aside from getting Safrin pregnant, only to have Kamaria arrive on his doorstep aged past the baby stage. "It'll be worth it, though, I'm sure."

He leans back, however, sipping from the rum again and lets it settle in his stomach, lets it warm up the ice in his veins. A dark brow rises toward her, his head tilting avian-like in question. “So, what was it then?
you're not who you were, but you can't let it go
you're not where you're from, but you're always alone
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

It's the first smile she's gotten from him in what seems like ages. At least since they last trained together. Aidon grumbles when the Flood finally stops petting him, moving to curl back up in front of the fire instead, tucking his wings in tightly against his body. Maeve offers him a smile in return, a quiet laugh rising in her throat, wrinkling her nose as she takes another long sip of her tea. "So glad I can provide a bit of ease in this area at least."

Maeve nods slowly, chewing on her bottom lip, "It's not so much being pregnant part, but the timing of it all. It's not like with Kamaria. They won't be raised in the stars until they're her age." She's not sure if Safrin would even be able to do anything about it. How would it even work if she was to ask? Maeve wants to think that the goddess would take pity on her baby, allowing them to grow more quickly so they could be safe, but she's not sure how to even broach it. "It will be." She agrees softly, knowing this for a fact. No matter what, this baby would be a light in her life. Despite the fall out between her Locke, the child was conceived from love and that would never change.

Maee straightens up slightly, focusing on him more fully, "I've been thinking since the party... Not everyone is going to be able to fight. There are people in Torchline that will need protection." She starts, taking another sip of her tea, letting it wet her throat. "I think we should start converting some places into safe houses. The Halenani being one of them. I'd like your support in doing so."
NO ONE WANTS YOU WHEN YOU HAVE NO HEART
AND I’M SITTING PRETTY IN MY BRAND NEW SCARS
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
He’s glad too. Because if for nothing else, the fact that she hasn’t added more to his plate so far, and while it filled up hers – he’s tired of sharing the plate. He needs enough time to be able to go through his, to figure out the ins and outs of himself for once, to focus on his family – because she’s been to the party. She heard what that voice had said. Two years or less, before his family were either ripped from him or he was forced to make even more of a choice.

Still, the thought manages to bring the ice back into his veins as he swallows more of the rum down to chase it away. “Of course it isn’t like Kamaria.” He comments quietly, observationally. “But I don’t think there’s any harm in asking? I heard Vervain’s child Felix stumbled across a shrine when he was a toddler and suddenly came back a teenager.” He regards her curiously. “And attuned.” Of course, it would depend. But he doesn’t think it’s unreasonable for her to simply go and ask about it.

As for what ideas she has, he moves to lean back again – the hand originally petting Aidon moves to hold the glass, while the other drapes along the back of the couch and he stretches out his long legs, watching as she straightens up. “Correct.” He agrees – something he’s also been worried about. “We had already planned on having the Wren Society and the Clinic open up as options. More would be useful.” He casts a quick glance around the space, before his gaze falls back onto her again. “I can see if Nate might be able to help put together some emergency supplies in the meantime you might be able to keep stored in each room just in case?
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

A tightness she didn't realize had gathered around her heart eases and she lets out a breath, "I don't think so either... I'm going to speak with Safrin again soon. Perhaps she'll have some insight for me." Maeve murmurs softly, finishing off her tea and setting the empty cup back onto the tray, tugging a blanket from the back of the couch to drape over her lap. "I want them safe. I'm sure you understand that. Having a baby in war isn't feasible." How could she possibly fight or defend her home if she had a baby to worry about on top of it? It was too dangerous and not something Maeve was interested in risking. Her child's life was her new priority.

"With the new layout I can house more here than we ever could before. We'd be able to double up on rooms in both buildings. Right now we have space for at least fifty families if they had a single room. That's not even including the living spaces." It would be cramped, but they would have somewhere safe to stay. A place to take shelter. Maeve holds his gaze, listening to his offer and nodding in response, "If he's willing. I would appreciate it. How you any other thoughts on what we can do?" She asks softly, arching a dark brow as her head cocks to the side.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He nods to her before he’s chewing on his cheek, considering her words a bit more closely. “Of course I understand.” He hums, stretching out a bit more with a quiet sigh. “I have the comfort in knowing that if something gets dangerous or difficult that Safrin will be there for our daughter if I am unable to be.” He thinks that it might be quite possible that Kamaria might get to spend some time in the stars while war rages on, if only for her protection.

Or, if she were to remain, then Safrin’s love would extend to some amount of protection in and of itself, right?

As the subject shifts, though, he nods to her. “It’s no small number.” Agreeing, Sunjata lifts the glass to his lips again, meeting Maeve’s gaze before he continues on. “I’m sure he’d be willing to do that.” There wasn’t any doubt in his mind that Nate would be unwilling to help his people, after all. “Other thoughts? I’d say just… Stocking up, preparing and perhaps training your workers, making a emergency plan that they all know about and can enact when it comes.
SUNJATA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve nods, drawing the blanket further up her chest, taking comfort in the weight of it as it settles over her. The Madame could only hope that she would be able to say the same. That Safrin or even Frey would have mercy on her baby. She would appeal to them all if she had to. "I only hope I can be afforded the same comfort in some way." She murmurs, gaze far off for a moment as she considers what that might look like for her own child. Would she take them up to the stars? Hide them away? Maeve couldn't be certain, but she knew she needed to speak with the goddess either way.

"Should I send him a letter or would you prefer to speak to him?" She finally asks in regard to Nate, unsure of the best way for her to approach it. The last time they were in the same space, the man still seemed rather irritated with her, sending glares her way whenever she was in his field of view. Whether that would be the case with this was up in the air. The Madame hopes they can at least be civil for the sake of the citizens of Torchline they would be working to help. "I'll keep all of that in mind. I've received some training myself, but I think having a class put together for those interested in learning first aid would be a smart idea." Not just among her workers, but for everyone who might care to learn.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He hums his agreement – wondering what kind of things would be possible for someone close to the goddess in the sky – even if she weren’t as close to her as he was. But he doesn’t air the thoughts, doesn’t let them form on his tongue even. Because then she’s talking about sending Nate a letter and Sunjata watches her carefully for a long moment, sucking on his teeth as he considers it. “Either or. If you prefer I speak to him I can do that.” He offers quietly, shrugging a shoulder in response.

He knows they don’t get along. It’s up to her whether she wants to still refrain from seeing him or if she wished to send the letter herself.

The rest of his ideas, though, are tacked onto her own and he nods. “It certainly can’t hurt.” The more people that knew basic first aid, the better, right? Right. So where was the harm in learning when each room would be stocked with the tools necessary for it? Specifically so they could use it if it were to ever happen? “It’ll help not just for the war but for after, too, I’m sure.
SUNJATA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

No, she wasn't tied to the goddess in the same way as Sunjata was. She wasn't bound through a child or through gifts that allowed her to change her form at will. It wasn't the same, but Maeve felt it in her bones that she was well on her way to being tied to Safrin just as tightly. The goddess had plans for her. The Madame knew this in her gut. Whether or not the Flood was aware of such things wasn't for her to worry about. Maeve would do whatever it took to keep her child safe. If that meant promising them to Safrin and the stars above, then so be it.

Despite the way her thoughts are torn between the life forming in her belly and the task on hand, Maeve doesn't miss the way he studies her. He won't find any unease with this discussion even as they speak of Nate. While it isn't a secret that neither of them get on with one another, she wouldn't let that keep her from making sure those under her care were prepared. If she had to stomach an afternoon with the Ascended to ensure that then she would. If only because the comfort of those beneath her mattered more than her own discomfort for a day. "You have enough to deal with. I'll write to him and he can decided how he would like to proceed." Maeve finally says, meeting his steel gaze with the seaglass of her own, gauging his thoughts on the other proposed idea.

"Undoubtedly. I can mention that to him as well if he's open to it. I know that Seren was interested in learning more practical healing as well. Perhaps we could post a notice and go from there?" She suggests, reaching for the bottle of rum and topping off his glass before settling back against the arm of the couch, fingers idly running across her belly beneath the blanket.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Alright.” Sunjata agrees swiftly, pausing a moment to nod before he’s lifting the glass to his lips again, taking a smaller sip and leans back again as the alcohol burns in his gut. If she wanted to start the conversation, then so be it. Who was he to say otherwise?

Her options have him drawing another small nod, considering it. Neither Nate nor Seren got along either, so it might be better to have an equalizer there or to have Nate explain and train others that could participate in a training of sorts. Or maybe, Nate would have had a moments rest given Sunjata’s plan for the Grounds trip between them, to be able to figure out the best way to share the information across the board.

Either way, Sunjata doesn’t know, nor does he want to speak for Nate. If anything, he’d rather speak to Nate about it. “Perhaps. Things have been busy for us but I’m hoping they calm down soon.
SUNJATA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve nods, relaxing into the cushions of the couch with a little sigh, exhaustion waying heavy on her person. She tries her best to push it aside, focusing on the conversation at hand to the best of her ability, "I hope they do as well. If you think it better to speak to him about it, then by all means." Maeve murmurs, leaving that particular topic be now that they worked out the specifics as much as they could. She grows quiet, pursing her lips, mind churning now that it didn't have something to focus on. There was nothing to distract her from the ache in her chest or the longing that continued to linger there, thoughts drawn back to Locke and how they left things, wishing he was here with her.

"Jata... If you see Locke before I do, can you try to talk to him? I'm going to when he gets back, but maybe he'll listen to you. As much as I think he hates it, you're both rather similar. Maybe you'll get through to him." Unless Locke really doesn't want her. Unless she really was nothing to him. The Madame can't help wondering if it was all a lie. If he never truly felt anything for her. The pain wells up again, catching her off guard, inhaling sharply as tears suddenly sting her eyes and threaten to spill. She looks down, fingers twisting in the blanket nervously, "I love him and I- I thought he loved me. He told me he did. That he wanted all of me and now... Now I don't even know why he left."

Her voice breaks more than she wishes it to, cracking with emotion as she sits across from him, tears slipping down her cheeks despite her best efforts to keep her emotions in check. Maeve licks her lips, brows knitting together as her heartbreak makes itself known, no longer content being buried deep within her chest.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
If nothing else, Sunjata can definitely pass word along so that Nate isn’t surprised when Maeve’s letter arrives. As it stands now, though, he simply nods in agreement to her, nursing the glass a bit before he leans forward to set it on the table – sinking back into the cushions as the alcohol melds within him and burns in his gut, soothing the rough, jagged edges of himself.

And when she speaks again, his attention flickers to her face. There’s a pang of sympathy there, but it’s also paired with confusion. He rarely sees Locke, it’s unlikely he’d see him before she had a chance to talk to him, but he supposes if it helps then he could try to. Of course, he doesn’t know when the Ark will be back and he certainly doesn’t know where he’ll be in that time.

I can try to, Maeve, but… I don’t know him. I don’t particularly want to stick my nose into something where it doesn’t belong to begin with.” He sighs, tilting his head to regard her more carefully. “I don’t know why he’d listen to me over someone else? Over you?” He pauses, regarding her a bit more carefully before his gaze flickers to the fire and away from her tears.

He knows he’s being unhelpful, but it doesn’t make sense to him. “If he’s anything like me, then he might be scared and pushing you away?” A shoulder rises in a shrug. “When Luci died again, it took me a very long time to tell anyone I loved them.” He works his jaw in thought. “It took until basically my fucking engagement with Nate before I was even able to tell him that I loved him.” His gaze flickers back to Maeve’s face, wondering if she’s understanding what he’s getting at.

Love is terrifying. And to have it ripped away so many times? He stopped offering it to begin with.
SUNJATA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve wipes at her cheeks only for new tears to replace them as her shoulders lift in a shrug, quiet sniffles mingling with the sound of the fire in the hearth, a heavy ache in her chest. Aidon, sensing his bonded's distress, rose from his place by the fire. He is quick to lay his head in her lap, nuzzling against her belly and hand with a quiet trill, sending comfort along their bond. She lifts a hand, placing it on his head and rubbing over the warm scales there gently, drawing in a shaky breath. "I know... I just-" Maeve's words die in her throat and she hates how weak she feels; how broken she is in front of him. Despite the fact that she's seen him crumble many times now. "I know he likes you... I just thought maybe if it was an outside perspective."

She dares a glance at him, exhaling shakily, afraid to see judgement on his features or swirling in those grey eyes she used to love so much. "If he is pushing me away because he's scared then of course he isn't going to listen to me. I tried talking to him that night. I tried asking him what was wrong and what I could do to fix it. He wouldn't answer me." Maeve knows it isn't his problem. He doesn't have to care or fix it or anything else for that matter, but the need for support is strong, craving to know that she has people on her side. That she has support.

Briefly her mind flickers to Adam and the conversation they had in the room, recalling how he said he'd be there for her, but she hesitates now to act on it. Still, it's a thought to explore later if she needs to.

Maeve licks her lips, wiping away at her tears with the sleeve of her sweater, trying to pull herself together. There are pieces of her shattered everywhere, sharp and broken, ready to cut anyone who gets to close. Anyone without gloves that tries to handle her. She's trying to patch herself up, but it's hard when it feels like pieces of yourself are missing. "He told me he'd burn all of Caido down for me once..." The confession is a whisper, a sacred memory that she's sharing with him, unsure of why it matters in this moment besides that it feels important. As if the fact he was willing to do that meant something for them. Maybe it did or maybe she was a naive little girl waiting for a happy ending that wasn't ever going to come.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He works his jaw a fraction as she speaks, the mention of Locke liking him, even if it complicates things further. Would Locke even listen to him given the fact that he and Maeve had spent plenty of nights together while he still didn’t know that she was with Locke? Would it even matter? He sucks in a breath, letting the words come to the surface before he squashes them down – watching her with something somber, something gentler than he has in a while.

Maybe it’s something you can’t fix, Maeve. Maybe it’s something he has to fix on his own time?” He suggests, before exhaling slowly, looking over toward the fire, back to Aidon who tries to comfort Maeve, and while Sunjata isn’t really in the mindset of comforting other people, she had comforted him while Nate was gone.

So he reaches forward, trying to tug her in against his chest to give her a light squeeze, some attempt at comfort even if he’s unsure if it’s a good idea. She’ll find his heartbeat smooth and steady, warmth radiating from him from beneath the shirt he wears. “Maybe it just takes time?” He suggests a bit quieter, unsure what would help.

Everyone knew he wasn’t good at wording what he wanted to say, not even in the face of his own death.
SUNJATA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

If she knew where Jata's thoughts were at, she would have told him that they hadn't been together officially all that time ago. That her nights with the Flood were while she was unattached, but she's not aware of this misunderstanding. The Madame doesn't know of this internal debate, too lost in her own emotions to see him wrestling with it, letting his words die instead of voicing them.

She knows he's likely right. That she can't fix things herself. That Locke likely needs to figure it out himself. That while she has her things worked out it doesn't mean that he does. Maeve sniffles, nodding sadly, hating the way it all twists in her belly into a nasty knot that she doesn't know how to untangle. What she isn't expecting is for Sunjata to suddenly reach forward, tugging her gently into his embrace, letting her curl against his chest. Maeve makes herself small, dropping her head against his shoulder, nuzzling there lightly as she lets the familiarity of it all soothe her. He's solid and warm against her and for the first time she breathes a little easier.

"Maybe." Maeve murmurs, voice rough and hoarse from crying, barely above a whisper as she draws in a shaky breath. She has more she wants to say, but she can't bring herself to voice anything else, instead simply taking comfort in his arms.