Debated Questions
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3215
Lightning makes no sound until is strikes
Sah stood at the entrance to the shrine, eyeing the entrance with some trepidation. Catching onto his mood, Lilly paced beside him, her eyes glancing at their surroundings cautiously. Although he was nervous, the Abandoned did not regret his choice to come. The need for answers, especially with the recent announcement of war, had been too strong to ignore.  And with Wessex's word that no harm should come to him if he did this, he had no reason to give in to the urge.

Sah could only hope that the demigod would keep her word, just as he had kept his. He had a hunch that she would. But  even so, there was no way that Sah could enter a shrine to one of Caido's gods without worry. And so the Outlander found himself restlessly waiting at the rendezvous point for Wessex to arrive.
Sah
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
Of course she appears at the designated time and place; Sah doesn’t know it yet, but Wessex is one of the people who will show up when she says she’ll show up. As quiet as a shadow, a figure materializes out of already swirling snow and approaches, waving at the Outlander first. “Hi Sah,” she says, somewhat brightly, and with no knowledge of the betrayal going on below them in the Citadel.

“Good to see the various plots didn’t keep you away,” she says with a small smile before eyeing the wolf pup. “Oh, hello. Offering the back of her hand so that Lilly might smell her and deem her worthy (or not), the demigod looks back at Sah before gesturing with her other hand towards the shrine. “After you, whenever you’re ready.”
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah gave a low chuckle. “Hello to you too Wessex. Seems not, perhaps I was being overly suspicious.” His brow was minorly furrowed. “Nothing has blatantly happened yet, so perhaps what seems to be stirring is a way’s off.” He too was ignorant of what was about to break out in Halo.

The Abandoned smiled softly at the demigod’s reaction to his companion. “This is Lilly. She’s only a few months old.” He introduced as Lilly stepped forward, eyeing Wessex curiously. Giving a sniff, she gave Wessex’s offered hand a gentle lick before returning to Sah’s side.

“Stay out here Lilly. Watch our backs. I’ll see you in a bit, ok pup?” Sah instructed, getting on one knee to ruffle her ears. Lilly gave a small wag before taking up a post at the entrance.

Giving a nod towards Wessex, Sah tood up. “Thank you again for this. For coming with me and giving me this opportunity in the first place.” Taking one last deep breath, he entered the shrine.

(If Sah’s roll isn’t good enough for the Voice, Wessex will use a shrine slot.)
Sah
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
WESSEX
Following in after Sah, Wessex takes in the beauty of the Shrine (Bastien really had outdone himself with this one, it’s a pity it’s hidden so far up in the mountains) for a moment before turning to face the metal-and-stone altar. Sah might see something in her shift as she breathes in unnecessarily and seems to relax in both safety and anticipation.

“Lady,” she begins. “I have a friend, here, Sah, who’s an Abandoned Outlander. I’ve managed to persuade him that there are two sides to every story and he should hear yours, especially if he still wants to help the Ascended. If you have the time, of course.” Tilting her face up, the Wraith waits patiently, hands clasped behind her, to see if the Voice will show.
No, I’ll be the stone
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah noticed the soothing affect that the shrine on the Wraith, and it settled some of his own nerves. Turning to the shrine, it truly was beautiful, he mimicked her posture but also inclined his head in respect.

Letting out a breath he gave his own case. "It's as Wessex says. I came to Caido less then a year ago, just as the tension began to truly mount. My world was at it's end and being brought through your portal, intentional or not, saved my life. And yet ever since I've been here, the history I've been told has been put in such black and white terms. And always biased towards the Old Gods. Things are never so simple as good and evil, not when it comes to reality and actual people.  So I'm certain that the story that I've been told has been altered."

Sah took a breath to steady his nerves. "If you're willing, would you please tell me your side of it? Arrogant as it is to ask, I would be grateful to hear both sides of what happened before I'm forced to make any choices." He swallowed harshly but he was being completely genuine. Coming into Caido on the brink of war as an Abandoned Outlander was a unique experience. Bound to none of the gods and wanted by none as he was, Sah had the luxury of choice to a degree. And although he felt arrogant to ask this of the Voice, he wanted to make the right choice, for himself and for Caido.

(If Sah’s roll isn’t good enough for the Voice, Wessex will use a shrine slot.)
Sah

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
the VOICE
In reality's shadow the blind see best
In warmth breath of electricity, the Voice appears. Unbothered by the cold as Wessex is, the Voice offers the hunter an enigmatic smile. "You are very clever to see through their attempts to skew history in their favour, for one who has not been here for very long." She muses softly, before turning her gaze to Wessex with an inquiring look.

"I am sure Wessex is quite capable of answering your questions. She one of my best and brightest. I brought you here from a world on the brink of death and giving you another chance of life, and still you ask more of me?" Her words are patient and measured, as her electric gaze turns back to Sah.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
The Voice's actual presence has Sah tensing slightly. This was his first encounter with one of Caido's gods. Her presence and aura alone tell Sah all that he needs to know. That the insisted claims from those who follow the Old Gods that the Voice is not a real goddess, are horribly wrong. The being in front of him might not have started out divine, but she certainly was now.

Her question is a fair one, the very reason that the Outlander had hesitant in coming here. Sah glanced up to meet her eyes, gaze steady but still respectful.  The only reason he hadn't taken a knee so far was how Wessex was behaving. Sah got the feeling that perhaps kneeling wouldn't be appreciated. But it still felt odd to stand and speak with a Goddess he knew nothing of.

So instead he strove to be as respectful as he could.  "It was Wessex's suggestion that I come speak with you. And I agreed. Some things are too important to hear second-hand." He grimaced, brows furrowed slightly. "Every second-hand account I've heard so far has been filled with contradictions and holes."

Sah took a breath, steadying his nerves. "I have no right to ask anything else of you. I'm grateful to be alive and that's enough for me. But if you are willing and have the time, I would appreciate hearing your side of what happened. Please."
Sah
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
It’s true, of course, she had convinced him to come. “There are some things I can’t describe, Lady. Some things have to be felt. And to speak with you,” she begins, though the interruption won’t be long, “to feel your warmth, and know you’re giving him more of a chance than the heralds ever would.”

But she was doing the work that the Voice had asked her to do, to find allies, to work outside their family. Looking from Sah to her Lady, she tries to give him a don’t fuck this up now that she's here look. Harm might not come to him here, but she knows first hand how he can piss someone off.

If I've wasted your time, my apologies in advance. she thinks, knowing she'll probably catch shit for it later if it all went downhill.
No, I’ll be the stone

Change author:
the VOICE
The Voice considers, before giving her head a shake. "By your own logic, of the things you have heard of me from the old gods and their followers, I am a liar as much as a murderer. If Wessex's words cannot be believed, there is no reason to think I would not lie to you either." She points out logically, though kindly.

"But it isn't only for that reason I do not justify myself by speaking of the past." She continues. "What occurred centuries and centuries ago...it all matters so very little now. I would rather you look around and decide for yourself where you think you belong, than make a decision based on the pages of history.

The ascended are a family. We start no race wars. We are not biased against the other races. We have made portals for all to use that the world might act as one again. Even now we continue to open more and more in the Wilds even as we're persecuted, even as the heralds and old gods actively call for our death."

Pausing, the Voice's eyes flickering, she sighs. "Tell me. Is there anything I could tell you of things that happened three hundred years ago, that would justify this sort of behaviour now?"
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah felt frustrated, not at Wessex, and certainly not at the Voice. At himself. Why was incapable of articulating what he asking for? He didn't want justifications, or reasons. He simply wanted to know what the fuck had happened. Everyone he'd asked had either told him to ask the Gods, or had given him a three paragraph, child-friendly summary. He would have believed Wessex, but she too had just told him to come here. And here he was, and he was still as clueless as could be. What was he doing wrong that he couldn't get a straight answer out of anyone? His stomach dropped. Did no one actually know?

But that frustration would do him zero favors, especially since it wasn't directed to either of the entities present. So keeping a straight face and letting out slow breath, Sah forced his frustration away. Instead, he listened to what the Voice had to say. Doing his best to take in her words with unbiased ears, pushing all that he'd been told previously out the window for the duration of the conversation.

And the Voice did have a solid point. To judge someone for the current state of things when the catalyst of it all was centuries ago, made sense. But he was aware of recent altercations as well, ones that of course, no one had explained. Deimos almost did, but even he stopped short of giving actual answers, only vague warnings.

And so as the Voice finishes speaking, Sah's lips twitched into a cynical smile. "Of course not. Nothing, past or present could ever justify genocide." He stated firmly. "And the fact that the Old Gods call for the massacre of the Ascended is the only straight answer that I've been given about this war. Everything else has been smoke and mirrors."

He shook his head, teeth gritted, having to stamp down his frustration again. "But I get that I'm an Abandoned Outlander, still new to Caido. I'm not entitled to any answers." His voice held a hint of solemn acceptance. Acceptance of his situation, and of the fact that he wouldn't be getting the answers he so desperately sought today.
Sah

Change author:
the VOICE
"That should tell you more than enough." The Voice replies with a simple tilt of her head. "Our family has no secrets. Speak again with them, but not about the past. Ask them about their present experiences. Ask them about the things done and said against them. About the danger they experience simply because they are alive."

With a glance to Wessex, The Voice turns back to Sah. "They say those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it, but consider your ignorance a gift. You are unbiased. Take a look at the world as it is now and decide for yourself what you think is right." Pausing, a small smile pulls her lips apart. "I see your frustrations, Outlander. I could reach out and make you believe any version of history I want. Letting you decide for yourself is the only way for you to know that your mind has not been made up for you."
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah nodded in acceptance of the Voice's words. Speaking further with the Ascended was a good idea, and it would give him further perspective. "I will." The Outlander wasn't sure if any would be willing to talk about it with a stranger, but it was certainly worth a try. The more information he could get, the more he'd understand and the better equipped he'd be to decide his future.

"Ignorance as a gift? That's a good way to put it. I've been trying to see it that way, but it's still rather overwhelming." He shook his head slightly, recalling the stress that had come in hand with such status. The rush of information, conflicting as it could be, and the press of time to make use of it. The countdown to choose a path.

The Voice's acknowledgement of his frustration had a small smile coming to Sah's face, her calm presence soothing him somewhat.  "Thank you." Really what else could he say to a Goddess who was trying to let him choose for himself? "And thank you for your advice as well. I hope I haven't wasted your time too much. I truly appreciate you meeting with me." Although he hadn't received the information he'd set out to gain, this meeting hadn't been a waste.

Meeting one of Caido's gods and putting a face to the name was valuable. Sah felt that he had a better grip on just who she was as well. That and the advice alone had made this trip worth it.
Sah
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
When it feels like the conversation is coming to a natural conclusion, Wessex finally speaks up again from where she’d removed herself. She can’t tell whether or not Sah will actually take any of it to heart, whether he’ll prove himself a liar and a hypocrite or not, but she can say she’s done her best. “I can introduce you to the Ascended in the Grounds” she says quietly, “If you’re truly interested in following through. It’s your choice, of course.”

Is it a bit manipulative? Yes. But getting him to say it out loud again is one way to hold him accountable.

Turning her face to her Goddess, Wessex nods and offers a small smile. She knows this is the way the Voice does things - free will had always been one of her pillars. Maybe if Sah ever meets one of the heralds, he'll see the difference in the way they interact with their followers. “Thank you again, Lady.”
No, I’ll be the stone

Change author:
the VOICE
Turning her enigmatic gaze toward Wessex, the Voice nods. Tell him of the plague Rae allowed that killed everything in Hak Etme if you like. Tell him of how they sacrificed their own people to keep us imprisoned. But more than that, show him the world as it is right now. How we have done nothing but give with our portals. How we merely ask to be left to exist. One didn't need a lesson in history to understand the petulance and racism of the old gods.

"You have not wasted my time at all, young light." The Voice says to Sah. "Were I to give you what you asked for, to make up your mind for you, I would be no better than those who try to kill my family." She replies, sounding almost apologetic.

"If ever you wish to become more than what the old gods have forced upon you...you know where to find me."

The Voice disappears in a shiver of electricity.

~FIN