(SE) everything's in retrograde
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
i am on a journey to discover what it's like to be free of all my demons
It might be just outside the hollowed building of the Slagveld, but it’s still a space he has planned to fix up – at some point this season, hopefully sooner rather than later. For now, though, he can’t do anything with the influx of fucking pumpkins everywhere. He knows that it’s not Fangorn, and all the attempts he’s had for trying to distract the gourds as he had learned while Melita had been home? All for naught.

The Ark has set sail again and Sunjata hasn’t seen the honeybee girl. He can only assume she’s hopped on the ship again, departed with Fangorn, which means that these gourds? These ones are fair fucking game.

He’s realized quickly that he can get more of them in one go as his dragon shift – and he sits easily in the street of Haulani in that scaled form, wings tucked in tight, clawed hands stomping on the creatures to try and keep them from infiltrating the Slagveld.
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 9 - Int: 0
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Paige

Paige hadn't thought much about it being Leafchange. Except for the fact that it was much cooler outside. She went skipping off like usual, intent to play, cause mischief, and generally goof off until dusk as per her mother's rules. Maybe she'd even find Kamaria out and about! It had been a good thought, but that's before she learned about all the really angry pumpkins that wanted nothing more than to munch on her.

She's been trying to get back home, but there are so many pumpkins. Way too many. Paige decided to hide in the messed up building cause it had a door. Even though her momma has told her many times not to play by the Slagveld because it's dangerous since it's all burned up, but the pumpkins are much more dangerous in her opinion. Thank you very much! She peeks out one of the windows, standing up on her tip toes just in time to see a dragon. Her eyes go wide, but she remembers Auntie Maeve telling her about Mr. Sunjata's different shifts and everyone knows he can be a dragon.

Maybe he can help her get back home too! After he finishes smashing all the pumpkins. The girl looks around, find a staff on a rack that's more than a little big for her and hurries towards the door, pushing it open with some effort, staff at the ready to give one of the approaching pumpkins a good whack. "I can help!" She calls out, scurrying forward after sending the pumpkin rolling with the hit, moving to take cover at his side instead.
Love you to the moon and to Saturn
Passed down like folk songs, the love lasts so long
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
It’s a messy affair, really, between the squealching of pumpkins and the mess he’s leaving behind, but it seems to be working for the most part — the droves waiting in almost hesitation. And Sunjata continues his small rampage, slamming clawed hand down again and again, crushing more of the pumpkins time and time again. Even there’s a moment where his tail sweeps out, bouncing a barrage of them back.

And that’s when he notices a pumpkin he definitely didn’t hit go slipping along the muck, his horned and scaled head tilting with teeth sharp and bared initially, until he spies a small child with what appears from this distance to be a bat. Upon further inspection, he sees that it’s a staff, but he rumbles his appreciation for the girl anyway — even after he scouts for a parent from this distance.

When none are found, he continues to smash some of the pumpkins, batting at some of them with his tail and wings, a steel grey eye following Paige to ensure her safety too.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Paige

The girl falters when Sunjata turns, teeth bared and a low rumble in his throat, blue eyes going wide as she trips over her own feet. She slips in pumpkin guts, but isn't deterred by the mess that sticks to her boots. A tiny hand flashes out to brace against his side, keeping herself steady before she's ducking under his wing, moving closer to the giant clawed feet he's using to smash the pumpkins to bits. "You're really good at this!" Paige declares, using her too big staff to hit another gourd, putting a nice dent in its side.

Kamaraia was never going to believe that she smashed pumpkins with her dad! None of the other kids would believe it either, but that's alright. She was having fun anyway. Her momma might be a little mad that she's gotten herself mixed up in this mess, but they were everywhere! What else was she supposed to do? So lost in her thoughts, Paige doesn't realize how close one of the vampire gourds has gotten, lashing out with its vines to grip at her ankles. A yelp of surprise rises in her throat and she fumbles trying to hit it.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
There’s a rumble of sound that’s repeated toward the girl, one that almost seems to say ‘it’s easy when you’re the size of a bus’, but given that he hasn’t shifted back and she isn’t attuned, it goes nowhere other than a sound of confirmation and the continued way he steps on the gourds.

They come into quiet droves again, some of them lingering and thinking better of it, Sunjata offering bared teeth and deep growls to those that hang back, as if daring them to approach. But then Paige gets trapped by one, yelping as she tries to hit it and his large, broad head is swinging back, picking up the offending gourd as it releases it’s hold on her so that he can shred it between his teeth and ensure she goes unharmed, if not a little bit messy with pumpkin guts.
SUNJATA
Paige Berkley

Change author:
Paige

Even if she did understand him, the girl doesn't know what a bus is and the comparison would be lost on her, but the rumbles are enough for her to feel that she was understood. The excitement of battling pumpkins is short lived when she's attacked by one that's a bit more daring than the others. It lashes out at her ankles and her weak hit is enough to make it lose its grip. Sunjata takes care of the rest, taking it into his mouth and crushing it between his teeth, splattering seeds and guts everywhere. Some get in her hair, others on her clothes, and the rest find a home across her arms and face. "So slimy... Yuck!"

The small girl wipes at her face with her free hand, trying to get some of the pumpkin off of her now that she's relatively safe. Not much harm can come to her when she's beside a dragon. That's the rules. Feeling emboldened by her large body guard, Paige darts in front of him, waving her staff and stamping her foot. "You better run away or Mr. Jata is gonna eat all of you!" With a wide grin, Paige glances over her shoulder at Sunjata, waiting for confirmation that she was right in saying that. He would eat them, right? If not that then definitely stomp them into bits!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
A grumble of apology is sent toward the little girl, but Sunjata isn’t upset at the pumpkins that continued to infest everything. At least they’ve calmed down now, given him and the girl (one he slowly begins to recognize due to Kamaria’s play dates) working together to ward them off.

He watches as she charges ahead of him, staff raised and poised to threaten the rest of the pumpkins and Sunjata’s head nears hers, quite a few feet above hers as he snarls toward the pumpkins as well. Luckily for them, the pumpkins seem to have better things to do – less defended structures to infiltrate, which leaves Sunjata withdrawing a fraction, tucking his wings in tight as he lets his gaze focus on her curiously.

His tail flickers back toward the Halenani, as if that’s any indication of where she needs to go – because honestly, he’s unsure.
SUNJATA
Paige Berkley

Change author:
Paige

The pumpkins turn away from them, intent on bumbling and rolling off towards better opportunities, no longer interested in facing off against a dragon. Smugly, Paige turns back to Sunjata, beaming up at him proudly as if she was the one who chased them off. "Did you see the way I hit that one with my stick?" She asks, hopping on the balls of her feet before him, adjusting her grip on the staff the way Sah had showed her before. "It came over and was like 'Grrr! I'm going to bite you!' and I just gave it a big hit and it went rolling!" Paige exclaims, giving the pumpkin a silly voice as she reenacts the scene for him, shifting back and forth between the parts before dissolving into a fit of giggles.

Finally she gets herself together enough to follow where he's motioning too, "Oh yeah... Momma is probably wondering where I am." Her eyes flick up to the sky, noting how it has started to ease towards dusk, meaning that the stars were going to come out soon. "M'supposed to be home by sunset. That's the rule." Paige explains, chewing on her bottom lip as she looks up at the large dragon. "Momma always says if the stars are out and above me then I'm not where I'm meant to be."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
She prattles on and the dragon watches her with a curious steel gaze, listening to her story before his large head bobs in agreement. He had seen her, even if it had surprised him immensely. And perhaps she’d gotten a lot of sugar or something with the way she re-enacts the scene for him, bouncing around and falling into fits of giggling, something he’s wholly unprepared for.

But then she’s mentioning that her mother is likely wondering where she is, and the statement given of if the stars are out and above her then she isn’t where she’s meant to be, Sunjata finds smart. He nods his large head again, before he lowers it to the ground, among the muck of the pumpkin guts, as if suggesting she hop on so he can take her home.

If nothing else, at least having her mother and aunt ensured of her safety on the way would be worth it, right?
SUNJATA
Paige Berkley

Change author:
Paige

Sunjata nods his big head and Paige purses her lips, suddenly feeling a bit shy, wondering what he might say if he could talk right now. Probably something about listening to her mother and hurrying home. Instead he says nothing, lowering his head down until she could potentially climb on. Paige approaches slowly, holding onto her stolen staff, holding onto his neck with one hand and about to climb on before she pauses. "Is it okay for me to have this?" She asks about the too big staff, waiting for his confirmation before she gets rid of it or tries to hang onto it as she climbs onto the back of his neck, holding on tightly.

"Okay, I'm ready, Mr. Sunjata." She chirps from her new resting spot, scooting herself back so she's sitting at his shoulders instead of high up on his neck, finding it more comfortable back here instead.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Luckily for Paige, he can’t talk in this form. And so he doesn’t say anything, remaining silent aside from the lowering of his head – the invitation to hop on so that he can take her home to avoid more of the pumpkin onslaught. She asks if it’s okay to have the big staff and truthfully, he doesn’t know where she got it in the first place, so he just snorts his agreement to letting her have it.

What’s the harm, anyway? It’s basically just a big stick.

So she climbs on and Sunjata waits until she’s comfortable, before he’s rising and pushing up to tuck his wings in and make himself as small as possible to tread through Haulani, heading for the outside of the Halenani so that she might be able to get home quickly. And once he’s there, he lowers his body back to the ground, tucking his wing alongside himself so that she might have a slide of sorts to slip down to get to the door of the home-side of the Halenani.
SUNJATA
Paige Berkley

Change author:
Paige

She got it from his boxing ring, but he doesn't need to know that. He said she could keep it and that's all that really matters to her. Paige holds onto it tightly while also holding onto him with her legs, trying to keep from slipping off of him as he pads through the streets of Haulani, grinning smugly at everyone who seemed utterly surprised by the sight the pair made. She can't wait to tell her momma about what she's done. Not only that but Kamaria when she has her tea party with her soon.

When they get to the Halenani, Sunjata extends a wing so she might slide down it onto the ground, giggling the whole way until her feet hit solid ground again. Maeve is there waiting, a brow arched and arms crossed over her chest, "Paige, love, your mum is looking for you." She murmurs, shaking her head at the little girl as she comes rushing up to Maeve, pausing at the steps to look back at Sunjata. "Mr. Jata, can Kamaria come over for a tea party soon? We're going to make scones and have little sandwiches and everything!" The little girl looks up at him with hopeful eyes, still holding on tightly to her stolen staff, waiting for his confirmation before she dares to run inside.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
She slides down his wing and once she’s steady on the ground – even if she’s in a fit of giggles – he tucks it back in, his steel gaze drifting from girl to Madame, before it flits back to Paige as he’s addressed again. And in this form, it takes everything within him not to bristle at the thought of letting Kamaria go anywhere right now given the recent events, so all he can muster at first is the flaring of his nostrils before his head is rising and he clicks his maw.

He offers a short nod, coming somewhat to his senses, despite letting the protectiveness of this shift outweigh the majority of the rest of it. Perhaps a tea party at his home would be better suited.

For now, though, he’s said yes, and his steel gaze looks over Maeve a brief moment before he’s rising back on his feet and extending his legs, preparing to take to the skies to head back home now that the remains of the Slagveld have been protected for the moment from those blood thirsty gourds.
SUNJATA
Paige Berkley

Change author:
Paige

Paige isn't aware of his internal struggle or monologue. Instead she smiles brightly when he nods, bouncing on the balls of her feet excitedly, "I'm going to write her an invitation and everything!" She declares, starting to dart inside before pausing again, turning to give him a little wave. "Thank you for bringing me home, Mr. Sunjata." Paige chirps before she's darting inside to show her momma her new staff and tell her about her day.

Mave offers Sunjata a small smile, dipping her head in a nod towards the Flood, "Have a nice night, beastie. Thank you for getting her back safely." She murmurs, knowing that he can hear her easily despite his shift, waiting for him to take off before heading inside herself where she and Elaine are soon regaled with stories of pumpkin smashing by the exuberant child.

~FIN <3~