[SE] Pumpkin Pests (Open)
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3215
yet my blood renders me a King
Sah was walking through the town, sword in hand. The gourds had decided that that morning was a great time to be an annoyance. There was an entire swarm meandering the town biting people and sneaking into food stores. It was honestly a little ridiculous to see a bunch of bright orange pests running around in the snow.  

Ridiculous or not, they were causing quite a bit of damage and showed no signs of stopping. And so Sah and Lilly were out doing their part to chase them off. The wolf pup would corral them towards her bonded with flashing teeth, and the Abandoned would then strike them down with his sword. It was slow going, but the tactic was working so far. The pumpkins had currently targeted a storage building and that was where Sah found himself.
Sah
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Cordelia

They were a nuisance and Cordelia was already over them. She had better things to do then fight off pumpkins who thought it wise to snap at ankles and steal their food. The woman would much rather be preparing for the coming Deepfrost than dealing with this, but they were a problem and someone needed to deal with them. She followed a group of them towards the storehouse, bow drawn and an arrow knocked, ready to take out the little swarm.

The Attuned kept moving even as she drew her arrow back and let it loose, spearing one of the pumpkins that was attempting to sneak up behind another person. The man not realizing his back was open to assault. "Should really keep your back covered!" Cordelia called out to him, wind whipping her dark hair around her face.
Say something, something like you love me
Less you want to move away from the noise of this place
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah heard the distinct sound of an arrow going loose and whipped around just in time to see the pumpkin go down. He glanced up at the woman who had just saved him from a bitten ankle. "Thanks! Care to keep watching mine and help me with these?" The question was sent over his shoulder as the Abandoned turned back to dealing with the swarm. Sword in hand and wolf pup beside him, the Outlander was doing his best to keep the gourds from entering the building. At times he'd even resort to using his telekinesis to yank them off of windows.

"We can't let them get in! This building has grain stores that we need for Deepfrost!" He called out to the woman. It was part of the reason why Sah had come here.  The gourds always seemed to get into the last thing you'd want them to. And in Halo, stored food was vital for the entire population.
Sah
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Cordelia

A soft snort left her, breath fogging up in the chilly air that was already getting colder, but she knocked another arrow to let loose towards a pumpkin that was attempting to scale the side of the building. "Looks like you need it." She retorted, sending out a few more arrows in quick succession, taking down as many as she was able to in a matter of seconds. The woman shifted to get a better angle, whipping around with her bow to hit one of the smaller pumpkins, smashing it on the snowy ground.

As if she didn't know what the building had inside of it. As if she wasn't aware of the affect it would have if they got inside. They would have a very hard Deepfrost next season. Cordelia drew closer, kicking a few that were in her way, smashing others with her boots. "Watch your left!" She called out just as one lashed out with its vines for his ankles.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah gave a small chuckle at the jibe but turned his attention on the gourds. He was glad to have a ranged fighter watching his back as it allowed him to focus more on the threats in front of him. And as he expected, Cordelia proved herself useful. At her warning, Sah jumped in the air to avoid the vines, landing on them instead and pinning the gourd. The second the creature was immobilized, Lilly leapt and took it apart with her teeth.

As Cordelia turned towards the ones on the ground, Sah glanced behind her. His eyes narrowed as one pumpkin attempted to jump on her back. Before it could, Sah clicked his wrist, sending the creature sprawling with his telekinesis. He thanked his lucky stars that the creature had ben in range and small enough for such a thing to work. "They're trying to jump down from the other roofs!" He warned, eyeing more trying to mimic their fallen comrade.
Sah
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

She spun quickly, already taking aim above her and shooting multiple from the roof before they had a chance to jump, others tumbling to their death before they could land on her back. Cordelia wasn't about to let them get the drop on her or him for that matter. She bared her teeth, eyes narrowing as she released arrow after arrow after arrow, trying to thin the swarm down. Her irritation palpable at the situation. The hunter wasn't to be deterred, weeding them out until there weren't anymore to come off the roof.

With that done, she turned back towards the storehouse, sending another arrow into the side of a larger pumpkin that seemed to be the ringleader of the group. "Take that one out!" Cordelia called to the Abandoned, releasing another arrow into its back, making it tumble and hiss as it lashed out with its vines for Sah.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
"On it!" Sah eyed the identified gourd, easily picking up on Cordelia's thinking. The smaller gourds seemed to be looking towards this one for cues. If this was the leader, then perhaps killing it would make the others flee. Or at the very least, panic and grow disorganized. As the leader's vines shot out towards Sah, the Outlander jumped. Landing heavily on the vines, he caused the gourd to screech in annoyance. Before it could yank its vines free and knock Sah off balance, he stabbed the tendrils with his sword. The lightning coating the blade traveled up the vines and struck the gourd.

Shrieking with pain the leader was overcome by the lightning. In it's pain filled distraction, Sah rushed up and finished it off with a slice.
Sah
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

The hunter drew back another arrow, releasing it towards the larger pumpkin as Sah caught its vines, slicing through them cleanly. At hearing the shriek from their supposed leader, the other gouds begin to falter, seeming a lot more hesitant to move forward now that it's being attacked by Sah. Cordelia turned her attention to them instead, sending arrow after arrow into the thinning swarm as Sah struck down the large Vampire Gourd, leaving them all without any direction. The last of them began to bumble away, tripping over their own vines and each other, running towards the safety of spaces unpopulated by girls with arrows and boys with swords.

Cordelia huffed, straightening up and lowering her bow finally, pushing windswept hair from her face. "Nasty little things. None of them got in, did they?" She called towards Sah, stepping over slain pumpkins and scattered guts that were already freezing in the snow.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah wiped the sweat from his brow as the vampire gourds fled. He kept his eyes on the pests until they were out of sight and gone for good. He then turned to his companion with a triumphant grin. "No I'm fine. Thank you for the assist. Did any of them get you?" Sah walked over to Cordelia as he cleaned his sword and sheathed it. Lilly had finished her snack and bounded over to sniff the new person eagerly, tail wagging away.

Once he was close enough, the Abandoned stuck out a hand in greeting. "I'm Sah and the pup is Lilly. Thanks again for the help." Although the gourds weren't particularly hard to defeat, it was much easier to have someone watching your back.  And now the grain store was safe once more.
Sah
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

Cordelia put away her own weapon, shaking her head as she pushed at one of the now dead gourds with the toe of her boot, "No, they didn't manage to get me. Only had the one close call." She said easily, turning her attention from the man who looked strangely familiar to the wolf pup instead, a soft smile tugging on her lips. Bending slightly to scratch beneath Lilly's chin, Cordelia cooed at the other animal, glancing back up at Sah as he introduced himself. The name rang a bell and she straightened once more, tucking a stray bit of hair behind her ear before stuffing her hands into the pockets of her jacket.

"Cordelia. You seem familiar. You come around here often?" She asked, arching a brow as her head cocked to the side curiously, eyes running over him quickly to see if she could place him at all. Perhaps he just came into trade often. There was a good chance of that.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah nodded in confirmation, glad to see she was fine as well. Her question had him appraising her curiously. "I live around here actually, have since I came to Caido last year." The Outlander paused in his study, brows furrowing slightly in thought. "You're familiar to me as well. Cordelia, you said?" Something Ilma had mentioned came to mind and his eyes widened as it clicked. "Oh! Are you Aino's cousin by any chance? I'm her adopted brother."

If this was the same Cordelia, that would certainly explain the familiarity. They'd have likely passed by each other plenty of times even though they hadn't been formally introduced yet. Adopted cousins, that was a thing right?
Sah
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

At the mention of her cousin's name, Cordelia perked up considerably, the previously icy exterior melting away and a smile slipped into place instead. She nodded her confirmation, drawing her jacket more tightly around her thin frame, "Yeah, that's me. Cordelia Limore." The woman extended a gloved hand to him, giving his a shake when he took it, head cocking to the side at the last part he tacked on. "Adopted brother, huh? Didn't know she was still adopting strays." She huffed a soft laugh, drawing her hand back to put in her pocket once more, wrinkling her nose at the cold.

She was pretty sure she heard Aino mention something about him before, but Aino was always mentioning things. So it isn't surprising that this particular thing hadn't stuck with her. "How did that happen then? Her deciding to adopt you?"
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
"Nice to meet you Cordelia." Sah shook her  offered hand

The stray comment pulled a small snort of laughter from the Outlander. "I was quite the stray. I don't think she thought it'd be ethical to leave me to my own devices." At that he gave a rueful laugh, shaking his head. "I wasn't human in my world, so my learning curve to adjust to Caido was steeper then most. Ilma had her work cut out making me functional."

Sah's smile was amused as he recalled his early months in this new world. "I was a mess. Ilma stepped in to teach me just about everything. Reading, writing, basics to human interactions, customs, and an entire array of incredibly awkward but necessary things." The Outlander was a bit traumatized over some of those lectures. Thankful given the necessity, but traumatized nonetheless. "I spent so much time with her that she basically just decided that I was her kid. Referred to  Aino my 'sister' out of nowhere one day, and the rest is history."
Sah
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

The archer dropped his hand, a small smile still on her lips, but it was more reserved now. She wrapped her arms around her middle, listening to his story and the whole time wondering just how she managed to miss him. How hadn't she put two and two together? Had she just been that wrapped up in her own family and helping her father provide that it didn't occur to her to even notice?

"Aunt Ilma does that kind of thing... Lucky for you, I suppose. Being a stranger in this land isn't easy." Cordelia said with a soft hum, glancing behind her and spotting the dark clouds that were beginning to form. "Looks like we might be getting a storm here soon. Want to head down to the inn and get some cider?" She asked, looking for an excuse to get out of the cold, wishing to have a moment to defrost her fingers.