like the darkness before the dawn

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Safrin
Wake up.... Her voice would slip into their dreams, rousing them gently from sleep like warm hands upon their shoulders. Dark hair would be pushed from their faces by a warm breeze that will remove all traces of sleep and leave them feeling refreshed and with the urge to step out to see the sea. A trail of fireflies will direct them to the shore.

To Safrin.

With her hands clasped behind her back, Safrin stands in a gown that seemed to be made of starlight. Her eyes are on the sea, where bioluminescent creatures swirl and pulse. The waves which crash against the beach wet her bare feet, though the sand does not try to capture and sink her the way it normally would. Instead, it waits patiently just as she does.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Only one person has ever slipped into her dreams before, but this isn't the work of the Lullaby. She's roused from her sleep gently, a soft caress bringing her to consciousness and when she wakes it feels as if she's finally gotten a full night's rest. The Madame doesn't even change, pulling on a sweater over her night clothes, feet bare as she's drawn by an unseen urge to the shore. Fireflies light her path and it's second nature to follow them, down and down through town until her toes find the powdery fine sand of the beach.

Her jade eyes fall upon her goddess and a breath is drawn from her lungs in a rush, heart racing at the sight of her, struck by how beautiful she is and how lucky she feels to be able to bask in her light. Quietly she approaches, coming to a stop only a foot or so away, the slowly cooling waters lapping at her toes as she wraps her arms around her middle. "Safrin." The Madame can't help the smile that blooms on her face or the warm comfort that wraps around her like the softest blanket. "You look beautiful." The compliment is filled with awe, like a child marvelling at their mother dressed up for a party, enraptured by the picture she paints.
Honey just put your sweet lips on my lips
We should just kiss like real people do
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
don't worry about the
darkness in my soul
Her feet are quiet in the sand, the breath in her lungs deep and tempering. Like a ghost in the night, she wanders over the rise, following her own trail of fireflies. She can see Maeve and Safrin's backs to her, from where they stand together on the shore.

"Yes, she does..." she agrees with a low, quiet voice as she approaches.

There is a small smile on her features, though it does not quite reach her eyes as they linger on Safrin's face. There is caution within her own gaze, curiosity too. She settles in between the both of them, shoulder brushing against the Madame's, comforted by her familiarity. Glancing at Maeve, and then back to the starlit goddess, she asks with a concerned look, "Is everything alright, Safrin?"
it ignites me
like an embered coal

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Safrin
"Hello my doves." So different the two are, and yet so very similar. Both born with fires in their bellies and no clear path that taps all of their potentials. Aurelia as Arbiter, taking statements and running about with the Ark. Maeve as Madame, sheltering those without homes and keeping smiles on faces. They were both capable of so much more, and yet the world was slow to see what Safrin did. Both had clawed their way to where they stood now, but each deserved a boost.

"Of course it is." With a smile for Aurelia, Safrin looks up toward the sky. "Tonight will see the dawn of a new light in Torchline. A light that I want you both to carry for me." Lowering her gaze, her long black lashes fluttering over her galactic stare, the goddess regards each woman for a moment.

"Sunjata has stepped down as Governor of Torchline. He and his family are planning a little...reprieve." She says this with a light shrug, indicating she won't be taking questions about it. "Which of course leaves Torchline needing a Governor. Or two." Her smile widens as a warm breeze trickles in from far out across the ocean. "This land has been ruled too long by men, don't you agree?"
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

It doesn't come as much of a surprise to Maeve. They had spoken about her concerns regarding the now former governor the last time she went to see the goddess. Maeve had been eager to step up then and she is still now. Despite the few bumps that she now will have in her road. The Madame has lived without power for far too long and she's tired of having to fight for every little scrap she claims.

Her hand reaches for Aurelia's, twining their fingers together and giving them a squeeze of support, offering her silent reassurance as Safrin speaks. Maeve squares her shoulders, lifting her chin as she holds herself tall before Safrin, nodding her agreement. "I do. I think that together," she looks to Aurelia now, offering the woman a small smile, jade eyes holding her friend's for a moment before she continues. "Together we can shore this land up for you, Safrin."

Maeve looks back to her goddess, an eager fire already flaring in her belly, a desire to please and to serve the herald before her.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Aurelia
don't worry about the
darkness in my soul
Aurelia feels Maeve's hand against hers and gives it an instinctual squeeze, keeping hold of those slender fingers in reassurance - for the both of them. Just as Safrin informs them of what she's called them here for. Maeve doesn't seem to falter, which helps cushion Aurelia's surprise.

Her expression falls from concern to shock and her grip on Maeve slacks with it. Confused, she looks between the two of them quickly, feeling like she's been left out of the loop until now. But Maeve's easy confidence bleeds into her and, in spite of the plethora of questions flitting across her mind, she eases into the idea.

Her gaze meets Maeve's, green to green.

It has been a long, hard life. That Sunjata and Nate were leaving is news to her and it hurts but... in every possible way, she understands. That did not mean they could all step away, however. Especially not now. She had killed for Torchline already, had swore to protect it the moment she took the job of Arbiter. This opportunity spoke to her, and that it's handed to her by a goddess is a thing of its own.

"After recent events, I'd be honored to light the way for Torchline. It needs strong leadership now more than ever," she says, lifting her gaze back to Safrin steadily. "Men have ruled it for too long," she dares to add, with a sly grin cast at Maeve, feeling a sudden surge of excitement and ambition bubble together in the pit of her stomach.
it ignites me
like an embered coal

Change author:
Safrin
"Then together the three of us shall see Torchline rise once again." Beaming at the pair before her, Safrin nods in determined agreement. "No decisions made rashly. Though emotions and tempers may flare, what is best for Torchline shall always take precedent, mmm?" Raising a brow, she Safrin doesn't bother to follow up these words with examples. Her new leaders could supply many on their own, she was sure.

"Choose your council as you see fit. Though...might I suggest Harper? He is quite a keen lad and has been quite helpful to me in the past." This, is truly said as a suggestion. The pair could do as they saw fit.

"Perhaps you might...also think of a new government building? Somewhere a bit more official than a boxing ring...?" Offering Maeve and Aurelia a wink, Safrin lifts her chin with a brief laugh. "Once all of that is completed, come back to me and we shall see what Torchline wants to fix their sites on first, in terms of a regional quest."

Congratulations! Maeve and Aurelia have been named the new Governors of TL!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Her smile only grows, beaming brightly up at Safrin in return, "We'll serve you well, Safrin." Maeve vows, knowing that Aurelia would agree with the sentiment. They would be level headed, fair, and consistent. Together they would share this burden.

Maeve nods in agreement, "I know Harper. I worked with him before at the Halenani. I will write to him and speak with him soon." She spares a glance to Aurelia, "The rest we can discuss later?" Maeve murmurs, more checking in to make sure her new partner was on the same page as her.

Her gaze shifts back to Safrin and she nods, "We'll get started on it in the coming days. I think both of us are eager to begin." There is determination in her gaze and a fire in her belly. She's been given an opprotunity and she's not going to squander it. Not now, not ever.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
don't worry about the
darkness in my soul
Aurelia's lips shut tightly together at the insinuation that emotions and tempers would flare. For a moment, she is silent as Maeve says the right thing, that they'll serve her well. It's what she should echo as well, but her voice stirs in her throat and instead she says to Safrin, "I know I've made mistakes in the past as well as here but.. I consider this place my home, I know it has always been Maeve's. Entrusting this task to us... Torchline will rise again. We will see it through whatever comes."

As for matters of a council, Aurelia already has someone in mind. Although, that conversation would be an interesting one. She lets Maeve speak on Harper, and gives a small nod to show her support. He had stepped forward when Gideon gave his speech in the streets of Torchline, to try and stop Nate from attacking the man. She didn't see an issue with having someone like that within their inner circle. In fact, she would prefer it.

Aurelia grasps Maeve's hand a more steadily and promises, "We'll build something in your name and image, Safrin." She tips her head to incline it towards Maeve, thinking that she'll agree on this as well.
it ignites me
like an embered coal

Change author:
Safrin
The deity beams. She meant it when she said she believed fully in Aurelia and Maeve's potential, but that they followed up their ascension with all the right words and flourishes of flattery? She adored them for that.

"Go then, my shooting stars. Burn brightly." Above Torchline, the stars twinkle and laugh their agreement. All those below who are awake to see it shall witness one of the most beautiful and vibrant displays of light and shooting stars as they streak across the sky.

"I will see you soon, my queens." Before she goes, the goddess leans forward to kiss each woman gently on the lips. Where they touch, a pulse of starlight blooms between them; the taste of it is sweet and powerful, just like this moment.

~FIN

-- Maeve and Aurelia have received +2 luck!