i believe her, i believe her
for the Voice
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
BASTIEN

The new King (he hated that title, but it was what the majority of people in the Grounds would refer to him as, unfortunately) headed to the Atheneum with his hands joined behind his back, knowing he had to made this journey before he began to make any decisions in his rule. Isla was busy, looking after patients and her infirmary, so he would make this trip and report back; in a way, Bastien liked that more. He would be able to be a little selfish at the end of the conversation perhaps and ask for what he had been thinking of for a few weeks too.

First and foremost though, he was there as the Grounds Leader.

Standing before the shrine in the shelves, head bowed a little, his accented voice came smoothly over the silent Atheneum air: "Voice, I apologise for coming to see you in perhaps the least impressive of your shrines, but I do not have the time to make a further trip. I assume you are aware of Isla and I and our new positions...I wanted to ask what your visions were for the Grounds going forwards. Where you want us to lead to. With so much on the line, I dare not make the decisions myself without your input."
Oh, and there we were all in one place
A generation lost in space

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
All light vanishes from the Atheneum.

If there are lanterns, they blow out. Any moonlight streaming in through the windows simply ceases. And Bastien, though his vision can cut easily through the shadows, is blind in the face of this darkness.

The chime of a bell.

A howling wind and then--

G-g-g-get

Electricity will dance behind Bastien's eyelids.

T-t-to th    e

His blood will fizz in his veins.

Court.
the CORE
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
BASTIEN

Bastien expected one of two things to happen after his prayer: either the uneasy silence of a rejected plea or the appearance of his Goddess before him. Nothing prepared him for the sudden plunge into blackness, especially not a kind of dark that even his Ascended eyes could not penetrate. With a yell of surprise, he took a step back but was stopped by the shelf behind him.

The chime of the bell and the sudden bizarre sensation of something in his mind, something electric and surging and not a spirit yet not the Voice--

"Court? What court?" He gasped out, piecing together the words the voice had said in his mind a moment after they were uttered and finding that they still did not make sense. "I don't understand!"

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
He does not understand and it does not matter - he must. He must.

The connection has been made and it churns through him from here, vibrating along every nerve ending, burning into his mind.

Get to the Court
Get to the Court
Get to the Court
Get to the Court
Get to the Court
Get to the Court
Get to the Court
Get to the Court

And it breaks and glitches only when it seems to latch onto something else. Something closer. Something more immediately doable.

H-h-holes

His bones will seem to tremor.

for

Bastien does not feel pain, and yet this will hurt.

P-peep i n g

G-
g-
g-
go
the CORE
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN

The sensation of pain, of overwhelming pressure in his head after so long of numb blankness was intense; Bastien grabbed the sides of his head as the message rebounded between his ears over and over: Get to the court. Get to the court.

It was repeated and repeated and he still didn't know what it meant. The instruction felt desperate, important, almost a plea, but Bastien was lost on how to help. Finally, after what felt like years, with a new surge of hurt, different words came. No less cryptic, but further clues; in the moment he would still be just as baffled by it, but once his mind was less full of pain and static he'd remember being told of a place in the Ouerwoud.

"I--I will try.." He promised weakly, unsure of what else to say, but one burning question did force its way through the ache: "Who are you?"

Change author:
Who? Who indeed.

I am-mm

Everything. The fluid in his veins, the hum of his heart.

Y-
y-

you.

A sensation like breathing, hissing through his ears, fingers in his flesh, lightning lancing up the backs of his legs.

I am the Core, bright one. I am the core of all of you.

But then, quite simply, the presence is gone. Vanished.

And Bastien will be left quite alone.
the CORE
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN

The answer came, as unclear as the rest of them and still as vibrant in his body, buzzing through his veins and shaking through his teeth. Even though he wanted to hear the words Bastien slapped his hands over his ears out of instinct - not that it mattered, the voice reached within.

"I-- I--" He didn't have time. Before he could ask more, even understand what it was he was hearing, Bastien was alone.

He'd gotten far more than he'd bargained for when he came looking for suggestions for the Grounds. Shakily, he laid on the floor and stared up at the books for a while, trying to digest and think over what he had heard, what he had learnt - was this was religious experiences on Earth had been like? Bone shattering, all-encompassing, terrifying?

Holes for peeping. He had to work it out.

{FIN}