[se] look back at the mess you've made
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
what tried to destroy you
didn't have the strength
Back into the press of the Climb, with its bizarre outreach, with the entanglements of pumpkins. He’d taken a different route altogether today though – drawn by curiosity, by needing his mind blank, not reeling, not seething, not doing anything but exploring, wondering, and puzzling through the nature of the world around him.

Zuriel and Belial followed suit, the former because he requested it, and the latter because the young peryton required some exercise, floating along rims and reaches, clearly intending to hunt down gore crows. But the Sword’s attention meandered on the depths of the realm he’d found himself within: not the familiar Frey’s Breath, not the pits of smoke and fire, not falls beyond falls, but rising parapets, and chambers of obsidian. Gaze narrowing, halting before the strange pews and rectangular blocks of stone, he tilted his head, completely ignoring the rumbling hisses of the gourds.
still you stand
sturdy and smelling of smoke
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Cordelia

Food was food. That's how she thought of it. So when you hear that there are vampire gourds of all shapes and sizes in the Wild, you don't pass up the opprotunity to bag a few. Especially when they're still good for roasting. That's how she found herself in the Climb, bow in hand and a large pack on her back, intent on bringing back enough of the nasty little things to feed her family for some time. She doesn't even realize that she's not up here alone, easily moving through the rough terrain, boots crunching softly across the ground.

It isn't until there is a bit of movement ahead of her that she stopped, raising her bow and preparing to shoot, just in case. Quietly she lowered herself into a crouch, easing herself forward, eyes bright as she scanned for the source of the movement that was much too large to be a vampire gourd.
Say something, something like you love me
Less you want to move away from the noise of this place
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
didn't have the strength
While Deimos was occupied, quietly pressing his wake into the obsidian earth, curiosity bringing him to a massive basin in the middle of the room, Belial certainly wasn’t. Nimble, young, spry, and full of energy, the peryton breezed along the tops of pews, extending his wings, soaring in the foreign heat, twisting, turning –

And finding another hiding in the midst.

Unaware if this individual was a threat to him, or his own, the little beast released a loud, obnoxious screech, and dove, dove, dove down towards this stranger.

Alarming the Sword, who’d only been poking around and investigating; head raised on high alert, he maneuvered quickly, efficiently, over to the source of the companion’s attention. Zuriel remained, in her usual bravado, completely unimpressed – moving forward only to sniff at a few of the pews.

Intending to collect the peryton, his hand reached out for the smaller menace, when his eyes segmented on the unfamiliar being in the midst; bow raised, that he arched his brow, withholding a snort. “Apologies for my companion.”
still you stand
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Cordelia

The screech had her on high alert and if it wasn't for the fact that Deimos was there seconds later, seizing his companion, Cordelia likely would have released her arrow without a second that. As it is, she lowered her bow, jaw feathers as she caught the barely contained snort from the man, eyes narrowing for only a moment before she straightened up to stand. If it wasn't for the fact she recognized him from his previously held position, the woman would have likely let her tongue get the better of her, but as it is she keeps it in check.

Standing up once more, Cordelia offered a small smile, shaking her head in response to his apology. "It's alright. They were merely doing their job, right?" She said with a chuckle, lowering her bow to her side even as the Vampire Gourds continued their hissing and snapping from their hiding spots around them.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
didn't have the strength
Belial, despite the impending lecture, was quite pleased with himself – trilling, head high and indulgent, as Deimos seized him, tucking the peryton under his arm as he moved back to give the woman space. “Yes, but there are better ways,” and his brow furrowed downward at the young, winged deer, whose plumage had unfurled and twitched about with obvious delight. The General sighed, shook his head, and maneuvered onward, kicking a few pumpkins meandering in his path, ignoring the way they rolled away, and went back to inspect the massive basin.

Dropping the companion to the ground, and with Zuriel still remaining indifferent to the void, his attention riveted over several subject matters; curiosity for the world, land, at hand, and the stranger in its midst. “I am Deimos,” by way of introduction, as he circled around the monolithic figure and found nothing in particular. His piercing gaze landed on her, thinking he recognized her figure from some proportions in Halo; maybe at the latest meeting when everyone’s guards had been raised and hostile. Casting nothing more than an arched brow, his eyes wandered to her weapon. “Are you hunting the gourds?”
still you stand
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

Perhaps it wasn't an appropriate time to laugh, but Cordelia couldn't help the almost undignified snort that rose from her at Belial's obvious pleasure over having done his job. A hand came up to cover her mouth, dark eyes widening as her cheeks flushed pink and she quickly schooled her expression. She tried to at least. "Right. Much better ways." Cordelia managed through barely contained laughter, trailing after the larger man with light steps, curiosity getting the better of her now that the danger seemed to have passed.

"I know." She chirped in response to his name before realizing that was likely a rather rude way of going about things. Cordelia straightened up a bit more, clearing her throat awkwardly, "I mean, I know you from Halo. I've seen you around." Hoping to salvage the awkward start, she stuck out her hand, remembering her father saying something about a firm handshake being a good way to start a relationship. "I'm Cordelia. Limore. I'm from Halo too." First and last name given out of habit, knowing that it would be likely that he knew someone from her family. Probably her father. That's how it usually went.

"Oh! Yes, I am. They, uhm, they make good soup." She replied lamely, shrugging her shoulders as a fresh flush rose to her cheeks. "Helps stretch out the meat..."
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
didn't have the strength
Belial’s ears twitched, and if perytons could smile, it’d be an elongated grin across his mischievous face. For his efforts, he tilted his head and gave another unholy screech towards Cordelia, maybe a thank you, maybe a round of his own undignified laughter. Whatever the case, it caused the arch of the Sword’s brow and a heavy sigh, before rolling his eyes and pushing another gourd out of his wake with a well-timed boot.

His investigations of the area were haphazard at best, between the stranger, the peryton’s antics, and the hoard of pumpkins rambling around. Concentration incapable of being honed on the world around them, his piercing eyes shifted. Eventually he paused, slightly turned and away from the basin, considering the aligned pews, when she spoke to him again. His head tilted a fraction at something he couldn’t quite pinpoint, but extended his hand in return just the same. “What do you do in Halo?” Amongst the fold of survivors?

Crouching down to catch a gourd nearby by the vines, watching it squirm a little, threatening to gnash and bite the air, he snorted; permitting the lightest of smiles to touch over his mouth at the notion of pumpkin soup. “Cookies, muffins too.”
still you stand
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

There were plenty of things to find funny about an incredibly large and grumpy man practically cradling his companion beneath his arm, but there was nothing better than the look of sheer annoyance that settled on his features. He always seemed so serious. For any other expression to be on his face just seemed wrong, but Cordelia took a quiet delight in this one. If only because his companion seemed to delight in it as well.

At first, she thought he might ignore her handshake, so caught up in poking around that she was close to dropping it. However, he finally stuck out his own and she took it in a firm grasp, giving it a good shake. Nice and firm. Just like he father taught her. "I'm a hunter. With my father and Noah. Well, I don't hunt with Noah, but my father does." Cordelia bumbled with her words and if her cheeks weren't already red they would certainly be now.

"I don't think mother has tried baking with them before..." She mused softly, watching the barely there smile twitch on his lips and she wondered what exactly made him smile like that. Were muffins and cookies the way to his good graces?
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
didn't have the strength
A hunter; a normal occupation for Halo. He nodded, inclining the slightest of smiles. “Ah, then you must know Sah.” Considering the Abandoned had been attempting to make a name for himself in the same realm – and the amount of tracking animals they’d already done. Providing food for the rest of the inhabitants of the icy world was just one proportion of the day. Noah, pre-Wardening, likely went without saying.

Distracted momentarily by the notions of…not baking pumpkin, the Sword wound the gourd in his hands around lightly in the air for a second, pausing to orchestrate, create, a basket between his palms. At the very least, if they caught enough, they’d need a container to hold the wares within. Thereafter, he plopped the wriggling beast into its newest confinement, listening to it grumble without much of a care. Belial chirped again, completely and thoroughly amused, poking at the ends of the newly woven proportions, while Deimos meandered on. “Missing out. Bread. Scones too.”
still you stand
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

"I do, actually. He's my cousin. Well, adopted cousin. Not real cousin." Cordelia said of Sah, giving him a small nod in confirmation, knowing that Sah was just as much of a hunter as anyone else. Noah being one of them. The thought of the Warden had her cheeks flushing, remembering the last time they were in the Climb together, both of them hunting pumpkins together. How he had liked her shift. Quickly the Attuned pushed the thoughts away, unsure she wanted to actually explain the reason for her suddenly flustered appearance to Deimos.

She would have to tell her mother then. They would definitely have to give it a try. "It seems that way. I'll have to make sure that we give it a try. Maybe bring you some as a thank you if you help me round a few up." Cordelia suggested with a small smile, arching her brow as she watched him create a basket to hold his quarry. An impressive feat to be sure, causing her to tilt her head curiously as he pressed forward, leaving her to trail after him.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
didn't have the strength
His brows lifted out of genuine curiosity, and then some broken amusement, when she mentioned Sah had once more found himself more family. The younger Abandoned had an ability to gather a numerous amount of people around him – either through his constant curiosity, need for sagacity and understanding, or helpful expanse all on his own. Either way, he snorted. “Good to know he has quite a few watching out for him.” Thereafter, the Sword marched his way through another row of pews, slowly chasing down a set of gourds who’d been insistent on retreat the moment he wandered near their expanse; perhaps, luckily for Cordelia, not noticing the blush.

With only a sparse, minute amount of Life Drain angling towards the little beasts, the foul-natured pumpkins were without strength or accord momentarily, permitting him to pick them up by the vines once more, bringing them over to the basket and dropping them within. At her comment, another laugh resounded, but he’d happily snag and take at whatever baked goods were offered his way. “I can agree to that.” His eyes went towards the threshold and quarry. “How many more do you need?”
still you stand
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

Cordelia gave him a nod, slipping between the pews, climbing onto one of them to get a better look around the place they were in. Her brow arched at the snort of a laugh that rose from Deimos, surprised at the sound, but didn't acknowledge it beyond a small smile that curled on her lips. "Yeah, he's been involved with my family for a little while now. My real cousin, Aino, sort of adopted him as a brother. So he's been around." She said with a little shrug, toeing at one of the smaller gourds, causing it to tip onto its side, unable to get back up.

Was she just really funny or was he just in a good mood? Cordelia couldn't tell, to be honest. Instead she grinned over at him, bright and easy, nose wrinkling with it. "We have a deal then." She chirped, bounding from pew to pew, steps light as she avoided the vines of the stull hissing guards. "Maybe about four or five? Should be plenty for soup and baked goods."
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
didn't have the strength
Fully aware of Aino’s persistence in educating Sah, Deimos nodded at the confirmation and explanation. There was no judgement in the particulars; family found still conspired into bonds, even if it wasn’t blood. He’d snagged a few in his wake too – even if he habitually lost many along the way – and it spoke of acceptance, credence, faith, rather than an adherence to someone solely based on where they sat amongst one’s lineage. “I have been giving him some lessons in magic. He is quick learner.” And so much more to go; based on the timeframe they’d been allotted before war and upheavals.

With no further need to wax poetical on the subject, his eyes glanced towards Belial – who’d only been sniffing around since his scolding. Considering the beast’s punishment already instilled, the Sword gave him a nod, and the peryton was off; wild and eager, trilling upwards on untamed plumage and eaves, and subsequently seeking out a horde of gourds. And then, once more, dive-bombing them with absolute, raptorial glee.

Shaking his head, the Sword continued onward, rummaging past the basin in the center. “Good,” he rumbled at the notion of soup and baked items, compliance and accord in his steps as he found another, slightly larger pumpkin, spotting him and turning away, swiftly. Somewhat bemused by the exchange, Deimos gave chase, long sweeping strides echoing off the reel of the pews, before he summoned some earthen wake to snag and capture the heathen.
still you stand
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

It seemed that Sah had a knack for endearing himself to people. Likely because of his easy going nature and desire to simply help. Cordelia knew just how much he did for those he came in contact with. How eagerly he jumped at any opprotunity to provide. There weren't many that she could say that about. The fact that Sah had gained favor from someone like Deimos spoke a lot about him too, she thought. "Yeah, he is." Cordelia agreed easily, trailing behind him almost like a puppy, hopping from pew to pew as they picked their way through the structure.

"I guess they're scared of you." She laughed softly, wrinkling her nose as she watched the pumpkin skitter away from him only to be snagged in his magic, unable to get much further. Cordelia drew an arrow, spotting a smaller one and striking quickly, pinning it before Deimos to pick up so he might add it to their growing basket.