heat waves been faking me out
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
i found hope in a hopeless home
found my father but i lost my soul
They haven’t quite left yet, Sunjata’s relished quite a bit in the relief of simply not having things to tug his attention this way and that. If anything, it’s part of what brings him to her in the first place – being able to ask and prod and annoy for what he wants – it’s fine, it’s Safrin approved after all. He’d arrived early in the day, the crack of dawn as it were, landing on her shoulder with a throaty offer of coming to the Climb with him. It’ll be quick, promise, it’s for Safrin, c’mon it’ll be fun.

And she’d agreed, at least. Still, he doesn’t expect it to be as hot as it is (every time he goes to the Climb he wishes that he could simply take his skin off just to cool off). But he has a cloth in hand, one intended to drag through the ash of the Climb, and what better than the space where the lava’s cooled just so, with storms of ash?

It sounds terrible but also perfect.

He cuts the tiger a smirk once they make it and he immediately spies a pooling of ash from a recent storm, unfurling the cloth (tied to a string because he’s tall and doesn’t want to be bent over the entire time), and he moves to drag it along the edges of the ash, further down. “Congrats, by the way. On the becoming Governor or Queen or whatever it is was you both decided.” He offers her, taking a few more steps through the ash.
i tried to trace it, i aimed to scope
been tryna kill it, but it's all i know
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
I'm ready to run through the heat of the sun
I'm ready to climb this mountain inside
Of course she had agreed. Sunjata has always been her friend, first and foremost. If it were not for his guidance and the way things had panned out with him, she would not be where she is today. She is not so naive or willful to ignore that. Their venture to the Climb would be short, as well; that made this easier to commit to. She could return to Torchline in due time and, though matters were pressing there, this could take some of her attention for the time being.

She pads along after her friend, keeping up with him quite easily now that her legs are about as long as his, and she has twice as many to boot. (No pun intended?) Her pace is lazy, however, casual within this new shift. It feels like she's always known it, this carnal predator which knows it is the true king of the jungle. Or queen, in this case.

At Sunjata's smirk, she directs a knowing green look. Around her bristly whiskers her lips almost seem to smirk too. Oh, relax. Titles don't matter to me so much. We're equals, Sunjata, and we always will be, she tells him, intending to reassure and smooth over any tension that may pop up between them over this awkward exchange of power.

With a more clever tone, there's a rumble in her throat that audibly accompanies her telepathic voice, But thank you anyway, and you can refer to me as Queen Aurelia, of course. She saunters slyly past him, bumping his hip with her shoulder in a playful jest.

With a sweep of her tail (which might slap him in the calf), she jumps forth onto a larger rock formation. The muscles in her legs ripple and her fur shakes as she goes. Her footing is uncertain of how to handle all of this mass in such a way, paws scrabbling at first but, eventually, she regains enough balance to sweep her head around and watch over him from this higher elevation. As well as survey the area around them. You know, I've been around here before, once. With Wessex. We did not stay long, as you can imagine.
I'm ready to hope, swing me out of the low
Wide awake in the glow, can't do it alone
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
Equals they might be, but not in the eyes of Torchline any longer. It’s fine, though, given the current state of things, the new leadership in every single region, the coup in Halo. Sunjata’d prefer not to have to deal with it, though he doesn’t envy what Aurelia is about to deal with. All he has is relief and weight lifted from his shoulders, to give into the cockiness, the ego that has been buried beneath for so long.

He snorts as she continues, though, and Sunjata makes sure she can see the way he rolls his eyes, swatting at her tail as it passes by him. “Sorry, can’t do that.” He teases her lightly, continuing to pull the cloth through the ash, stepping toward another space where more ash has collected. “It’s like, raising a child and then having them be your boss after. It’s weird.” It isn’t at all the same, but Sunjata can’t help the jest where it lies.

He glances up, though, watching the tiger where she sits. “Can’t imagine why.” He mutters under his breath, huffing a laugh. “I haven’t been here before, but Nate and I spent some time in the Cathedral back when we were sick.” He offers her. “Probably don't want to think about that one too hard.” He winks.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Aurelia
She returns his teasing eye roll with a vigorous shake of her head, jowls and ears flapping audibly with it. Her gaze turns sharp as she ascertains their surroundings, ears pricking and stance forward. It's only when he speaks up again, saying something that garners a pained reaction in the bond before she can stifle it, that her demeanor shifts. Her ears lower and she regards him with a softer look.

I'm sorry, Sunjata... she says, the guilt in her voice a stark contrast to her mood moments prior, I feel like this is my fault. At least, in part. She breathes a sigh out through her nostrils, whiskers quivering with it.

As he lifts his gaze up to her, her own drifts down to the rag as he drags it through the ash and soot. Her pupils do dilate at the movement, but she wouldn't dare feed the urge to pounce. Would she?

No. Absolutely not.

At his last comment, her lip curls and she chuffs back at him in feigned disgust. Whatever, she rolls her eyes and looks back out at the ashen wasteland.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Her softer look is shrugged off, Sunjata rolling his tattooed shoulders slightly as he flashes her a softer edged smile. “It’s not your fault, Aurelia.” He rumbles, the honesty coating his words sent across the bond to her. “If it’s anyone’s fault, it’s mine. I let everything grab my attention and tried to please everyone I could to the point that I wasn’t myself anymore.” He stills as he checks the rag to make sure it hasn’t caught fire. When that’s done, he continues to drag it through the ash, letting his gaze flicker back to Aurelia with a small half-smile formed on his lips.

Safrin reminded me about what was important. And staying in Torchline and governing just… Wasn’t it in comparison to my family.” Of course, it was all complicated and it was a realization that was still hard to swallow.

So I needed to try and get the time to actually enjoy it while it lasts.” Because they both know with war coming, his family wouldn’t make it through. At least, not Nate, not in the way Sunjata wished it would.

He does snort to her whatever though, turning just enough to stick his tongue out at her. “Dont you whatever me.” He teases, flashing her a bright grin, probably the most open and playful she’s seen him in some time.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
She nods once with her blocky, striped head, showing him a visible que of understanding. The honesty that pulses across the bond does work to soothe the worry and concern that made her features taut. Her self-doubt feels far weaker in the face of his assurance, as does her guard.

That's a trap I'm afraid of falling into myself... she admits, tone regretful. She watches as he sifts the rag, rolls it, ensures that it hasn't sprung into flames, and listens with ears that flick or swivel from time to time.

She tilts her chin up and her gaze drifts across the scars inlayed on his tattoos, then up to the rugged features of his face. I understand. But... there's a low rumble in her throat, and she shifts her weight on her paws, I'll miss having you around.

As if to ease the tension from this moment and to match the humor she can see so plainly in his grin, she lifts one of her large paws and flexes the muscles so that her claws unsheathe. Whose ass am I supposed to kick in the ring now?! There's a soft chuckle that follows that, since they both know who would kick whose ass. But there's a twinge of sadness underlying it, as well. Things have been irrevocably changed now, and there is no amount of repaired buildings or rebuilt bridges that would make them feel the same.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Her worries are completely valid and Sunjata nods in understanding, before he puffs out a quiet sigh, enough that his cheeks puff out slightly and the scar alongside his face pulls and twists with the movement. “You’re not alone, at least. You have Maeve to balance it out.” It was something he had tried to do with Nate toward the end, before Safrin had cut that idea down as if it were a weed sprouting through the concrete.

There’s a pulse of half surprise and half sadness that sweeps through him and down the attuned bond before he snuffs it out with his need to soothe both himself and her, and he flashes her a brighter smile. “We’ll be around to check in on you.” He murmurs softly, an olive branch for her to be able to find him or for him to seek her out whenever they are indeed around.

He begins to drag the cloth through a bit more ash until the fabric starts to turn a deep grey, one that assures him it’s quite coated before he’s picking it up to fold it and place it in a satchel hanging from his shoulder. “Hm, good question.” He hums, reaching up to tap his chin with a sooty finger, leaving a splotch of black behind. “Guess you’ll need to find a new partner like I had to when Ronin abandoned me.” He teases, because they both know that it’s a joke, that Ronin hadn’t officially abandoned him just as Sunjata hasn’t abandoned Aurelia entirely. “You’ll find someone. It’s amazing how many people out there don’t mind kicking the Governor’s ass now and then.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
Sunjata's surprise toward what she says makes her ears flick down against the back of her head and she looks away, as if feeling suddenly shy or awkward. But as he flashes that brighter smile, she directs her gaze hesitantly back up towards him, spying the way his cheek wrinkles because of his scar. Where will you go? She asks, because... well, she needs to know. So she can, at least, keep an eye on them as much as they would be willing to for her.

Mhmm, she rumbles out playfully, and Sunjata would undoubtedly be able to hear the roll of her eyes, sounds about right.

All joking aside, however, she feels a shift in the atmosphere around them. The sound of pebbles ricocheting across the rocky earth, of scrabbling paws, of heated and heavy panting breaths - it all makes her stiffen. Her head shoots up and immediately her entire body goes rigid, only the thick tip of her tail twitching back and forth to indicate her intense focus.

Aurelia's entire nape - from nose to tail - bristles furiously. Her canines bare in a foreboding gesture, but she relaxes to glance back at Sunjata. Heads up. We've got company.

As if manifesting from the rock and ash, a cluster of fyrhunds begin prowling toward them. The tigress' claws unsheathe instinctively, scraping against the rock surface beneath her. Hey, Sunjata, she pipes up, an ambitious sort of mischief in her tone, what'd'ya say we kick some ass together for once?

At this, a throaty, loud growl erupts from her maws in his direction, to call him to the action. She could certainly use the practice of fighting in this form, as well as alongside him.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
i saw you comin' with the gun in your hands
With the cloth tucked and folded into a pocket, to be continued on his quest later, Sunjata flashes the feline a brighter smile. “King’s End I think. Somewhere close to the water.” Because that’s what he’s always wanted, and Nate had agreed. And if they didn’t want to stay in the bustle of Torchline, then it was the next best thing. A future, for them, to grow closer together before war arrives and tears it apart.

There’s a shift in the atmosphere though, he picks up on it as soon as Aurelia does, his head cocking and his steel gaze following her to spy the creatures heading their way. They’re pissed too, which only allots for Sunjata’s shifts within him to bristle in surprise. He wonders which of his shifts would be better for this, and truthfully? The panther would be fun, if only to sit as Aurelia’s shadow in her larger feline form compared to his.

Or, or, roasting them with electricity?

It’s a split second decision and he huffs a laugh toward the new Queen. “Sounds good to me.” He offers, stepping over the ash clouds away from her to make more room – shifting into his dragon shift, all black scales and sharp jagged teeth, bared at the fyrhunds. Electricity glimmers between the gaps in his sharpened maw, and after a split second, his wings tuck in tight and he takes a step forward beside Aurelia, sending a blast of lightning toward the creatures that have snuck up on them.
i can't want this, i can't want this
SUNJATA
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
I thought it felt right but that right was wrong
King's End, huh? She might've made a comment about the irony but, the humor is soon lost as their surroundings go from peaceful to tense in a matter of moments. Fortunately, thanks to their senses, they were able to detect the approach of their attackers before they were actually ambushed.

She fully expects Sunjata to shift but, what he shifts into takes her by slight surprise. But there's no jump, no fear, only a withstanding trust - and overarching, protective anger directed at their enemies. The fyrhunds' attentions all turn towards the massive dragon that's suddenly appeared, bristling at them and poised to fight. Aurelia's own shoulders square forward but she waits with predatory... patience - oh I remember this feeling, she says haughtily as Sunjata comes up beside her, rolling her shoulders out and loosening the tension in her muscles.

It's been a long time since she was the predator.

Sunjata's blast of lightning makes her start, her stripes a wave of movement as she stills herself in the presence of the ability, as it crackles and sears, a sharp reminder of worse moments. It only seems to incite something else within her, though. A triumphant roar marks the hit as it takes out two of the fyrhunds, sending them to their ashy graves almost immediately.

Another, smarter one of the beasts is approaching from the side, and the moment Aurelia detects its movements she hones her attention onto it. Fiery acid dribbles from its mouth menacingly as it unhinges a challenge at her. There's no snarl, no growl, only intent as she pounds across the stone toward it. It attempts to spit its breath at her, to which she veers off to one side and it just grazes the tips of her fur.

Turning on her heels with ill-practiced difficulty, she forces her entire momentum forward. Their bodies collide with a violent crash, limbs flying and jaws gnashing. But the fyrhund is young, its armor isn't built up over years of eating rock, and her fangs soon find easy purchase on the back of its skull.
all caught up in the eye of the storm
Aurelia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
King’s End. He confirms, the implication lost on him as he focuses on the fyrhunds, as he shifts to take the form of a scaled dragon with jagged, sharp teeth – bared to focus on the canines that plan to try and take them down. They won’t get very far, though, not as the predatory instincts from Aurelia and the audible realization of them have Sunjata rumbling a growling sound of agreement, before his mental voice grows thicker with his accent as the lightning curls around his teeth and forked tongue. It’s a sweet one. He purrs through the bond, head cocking toward her briefly, before he’s focusing intensely on the fyrhunds again.

He sends a blast of lightning their way, taking out two of them immediately, watching as Aurelia’s body pounces on one. He might’ve done the same, provided he weren’t concerned about the burns that might linger after. And truthfully? The Flood has been burned more than enough times that it was something he wanted to avoid at every cost.

Aurelia’s teeth find purchase in the grapple with the fyrhunds, along the back of the remaining one’s skull. There’s a rumble that slips from the dragon as the lightning disappears, as he arrives closer, head lowering toward the battle of the two of them. Get him, Aurelia. Sunjata’s mental voice is a predatory demand, an urge of destruction that courses through the dragon’s veins as he waits for her to make the killing blow.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
The impact leaves a tender spot that'll surely be felt in the following days but, presently, it doesn't suspend her focus. Sunjata's encouragement moments prior would've been all she needed to continue on. As her paws wrap tightly against the fyrhund's chest, as her weight is used against it, her intent breathes red hot determination. It's a fire of her own.

And victory is a tangible feeling as she wrestles the beast to the ground, where it snorts and snarls and spits in protest. Fiery acid dribbles at her paws, at which she hardly flinches. She knows that, if she lets go, she'll end up far worse than a few scabbed paws.

So as she holds the creature down, her fiery green gaze flickers up toward Sunjata - whose demand is met with a throaty growl of her own. The fyrhund, sensing its impending doom, rises up against her one last time. Her growl becomes louder yet muffled as she sinks her long fangs deep. She can feel the crunch of bone between her jaws before she hears it.

Her lips quiver with panting breaths that heave through her lungs but, she doesn't release her prey until several moments after - so that she's sure of its demise. When she does, she steps back and away from the body, leaving it where it lies with a cursory glance.

Maybe they should call it King's Beginning, there's a glint of humor in her gaze as she pads back towards Sunjata. Come on, let's get your... thing, and go - before more of those show up. Not that she's too worried about them being able to handle more - though, at that point, one might call it needless destruction.
Aurelia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
// tonight my demons come out to play, all my anger goes away, i'm ready for it //
King’s Beginning? Sunjata replies mentally, the equivalent of a draconic laugh leaving him in a sparkle of electric veins that slip from his maw. But the fyrhunds are taken care of, and the scaled predator of the Climb settles with it, long tail sweeping up to curl against his side as he watches her with her kill. You really think of me as some sort of King? He teases her lightly, humming a mental chuckle.

He rises once more, only to shrink down into his panther shift, to be a bit smaller than her so that they might be able to trek through the Climb unbothered with two feline predators stalking about. Did you forget I was more of a prince than anything? His ears flicker as he bumps his dark, fuzzy shoulder into the striped meat of Aurelia’s own, whiskers flickering in amusement.

Regardless if he’d won his trial against his father, he’d still lost that day. It was a bittersweet memory, of taking care of the problem that was his father – for good – and yet there was still a part of him that looked over his shoulder any time he strayed up in Aumakua too long. Still a part of him that can still hear the echoing crack of his wing as his father snapped it like a wishbone in King’s End.

He shivers with the memory.
SUNJATA
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
The thicker fur along the edges of her cheeks puffs out and she pauses to look at him, standing there as he is in his dragon shift. The way her gaze flickers over his massive, dark wings and lightning buzzing in his throat should be 'nough said. She shakes out her pelt and turns away, teasing him back, I don't know what you are, she side-eyes him after that, chuckling, watching as he shifts into something smaller and more closely related to her own shift.

When he bumps against her with his shoulder, she has to pause to look at him, lips twitching. Her muscles ripple as she halts, noticing the way he shivers from something hidden beneath the surface. Yeah, well, she jogs up to bump back into him, packing more of a punch into it than he had, attempting to jostle him out of his head, whatever! There's a fond grin somewhere behind her telepathic voice as she veers away to avoid any retaliation.

Maybe you aren't a king.. and maybe this isn't the end. Maybe that's the point. I'd still follow you anywhere, Sunjata! Even to that end. Except right now; right now she takes off ahead of him in a sprint.
Aurelia