whispers in the undergrowth
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Age: 60 | Height: 5'0 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NEPHELE
Nephele had struggled to find a proper offering for the goddess in the days leading up to the agreed upon time with Ronin. She hasn’t exactly intended to become a follower of Ludo - in fact she had insulted the God to its face, hateful and arrogant, the moment it had appeared. Not exactly the angle Nephele was going for this time with Safrin.

Jiao had spoken lovingly of the herald, and perhaps it is the seamstress’ memory that eventually inspired her, but it led to a delicate veil made of hand spun lace, pure as the white light of the moon and stars. Nephele is not the most feminine of creatures, but she does appreciate beauty in all forms, especially women. She’s merely chosen what she thought would look pleasing and appropriate.

Ronin towers even from afar as she approaches at a low easy hover, bare feet grazing the grass before she settles onto her heels. Unwilling to dirty the veil by draping it over the statues or the ground, she holds it slightly away from herself. “Thank you for agreeing to come.” She’s aware he’d likely done it because Remi asked him to and nothing more, but the assistance was appreciated. Turning hawk-gold eyes to the darkening hues of dusk overhead, Nephele takes a slow inhale to bolster herself. “Safrin, if we may have a moment of your time?”
you don't see us, and so we are everywhere
and we will rise up
as red as the dawn

Table Code by Sky!
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749
JUNIPER
you think i'm happy because i'm smiling,
but it's the easiest thing to do
Juniper had never spoken to a god before. For much of her life, she had never intended to. After all, the heralds had been trapped inside the barrier until recently, and the greater gods did not speak directly to their followers. Even when the heralds were first released, Juniper had dismissed her concerns as too petty to be of interest to the gods -- she'd expected the gods to reject her as her fellow Fae had.

But now her concerns were with the defense of the Greatwood as a whole, not some petty interpersonal matter. Safrin might not have been Juniper's first choice of god -- she would have petitioned the Mathair first, and perhaps Frey in their aspect of nature -- but if Nephele and Ronin were going to speak to Safrin, Juniper wanted to be there.

There was Alina's failed quest to speak of, among other things, and Juniper wanted to know what needed to be done firsthand this time.

So she stood, quietly, hanging back a little as Nephele made the offering.
if you looked a little closer,
you'd find my eyes aren't smiling too.

table by Skylark
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
even my darkness shines for you
On the contrary - Ronin is there because he is part of the Greatwood now too, and if they are going to petition his goddess, then he would see it done right. Indeed, as both fae approach, he has already laid things out for them. He has swept the dead leaves from the ground where Safrin might appear, should she choose to grace them with her presence, and high above he has arranged the branches in such a way that starlight pours through and into the shrine. White candles burn between the statuettes which represent his lady of the stars, and between those he has laced Leafchange flowering snowdrops, their delicate scent filling the area.

"It's my pleasure," he assures them both, stepping back to allow Nephele and Juniper to properly make their case. "Be respectful," he cautions. "Particularly since neither of you are followers of Safrin. She does not have to gift you her time or attention, and it would be wise to remember that, if she chooses to do so."
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
Safrin
There was a time when Ronin came to her with nothing more than blue eyes and a charming smile. Now as he schools the new leaders of the Wood on proper decorum, the Greatwood seems to breathe a wistful sigh as starlight pours softly down from the stars.

From a flash of blue and lavender, Safrin appears before the trio. In a gown that seems held together by light and satin, the goddess turns an appraising stare toward both Nephele and Juniper. 'Hello lovely ones.' She beams, offering them each a smile and nod before her attention falls upon Ronin. "Why Ronin. I didn't expect to see you again so soon." There's a purr in her voice, but then, he is her chosen after all.

Reaching out to let her finger drift through one of the flames dancing on a white candle, Safrin smiles softly to herself. "Is a moment of my time really all you're after?"{s/ay} She asks, tilting her chin over her shoulder to glance at Nephele.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Age: 60 | Height: 5'0 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
NEPHELE
Nephele had known she would be beautiful, but Maeve had described her as maternal. Not…well, this. Pale skin and fabric that defies any of the physics she has studied in her life. Nephele scarcely dares to look too long, tan skin darkening in a blush as they are spoken to. It’s almost a relief that Ronin attracts the goddess’ eye far more easily.

Being addressed directly makes her gay heart stutter, but Nephele cannot be daunted. This is for her people.

“Nothing more than information my lady,” she responds, head tilted in deference. “If we can prove ourselves to you in our efforts, only then would I pray for your assistance in our endeavors to protect the Greatwood.” For now they seek information - though perhaps even that is more than the ‘time’ Nephele had requested. She tries not to doubt herself on the technicality of words, instead holding out her offering if Safrin cared to take it, Maeve’s advice on providing gifts a distant murmur in her head.

“I was told Alina came to you seeking a way to harm Ascended who pass through the portal into the Greatwood. That she was unable to complete the tasks you set.” The why and how are beyond her. Alina is not around to defend herself, and she and Juniper must pick up the pieces. Champion their people. Lifting her golden eyes to Safrin’s face, Nephele takes a slow, measured breath. “Is there a way to finish what she started? Or perhaps to start anew?”
and we will rise up
as red as the dawn

Table Code by Sky!
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
JUNIPER
Perhaps Juniper was less personally affected by the goddess's appearance than Nephele, but she still felt an appropriate sense of awe and great respect. She bowed her head in deference, murmuring, "Thank you, my lady" -- a thanks for Safrin's time, and for the compliment she'd offered. But beyond that, Juniper left the talking to Nephele for now. After all, Safrin would hardly be impressed by the two Fae speaking over each other.

Were there other concerns that Nephele had failed to bring up? Perhaps. But so far Safrin had consented only to a moment given, and Juniper didn't want to place too many demands on the goddess at once. When -- or if -- Safrin answered Nephele, Juniper would gauge her mood and decide whether there was more to say.

table by Skylark
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Safrin appears for them and Ronin feels her prescence sweep around him like a warm cloak, warding off the chill of the Leafchange night. He meets his goddess's gaze with a smile before offering a small bow of deference, his hand pressing to his chest. "It appears I cannot stay away," he says softly, then raises his gaze to the Fae and steps back so they might make their plea to the goddess.

From here Ronin is only present as a guardian, though for whom is debatable. Should Nephele and Juniper not tread lightly, there is no telling whether or not the Huntsman will come to their rescue or come to his goddess's defence. Such is his nature this season (and perhaps it always will be).

Ronin will remain silent from here unless directly addressed, so feel free to skip him unless that is the case!
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
Safrin
'She did.' Safrin confirms as her lips turn down in a frown. "Years ago. Such is not the sort of tardiness I expect from the fae." The goddess replies, folding her arms softly across her chest as she considers. Whether it's kindness on her part, Ronin's influence, or simply the desire to claw-back her own presence in these woods so often thought of as belonging to Ludo, the goddess seems to soften.

"I will let the three of you begin again...but with twice what was needed before. Though with your capabilities, I'm sure that will not be a problem?"

Safrin requires:

1. Fae wing clippings
2. "Bits" of every other race (hair, bones, etc etc)
3. Two branches from a wicker woman
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Change author:
NEPHELE
Nephele won't use the excuse of unawareness, the time has already passed and she will not insult Safrin with the gesture. "It should not have happened," she agrees instead. Wondering yet again why Alina had never turned to her sisters for help. They would have without hesitation, and instead they are now here restarting what could have been instated for years now.

When the approval is granted, with higher requirements, Nephele's shoulders fall with relief. Gratitude sweeps over her fair features. "Thank you, my lady. This second chance will not be wasted." We will prove ourselves to you, goes unsaid for sake of pride, but she thinks it with all her heart in the hopes Safrin will hear it all the same. When they return - and she is confident they will - perhaps then they can speak of further things. But for now, they must prove themselves worthy of Safrin's time and power.
and we will rise up
as red as the dawn

Table Code by Sky!
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Change author:
JUNIPER
Juniper grimaced at Safrin's displeasure, nodding as Nephele responded. She had done her best to help Alina, but in the end they had fallen short. The blame for that had to be placed on Alina -- her quest, her responsibility, and she was the one who had directed Juniper's efforts -- but Juniper hated to condemn the woman's failure without giving her a chance to defend herself. And of course Juniper had been involved in the ill-fated attempt, leaving her feeling responsible regardless.

Still, they had a second chance. And this time Juniper would not let it fail -- certainly not with Nephele as a partner in the endeavor. As for the other things Juniper might have asked about ... Safrin's tone suggested that she remained irked with the Fae, that they would have to work their way back into her good graces. So perhaps it was best to remain silent for now, to ask no more of her. When they had proven themselves better stewards of the goddess's quests than Alina, then they could inquire further.

So Juniper spoke only to echo Nephele's sentiments: "This time, we will not disappoint you. Thank you."

table by Skylark
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
Ronin stirs from his reverie as he is addressed - the three of them - the Huntsman glancing between Nephele and Juniper, before his blue gaze settles once more on Safrin. He ducks his head in a nod, committing the requirements to memory and vowing to get to work as soon as possible. (Unbeknownst to him, of course, things are about to get fiendishly complicated, but isn't that always the way?)

"We will not let you down," he vows - and it's easy to do with his goddess, especially in the presence of the Fae and with the tasks set out so simply before them. And when Safrin does depart, Ronin isn't long behind, offering a nod to Nephele and Juniper. "Feel free to seek my help with any of your requirements. I will see what I can do as well," he says, before vanishing into the woods.

~FIN
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky