Personal Quest Fresh Coat of Paint
Open PQ
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Bastien
This house is my house
So bring me fire, I'll burn it all to ashes
It's my life and it's fine
And I will cry with laughter as I trash it

So, he had failed. Such was human.

But Bastien was about to do something rather Divine - be reborn.

It was clear to him not he had made an error with the dedication of the church to Safrin. The Goddess was flighty, didn't seem to be committed; and frankly, he had decided to leave the Divines here well alone (in terms of worship. He was still very much DTF). The moon on his neck was a clear sign that they were not afraid to make permanent marks on people within two meetings. It was getting dangerous.

Phoebe had asked him why he didn't just make a brothel. And he was beginning to run out of good answers to that question. Why didn't he? It would be a way to make the right kind of atmosphere for his decadent dreams and involved less sticky situations with Gods. He could decorate it in a way to make it clear that it was to be a classier kind of place.

After he had thought about it for a while, Bastien felt good about his new plan. It would not just be a brothel, no, though there would be plenty of that; it would be a space for the hedonistic delights he had offered before, now absent of religion and more full of art. Perfect.

He took down the paintings of Safrin, painted over the sign on the door, covered Ronin's prayer with a cloth (it felt wrong to paint it over just yet. Maybe it would be an interesting bit of history later.)

On the door he left this note:

Friends!
This place as you know it is undergoing a transformation.
The 'Church of Safrin' is no more!
I would advise those interested in the salacious and the pleasurable come at noon on Thursday to help me establish the new business.
For clarity: It shall be a kind of brothel.
If you work for me I promise it shall be a good, fair deal.

~ Bastien
----

Bastien PQ to transform the 'Church of Safrin' into...well...a brothel.

You do not have to be a member of the Church of Safrin to participate, but you can if you are!

There are 4 spaces. Have your character state what kind of role they're interested in (admin, working here, entertainment etc. You don't have to be a sex worker haha)

1. Lucas
2. Remi
Lucas Copperhead

Age: 38 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
LUCI

Since arriving at this asscrack of a place, the little masquerade Lucas had attended had been about the only thing good about it. He had visited the Shrine in the underground and, insultingly, no one had been there to answer his questions. That had infuriated him more than he'd given it credit, and fury had given way to a cold depression. He hated the Hollowed Grounds. He hated that it was so primitive, that he was trapped here not only in location, but also in his body. His body that couldn't feel or taste properly, and acted as if that was some act of evolution. Ugh.

Bastien would never, ever know it, because Lucas would never tell him, but his little notice on the door of the Church of Safrin had saved the Ascended's life. He had been close to simply sitting in the sunlight until it claimed him forever. A brothel, though? He could get behind that. And in front of it. And also on top of - and beneath - it.

But whilst he lacked the facility to frequent the place as a customer or an employee in the typical sense (unless the church was going to keep that wonderful room that made his body stand to attention), he thought he could make something of himself here. So he showed up at the appointed time, the hood of his coat drawn high over his face to stay shaded, his footsteps slow and sluggish with the high sun. Such a thing would have usually put him in a terrible mood, but not today.

"Hello?" he called. "I heard tell of a good, fair deal. I am all about deals."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059

Remi read the note with a bit of confusion. Though Ronin had spoken highly of Safrin, Bastien had practically gushed about her. Indeed his entire wardrobe seemed to pay homage to the necklace he'd been given, and only a few days prior Remi had been painted and sequined beyond belief in some sort of attempt at worship...or perhaps it was just entertainment. Remi never could quite tell with Bastien.

Even so, he and the artist were friends, of a strange sort, and he had pledged his support, if not his loyalty to the church of Safrin that apparently was no more. Though the alchemist had no intention of working in a brothel, he would lend a hand to getting ... ahh... things up and running, if he was needed.

"Bastien?" Remi called out, then noticed the hooded figure. Since it had not been Lucas' face that had been eye-catching the last time the pair were in the same room together, the alchemist did not recognize the ascended, merely offering him a slight nod in greeting.

REMI
What have I become? My sweetest friend—Everyone I know goes away in the end
If I could start again, a million miles away, I would keep myself. I would find a way
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.