kings of the nosebleeds
Ronin <333
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
you should know, that i'm a ticking time bomb
and you're getting close
Now this in comparison to Safrin’s gardens, is absolutely reminiscent for the Flood of the opulence he’d been exposed to when he was younger. It reminds him of the kind of things Korofi could have been had anyone else but his father taken the reins. For now, though, it’s as close to a city as he can feasibly imagine in Caido. It absolutely doesn’t disappoint.

Though of course, being in Stormbreak comes with their own bit of prejudice. The fact that Sunjata’s tall draws the eye, the fact his body is glimmering and littered with scars of all types is intriguing, until the little specks that cover his neck and shoulder before its hidden by the shirt he wears, certainly draw the annoyed huffs and in some cases even more stares.

He tries not to notice. Not that he cares, because he doesn’t. No, if anything he’s all too absorbed in the task of seeing what shops there are, already spying a clothes shop that he wonders if they have anything close to fitting him, before his attention is suddenly snapped by the cafe further down through the throng of people.
so better watch your step, because i'm about to blow
and where the pieces land i guess we'll never know
SuNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Online
Change author:
MP: 3061
even my darkness shines for you
Sunjata will learn, soon enough, that Stormbreak is more than capable of making something bespoke for someone of his height - he'll learn because someone will tell him. That someone is probably also the reason his attention snaps to the cafe, with a small crowd has suddenly broken into a bout of cheering. Ronin slams a hand on the table in victory, rising to his feet and high fiving anyone in reach with fingers still sticky with syrup.

The ex-Star has absolutely just beaten the cafe's record for how many pancakes someone can eat in one sitting, and he's very, very proud. Only when he swallows the last mouthful can he fully appreciate his feat, but by then he spots a very familiar face in the crowd. "Jata!" His voice rings out and draws the attention of the rest of the crowd as well, but Ronin is already gone, arms spread so he can run to his friend and attack him with a hug.
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
and you're getting close
There’s a shout, one that he’s wholly incapable of ignoring, but one that brightens him as soon as he sees the head that pops up. A surprised laugh leaves him, a shake of his head. “Of course.” He rumbles, the grin spreading more and tugging on his ruined cheek as Ronin crushes him in a hug, his arms coming around Ronin despite the stickiness the other man has. “You smell like you’re made of maple.” It’s said with feigned complaint, before he’s pulling away and resting his hands on Ronin’s shoulders with that same crooked grin.

Heard you moved. Glad I managed to catch you while you’re here.” He offers with a huff of a laugh, lighter than Ronin’s seen him in months as he regards his friend with bright silver eyes. After a few moments, though, he gives a playful shove to the Huntsman’s shoulder, moving to stand beside him and squint back at the café. “What were you even doing?
SuNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"I am made of maple," Ronin says, his grin audible even if his voice is muffled by the other man's hug. He's sticky and sweet-smelling, it's true, and he's still smiling broadly as he steps back to look over Sunjata as if he hasn't seen him in a very long time indeed. (It's only been a couple of weeks, but whatever). "Yeah," he says, "Remi moved to the Greatwood to lead it. I'm there as well now as well - it's nice, to be back in the woods." He nods. "We're back now for some demigod meeting. How are things with you?"

As for what he's been doing, he glances back to his table still laden with plates and a full cup of coffee, along with the dispersing crowd. "Pancake eating contest. I broke their record," he informs his friend, backing up so they can sit back down. "Want to join me for coffee?"
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
and you're getting close
His nose wrinkles in a hint of disbelief as Ronin says he is made of maple. But he doesn’t comment on it. Not as Ronin launches into what he and Remi were doing – the move to the Greatwood, the fact they’re back here in Stormbreak for a demigod meeting (part of him anxious in wondering whether or not he should be worried about that) but when it rounds back to him? Well, the smile he offers his friend is nothing short of relief, a light to his gaze that hasn’t been there in a long time. “Guess Nate and I are sort of copying you both now.” He snorts. “I talked to Safrin. Stepped down as Governor and Nate and I are going to go find a place to live in the Wilds and just kind of… Reset, I guess.” He shrugs.

They can get into the nitty gritty of what Safrin had told him later. Because right now, right now he’s spying the café and the way they go about adding Ronin’s name to the new leaderboard for breaking the record of pancakes. A whistle slips from Sunjata’s lips as he regards his friend, moving to take a seat at the table. “I’d love to.” He orders the coffee he’s to drink, before he’s leaning back in the iron chair, one hand resting on the table while the other sits on the arm of the chair. “Do they have any other records for breaking?” He asks, glancing around for any other signs. Not that he's interested in it, but the thought certainly intrigues him.
SuNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
The smile Sunjata flashes him is contagious, and it's so rare a thing to see these days that Ronin almost thinks that something is wrong with the Flood at first. Still, he can't help but bark out a laugh as they make their way back to his table, the ex-Star seeming all too proud to see his name go up on the leaderboard. "That's alright, Jata - you and Nate have been copying us for ages," he teases, waving a hand and settling himself back in his own seat. "I am glad, though. You two deserve a break - I'm sure Safrin will understand that." She won't - she doesn't - but he says it anyway.

But right, yes. Coffee, cafe, pancakes. Sipping at his own drink, the Flood will see another cheeky smile creep over Ronin's face behind the rim of his mug, and he shrugs a little. "Oh, there might be a couple. There's one for this huge ice cream sundae they do - heard no one has ever finished it in one sitting." He winks, clearly throwing down the gauntlet.
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
and you're getting close
Dark brows raise in Ronin’s direction, a huff of a laugh leaving him. “We have not.” He begins, shifting in his seat. “Not entirely, at least.” He hums with a soft laugh. Sure, the leading of Torchline for a while before trying to get away did scream Ronin and Remi, but he huffs a quiet sigh as the coffee arrives and he immediately takes a sip of it. Still, the way Ronin says that Safrin would understand that, it does have him cocking his head a fraction. “She encouraged it, actually. On the condition that Kamaria’s safe and that I’d be ready for war when it comes.” There’s the frown that crosses his face before he covers it with another sip of warm coffee.

His gaze swings back to the Huntsman with a huff of a laugh. “Yeah? I don’t think I’m quite made out of what’s required for attempting an eating contest.” Sunjata snorts, reaching over to tap at Ronin’s shoulder as if for emphasis. “I’m certainly not you when it comes to inhaling anything edible in sight.” A crooked grin forms on his face as he peers over at Ronin.
SuNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"Have so," Ronin mumbles around his coffee, for all intents and purposes a stubborn teenager in the presence of his friend, and he's still grinning as he lowers his mug to set it back on the table. He raises his eyebrows to hear that Safrin had approved of his departure, the Huntsman tilting his head and offering Sunjata a softer smile. "She really cares about you," he says, ruffling a hand back through his dark hair. "I know it doesn't seem like it sometimes, but she does."

Clearing his throat, as if to change that subject before things got too deep, Ronin's eyes light up again and he lets out a veritable cackle. "Oh, you don't have to explain yourself to me, Jata. You're too much of a chicken to take on a little ice cream. I get it, it's fine. I'll claim that leaderboard title another day."
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
and you're getting close
A scoff and a roll of his eyes are what Ronin receives as the Star smirks stubbornly around his coffee mug. As for Safrin caring about him? He nods, not letting the conversation drift into saddened waters, nowhere close to it with the smile that crosses his face. “She does. It surprises me every time.” He half mumbles before Ronin’s distracting him with the challenging toll of a challenge that rings clear as day in his ears.

A little? If it was a little bit of ice cream it wouldn’t be a challenge.” He points out rather smugly, sinking into his chair a bit more, flashing a grin of amusement toward his friend. “Next time I get here it’s just going to be your face and name next to every challenge, isn’t it? With you just popping back in here and there to take top rank then move on?” A rich chuckle leaves him as he shakes his head. “With the amount of looks I’ve gotten while being here I doubt they want my mug up there.
SuNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"Me too," Ronin says of Safrin, smiling into his coffee cup and running his finger around the porcelain. There's more to say when it comes to their goddess - isn't there always? - but he decides against that conversation for something a touch lighter, something a little easier on the soul. And so he scoffs out a laugh to Sunjata's clever if not insistent refusal to participate in the ice cream challenge, Ronin waving a hand as if to tell him to suit himself, then.

And it will be his name on every leaderboard if he has his way - the Huntsman doesn't spend all that much time in Stormbreak any more, so he has to leave his mark somehow. Still, he raises his eyebrows to hear about these looks Sunjata has been receiving. "Do tell," he invites. "I would have thought the streets would be giddy at the sight of Safrin's second favourite swanning around."
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
and you're getting close
There’s a sculpted brow that raises Ronin’s way – still unused to being called anything close to one of Safrin’s favored, even if it were true. Lounging back in his seat he watches Ronin’s face, meeting the bright blues with steel of his own as he contemplates how best to answer. In the end, though, it’s just a snort and a shake of his head. “I think it’s outweighed by all the scars.” Ascended and otherwise. The people of Stormbreak didn’t seem the type to have the scars like he does, nor does he truthfully blame them for it.

His shoulders shrug, though, and he leans forward to plant his elbows on the table, hands wrapping around the warm mug of the coffee cup. “The height doesn’t help me much either.” He does manage to chuckle at this, flashing a wink his friend’s way before he’s exhaling a quiet sigh. “Speaking of, though, I need to go to Halo for a quest for Safrin. Want to tag along? I have to go to Whitebrim I think, which… while I’ve killed cannibals before I don’t want to make it a habit. Perhaps the more bodies the better in warding them off.
SuNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"A few scars never hurt anyone," Ronin objects with a grin, though they both know Sunjata is referring to those scars left by a certain Ascended. And yes, Stormbreak might take a little bit of an issue with some of those. "We can just make up a grand story about you fighting an army of Ascended, and you got those scars in the battle?" He bounces his eyebrows and takes another drink of coffee, before setting the mug down and stretching back comfortably in his chair.

"Mm, I suppose that's true, though. Are you calling the people here short, though?" he wants to know with a bark of laughter, not expecting Stormbreak to take that too well either. But Sunjata (wisely?) changes the subject towards something much chillier, much more adventurous. "Oh?" He tilts his head. "Whitebrim, huh? Halo is in quite a bit of turmoil lately. Wouldn't want you to get a matching scar on your other cheek, so I guess I'm in. Just let me know when."
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
and you're getting close
The objection is much appreciated, however Sunjata knows the underlying issue with the silvery lines that cover his skin like stars. He listens intensely as Ronin mentions some sort of battle of Ascended, which only allows him to snort his response. “Think they’d fall for it?” He asks – having already been known of given his meeting with October and Everest, how they’d known he was the previous governor of Torchline.

Regardless, he shrugs before he huffs another laugh. He leaves the question unanswered, because in his humble opinion, they are short in comparison. But the grin that spreads across his face as Ronin agrees to spending time with him in Halo for a quest for Safrin is all the confirmation he needs. He doesn’t know what the Star means about Halo being in turmoil – hasn’t needed to – but he does lean forward with a crooked grin. “I’ll send you a letter when I decide to go.” He offers, before something mischievous crosses his face.

Now I don’t know about a whole competition, but I could really go for some ice cream now that you mention it…” Trailing off, he orders a bit of ice cream, content to sit there and bullshit with Ronin until they have to part again.

- FIN <3
SuNJATA