Training what it means to run
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN
Alright, are you ready? There's a pulse of amusement that accompanies Ronin's words, and he paws at the ground with his hooves. He's in town for Amalia's thing, but that involves a lot of checking in on friends, his son, his work - and when Tobi requests a training session, of course he isn't going to deny her. But she isn't the only one who needs to burn off some excess energy, and so he's chosen to don his stag for this exercise.

Set... Go! He sets off prancing in the empty grounds, having arranged the workout around Tobi's schedule, which obviously means they are here at the very crack of dawn. Still, that doesn't mean Ronin is about to go easy on her, and he starts to pick up speed as his hooves meet the hard packed dirt.
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 14 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
October
I can be the wall
when you fall down
Does Tobi have a shift that could outrun a luxere? Well, that's debatable. Regardless, it's in tri-coloured fur that she meets with Ronin, and as he asks if she's ready, the doctor gives a bright bark of agreement. Probably she should have prefaced all of this with haha my son showed up about ten years older than when I left him so I'm still a bit out of it, but not one to worry others with her problems, she just wags her tail as her head drops low to the ground.

Snarling in the luxere's wake, Tobi darts off with a burst of speed that she absolutely won't be able to keep up with for long. Nice tail. She calls out as her strides become longer and longer. Keeping her eyes focused on Ronin's forehooves—those being the ones that will give her the best measure of where he's going—Tobi barks and lunges, snapping at the air.
find me on the rocks
when you break down
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
It's fine - they both have a lot of things that they aren't going to talk about, and besides, Ronin is here to run with her. And to have her snap at him and make snarky comments about his fluffy cotton tail that have him laughing through their Attuned bond. It's not as nice as yours, he counters, twisting to avoid the snap of her teeth, even if it's only at the air.

Instincts are instincts though, and Tobi might want to watch out for Ronin's rear hooves too, because he bucks at her before darting away again, tearing at the ground and prancing high over one of the training walls. Nice teeth, he continues, because to be sure, Ronin the luxere does not have pearly whites like that.
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
October
I can be the wall
when you fall down
No, it isn't. Tobi cheerfully agrees, not minding at all that her teeth close on nothing but air. She isn't here to actually catch him (which is what she'll tell herself later, finding out that he was easily able to evade her the entire time), but just to run. Despite not being a runner herself, or one for anything even vaguely resembling cardio, she has to admit that this feels good.

Yelping out of surprise more than anything, Tobi shies away from the wall and instead forces herself down low onto the ground where there's a hole just large enough for her to sneak through. She's actually a big ball of fluff and able to fit places one might be surprised to find her. Tilting her head slightly to catch both his scent and the sound of him again, Tobi is off with another bright bark.

All the better to eat you with, my dear. She teases.
find me on the rocks
when you break down
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
It does feel good to run, and as his heart begins to pound in his chest with enough force that it thuds in his ears, Ronin feels his adrenaline begin to spike. Running as he is, he has no idea that Tobi has snuck away, so when he rounds to try and catch sight of her, it's with a suspicious lowering of his antlers that his strides slow. Which - naturally - is when she explodes from her hiding place with a bright bark that has the luxere snorting his surprise.

Tossing his head in equal parts glee and surprise, Ronin charges away again, trying to weave around some of the other obstacles in the way but without nearly as much grace as when he has toes. If you bite my butt, Tobi, you better know you'll be the one bandaging it up again afterwards!
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
October
I can be the wall
when you fall down
Tobi's canine instincts are normally only seen in the way she sinks bonelessly into cuddles and the fact that she'll eat anything. So it's a surprise to herself when she feels a rush of something akin to anger, only she isn't mad. It's frenetic and hot in a way that makes her blood run cold and the pads of her feet itch.

Is that a promise? Tobi cackles with delight. Rather agile (unlike Ronin, the doctor is far more dexterous with her body in this shift than she is as a woman), she weaves easily around the various obstacles, before abruptly halting in the biggest pool of shade she can find. With her body low and her eyes trailing the luxere, Tobi does her best to blend in with her surroundings.
find me on the rocks
when you break down
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
I'd say yes, but I'm afraid you'll see it as an excuse to do the biting! Ronin laughs back to Tobi, not that he's looking at her right now. Indeed, the ex-Star is busy trying to navigate his own obstacles, a pulse of frustration managing to crackle through their bond as he is forced around something rather than over it. It isn't much fun when he can't do any leaping.

It's at that point, however, that he notices once again that he isn't being pursued any more. Ronin halts, ears swivelling to try and catch even the faintest noise, his nose scenting the air for any pretence of danger or wicked canines coming to get his derriere. Slowly turning on the spot, he's likely a sitting duck for Tobi, but every muscle is held tense and ready to bolt for it as soon as he spots a movement.
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
October
I can be the wall
when you fall down
I thought the excuse was this training? Tobi sends along. Bandaging you up after will just be icing on the cake. Platonic but playful, the time for which Tobi could so easily be swept away by Ronin's charm long gone now. Still, she enjoys the Huntsman's company in so far as it's wildly different from how her days are normally spent.

Just as Ronin suspects, Tobi does bolt. Low to the ground, she charges toward the luxere. Not more than a few strides out, she lets out a sharp yelp as one of her paws gives out and she tumbles down hard onto her shoulder before her trailing tail flips her right over. Landing with a thud and suddenly shifted back into her body—an attuned consequence of being knocked unconscious—Tobi lays sprawled in the grass, unmoving.
find me on the rocks
when you break down
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
She bursts out from beneath the tree and Ronin has already started to bolt across the grass, only for a yelp to pierce the air and slow his prancing. He whips around just in time to see Tobi go arse over tit, the result having him shifting back mid laughter. Or at least, he's mid laughter right up until he realises she's knocked herself fucking unconscious, the Huntsman swearing under his breath as he jogs up beside her prone form.

"Oh shit, Tobi - are you okay?" he asks, shifting to his knees so he can look her over properly and check for any wounds or bleeding or bruising or what not. "Hey, can you hear me?" Fuck, he's going to be in so much trouble if he's killed a doctor.
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
October
It's a quiet consolation
A mistake that I don't mind
Though it's true one suddenly shifts back when knocked unconscious, it's also true that you can just...suddenly shift back. And then close your eyes. And keep very still.

So it is that as Ronin appears, Tobi is all but lifeless precisely up until the moment she isn't. Opening her eyes wide and flashing him a sunny smile, she reaches up to slap his cheek. Gently, of course. This was never actually about hurting anyone (though her shoulder will be sore from her acrobatics). "HA! Gotcha." She laughs triumphantly, before holding out her hand (yes, the one that had just slapped him), that he might help her up.

'Honestly I can't believe you fell for that.' She marvels, still slightly breathlessly.
Maybe you'll meet me at the station
Or maybe somewhere down the line
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
Naturally, Ronin is very startled when Tobi suddenly springs back to fucking life as though she'd never been unconscious in the first place. Which, of course, she hasn't been, and it's something he only realises belatedly after she has slapped him across the face. He doesn't even have it in him to look outraged, Ronin seeming a mix of puzzled and mildly delighted by the shenanigans.

"You are supposed to be a doctor," he reminds her with a narrowing of his eyes, accepting her hand to help draw her to her feet and dust her off from her tumble. "How very dare you. You ought to check me over for PTSD after that." She won't, and he'll likely be placated by stopping to get them some iced coffee on the way back to the Tower.

Either way, this counts as the end of their training for today. Ronin keeps Tobi's tricks in mind, though. For next time.

~FIN