Mini Event NO ASCENDED ALLOWED D:<
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

You'll feel it like a breath on the back of your neck, like the creak of a closet door when you're just about to fall asleep, like the way graveyard gates swing shut. Oh, there are notices too, everywhere apart from the Hollowed Grounds.

COM HELP PRIPAR FOR THE FESTVUL
NO ASS ENDED ALLOWD
- Ludo

Really, now. What on earth were you expecting?

Upon arriving at the Barrows in the deep crimson of sunset, you will find, among the mists clinging around your legs, a set of long tables, chairs, and boxes upon boxes of things. Things to make lanterns, things to make Ludo dollies, things to decorate and enjoy and love. There's food and drink, too, and fireflies are already starting to gather to provide light for when the sun goes down.

Ah, there's also a crown. A paper one, covered in an obnoxious amount of glitter. It says 'REMI' on it.

Welcome to Ludo's mini-event to prepare for the Festival of Lights at the end of the season! Please come to join and enjoy yourselves - this will count as a god encounter for levelling purposes.

Oh, NO ASCENDED ALLOWED D:<
LUDO
Braved the forests, braved the stone
Braved the icy winds and fire
Braved and beat them on my own

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
i've been known to run just to feel the rush
"Ovviamente." Running his tongue over his teeth, Remi inclines his head to the side ever so slightly as he tugs in a shallow breath. The crown is hard to miss, garishly decorated as it is, and yet seeing it, the alchemist immediately averts his eyes. "I suppose I cannot just...pretend that I did not see that." He wonders, offering Ronin a crooked look that begs for the Huntsman to say that it's fine or offer some outlandish solution to this problem.

"If this kills me, promise to have lots of wine and cheese at my funeral, mm?" Leaning forward to kiss his husband goodbye for all he knows, Remi glances over his shoulder at the table. Unafraid despite the non-zero chance that this might in fact be Ludo's way of offing him, the Lullaby strides toward the table where his crown sits.

Before reaching for it though, Remi suddenly smiles slyly. As he reaches out, his hands whisp away until there are just nearly-opaque bones where his fingers should be. Grasping at the crown and watching as his hands merely pass through it, the Lullaby makes a show of trying dramatically again and again, failing each and every time. "Oh no." He laments. "Whatever shall I do."
remi
Styling stolen from Sky (obviously)
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
"Aw, it got you a crown. You're a lil spooky prince." Ronin's voice is muffled, because he's busy eating a chicken leg at the same time. "What if you make a dolly of yourself and let the dolly wear a crown? Or you could have your astral projection wear it." Bouncing his eyebrows and leaning into the kiss smushed against his cheek, Ronin follows at his own pace, snagging a bread roll and a cooked sausage along the way.

And when Remi does approach the crown, all wraithy and ghost-like, the Huntsman rolls his eyes. "I got it, don't worry," he calls, bright and helpful. And, offering the sausage out for Remi to choke on occupy himself with make other phallic jokes about, Ronin grabs the glittery monstrosity and perches it atop his head. It looks jaunty, he thinks. "Beautiful. Grab some snacks, let's make a lantern?"
show me your darkness.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
the flood
i still miss you. there's no goin' home,
there's no goin' home with a name like mine.
Has he been scouting for a spot to move to? One that he can use as an offer for Nate when Nate’s done doing whatever it is Nate’s doing? Absolutely he has been. The trip to Stormbreak was over, Sunjata spending his days between packing up the house in Torchline and figuring out where the fuck they’re going to go. And that’s when he feels it, that tingling feeling. He hasn’t seen the notices yet, but he would once he returns. For now, though, the tingling is enough to draw the macaw’s attention, enough to have him slip through the sky away from the Boondocks in search of the source.

And once there? Mist coats everything when he lands and shifts back, spying the food and options laid out, wondering who the hell had put it there, before he spies a crown of glitter with Remi’s name on it. And he just has to assume it’s something close to divine intervention.

Especially with how Remi’s already there, paired with Ronin, and Sunjata’s trudging in through the side of the event offering a nod to Ronin should he be seen, rounding the end of a table and keeps his distance, watching as the Lullaby steps forth to claim his crown in all it’s glimmering glory. From his peripheral he spies the way he partially shifts, unable to grab the crown, but Sunjata’s far too distracted to care much about it when it comes to the plate of food nearby – stepping forward and reaching out to grab a bite to pop into his mouth, before he steps back and folds his starry sleeved arms across his chest and waits to see who else arrives before he decides what to do.
i still dream of you, but everyone knows
yeah everyone knows. if you can, let it go
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
cats were worshipped as gods
Ray shivered at the sensation, reading the notice that somehow appeared in front of her. It seemed Ludo was up to his normal fun this time of year. The last festival had been fun and she was already at the Feverlands gathering herbs so it wasn't a long trip either. Ray simply packed her bag and headed over.

Upon arriving she took in the atmosphere with a grin. Spooky as expected. Eyeing the food, she grabbed herself a plate and then headed over to one of the doll tables. Last year she made a panther doll. It only seemed fitting that this year she made a bush viper one in honor of her new shift. Popping a pastry in her mouth, she got to work, sending a nod at the two demi-gods and Sunjata in greeting.
They have not
forgotten this
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Change author:
MP: 2895
I have never feared the storm
The sensation had Sah on guard immediately, a hand going to his sword. But then he noticed the many notices around him and he relaxed mildly. Only barely though. The Outlander had yet to hear anything about Ludo apart from his status as a herald, so the childish  note was a bit unnerving.

Still, he couldn't deny his curiosity. And since he was in the wilds,  it seemed worth it to go. Sah and Lilly thus headed that way, both with a fair amount of caution. But upon arriving and seeing the festivities they two relaxed. He gave nods of greeting to the few people he knew and got a brief rundown of the lanterns and dolls from another guest. Sah decided he'd give it a try. So grabbing a drink, he headed to the lantern table and began to attempt and make a lantern.
Sah
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Maeve had been hesitant to board a ship that wasn't the Ark. To be fair, the Nightshade had only ever been on one real boat before. That boat was Jack's and she didn't quite trust anyone else, but begrudgingly she hitches a ride on another vessel set for King's End. She couldn't miss the bash for Ludo and his best boy, now could she?

The sight of Remi with an obnoxiously glittery crown on his head is enough to make the seasick trip worth it. Maeve grins, covering her mouth with her hand to keep from laughing, "Well, don't you look dashing!" She gushes, eyes glinting wickedly as she makes her way over to his side, taking a sea and instantly reaching for some of the materials spread out, intent on making the most lovely and spooky doily for Ludo.
But I don't like a gold rush, gold rush
I don't like slow motion double vision in rose blush
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Age: 60 | Height: 5'0 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
I suppose to them
it's a terrifying thought
She is perhaps not the expected archetype to arrive at a party such as this, but when Nephele’s feet find purchase in King’s End she is draped - as she is eternally - in Ludo’s Rags. A face normally found molded into an intense, focused expression is instead intrigued, a play of a smile on her mouth.

Remi and Ronin are spared a wave of her hand in greeting, elegant in action but stilted socially in how she does not seek them out. Instead, the Fae woman meanders down the length of tables to the arts and crafts section.

As enticing as the food is, Nephele would rather craft her lantern by more light than a firefly’s ass, so that idea has to be shelved. The dollies are not ignored in the least. She is sure Eriadne would have pretended to hate such a childish addition to her memorial lantern, but privately would have been amused. It will make a perfect, spookily floating addition when tied with a darkly humorous noose to the edge of the lantern’s brim. The presence of Sah and Ray nearby doesn’t bother her, in fact she nods in silent but amiable greeting to them as they took away with their own creations.
that red riding hood knew exactly what she was doing
when she let the wild in
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
I saw a piece of heaven
Seren didn't even try to hold back her enjoyment on seeing Remi's coronation. "It's perfect, really suits you!" she laughed, wiping at her eyes and struggling desperately not to fold over. Ah, her stomach hurt. It was too good.

Grinning widely at her father and sparing Maeve a brief hug, Seren strolled past them towards the refreshments. Emerging from it with a plate piled high with treats, she glanced up and down the table and brightened upon seeing several familiar faces. Heading over towards Sah, she leaned in to whisper a quiet "Boo!" in his ear, then plopped down on the bench beside him.

"Hello, you. What are you making?" Popping a pastry into her mouth, Seren reached for the wire and papers necessary for lantern crafting.
Waiting, impatient, for me

Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

An unexpected pit stop but they had all felt the call as surely as everyone else, right? Or something. The last time he was at a sudden party, they found out about the war. So maybe his imaginary hackles are raised a little bit. He breaks away from the rest of the crew with the intention of finding booze. Something catches his attention from the corner of his eye, an all too familiar form. No, this can't be right. Surely this is Ludo playing some trick on him. Instead of looking, he seats himself at a table between two small children, grabbing scraps of fabric.

'Do you see her?' A little giggle to his left, a small girl twisting in her seat next to him. She's not talking to him but he turns to see who she's looking at. Even though he knows better. It's her. Alive. Radiant. Somehow a specter and entirely too real for him to handle. He turns back to his doll, shaking as he carefully works strands of brown hair into it's head. Maybe if he pretends like he's someone else, she won't notice him. He hears Seren because of course she'd be here too. After all, this is Remi's day too, he thinks.

If the glittery crown is anything to go by, of course. Maybe he'll make a little glitter crown himself.
I wanna make up my mind
But I don't know myself
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Melita
yes, yes, I am wild
I am the wind that makes breathing hard
The Ark stopping at King’s End was mighty convenient, and the stirring of residual souls all the better. These figments were familiar, made her feel alive, content, more so than she’d been in weeks. Feet light and airy, effervescent rather than slinking or peeling away into the ground, barefoot and free – hastening towards Ludo’s favored wares and festive arrangements. Fangorn under her arm, the youth waved to those she recognized – especially Sah, Seren, and Maeve – before making a beeline to the food table. A few sausages tucked into her free hand, Melita ghosted along and along until she could eventually settle and hover around the lantern aspects.

Because who did she make one for now? What had occurred over this year? Who had they lost? She thought of the man with the bone creature, but refused to be downcast. It would just take some more thoughts, more concentration.
I am the ocean and the battered shore
I will be the passion of thunder, a howl of fury
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Change author:
MP: 2895
I have never feared the storm
Sah waved at Melita before slightly jumping at the sudden voice in his ear. Turning around he playfully glared at  Seren"Well that was just mean, what if I'd been holding scissors?" He playfully nudged her shoulder with his own, gesturing to the pile of supplies. "I'm considering attempting to make a lantern. I have no idea what I'm doing." The Outlander admitted without remorse.

He'd never really done arts and crafts before, apart from some construction and renovation that was. Or carving antlers. Did that count? Giving a small chuckle he nodded towards the food. "How about we grab some snacks and you can help me out? Maybe explain what the lanterns are for?" With that, he and Seren headed to a corner to grab food.
Sah
Arialla Calimeris

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:

Arialla

When the gods said jump, Arialla said "how high," and when the gods said "COM HELP PRIPAR FOR THE FESTVUL," Arialla showed up. Of course, Ludo wasn't her god -- her first loyalty would always be to Safrin. But she still believed in showing respect to other gods.

And perhaps part of her wanted this, this spot of normalcy -- and this assurance of NO ASS ENDED. Once upon a time, she'd enjoyed decorating Apollo's temple, crafting bright and beautiful things to honor her god. She hadn't done it in a while. She wanted to.

But when she got to the party, she found it difficult to work up much festive spirit. That was all right, she supposed; wasn't the Festival of Lights about mourning? She had a lot to mourn this year.

Arialla grabbed some food, pulling her dark cloak close around her face, and then looked around to decide where to start. Dolls tended to unnerve her these days, after carrying around the one Mildew had given her for so long, so she instead headed to a lantern table.

"Hello," she said, softly, to Sah, setting down her plate of food across from him and starting to look over the materials.

please don't take my sunshine away

coding base by Skylark
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749
JUNIPER
you think i'm happy because i'm smiling,
but it's the easiest thing to do
Juniper came, of course, as she came to all the festivals and parties she caught wind of. Usually she showed up because she thought someone should represent the Greatwood, but she didn't feel that urge now -- besides, Nephele had that covered. No, this time Juniper made the trek simply because she wanted to. Perhaps a part of her was still making up for the first fifty years of her life, when she'd been invited to few celebrations and enjoyed still fewer, mostly ignored on the sidelines. Or maybe she just liked parties. No need to over-analyze it.

Looking across the area and its visitors made Juniper smile. Everyone seemed to be having fun, and although a little voice in her head warned that state of affairs might not last, she tried to push it away. Sure, the last party she'd been to hadn't turned out well, but surely not this time? Surely this time they could simply enjoy themselves.

After gazing over the groups at hand, the way people were splitting off and dividing themselves, she decided to join Remi, Ronin, and Maeve, bringing a plate of food over to where Maeve sat and sitting down opposite her. Juniper gave the Torcher queen a friendly nod; the Amberwing was perfectly willing to set aside differences and matters of state for the evening, and could only hope that the Nightshade would feel the same.

"You have to wear the crown, Remi," Juniper echoed as Maeve teased him, her eyes sparkling with amusement. "I'm sure Ludo put a lot of work into it."
if you looked a little closer,
you'd find my eyes aren't smiling too.

table by Skylark