Spooky Arts and Crafts
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 53 - Luck: 42 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Online
Change author:
MP: 1450
I have never feared the storm
Sah was grateful when Seren leaned into him, the touch grounding him from his dark thoughts. The offer to listen had him swallowing harshly. After making sure they were alone and no one was within ear-shot, Sah gave a small nod. Turning his head slightly, he placed his forehead against the top of her head, taking a shaky breath.

"Maybe? It's still so recent." Still so achingly painful and hard to even think about after only a year. Sah didn't think he was really ready to dive into it all. "I don't think I can talk about it all but..." He let out another shaky breath. "Seren, my world ended, and a world doesn't end peacefully. It was fire and chaos. I'd never been so scared. An I lost everyone all at once and without warning to it. My twins, who were your sister's age, and their moms, my best friend, my pack, my Goddess, everyone."

Sah felt his eyes water and it was only threw shear willpower that he stopped them from falling. "And instead of dying with the rest, I woke up in Caido. I'm honestly not even sure that I didn't die and simply was reborn here." He grit his teeth, struggling to speak. "And even before that, I  lost more to the two wars I fought in. I took power in the middle of of the first one, and had to go from being a pup to a leader overnight. And all because the previous Alpha, my own mother, was killed."

He trailed off, voice cracking as he shook his head slightly. There was a slight tremble to his shoulders.  "I don't think I can say any more about it." That was the most he'd told anyone but Ilma after all.
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
This is the long forgotten light at the end of the world
Beyond the tremors in his voice or the struggle to chase down the words before they were lost, Seren could feel his pain. It was in the tension of the shoulder she leaned against, in the heat of breath against her hair and cheek and the occasional pause as jaws ground together, flexing muscles in a way that had to give him a headache later. The girl listened intently to the confessions, the admissions of weakness he entrusted to her - of course she did - but more than anything, she simply existed there, breathing him in as he cracked open the lid of a heart too tightly sealed.

When he began to shake, and the words failed him, Seren twisted a little where she sat. Setting aside wire and glue and cups of glitter, she reached up with gentle hands and slipped her arms about his neck. Tried to pull him in, so that he could hide away in her shoulder, under a cloak of raven hair should he so wish to.

"I am so sorry, Sah, for all the things you have lost," she murmured, aching with sympathy for his pain, even if she could never quite fathom exactly what this kind of loss entailed. Not until she had lived it herself would she ever fully comprehend. "Thank you, for not dying. I know... it might not mean much, since we haven't known each other that long, and all. But I am very glad to have met you."

It felt shallow and inadequate. How many things would have chanced or remained the same if they never met? Seren couldn't say. Only that the days with Sah in her life was more fun than the ones without. And perhaps that was what really mattered.
Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
When Seren reached up to pull him in, Sah went eagerly. Hiding his face in the crook of her neck, he tried to get his composure back. The Abandoned still managed to keep his tears from falling, they were in public after all, and his pride would never allow it. If they were somewhere private, he might have let himself go in that regard.

But as it were, he was still incredibly grateful for Seren's support. His arms wrap around the Demi-god to return the hug. Lilly jump onto the table in front of them, sticking her nose into the embrace. There's no way the pup is being left out in soothing her bonded. The action pulled a small chuckle from Sah, affection flooding him for the two beings in his arms.

Seren's words turn the chuckle into a small smile. "Thank you, Seren." It's simple, but the reassurance that someone cares, appreciates his existence, means a lot.
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Soothing fingers brushed through his hair, combing the unruly tangle even as he struggled to get his breathing in check. Composure, pride - silly things, but the hills upon which so many staked their identity. She too, of course. Seren's eyes wandered over the nearby tables, the milling crowd, and did not urge her friend to let it all out, as she might have any other time. If they had been on her isle, with only the stars to watch... But she didn't suggest that either. Just held her friend, rocking gently from side to side until a sympathetic wolf head poked in between them.

To hear Sah laugh, even a little, felt like a blessing. Seren eased her grip a little to incorporate the companion, until all three of them were a tangle of arms and paws, heads and warm hearts.
"For you, always," the girl hummed, her own mouth spreading into a tender smile. "If you ever need to talk, I'm right here. I just... wish there was something I could actually do for you. If there is ever anything, be sure to let me know, yeah?" Promised favors aside, she could not think of many things she wouldn't do for her friend.

In no hurry to go back to the crafts, Seren was content to stay like this for as long as Sah wanted. Her eyes kept roving over will-o-wisps and firelflies dancing over the barrows, over the faces of family and friends, trying and failing to imagine a world where none of them existed.
"Will you make a lantern for them?" she wondered quietly, thinking of his family, his friends. His goddess, gone just like the rest of them. If gods ever died - was it with the perishing of their worshippers? In that case, maybe Mune still lived on within Sah.
Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
The hug the trio had found themselves in soothed something jagged in the Outlander, at least for the moment. The fingers in his hair only further helping to comfort him. Sah felt blessed to have a friend as dear as Seren, her words bringing a warm smile to his face. Spotting Umbra lurking nearby, the Abandoned held a hand out in offering. If the dragon wanted, he was welcome to join the small pile. Lilly was a bit annoyed at the idea, but given that Sah was initiating it, the pup simply let it be. For now.

The Demi-god's words got another nod, another quiet, "Thank you." Relaxing further into the hug with a soft sigh, he considered Seren's question. "I think I will. They likely won't receive it but, just for their memory." Sah grit his teeth. "I doubt Caido shares the same afterlife as my world. I don't think it'll reach them. Or that.." There was a slight tremble again. "Or that I'll see them again when my time comes." Would he never join them in the stars? Those stars were gone as well though, lost with the rest of his world.
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
The dragon approached only slowly, wary of Lilly's displeasure and snapping teeth. The pup's aversion was painful to the dragon, and he wanted to respect her boundaries. This invitation was confusing to him - very cautiously he slipped a heavy head into the hunter's lap, but remained otherwise on the ground behind them. Too big to fit on the table without causing an uproar.

Seren stroked a hand over her companion's hard blue scales as she considered Sah's dilemma. "I have never met Mort," she admitted thoughtfully, "but everything I have heard leads me to believe him to be the kindest of the Old gods. His realm is a place of peace and rest. I think, though I can't swear on this, that if you want to spend your after days in the presence of those left behind... it will be so. One way or another. Perhaps your memories of them will be enough to guide them here. Maybe, as long as you remember them, they will never truly be gone." A bold hypothesis, when the topic concerned interdimensional travel and the exact nature of a soul - what were they, really? - yet Seren hoped for his sake that it was true.

"If nothing else... making a lantern for them so that you feel closer to them makes it very worthwhile, I think." Turning her head slightly, Seren leaned her cheek against his head. Her voice was a soft murmur, barely audible for anyone but Sah, to whom they were directed.
Seren
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah reached out his hand and began to run it soothingly over Umbra's head. He still didn't fully trust the dragon, but he cared for the companion enough for this. Lilly sensed her bonded's feelings on the matter and rested her own head on the dragon's. A truce for now, for her bonded.

The possibility that Seren painted lifted a giant weight from the Outlander's chest. "Fuck. I hope you're right." At least, for his sanity, he'd have to believe it. Not doing so would be too painful to bear.

Finally calming slightly, breathing evening out, Sah let out a deep sigh. Tension bleeding out of him as Seren rested her head on him.  "That sounds like a good idea. Maybe one that represents all of them."
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
The dragon let out a long, heavy sigh at the attention, despite himself relaxing under the soothing hands. Especially when Sah's fingers hit upon a particularly hard to reach spot that itched; Umbra rumbled and turned his head aside so it could be reached better and budged his nose at the hunter's hand, demanding more.

Biting her lips so as not to smile at her dragon in the midst of this very serious conversation with Sah, Seren was relieved to feel the tension bleed from her friend. Not only because she was happy to have helped, but because his worry and tension made her feel... small. Helpless. It was much better when he was laughing and teasing.

"That sounds like a lovely idea. I can't wait to see what it will look like." Which meant that they probably should return to the tasks at hand. A lantern for a lost world, and one for a lost sister. Multitudes versus only one, and yet the weight of them were about equal in that moment, to the hands that gave them shape.

Should... So why was it so difficult to lift her head and straighten up? Mostly, Seren wanted to curl up in the grass with boys and dragons and wolves, and just watch the stars until she fell asleep. It was a silly impulse.
Seren
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Another small chuckle left Sah as he gave into the dragon's demands. Lilly grumbled slightly that her pillow had moved but once Umbra was still again, she returned her head to where it was. Sah was relieved that his pup was beginning to forgive Umbra, only because the dragon so clearly felt remorseful.

At the reminder that they were supposed to be making lanterns, he glanced at the table in indecision. He really wanted to continue their hug as well. Seren too seemed hesitant. A mischievous grin came to Sah's face and with a wink, he threw Seren over his shoulder with ease. She was lighter then he had expected but that only made his job easier.

Walking back over to the table, Sah sat Seren down, and sat next to her so that their shoulders were brushing. Giving her a cheeky grin, he nudged her earlier designs back towards her. "We were making lanterns, yes?"
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
The sudden grin on his face was not enough warning. A startled and undignified squawk left the girl as she was very rudely and unceremoniously hoisted over a shoulder and carried bodily back to the table. This was decidedly not how she had expected things to go, and there was some wriggling and muffled protests on her part. Umbra's head shot up, wide eyed and just as startled - but for whatever reason, the dragon didn't seem to mind this manhandling of his ward. Maybe it was the bribe of a headscratch, or because of Lilly's close proximity... or becase Seren's attempts to get down were only half-hearted at best.

Red faced and flustered, the girl was plunked down onto the bench and stared down at the crafting materials as they were pushed under her nose. Raking her hair back from the eyes, she gave Sah a scalding glare, furious and mortified and... and barely able to suppress the shocked delight. She couldn't believe he actually did that! Gods, what if her father had seen? What if anyone saw?

"I'll get you for that," she spluttered, lips barely moving and very undecided between laughter and frowns and general embarrassment. Sah was rather stronger than he looked... which had nothing to do with anything, gods.

Lanterns. Yes. She could do that. Nevermind that the press of his shoulder against hers suddenly tingled more than before - that was irrelevant. "I'm making it blue," she decided, in an almost challenging way as she stared at Sah. As if daring him to object.
Seren
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Seren's squeak had Sah snickering. He sent Umbra a reassuring look, to hopefully set the dragon at ease. Lilly watched the interaction with clear amusement, tail wagging as she followed at Sah's heels.

Sitting down at glancing at the Demi-god, the Abandoned burst into another round of snickers at the look on her face. A few people had glanced up at the commotion but most returned to their own happenings quickly. A few seemed amused but thankfully for Seren, no one commented.

Seren's sputtering just had another wide grin coming to Sah's face as he turned to his own designs. Her threat had him nudging her shoulder playfully. "Oh? You going to throw me somewhere? If you do, don't use your gravity manipulation. That's cheating." He teased, lips twitching in suppressed laughter. That endeavor failed at her firm assistance in color choice. Letting out a laugh, Sah nodded. "Alright, make your lantern blue."

Still snickering a little, he began to work on the paper aspect of his own, choosing blue a well. Winged wolves howling at a full moon. Two smaller wolves running through the stars. A dragon, a woman, a storm. Small pictures, snapshots of his memories, all carefully sketched into the paper. Sah wasn't an excellent artist, average likely, but his images were easily identifiable.
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
The worst part was where he took her up on one challenge, and failed to fight her on the other. It left Seren without a good comeback, and so she had no choice but to let him sit there and laugh at her.

Actually, no. The worst part was where she found herself realizing that she didn't actually mind being laughed at. If that was the price to pay to see Sah happy again... Huffing a snort of exasperation at herself and her traitor dragon and the whole situation in general - especially the part that thrilled slightly whenever she recalled being hoisted up like she weighed nothing, which absolutely should not be a novelty - the girl tried to focus on her own lantern.

Her own approach turned out to be quite different. The base was simple enough; a plain round orb of wired rings strung together and coated with a base layer of blue paper. Neat, tidy, nothing to be excited about. Not until she made a second layer, this one white, and added into the first. And then she found a very sharp knife, and began to cut out little shapes from the blue paper. Stars, moons, comets and planets, all neatly extracted and made to hover between the two lanters, until a three dimensional illusion of a revolving sky began to take shape. The best part was that both inner layers could spin freely, independent of one another, so that the scenery was never quite the same.

"What do you think?" she said and turned to Sah, when the creation began to properly take shape. Holding it up, she smiled expectantly at him, eager for a review. "Instead of trying to figure out what she would have liked, I decided to just show who I am. Like an introduction," she explained.
Seren
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah watched with wonder as Seren crafted her lantern. The different layers and the rotating sky effect were beautiful. When the Demi-god asked for his input, the Outlander gave her an encouraging nod. "It's beautiful. I think she'll love it." His smile turned gentle. "And she'll have a better idea of who here sister is too." Seren's idea for her lantern was quite sweet, and Sah was sure that if Aoife received it, she'd appreciate it.

Sah glanced at the stars and moon on Seren's lantern before a  chuckle left him. He nodded towards the starry sky on his own lantern. "It's a bit funny how similar we are when it comes to the night. You're a Demi-god of the stars, I was a warrior of the moon. It's a bit poetic." It really was an interesting similarity. Sah wondered if that was part of the reason why he found Seren's presence so soothing?
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
His approval made her confidence swell and the smile that spread over her face was pleased and perhaps even a little proud. "I hope you're right," she said. With only the base for the candle left to add, Seren took a break and leaned in to see what Sah had made for himself. If the brush strokes and paintings weren't flawless, they had all the more heart in her eyes, and Seren counted that as far more valuable.

The comment he made caused the young demi-goddess to turn her eyes slowly towards him however, and her smile gained a curious cast to it. Half thoughtful, half... wistful? No. Greedy.

"Don't say that too loudly," she murmured, and quickly looked down at the table. At her hands, covered in glue and pieces of paper. "It is poetic. A very beautiful picture. Someone might decide it would be nice if it became real... and you'd find yourself with a new job." Whether he wanted to or not. Sometimes the stars listened when they shouldn't, and granted miracles when they weren't needed.

Pushing pieces of paper around the table with a finger, Seren tried to shake the sudden feeling of unease that wanted to settle in her core. "You don't... actually want that, do you? Picking sides, and fighting...?" No doubt a time would come when either party would welcome new blood with open arms, if they were able to hold a sword.
Seren