The Gameplan
Shrine post for Voice, with Neron
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN

They had won a victory, taken a morsel of revenge right from those that had smugly kicked her out of her own home only weeks prior. They had snatched their salvation from the jaws of humiliation and now it was time to make sure it could never happen again.

This was not a trip she made lightly; it had not been the first time either, but now it was more urgent. Hoping the Voice might be more likely to respond if one of her children was present, Morgan had brought Neron - while he didn't feel pain, he was still injured after their mission to take back the Citadel, so she had him ride on Euniche's back most of the way, Morgan guiding the reigns up mountain paths she'd memorised years ago.

"I don't know what we will do if she does not respond. Our might is not enough against the powers of the Old Gods." Yes, she wanted equality, peace of a kind, but right now those of the Old Gods were the ones that had made Halo their enemy; Morgan had to use what was available to her. "I think it's probably best if you start the prayer." Coming up to the cave and giving a hand to Neron to help him down, she would enter behind him, quiet and respectful, waiting to see if their Goddess would appear this time.
Would you have it any other way?
You couldn't have it any other way
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
Neron
the wind breathes lonely
longing to be seen
"I feel like some damsel who cannot be trusted to walk on her own two feet," Neron complains, though he graciously accepts Morgan's help down from Eunike. It's true - he can't feel pain - but his body does know to favour the parts of him that are still injured. He doesn't show it, but he knows he is lucky to be alive after all that has happened, and it's with a smile that he nods to Morgan and moves to approach the shrine.

The offering he brings is a simple one, but it is important to him - Neron brings the first novel he'd had the pleasure of reading in Caido, miraculously still in the Kraai to be found. "My lady," he says softly. "Though you were not physically present in our taking Halo back, I swear we all felt you there. We ask for a moment of your time and wisdom, please, so that we might ensure that this doesn't happen a second time."
sometimes the soul
has days like these

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
RANDOM EVENT
It isn't the Voice who hears the prayer, but it is heard just the same. A dark being comprised of ice lurks on the ceiling of the cave, with 8 legs that stretch long from its body like shadows. "If you don't want it to happen a second time, maybe you should not let those who carry knives into your bed." The creature's voice is reedy and thin and filled with careless amusement.

"You have grown complacent, Glacier, spending your time on greenhouses instead of diplomacy. You helped other realms instead of helping your own." Though the creature is mostly veiled by ice and shadow, still Neron will feel its eyes—many of them, in fact—turn toward him. "This is a mess of Morgan's own making. You should know better than to ask the Voice to clean it up."
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MORGAN

Neron said his prayer and Morgan thought it fitting; she waited with her head down for a response. Eyes tight shut, she wanted to open them upon hearing the Voice - instead, something distinctly other spoke up. She looked up with a confused frown, disappointed and angry that yet again, she had been snubbed by the Ascended Goddess.

The spirit that appeared did not make the situation any better, immediately beginning with a comment about her relationship. At this point, Morgan wondered if she ought to have a council meeting about the world's opinions on whose penis she touched. "Neron has been a great help in this situation." He'd been an idiot in the past, but she liked to think he'd gotten over it.

"...Alright. Then I'll do it myself." She said with an irritated sigh, standing up and turning - she didn't want to give this spirit any more time than it deserved. "Neron, let's go."
Would you have it any other way?
You couldn't have it any other way
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
Neron
the wind breathes lonely
longing to be seen
Honestly, Neron almost expects the Eirachi to show up, with his luck. To hear a reedy voice that is not his lady is a disappointment, but neither is it the ghostly tones of the Deepfrost goddess. And for that the Hailstorm can be thankful - is thankful. Looking up shows an icy, spider-like creature that has the bottom of his spine feeling itchy with gods-know-what; it freaks him out a bit either way, and he is wisely already retreating when Morgan speaks.

"What do you know of the Voice?" he wonders of the spirit, though he regrets the remark as soon as it leaves his mouth. Morgan is suggesting that they get on their way and Neron can't say he objects to it at all, the Ascended moving to fall in line with the Warden. "Thank you for your input," he murmurs to the spider - not that he sounds particularly grateful.
sometimes the soul
has days like these

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
RANDOM EVENT
"My, my. You certainly make it easy to see where your insecurities are. Not everything is so literal." The creature chitters with malicious glee. "But if metaphors are too complicated for you, what I meant was this: Hotaru weaselled her way into your confidence. Noah, a member of your council. Deimos too. All close, all with knives you never saw coming."

The creature is indeed about to answer Neron's question when Morgan haughtily chooses to depart. With another laugh, the spirit begins to scuttle away. "I have seen this all before with you Morgan. Do you remember the last time you turned away our help? And now look. None of the gods want anything to do with you. Hopefully your new friends don't stab you in the back like your old ones did. I fear they might be all you have left."

The sound of ice breaking and a nauseating slurping sound seems to herald the creature's departure. "Enjoy doing things on your own."

~FIN