hometown heroes
Ronyyyyy
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
the flood
so put your faith in the devil and the deep blue sea
put your trust in the light that you cannot see
Sunjata has next to no idea what’s happened in Halo — unremoved as he has been lately from all things involving the other lands. Regardless, Ronin had said that a letter would find him wherever the Huntsman was, and it’s a letter that’s sent in between the mix of packing the less important things and figuring out where they are to live. For now, though, he’s content to let it sit. Kamaria is with her class and Nate’s away on something he can only assume is business related. Which leaves him, with the ability to hopefully sneak away for a bit in the cold confines of Halo, for his quest from Safrin.

The soot stained cloth sits folded in Sunjata’s pocket, meeting Ronin at the foothills of Whitebrim, his steel gaze scanning the destruction. “This is in a shittier state than I remember seeing.” He mutters, drawing the fur coats around his shoulders tighter to keep himself from freezing to death. “I’m thinking through it and over the ridge is probably colder.” Right where the wind blows through.

His gaze slips to Ronin though, flashing a small smile. “Thanks for coming with me, by the way.” Oblivious to everything as he is, he has no idea what sorts of things have shaken up Ronin’s life recently.
there's a darkness up ahead
i will see you where the shadow ends
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Online
Change author:
MP: 3061

Shaken up is definitely a word for it. Ronin has had to force himself to peel away from Remi to respond to Sunjata's letter and his request, using his compass to get to Halo before he sets off at a trek into the tundra. He simultaneously wants to press himself against his husband's bones and also get time and space from the Greatwood, and ultimately he does take the opportunity for his mental health.

It doesn't mean he looks great, though, when he does come upon the Flood. Wrapped in a thick coat with a scarf knotted about his neck and sleek leather gloves adorning his hands, he offers a nod to the other man as he observes the ruins all around them. "What did it look like before?" he asks, his voice muffled beneath the scarf.

His blue eyes crease at the corners, his smile hidden away as Sunjata expresses his gratitude, and he nods. "Thanks for inviting me. I needed this time to cool off more than you know. How are things with you?"

RONIN
if there's one thing i'm good at, it's surviving
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
There were more buildings that stood last time I was here.” He rumbles with a laugh that clouds the cold air in front of him. He doesn’t know what happened but the fact it’s a cannibal location he just simply assumes that has to be what it is.

He begins to walk though after seeing the smile that crosses Ronin’s face through the crinkle in his gaze rather than his face. He nods, flashing a smile back his way. “Things are good with me. Just… Packing up the house and about to find the place we’re going to in order to build it.” He shrugs before his focus is back on Ronin. “What kind of cooling off do you need?” He asks, fishing the cloth out of his pocket, staining the fingers of his gloves with a wash of greyed ash.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

"Did anyone live here? Apart from... y'know. The cannibals?" Ronin's voice is still muffled behind his scarf, and he trudges through the snow after Sunjata, following the other man's lead around to wherever he needs to go. "That sounds very freeing. Have you decided where?" he remarks of packing up, of moving on and building a new place to live. It's very much what he and Remi had envisioned (over, and over, and over...) but things just kept having a habit of fucking up for them.

Hence the cooling off. "I don't even really know," he confesses, shoving his hands even deeper in his pockets if possible. "Hotaru fled from Halo to the Greatwood. She went into labour and had twins. Remi is the father." It all comes spilling out on a shuddering breath. "I fucked up - badly. Became a... a... dragon, apparently, started tearing up Hak Etme. I nearly killed Remi. I really thought I'd killed him."

RONIN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
As far as I know, just cannibals.” He huffs, another cloud appearing before his face. He steps a bit more carefully here as the ground slopes, wanting to not bring his tall frame down into the snow. If there’s one thing Sunjata despised more than snow itself, it was snow in his coat and against his skin. “King’s End, I think. Somewhere by the ocean.” Because the ocean wouldn’t be able to get out of reach for the Flood, someone who’d strove for the freeing sense of sand beneath his feet and a deep ocean for miles.

The cloth is unfolded and when Sunjata finds a place that’s suitable to let the cloth freeze, he fans it out and sets it atop the snow – letting his gaze fall over it to make sure that he’d gotten it right. He doesn’t know how long to leave it there, but… Oh well. Luckily he’s distracted from those thoughts when Ronin dumps everything that’s been going on with him lately.

Dark sculpted brows raise and his gaze snaps immediately to the Huntsman. “I, uh, heard that Remi was the father when I interrogated Hotaru.” He huffs out a sigh, an ashen gloved hand rising to run through his hair to keep the snow from sticking to the ends and freezing. “Fucking hell.” It’s half a laugh, half a grimace, a shiver running down Sunjata’s spine. "Is he okay?" He was lucky that when his dragon shift showed itself, it was when Nate had just returned home – a time when they were both still sick and fucked up and he’d had no reason to rampage. Perhaps he should’ve let it loose to get his anger out with the whole arson ordeal.

That’s neither here nor there, so he finds himself stepping toward Ronin to clasp the other man’s shoulders and offer a soft smile. “Dragons are… A tough shift. If you ever want to help figure it out, I’m sure Safrin wouldn’t mind her two dragons patrolling around.” A soft smile is sent Ronin’s way, hoping it might ease any worries.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

Ronin steps where Sunjata does, not having nearly enough concentration to be able to pick his own path out through the ice and snow. Of course, this means that if Jata goes down then Ronin will too, but it seems to be a price that the Huntsman is willing to pay. "Mm...? King's End isn't too bad. If you follow the river inland you can make it all the way to the Greatwood if you go far enough," he says, though it sounds as though he's just making small talk at this point.

"What is that?" he inquires when they stop, as if just having noticed that Sunjata has brought something to leave in the cold. Belatedly, of course, he remembers Safrin's quest, but he hadn't really asked for any of the details. And now his mind is understandably elsewhere.

Ronin wrinkles his nose - and that's really all the response he needs to give - and directs his gaze downwards again to hear that Sunjata already knows, and he can only offer a shrug about Remi. "He's alive, and he's going to recover. He says it's okay, but I..." Ronin shakes his head. "You don't do that to someone you love, do you?"

Even Sunjata's hands on his shoulders aren't enough to lift his eyes up, Ronin seeming suddenly much smaller than his presence would usually suggest. "Thanks for the offer, but I don't think I'll be using that shift again. I don't need to figure it out if I never let it out." What's that? An unhealthy coping mechanism? Ronin? Never.

RONIN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
He nods along idly as Ronin mentions the Greatwood. It would be a quick trip to get to see his friend at least, but it also meant a quick trip to the boundaries of where Nate’s allowed to go. He puts that in the back of his mind though, because Ronin’s going on and dumping a whole lot of everything onto him and he feels for his friend. “It’s a cloth I dragged through the ash of the Climb. I’m supposed to put it somewhere cold, then bury it in a shallow grave over a broken mirror for a week.” He rumbles as he sets it out over the snow, then glances around as if he’s looking for a space to bury it with the broken pieces of a mirror he also carries in a cloth in another pocket.

But his gaze finds Ronin’s again and something sympathetic crosses his steel gaze. “Depends.” He shrugs with a frown. “Love is powerful, Ronin. And heartbreak? It can make monsters of us all.” He says softly, before he exhales another slow sigh. He’d been on the receiving end more than enough times to know. It’s also why he clings to Nate so much. Because without him, Sunjata doesn’t like the man he is.

As for the dragon though, he shakes his head softly, trying to be an encouraging friend as well as wise enough to offer what advice he does. “You and I both know that’s dangerous.” It isn’t an accusation but an observation. “You can pretend it isn’t there all you want but it doesn’t change the fact that it is. And that the next upset might spark it too and you’ll be unaware…” He steps away from Ronin toward a half fallen shed, where the wall slopes inward in comparison to the hill it’s backed up against.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

"Oh," Ronin says helpfully, as Sunjata both explains but also somehow doesn't explain about the ashy cloth blowing about in the icy gale. "Cool. Did Safrin say why she wanted you to do that?" It's enough to have him at least a bit distracted from his own crap, the Huntsman tilting his head down at the fabric, shifting his weight from foot to foot. And his eyes don't leave the cloth when Sunjata speaks again, though Ronin does offer his friend a quiet nod at his comments.

"Where do you get off being so wise all of a sudden?" he grumbles. And it doesn't seem as though the Flood is finished there, either, and whilst Sunjata busies himself with the somewhat crumpled shed, Ronin kicks at a pile of snow and slowly trails behind him. "I know," he murmurs, not that he sounds as though that will stop him. "But I'm not ready to face it. So it will have to stay where it is for now, and I'll have to learn to keep it under wraps. I know it's not healthy - but it's all I have right now."

RONIN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
I’m getting an item Ludo made that’s been lost to the sea.” He murmurs offhandedly. “To help me see through illusions so I might be less paranoid.” He casts a glance back at Ronin as he walks back over toward the edge of the shed that’s collapsing inward. He thinks it should be safe. It only has to make it a week, anyway, and so the Flood moves to take the glove off of his hand, partially shifting it into the hand of his dragon shift so that the talons might pierce the ice to dig that shallow grave.

The grumble is heard briefly and Sunjata offers a soft snort in response, a shake of his head as he makes a small pile beside the shallow grave. “It’s rare and far between, take them while they’re here.” He offers with a huff of a laugh. It’s a laugh that dies down into something a bit more serious as he rises just enough to grab the bag hanging from a belt loop so that he might be able to spread the broken mirror pieces within the shallow grave once he’s flattened it. “I understand, Ronin.” He says softly, pausing as he sprinkles the mirror pieces out to look up at his friend.

But I want you to know that if you do want to let it out, some place safe, you have a dragon that can be at your side as soon as possible to help.” A dark brow rises, as if daring Ronin to deny it. He had no ties to him anymore, none that kept him from being able to sit there and help Ronin when he needed it. He would be there, and he wants to make sure the Huntsman knows that.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

"And why on earth would you want to do that?" Ronin asks, sounding incredulous, and even though he doesn't glance up from the snow, there's a knowing little smile on his face. "You're one of the least paranoid people I know, Sunjata. You don't need a silly item to help you out." He's drawn up to stand with the other man now, reaching out to give his shoulder a gentle squeeze. "I hope it helps," he adds softly, letting the Flood step forward to dig his weird little grave.

Ronin, usually quick to step forward and help, can't find it in himself to move as they continue to talk about his dangerous shift and the unhealthy steps he's absolutely going to take in order not to hurt anyone with it. And he can at least see his friend's offer for what it is, the Huntsman forcing his shoulders to relax as he finally glances up at Jata. "I'll keep that in mind," he says with a smile. "Thank you. When you're done here, shall we head into the Citadel for a drink?"

RONIN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
That has to be a joke.” Sunjata drawls, casting a glance back at Ronin with a quirk of his lips in amusement. But his shoulder is squeezed and his head ducks a small fraction, shoulders rising and falling in a small shrug as he nods. “I hope it does too.” Because truthfully, he was tired of being fucked with, over and over and over again. And if he has a chance to stop it before it gets into his head (to stop the manipulations before they took hold) then he might be able to try and actually live his life without turning into his father.

Ronin keeps his distance while Sunjata digs the shallow grave, spreading the mirror pieces within and laying them out easily, before he’s draping the half frozen cloth over it, before that taloned hand is covering it up again – working extra diligently to make sure it wouldn’t be dug up when he wasn’t around by shoveling a bit of snow onto it, hiding it from view but making a mental note of it nonetheless.

After that, however, he draws up fully and moves back to Ronin. “I’d love nothing more, Ronin.” Flashing his friend a smile, he bumps his shoulder into the Huntsman with a wink, before shifting to his Pegasus shift for the other man to climb atop to get to the Citadel that much faster. If Ronin didn’t want to deal with dragons, he’s careful to avoid it in every sense. And once the demigod has climbed onto his back, Sunjata takes to the skies and heads toward that promised drink.

- FIN <333