follow the moon
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Trigger Warning 
Love, let's talk about love
Unaware of the worries playing in his mind, Seren picked at a loose thread in her clothing. "That's the gist of it, yeah," she said quietly. "It's an old city, from before the last war, I think. And they've implemented some very strict laws. Magic is not allowed in the city. Nor are Ascended, or Abandoned. There are wards everywhere that turn magic users to stone if they try to enter..." And that alone was enough for her to feel uneasy, even if her abilities were of a slightly different nature.

"But that's not why I... It's the attitude the people there have, against magic users. They... they are actively preventing magical children from being born. Apparently they can detect even in the woumb if the child is Abandoned. And they... allow it to be born within the city. So that it won't survive."

Even speaking the words brought on that same wave of nausea and horror as the first time Seren heard of the practice. She didn't look at Sah, couldn't stand to see his reaction to this. Not when she was living in a place like that, eating and sleeping while such a thing went on unchallenged.

It made her feel so impossibly tainted.
Is it anything and everything you hoped for?
SEREN
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895
Sah

"It turns them to stone? Clearly it doesn't affect Demi-gods. But Fae, Abandoned, and Ascended with magic? They all turn to stone?" Sah's voice was hushed with horror. He had no idea that Stormbreak was that extreme, or that he as an Abandoned was even banned from being there. No wonder Seren was uncomfortable. Her abilities were nearly magic, and the Demi-god was nowhere near that extreme in her beliefs as far as he knew.

And then Seren told him about the Abandoned children. There was a sudden rumble in the sky, matching Lilly's sudden howl. A massive bolt of lighting struck the sand around them, creating a layer of glass.

Sah was already on his feet, fists clenched to the point that his nails cut into his skin, dripping blood onto the still-hot glass. When he looked at Seren, his eyes were dark, fury written on every inch of his face. The Abandoned's voice was deathly cold as he all but snarled out the statement, "They what."
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
The rumble of thunder was the only warning. Then Lilly howled, and Sah was on his feet, and lightning exploded into the ground. Seren's hands flew up to cover her head as the shock of electricity jolted through her, and red lines were cut across the tender skin as shards of hot glass scattered all around. Even being near this much raw energy was painful, and it had only been one strike.

As the steam rose from the sand with an acrid stench of molten rock, she carefully peeked up to look at Sah. A shard of the glass had made it past her guard, and a cut beneath one eye weeped red in a slow trickle down her cheek. Seren trembled, shocked at the blackness of his eyes. The sheer violence of his temper.

Opening her mouth to speak, she found that her voice had gone. Throat constricted with fright, she tried in vain to produce sound, but nothing came out.
She closed her eyes. Bracing for another impact.
SEREN
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Trigger Warning 
Sah

Seren's silence told Sah enough. "They murder children.. pups." His jaw popped from how forcefully he had grit his teeth. "You only just learned this I assume? Does Ronin know? Your mother clearly does and likely approves given that it hasn't stopped." The only thing stopping him from  going and taking Stormbreak down this very second was that barrier Seren mentioned. The Abandoned was so caught up in his own rage that he hadn't even realized the damage he'd done. That he'd hurt Seren, or even himself. There was a large slice across his cheek as well, dripping red down his jaw.

It was only a sudden sharp pain that caught Sah's attention. Lilly had clamped her jaws down on his wrist. Eyes snapping to his companion, Sah froze. The fear, worry, and reflected anger and pain he felt from the young wolf overwhelmed him. Letting out a shaky breath, the Abandoned finally came back to himself.

Sah glanced up and froze once more, seeing what he'd done. "I...fuck.. Seren...are you ok? I'm so sorry." Voice quiet and choked, he dropped to a knee a few feet from her, feeling too sick with himself to sand when she sat. Glass shards bit into his leg but he didn't notice.

Sah's eyes scanned the damage on Seren, not daring to approach though he desperately wished to. Each injury made the Abandoned flinch, spikes of guilt and self-loathing piercing him deeply. The fear in his friends eyes made Sah sick. He'd put that look there. He'd hurt her, unintentionally, but he still had. Concerned as he was, the Outlander had yet to even catalogue his own injures, already forgetting about the deep bite on his wrist.

Lilly inched towards Seren, her belly near the ground and tail tucked sadly. Getting closer, she let out a small whine, wanting to comfort the Demi-god but not sure how. Or even if it was welcome.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
He wasn't shouting, but might as well have given how she started when he spoke up. The way he spoke about her parents hurt, and the wounded gleam in her eyes as she looked up was due to more than just cuts and scrapes.

She wanted to speak, to say something, but her heart and limbs did funny little jolts occasionally and her hands felt numb. The blood trickling slowly down the arms was about the only warm thing left in the night as the glass cooled and left her sitting like a thunderbird in a nest of devastation. Even should she manage to stand on her quivering legs, bare feet would be sliced open with a single step.

There was nowhere to run.

But more than her own pain, the state of Sah made her chest squeeze tightly with concern. He was bleeding so much, and Lilly was whining...
It took barely a thought for the girl to summon a single bird, shimmering with starlight. Releasing it from her trembling hands, the starling flew up to Sah and tried to land on his shoulder. Tweeting, it spread a soft, pale light that intensified upon reaching the cut on his cheek and the bite on the wrist, and by the cut legs too. Surface scratches easily healed - but his wounded soul she could do nothing about.

"M-my dad... didn't know, " she gasped weakly, averting her eyes and avoiding to answer the question if she was alright. Seren didn't have an answer. She didn't know yet. "I t-to-told him just... just a few days ago. He was upset. Not... like this but - but he was." Her father was not a monster. He was a good, kind man with too many burdens to carry already - and he had been ready to pick this one up too, if she'd asked it of him. "He asked if you still wanted to come to Greatwood with us. And... and my mother - "

Tears were prickling her eyes again. Burning and hot, hateful tears that wouldn't retreat no matter how hard she swallowed. They overflowed as the image of Safrin's beautiful face came floating to the surface, serene and perfect and so full of love. "My m-mama is... not the only god," she sobbed, wiping at her face and wincing wherever the salt in a cut made her hands sting. "She is kind and warm and - and -"

And she was perfectly willing to let every last Ascended perish in order to defeat the Voice. The indifference towards the Abandoned was something Seren had already seen first hand, and the knew that even if the practice had not originated with Safrin, the goddess also had done nothing to prevent it.

It was painful. So very painful, and Seren curled in on herself where she sat, crying like she hadn't since Atlas died.
SEREN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah flinched when he felt his wounds begin to mend, looking at the Demi-god in front of him with pure bafflement. "Wh..why heal me? Heal yourself, please. This is my fault. You should be helping yourself. Not me." The phrase, 'I deserve the pain from this, not you', was on the tip of his tongue. But Seren speaking prevented him from doing so. Sah wouldn't dare interrupt her right now.

The Abandoned flinched once more as her words reached him, self-loathing filling him. "I assume that offer is void now." Sah stated painfully and bluntly, fully believing that Seren would want nothing to do with him after this. Sah had lost control of his temper.

The strength of his affinity for lighting meant that the element came easily to him. Too easily. It had reacted to his rage and fear when he heard of the Abandoned children. Seeing his own pups in their place. The raw element had reacted, lashing out, and harming both Seren and himself. The Abandoned hadn't done it intentionally, but it was still his magic. Still his fault. He had scared and hurt Seren. It was unacceptable.  

Sah bit his lip hard enough that it nearly bled. Only stopping himself from getting to that point out of fear that Seren would try to heal him again. Lilly had crawled forward even closer, within reach of Seren if she only put a hand out. Whining, the pup slowly approached and if allowed, would begin to lick at the Demi-god's tears.

Seeing Seren sob because of his actions felt like daggers in Sah's heart. His throat felt tight, raw as if he'd been screaming. Remaining where he was, eyes almost desperate with concern, it took all of his willpower not to approach her. "I..Seren.. I'm so sorry. I have no right to judge you or you family. I'm so sorry. " He choked out, not knowing how to fix this situation. The Abandoned so desperately wanted to comfort her, to fix this. But he didn't know how to do so without making it worse.

Even if he couldn't, maybe someone could? "Lilly, call Umbra. Don't howl though." Sah asked his companion, not wanting to set Seren off further. Lilly shot the Abandoned a scathing glare but turned her eyes skyward. Letting out a loud yip that hopefully the dragon would hear, she returned to tending to the Demi-god.

Although Lilly was tender with Seren, through the bond she was sending disappointment and anger towards her own bonded. But underneath it was some concern for Sah's state as well. The crashing emotions in him were overwhelming, and Lilly had to block them out to prevent getting lost in their storm. A storm that was written all over his face, and in the tears beginning to fall silently from his eyes.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
The sharp yip hurt her ears, but it was the wolf's soft tongue licking at her face that really made her react. Sah's words was a mere blur in her ears, melting together until she didn't know what he was actually saying, or what she should be replying to. Parting from her own face, Seren reached for Lilly and wrapped her arms about the shaggy neck, her sobs muffled as she hid away against the companion. But she still could not seem to stop crying, even though she tried desperately to contain herself. It was hopeless, the dam had cracked and all the pent up worry and pain from the past seasons came flooding through.

It took a while, but eventually the sound of wings could be heard on the wind. Rapid and strong, it was a drumbeat or a distant thunder that rolled ever closer. Not a thing could be seen in the dark sky, save perhaps for the odd flickering of the stars as something large passed by in front of them.

Until, suddenly, the dragon was there. Sweeping in on a large arc over the scene, silvery eyes reflecting the light of the stars, the moon and the starlight bird. Umbra gazed between the glassy sand of the beach, the man on his knees and the wolf seeking to console a sobbing girl, and something hot and dangerous began to rise into the throat.

Beating his large wings once, twice, Umbra increased his height and came around again for another pass over them. When he was level with Sah, he opened his jaws and let stream a thin jet of searing flame, aiming for a spot behind him. So intense was the heat that the glass was melted all over again, and close enough that the boy would have to move. Up, onto his feet. Onwards.

Forth, to what he was supposed to be doing. Not kneeling like a coward in the dirt.
SEREN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Unlike the last whisper of dragon wings on the wind, the sound of Umbra's approach sent a surge of relief though Sah. The dragon, Seren's own companion, would likely be a welcome comfort for her. Lilly wagged her tail as the dragon descended. The wolf pup also blatantly wagged harder when the dragon turned on Sah, easily figuring out Umbra's intentions.  

Sah, no matter how overwhelmed he was, still reacted on instinct. Once the fire was going in his direction, the Abandoned was already on his feet and dodging. It was with startling clarity that he realized where Umbra was leading him. "What? Umbra, this.. I'm at fault here. Why would she want me closer?"

Still, unmilling to be burned, the Abandoned let himself be pushed forward until he was standing in front of the Demi-god. Heartbroken, Sah got down on his knees, and held out his arms to Seren. The look on his face was a question in itself. If she wanted to hug him, he'd do whatever he could to soothe her. If instead the Demi-god wanted to push him away, he'd already be enough distance that a single small shove would do it.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
As soon as Sah moved, the fire was cut off, and the dragon shot up to circle from a higher elevation. The question made Umbra snort, a sharp and almost derisive sound, clearly believing that the human should know the answer to that already.

The crunch of steps over sand and glass made Seren tense at first, her grip on Lilly tightening. When nothing happened - no talking, no touching - she slowly raised her head, red-rimmed eyes gazing in silent question at Sah. That's when she saw his outstretched arms. The offer. The pain in his expression, lit up by the bird that still perched on his shoulder.

She hesitated. For a heartwrenching moment, she did not move. Could not, paralyzed by the storm of conflicting emotions that raged on the inside. It took a mental nudge from Umbra to snap her out of it, and there was the smallest lurch forward. Her grip on Lilly loosened, and in a tentative gesture she reached for Sah instead, willing to let herself be pulled in.
SEREN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Trigger Warning 
Sah

The second Seren inched towards him, Sah pulled her tightly into his arms. One arm around her waist, the other cupping the back of her head protectively. He let out a shaky breath, trying to get his own emotions under control. The Abandoned still didn't understand why Seren wanted his comfort. He was under the impression that part of this, a large part of it, was fear. Fear of what he'd done to them both. As well as anger at the accusations towards her family that he'd thrown out in the process. So for the life of him, the Outlander was completely confused as to why she wanted a hug from him.

Lilly, who stepped back when Seren had let go, eyed her bonded incredulously. Glancing at Umbra, she nodded thankfully but the question in her eyes was clear. Why is my bonded being an idiot about this? Fed up, the wolf pup sat beside the dragon, using his wing as a shade.

Still holding Seren as if he'd die if someone took her, Sah swallowed harshly. There were still tears falling down his cheeks, as he rested his chin on her head. "I'm so sorry Seren. Sorry for scaring you, for hurting you. For not hearing you out first and letting my anger get the best of me. For jumping to conclusion about your family. I just...I saw my twins in the children you mentioned. Kids with magic." The Outlander shuddered, unable to expand further on the topic. "I don't mean that as an excuse... I just want you to know that.. none of that wrath was directed at you. None of it."
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Burying her face into his shoulder, there was a long, shuddering sigh from the girl and the storm of tears kicked up all over again. She clung to Sah like he was the only solid thing that existed, and for a time that may very well have been true.

Only when the worst of it had passed did she actually hear what he was saying. Tearfilled apologies, explanations and assurances, all as she was crushed to his chest like something fragile and precious. Sniffling, coughing to clear her throat, Seren swallowed thickly. Angled her head slightly, until her stinging eyes found comfort in the dark at the crook of his neck.

"I still want you to come," came a broken whisper, ragged and barely audible. "On the trip. If - If you still want to?" It was a question, because Seren wasn't so sure that he did want that, after all of this. Even now, he had been bullied by Umbra into coming to her. If the dragon hadn't shown up, hadn't been on his way back already, would Sah still be sitting in that same spot? Maybe he didn't actually want this contact. She couldn't tell.

As for the rest... The healing. The fact that she absolutely believed his anger to have been directed at her and still wanted the comfort he could offer... "We're friends, right? Even when you're angry. You didn't hurt me on purpose. Right? So I forgive you."

Because she wanted to. Because she could. Even when he had insulted her family. Perhaps that part... would take a bit longer, though.
SEREN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

"Never. I'd never hurt you on purpose like that." Sah stated, an urgency in his tone. "I hope you know that." If she didn't, he'd have to find a way to prove it to her. The Outlander meant every word. As the Demi-god nuzzled into him, something raw and jagged smoothed over in the Abandoned. Perhaps she did know.

Sah let out a slightly watery laugh, shaking his head as Seren spoke. "You shouldn't. Want me to come or forgive me, that is. I don't understand how you can. But.. thank you. I'll go. If you want me to." The Abandoned's voice dropped to almost a whisper, a quiet admission. "I didn't think you'd even want me to hug you, that's why I was staying a few feet away. I though it I tried I'd just make it worse."

Sah gave her a gentle squeeze. "I'm relieved that that's not the case." A small smile beginning to find it's way across his face. "I really love hugging you." A tiny chuckle left him as he added, "You're so warm and squishy, it's cozy." Sah teased, giving her another squeeze jokingly. "See?"
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
A silent moment passed, while Seren chewed her lip. Tasted the truth of his words, until she could nod slightly beneath his chin. "I believe you." Though part of her felt that this accidental wounding was almost worse. It implied a lack of control she had not expected in him, and wanted to mock the calm safety she had always felt while being near him. If that was an illusion...

He laughed, and the sound brought her out of her thoughts. The explanation made sense, in a way, but also reminded Seren of why she had been keeping her distance in the first place. Yet here she was anyway, curled up in his arms and leeching on his warmth like it was the most natural thing in the world. Planning camping trips, and...

Her thoughts screeched to a halt. Color that had nothing to do with either cold or anger or clotted lacerations began to darken her cheeks, blessedly hidden along with the rest of her face. Though Seren tried to, she couldn't help but slowly tense up as she was squeezed even tighter, and the response within her own body made the mind go blank.

It was cozy. And warm. And absolutely terrifying in its alluring comfort, that beconed her to just forget everything and lose herself.

"I... That's not - it's not..." Stuttering, tripping over her own tongue and failing time and again to catch the meaning of what she was even trying to say, Seren squirmed a little where she sat. Not exactly pulling away, but growing much too aware of where Sah's hands rested on her back, behind her head. "I didn't... but I also do - I... just - " I don't know, I don't know, I don't know what I want from you.

Off to the side, having landed in the sand, there came another snort from Umbra. Just as short, but somewhat amused too. As if he just caught her with a lie.
SEREN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Seren's words had the last of Sah's tension bleeding away. "I'll focus more on my control when I train from now on. I won't let this happen again." His voice was firm, the statement a promise in itself. He would  never forgive himself if something like this were to reoccur. The Abandoned hardly could forgive himself this time.

Sah felt the tension in his friend immediately. He loosened his hold so that she could pull away at any moment if she wished. Seren's stuttering however made the issue abundantly clear. "Oh." The Abandoned let out another small laugh. "Sorry."  Unable to stop a chuckle from escaping, Sah tried to reassure her. "It's ok. You don't need to explain anything. We're good, right? That's all that needs to be." Another small laugh rumbled out of him. "Don't strain yourself."
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare