follow the moon
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Love, let's talk about love
And that, Seren knew, was all she could ask for. She had her own regrets to mull over, not least of which was the state of this man's homeland and the role she had played in it. Thoughts for another time... She was finding it increasingly difficult to think at all. The weight of Sah's head against her palm kept absorbing all her focus, much as the soft gleam of amber in his eyes as he opened his eyes. Maybe it was the treasure hunter in her that relished that color so much... she just couldn't seem to look away.

"You have beautiful eyes..." It was a testament to how relaxed she was becoming, that such a line could slip out past her guard. Immediately the warmth cranked up in her face again, flushing her cheeks pink beneath the freckles; Seren's gaze darted off and she began to turn her head aside, wishing - not for the first time - that she could just melt into the ground and disappear.
Is it anything and everything you hoped for?
SEREN
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895
Sah

The sudden compliment had Sah blinking in confusion. But a wide grin slowly stretched across his face before his head tilted back, away from her hand, as he broke out into snickers . Seren's panic only made the Abandoned laugh more. There was a slight flush on his cheeks as well though, and the tips of his ears had taken on a rosy hue.

"Thanks. They somehow haven't changed from when I was a wolf." Still snickering, Sah gently poked Seren in the forehead. "I like yours too. Very pretty, like the sky above the clouds on a clear day." The color of the sky that he used to soar through upon his own wings.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Seren supposed that laughter was a better reaction than awkward silence, but it still made her pout. Especially when he did that forehead poke again. With a grumbly splutter of something that might be a little flattered but mostly just shy, the girl let her head drop back to his shoulder where she could hide away. As if moving even closer and settling more comfortably into his arms might somehow let her escape...? It didn't make much sense to her either.
"Thank you." At least she was not alone in blushing.

There was a long pause. "What... will you do, after this? Did the queens... say anything?" In the midst of emotional fireworkds, Seren had forgotten why Sah was here in the first place. A messenger carrying news... and now that the task was done, where would he go? Much as always, Seren did not really want to part ways. There might come a day when Sah's presence began to grate on her, but it had yet to happen.
SEREN
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah

Resting comfortably against Seren, Sah sighed. "The Queens see Morgan's action as her taking back what was hers. Which isn't exactly wrong." His brow furrowed. "They want to give her  a chance it sounds like. Morgan spoke about trying to make Halo neutral and welcoming for all. And she's apparently made steps to hear concerns from the citizens, so they're willing to give her the benefit of the doubt." The Abandoned shrugged slightly. "I can't blame them. Halo and Torchline share a border. It's too their benefit to be on decent terms."

Sah eyed the sky for a moment."As for me? Cordelia and I will be heading back to Halo. I'll bring up my concerns with Morgan and get a feel for where Halo's future might be going with her in charge. I don't trust her and I'll scope around and see if she's really aligned with the Voice. I also plan to regroup with Aino and the family to make a game plan of our next steps." If they'd stay or go. Where they'd go if they did.

A look of grim determination took shape on his face. "I'm also going to take a look at this  mageglass situation. I'll take another trip out to the Fangs to see if I can get a better handle on where and how much there is. Hopefully collect some too." Sah glanced at Seren curiously. "Do you want to come with me for that? Maybe meet me at the Fangs in a bit? I'll likely bring one or two other people that I trust."
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Humming in acknowledgement, Seren felt that her mind was becoming somewhat saturated with concerns. Halo, Stormbreak, the Voice and her own mother, friends and enemies and plans for the future... it all congealed into a thick, sluggish weariness that drew a long sigh from her.
"I see. Keep in touch, yeah? Please don't put yourself at risk if it can be avoided..." She didn't want to have to worry anymore. It was tiring.

The invitation to join him on the hunt for mageglass made Seren blink, and she looked up again, a little surprised. "Really? You want me to come along? I'd love to help, however I can." She paused, considering. "I might... pay a visit to my mother first, if that is alright with you. I completed a task she set for me, and perhaps... with a bit of luck the reward could prove useful." The idea of another adventure in the Fangs made her eyes glitter with anticipation, and the way she smiled looked rather eager. It would be nice to do something productive.

"Are you sure, though? If we do find mageglass, we are probably going to have to defend it, too." Unless the pieces they recovered - if any - would enable them to guard themselves. It was an interesting prospect, either way.
SEREN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah turned a gentle smile on his friend, giving her a nod. "I'll be careful. I'll try not to go looking for trouble, ok? And I'll keep in touch so don't worry." He'd likely send her a letter when he got back to Halo, If for no other reason then to let her know that he was there and still safe.

Seren's surprise at his offer drew a chuckle from the Abandoned. "Of course I want you there." His eyes were warm as he explained. "You might still be learning but you're already useful in an emergency at your current level. Doubly so with your healing ability. And... well.. I trust you." It was as simple as that really. Sah knew that Seren wasn't about to stab him in the back metaphorically or literally. With the rising tensions, that surety was worth more then gold.

The mention of a useful reward had him raising a brow. "Really? Then we can definetly wait. Let me know when you're ready and we'll set a date for the trip." Seren's concerns however got a sharp nod. "I'm sure. Even if we don't successfully retrieve any, having a better handle on where the deposits are and current obstacles will be valuable information."

Sah noted the sinking moon. "I need to head back soon. Cordelia and I are heading for Halo at dawn."
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
"Thank you. I'll try not to." The faintest of dimples in her cheek suggested it might not work, but she would try.
The trust he placed in her was very humbling. While it was true that she had sown the seeds of this expedition, it was still Sah's initiative and his choice in whom to bring along. Her usefullness or lack thereof could well make or break the whole endeavor... which made her grateful that he was willing to wait for her conversation with Safrin.

"Alright. Tell me when you are home, and I'll let you know when I can turn up." After her conversation with Ronin the idea of neglecting her training with the Dragoons was less guilt inducing. She would still do it, because it was fun and she needed the practice, but it no longer felt quite so urgent to receive the full uniform. If she even wanted it at all.

The news that Sah would have to leave soon had a soft sigh of regret slip from her. "Already? Can't you stay... just a bit longer? I can take you back to Haulani... Or straight to Halo, if you'd prefer." Though of course that meant leaving Cordelia behind... which was a no, she knew that even without asking.
SEREN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah gave his friend a gentle smile. "I will." The smile turned into a look of quiet contemplation. "When we meet again, I'll do my best to fill you in on anything of importance. What Morgan says when I talk to her and such." There was a slight pinch of his brows. The Outlander wasn't sure what he'd find when he returned home to Halo. Aino said that they were ok but to what extent? Halo had been drastically changed in the span of just a few days and the Abandoned imagined there was still a strong undercurrent of tension.

Seren's request tugged a small chuckle from Sah. It was such an innocent and childish request and it made him feel bad to deny her. Shaking his head,  he let out a sigh of his own. "I can't leave Cordelia. And to be honest? I'm exhausted from the past few days." There was a line of tension to his shoulders, the deep-seated ache of exhaustion beyond the physical.

Giving one last wave, he called Lilly to his side. "I'll see you soon Seren. Take care." Heading back to Haulani the Outlander braced himself for the coming days.

-{FIN}
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare