wrap myself around your bones
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN
A trip out to Halo with Sunjata. Something for a quest for Safrin. And a chance to clear his head, to use the cold to freeze out any murderous thoughts that might rise up. The dragon in him doesn't like the cold, he's realised - it isn't like Sugar in that way. And so when Ronin returns from his trip, he feels marginally more in control of himself, but the time he's been away from Remi is like bright sunburn on his skin. It stings, and it's impossible to forget.

So he tears through the woods in full shift, with blazing light streaming from his antlers, and the rest of the creatures in the dark know to get out of his way. Granted, it's probably not the luxere that causes that reaction, but Ronin has little time to give a fuck about it right now. Soon enough he's at their little boat, and the sun is just beginning to peep over the horizon. He's quiet as he shifts back, as he lets himself into what will very soon be home for he and Remi, and he can't help but hold his breath as he looks for his husband.
a star in someone else's sky

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
we are like birds of a feather, we are two hearts thrown together
The ring on his finger remains more or less steady. Remi has stopped trying to decode what various sporadic beats might indicate; Ronin and Jata might be sparring, might be drunk, might be taking on ursurs, or, in a not-too-distant-reality, fucking each other. Regardless, so long as the pulsing doesn't stop entirely, Remi doesn't give it much thought. He wants his husband back now, but knows that the Huntsman needs this trip away from the Woods and the new lives within it.

He hates it, though.

Unlike Ronin, Remi hasn't worked on the boat at all. He's cleaned up here and there, but given what side of things he's currently on, doing anything without Ronin feels unfaithful to this mutual dream of theirs. So, rather than waking with the dawn to work on their boat, Remi is asleep inside of it. Not unlike how he used to sleep in Northaven, Remi's pale avian form is perched on top of what might have once been an oar. With a head beneath his wing, he's nothing more than a golden ball of sleepy feathers as Ronin enters.
THE ALCHEMIST
we will be forever as one, my brother under the sun
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
The golden ball of sleepy feathers might as well be a shining beacon in the boat as Ronin ducks inside, and while he wants to scoop up the hawk and squash him with his cuddles and love, he knows better than to provoke avian instincts. He doesn't fancy stitching up talon wounds this early. So it's with an appropriate amount of respect that he approaches Remi, leaning down a bit to look at him, asleep with his head tucked under his wing.

"Is there any form you take where you aren't handsome?" he wonders softly by way of a greeting, and though he looks tired, there's nothing but warmth and love in Ronin's expression. "Want to tuck yourself in my coat while I get a fire going outside? I thought I might make us eggs and bacon for breakfast."

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Starting at the sudden greeting, Remi's wings flare out revealing narrowed green eyes haloed by adorably ruffled feathers. It takes only a second of sleepy recognition to push away this intimidating posture, leaving the alchemist just looking pleased to see the Huntsman despite his relative lack of expressive features. I think we can both agree that there is. Though I am still not sure what you have against tentacles. Remi replies as his wings flap once, twice, to bring the hawk toward the Star.

Tucking his talons into the loops of Ronin's pants and belt and nuzzling his head in against his husband's chest, Remi gives a mental yawn as he clicks his beak a few times in an effort to wake himself up. I had a dream that you came home. That is what I was thinking of when you came in, actually. It wasn't precognition if that's what you're thinking. Really it's no surprise at all that Remi would dream of his husband's return, given that it had been what he was thinking of before he went to bed.

I see being a dragon hasn't changed your preference for cooked food?
THE ALCHEMIST
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
Remi's flaring wings and sleepy eyes and ruffled feathers are a recipe for adorableness, and so Ronin can't much be blamed for the way his cheeks round and how he has to bite his lower lip to keep his smile under control. "There are too many of them and they stick to all the places that they shouldn't," he says of the tentacles, straightening up in time for his husband to swoop towards him.

He lets his coat fall around the hawk as Remi nestles close against him, and the warm press of a feathered body is enough for the Huntsman to feel like he's properly home already. "Oh? I hope the real thing is as good as your dream," he says softly, already ambling out of the houseboat so he can hop to shore towards the dead embers of their cooking fire.

As for his preferences, he can only wrinkle his nose. "Not today it hasn't. But if you'd like me to feed you some raw bacon, I'm sure I can oblige you."

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Well, you just tell me where you would like them to stick and I will happily oblige. Remi silently trills, knowing full well Ronin's answer will be nowhere near me. Darkness consumes him, and though his instincts are unhappily riled by this, Remi is more than content enough to swallow down the rising panic.

"In the dream you sailed home on a river made of stars, and we lived in a treehouse comprised of sentient vines." The alchemist muses, his mental voice tinged with a smile his beak can't manage. "But yes, this is much better." And he does mean that, in a way likely only Ronin will understand. The dream world offers the pair anything they might want. Any setting, any eventuality, any outcome. But never, ever, is it as good as reality.

I absolutely would like that. The hawk shamelessly agrees. Cooked food in his various predatory forms tastes like poison and concern. It sets off alarm bells of panic in the back of his mind, for why else unless under duress or utmost necessity, would a manticore or hawk feed on something it hadn't killed itself? How was Halo? Any rebellions or uprisings while you were there? Remi wonders, only half kidding.
THE ALCHEMIST
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
"Oh I know you would." Ronin grins and shakes his head, busying himself poking the fire back to life before inevitably getting bored and impatient and using his phoenix fire to get the job done. And once the flames are crackling merrily, the Huntsman drags up the small wicker chair set up next to the fire, sets up the pan, and shoos away his projection to get the bacon and eggs.

"That sounds very whimsical," he says of their treehouse, of the starry river, and shifts to sit himself down in the chair. He lifts his coat and moves carefully that Remi might adjust himself without skewering any of Ronin's more sensitive parts, letting his fingertips smooth along soft, downy feathers once he's fully settled. "But you're right - this is absolutely better."

Grinning, he lets his projection crack a couple of eggs and slap some bacon into the pan, leaving it to cook while he takes some of the raw meat and offers it out to Remi. "Breakfast in bed," he announces - it just so happens that he is the bed right now.

"Halo was quiet - I was glad about that. Whitebrim is all but gone, though. Not that there was anyone in the place, but... yeah. Levelled to practically nothing. Oh, and I did run into Seren in Snowcloak." He smiles.

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Extremely pleased that his Ronin is sitting—being bumbled about inside of a coat with only his talons to keep himself upright is not one of Remi's most favourite things—he hops out, careful not to cut into Ronin's pants as he settles in the Huntsman's lap like some overgrown chicken.

Is that your way of hinting where I should lay my head? Remi wonders, and though his face is utterly expressionless in this form, there does seem to be a glint of amusement in his eyes that matches his tone. Snapping up the raw bacon with ease, the hawk sends a mental pulse of appreciation as his beak clacks closed around the meat.

I am not sure I ever saw it. Remi says, of the now-gone town. It doesn't bother him much; the alchemist had never liked Halo if not only because of the cold, but because of who had always run it. And Jata? Is he doing better, now...?
THE ALCHEMIST
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
"In this form? Absolutely not," Ronin says, his grin just as amused as the pulse of emotion from his husband, and he contents himself with the hawk in his lap and the smell of cooking bacon and eggs. "Mm, I never did either," he admits. "But to see it like that... I don't know if a haunted place can get more haunted, but Whitebrim manages it." And he won't be going back there if he can help it.

With one hand continuing to offer strips of raw meat and the other whispering through ruffled feathers, Ronin might well fall asleep himself were it not for the promise of food. "Jata is doing really well," he admits, sounding a touch surprised about it without meaning to. "I haven't seen him so carefree before, I don't think. I suppose not having to worry about being governor has given him time to focus."

Reaching out to accept his own plate of breakfast when his projection brings it, Ronin (naturally) tries to use the bacon as a substitute for bread in an egg sandwich. "Enough about my trip, though. How are you holding up?"

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi clicks his beak for good measure, not that Ronin needs reminding of just how deadly the hawk could be. I should let Delphia know. Where the demigoddess was, he currently had no idea. Perhaps she was already there, spooping up souls for Mort.

Happily accepting both the touches to his feathers as well as the strips of meat, for all the world Ronin must look like the epitome of a huntsman just now. Sitting by his fire and cooking his breakfast, placating his avian hunting partner with meat and one-sided conversation, and of course still looking impossibly handsome while doing it. That's good. I think someone like Maeve will be good for Torchline. She has her fingers in just about everything as it is— He resists the urge to accompany this with a mental prodding of amusement. So are he and Nate just...? Remi doesn't know how to articulate his general feelings of ...they're just fucking off and pretending this war isn't going to affect them, and so he just tilts his head jarringly to the side in the way that birds do, fixing his husband with a stare.

Hopping up to perch himself on Ronin's shoulder while his husband tries to eat, Remi watches with skepticism and hunger both as the Huntsman tries for the low-carb version of his breakfast. Remi hopes he fails and that some part of his food falls into the ground so that he can eat it. Better and worse. He replies. I absolutely find myself wanting to wallow about things. Or destroy them. I rather hate how many people know about what is going on with me, and us. Maeve and Aurelia had known what felt like right away, though perhaps that was because Remi had no idea of how deeply intertwined in the world Hotaru was.
THE ALCHEMIST
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
"Do you think she would like the cold?" Ronin grins, and though he does wonder about Mort's daughter as he takes the first few bites of his breakfast, there's been precious little sign of her for some time now. And so he lets thoughts of her subside and shifts a bit to let Remi more comfortable perch on his shoulder, resting his plate in his lap instead. Ronin might look the part of huntsman right now, but more than that - he actually feels it, in the chill of early morning with the smell of meat and smoke and Remi as a feathery weight against the side of his neck.

"Mm, I think so too. I went to see her a little while ago - she wanted a phoenix feather for something for Safrin, apparently. Do you know they're going to try to make a healing fountain in Torchline?" He can't help but sound impressed. "Between your canals and the monsoon protection, I'd say Maeve and Aurelia have inherited quite the area."

Unluckily for his husband, Ronin absolutely does not drop any food on the floor. But it's fortunate perhaps that he can all but sense the hawk on his shoulder spying on his breakfast, because he's kind enough to leave some bacon and eggs for him, holding up the plate wordlessly for Remi to partake. "Mm, I know the feeling," he rumbles - both the better and worse and the impression that everyone knew all about them.

"It was kind of nice to be in Halo. I was practically a stranger. And I told Jata and Nate they were copying us, trying to run away and say fuck it to the gods." He smirks. "It will come back to bite them I think. Same as it did us."

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Absolutely no idea. Remi trills. The things he knows about Delphia are that she has dark hair, can be a spirit like him, and has a strange cat sith companion. That, and other mundane things like her name and whatnot, is the sum total of his knowledge of his counterpart.

Oh she did mention that. She took one of mine as well, thinking that Safrin might enjoy burning it. The hawk shrugs before stilling as his mind conjures up the fountain he and Maeve had sat near. That is smart, I suppose. He says a touch cagely; had he eyebrows, they'd have been deeply furrowed. I would have thought with everything going on they would have wanted something else. By the time you needed healing in a war, the tides had usually turned.

Ruffling his feathers unhappily at Aurelia's name, the alchemist says nothing of what the pair have inherited. He had no inclination to ever take Torchline back, and unless nearly everyone got up and left her shores, no desire to ever live there again either.

The scrape of Remi's beak is probably not a pleasant sound, but it doesn't stop the hawk from doing what he can to devour what's on Ronin's plate. It's cooked which is a shame, but he's happy for it just the same. Well, if they are copying us, I hope they do better at it than we did. How long ago had the pair started 'running' ? A year at least, if not more. Worse for them, probably. I am sure Safrin thinks of Nate just as she thinks of me. Then again with him as a demigod for the Voice, she is probably all the more spiteful toward him. For all of her animosity towards Remi, he was an old god demigod, and therefore probably untouchable in obvious ways. Nate though? He was probably fair game.
THE ALCHEMIST
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
"Mm, she said as much to me as well. Quite the little manipulator, is Maeve," Ronin remarks softly, tilting his head away from the scrape of the sharp beak against his plate, lowering it once Remi has had his fill. "She'll be good for Torchline, no doubt." Able to feel the ruffling feathers as well as the way their Attuned bond grows a touch prickly, Ronin turns to rub his cheek along the soft down, like he can soothe his husband with touch alone.

"Luckily for you," he says, "Torchline is none of your business when it comes to what they do with their fountains. And I daresay the Greatwood won't be concentrating on healing fountains?" Raising his eyebrows, the smallest twist of a smile appears on his lips. "What would you have for the woods?" he wonders absently.

Humming out an unhappy sigh of agreement and setting his plate on the ground beside the chair, Ronin can only nod to his husband. "They're in quite a pretty predicament, those two," he says, as if his own psyche isn't in tatters. Still, relaxing back into the chair, he smiles up at Remi. "I think we can get the kitchen installed today," he says suddenly. "And we can start work on the bedroom."

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
As a hawk Remi is like a large balloon in an overcoat; he looks extremely solid and large. In reality, he weighs hardly more than a pair of shoes. So it is that Ronin's cheek against his feathers will feel a bit like trying to caress a puffed-up curtain or pillow. Even so, the hawk trills his appreciation, and his feathers do unruffle slightly.

Oh I was thinking something utterly unhelpful. Trees that laugh at you when you walk by. Roots that always rise to trip you, that sort of thing. The hawk replies, quietly judgemental of the things other lands had done with their various RQs. In reality though, he was thinking of something along those lines. Vines to trip and bind anyone not native to the Greatwood. Leaves that flared with sunlight when an ascended walked by them. Waters that could carry messages from one end of the Woods to the other to alert them of intruders.

I would not even say it is pretty. The alchemist comments, never having found Sunjata attractive himself, and finding that hatred had clouded his previously positive views of Nate. We? Bold of you to assume I was planning on lifting a feather today. Remi chuckles, hopping from Ronin's shoulder into his lap once the plate is set down, and fanning his wings to make himself appear quite large (but only so that Ronin could stroke beneath his wings).
THE ALCHEMIST