wrap myself around your bones
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
RONIN
"Unhelpful? That doesn't sound like you at all." Ronin's smile is sly and knowing, and he reaches forward happily to fuss beneath Remi's wings. The hawk in his lap is just as affectionate as the man, and the Huntsman is not going to waste it even for a moment. Raising his eyebrows to hear that not one feather will be lifted in their pursuit of a kitchen, Ronin doesn't look even for a moment as if he's going to complain about it.

"Well," he says. "Would you at least do me the honour of perching on my shoulder and providing me with good conversation while I set things up? You can choose the colours for the paint as well, I suppose." Grinning, he scritches the top of the hawk's head now, sitting up a bit in his chair.
a star in someone else's sky

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
we are like birds of a feather, we are two hearts thrown together
Even if I were to choose lime green and...say...faded orange? It was the most garish combination of colours he could think on the spot, until.. Flecked with sparkly purple? There. Now that was surely the worst.

Fanning his wings to keep his balance as Ronin shifts, Remi taps his beak against one of the buttons on Ronin's jacket if only to hear the sound before quieting his instincts to flutter, and peck, and shift. Do me a favour and close your eyes? Assuming his husband complies—with or without encouragement—Ronin will feel the weight in his lap shift ever so slightly, as warm lips press against his own. It's bizarre and improbable—this hawk with a man's lips that in no way match up to his vocal chords or throat in the right way—but the urge to kiss Ronin is simply too strong, but so is his desire to remain feathered and flighted.
THE ALCHEMIST
we will be forever as one, my brother under the sun
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
"At this point? Yes. Even lime green with faded orange, flecked with purple sparkles." Ronin beams at his husband, shrugging his shoulders. "I'm sure I could make it work somehow." And if that's really what Remi settles on, he'll soon be putting his money where his mouth is. He has to stop himself from swatting at the brief peck at his buttons, because he's got a feeling that the Lullaby will punish him for it (and he'd deserve it, too).

At the request to shut his eyes, Ronin of course complies regardless of what might happen next. The weight shifts in his lap and he expects a finger in his ear or up his nose, so when warm lips come to press against his own, he has to resist the urge to reach out and wrap his arms around him, knowing there will only be feathers. "That's weird," he says sweetly. "And I love it. Come on, hop up here and I can make us lunch in our new kitchen, if we're lucky."

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
I know, but I couldn't help myself. Remi agrees once his lips are gone, replaced again by a beak. Doing as he's told this time, the hawk spreads his wings and flaps them, giving himself a boost up onto Ronin's shoulder. Spinning rather awkwardly in place, Remi presses his beak against the upper curve of his husband's ear and trills sweetly.

Given how much blue and green is around here...it might be nice for the inside to be a different colour. Maybe something like...the colour of rust, or clay. He suggests, keeping one wing fanned out behind Ronin's head and the other stretched past his shoulder to aid with balance as the Huntsman stood.

I suppose I could always catch us something for lunch, if you are going to be putting our kitchen together. That would be only fair. Quite certain he could find some rabbits or even hover long enough to spy a few salmon in the streams, it would mean leaving Ronin, but it would also mean lunch.

Did Maeve ever mention what she needed your feather for?
THE ALCHEMIST
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
Smiling to himself as he gets to his feet with the hawk balanced upon his shoulder, Ronin makes sure he has everything together before leaving the little fire and heading around to where their materials have been stored. Trusting Remi to adjust himself as needed, the Huntsman happily gets to work in examining all of their bits and pieces, alreayd having measured it out to where it would fit in the houseboat.

"Rust or clay sounds pretty good," he agrees softly, his projection stepping out at the side of him that they might start to cart things onto the boat. "Warm colours, too. Maybe with a few gold or bronze accents." If it isn't obvious that he approves, the smile on his projection's face should say as much, and Ronin heads off as well to get everything on board.

Brightening at the prospect of Remi getting them lunch, he's equally as sad to let him go - but food is food. "That sounds lovely," he rumbles, nuzzling against the Lullaby's feathers. "And no, she didn't. She mentioned it was a feather that needed to burn, for her quest for Safrin. I tried to tell her that mine don't really do that, but..." He shrugs. "Maybe she plans to set your feather on fire with mine."

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Easy to make, as well. The hawk trills, already thinking of inviting Mateo down for a weekend. They could collect all the pigments and supplies that they'd need, and he could show his son how to go about crushing everything up into an appropriate mixture. The prospect of it thrilled him such that Remi's feathers puffed up making him look far more spherical than he had any right to be. I rather like the idea of you splayed around as gold and bronze accents. The hawk adds, leaning down to nip gently at the tip of Ronin's ear.

Tilting his head to the side, Remi blinks in that judgemental way that birds can before shaking out his feathers. I thought your feathers were always on fire. He adds skeptically, though in reality he cares absolutely not at all for what Safrin wants or doesn't. Ahh well. It would not be the first time you set me ablaze. Remi agrees, sounding smug. It would serve Safrin right to burn one of his feathers with Ronin's and miss the passionate metaphor that would imply.

So this sea of glass thing with Seren...how exactly are you two planning on getting underneath a frozen lake?
THE ALCHEMIST
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
Though Remi doesn't voice it down the Attuned bond, Ronin feels the plans his husband is making as waves of colour and splashes of feeling, and he tries and fails to hide his smile as he catches how puffy the hawk on his shoulder has become in the reflection in the water. Between them, the Huntsman and his projection succeed in getting everything on board, and Ronin ducks into the houseboat that he might open all the shutters and make one last pass over everything before he begins.

"Is that so?" he asks, shivering a bit at the very delicate nibble to the shell of his ear. "Well, I am more than happy to oblige you, but I won't be changing for company. Everyone who visits can enjoy my decorations." No matter where those bronze and gold accents might be.

Sweeping up and making sure everything is appropriately out of the way, Ronin chuckles and nods. "They are, so it's rather impossible to burn them," he agrees. "And you're very sweet to say so. It won't be the last time either."

Talk of the Sea of Glass is somewhat abrupt, but Ronin takes it in his stride as he and his projection start to measure things and select the appropriate materials they've prepared. "Melting it, apparently," he says. "Honestly, it's something Seren wants to do. I'm letting her run with it - I thought it would be good to let her get used to planning and arranging things."

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
All the more reason never to have company. Remi agrees, only half-joking. After everything that the pair have gone through, he and Ronin deserve an entire lifetime's worth of alone-time, and just now, it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that Remi would kill anyone who tried to take it from them. And it certainly wasn't an exaggeration to say that Remi would kill anyone enjoying his husband's decorations.

Gods I hope not. Fluttering off of Ronin's shoulder to perch against one of the windows, Remi fans out a wing to brush dust from the shutters as the Huntsman putters about. Oh sure. Melting a magically frozen lake. That sounds routine. Glancing over, briefly unsure whether or not this was sarcasm on his husband's part, the bird gives as much of a shrug as he's able before turning back to cleaning the shutters.

Well if it is a task given to her by Safrin, I cannot imagine much harm could come from it. Cue ironic music here. Pausing again, Remi tilts his head. It is a shame my copying-ability does not work on your shifts, or I could come and melt the ice with you. Then again, large as a kraken is, perhaps I could just slam about. Unless...this is a father/daughter, thing.
THE ALCHEMIST
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
"You know, I completely agree with you there." A socialite Ronin might be, but especially given current circumstances - and the season they find themselves in - he's not keen for visitors unless they're related to him by blood. Falling still just for a moment while Remi moves to perch and dust their shutters, Ronin and his astral self are fast at work to put together their kitchen cabinets.

"You saying I can't do it?" He grins at the prospect of melting a magically frozen lake, the Huntsman straightening up and holding nails for his projection. The cabinets have been sanded and carved to look as if they are growing out of the boat, and Ronin has been shamelessly enjoying his artistic branching into scupture and wood carving. Now all that's left is to fit them in properly.

Seren might be Safrin's daughter, and this might have been a task set by the goddess, but not even Ronin is naive enough to think it will be without its dangers. And as Remi continues, the Huntsman pauses to glance up at the hawk, a warm smile spreading across his face. "Would you like to come with us? I would love to have you there," he murmurs, before the smile falters somewhat. "Aurelia and Deimos will be there as well, though. Would that be an issue?"

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
I think you could sell vegetables to cannibals and charm the pants off of nearly anyone— The latter they both knew was true from experience. But do I think you can melt an entire body of water, magically made frozen, to find something underneath it? Ronin will have to settle for a pulse of incredulity, if not the sight of it.

Holding out his feathers to capture the light breeze sifting through the open windows, Remi marvels at the work Ronin has done. It's perhaps for the best that his lips can't frown and his cheeks can't round with feigned happiness in this form, for on the heels of his appreciation for the woodwork his husband has managed, are questions of when did you do it? and where was I? He can't clear his throat, but the shuffling of his wings serves the same purpose as the alchemist forces his mind upward from where it wants to settle in a dark corner and sulk. This is amazing. He manages, though his appreciation is genuine. You have really outdone yourself this time.

The mention of Aurelia has the alchemist stiffening somewhat. I..am not sure, honestly. I have never really spoken to her before, other than just a few days ago. She found me at Aoife's grave and asked about how she died, and then asked about Hotaru's pregnancy. Unable to frown, Remi clicks his beak unhappily. I told her she had no right to ask those things, and she just sort of...left. Which was the right thing to do, of course.

Do you really think it wise to bring Deimos to Halo? After everything that just happened?
THE ALCHEMIST
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
Ronin preens appropriately at the compliments (that's how sandwich compliments work, after all, right Remi?), flashing playfully narrowed eyes across at his husband at his very, very good point. "Well," he says, "I was considering perhaps heading to the Climb and petitioning that Longheat god. Tanau, is it? Maybe he'll be able to give us something to help melt the ice?" It's only a fleeting suggestion, but it's something that has played on his mind a couple of times.

"You think so?" Ronin's cheeks flush with pleasure to hear his husband enjoy the work he's done, the Huntsman pointing out a few conspicuous vines along the side of the corner countertop. "I thought you and I could carve our names here," he says. "And we still need a name for our boat."

Talk of Aurelia does bring the mood down somewhat, and Ronin falls quiet to continue assembling counters and cabinets as he hears out the Lullaby, nodding softly to hear the explanation. "I ran into her on the beach at Torchline after I gave the feather to Maeve," he murmurs. "She didn't seem her usual self then." Perhaps it had been why she'd been so strange with Remi, too.

Straightening up, he winces - he'd foolishly forgotten the Halo situation. "I will speak to Seren," he decides. "And if you'd like to come with me to the Climb, and to help with this Sea of Glass thing, that's all the better."

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
The god that had a bit of the blight in him? The one near an angry leviathan? Remi wonders conversationally as if they're discussing soup options instead of ways in which this little trip with Seren might go terribly, terribly wrong.

And now we both have talons with which to do it. Clicking his beak again, the alchemist sends a pulse of amusement and cheer through the bond. It might be a bit early to joke about Ronin's dragon shift, but at some point they had to pull the bandaid off.

Having nothing to say about what Aurelia's usual self might be or how it differed from the woman he'd met, Remi flutters across the room to perch on top of one of the counters that seemed to grow right out of the ceiling. Well, if you need an alternate, I am happy to come along. If for no other reason than I can breathe underwater and withstand the cold better than you can.

Fluttering away some wood-dust from Ronin's installation with his wings, Remi spies a small mouse that has stealthed its way on board somehow. Without a thought in his mind, he bolts across what now looks very much like a kitchen, to clutch the mouse in his talons. Breaking its neck in a swift movement and then gulping it down easily, Remi glances up toward Ronin. What is supposed to be beneath the water? He asks, as the last wriggle of the mouse's tail disappears down his throat.
THE ALCHEMIST
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
"Mm, that's the one!" Ronin nods, stepping back to observe the work so far and smiling as he sees it all start to fit together. "He doesn't have the sickness in him any more though, and he's nowhere near the angry leviathan." He's cheerful enough about the potentially dangerous trip to the Climb and then to Halo, though the amusement naturally fades as his own talons are brought into the equation. Remi is right on both counts - it is a bit too soon, but it does need to be addressed.

"I think I'll wait a bit to add my name in that case." He winks, watching the hawk swoop across the room to investigate the cabinets. And he's just leaning down to add the internal shelving when Remi makes his move on the mouse, leaving Ronin wrinkling his nose at his husband. "Consider yourself officially invited, as long as you don't do that again in the boat," he remarks playfully.

The shelves go in easily enough, Ronin brushing off his clothes and stretching his arms above his head. "No idea," he says honestly. "Some kind of treasure beneath the ice, that's what Seren said. Think it might be a relic?"

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Oh? You are sure of that, are you? For a moment Remi sounds skeptical, but remembering that Ronin is still part of the Order and has access to information the alchemist doesn't, makes him reconsider.

Grinning widely, two tentacles sprout from beneath Remi's wings and slither ominously back and forth. I can always keep you all bound up, save for one hand. He offers cheerfully, always willing and able to offer his tentacles in service of whatever Ronin might need them for (and plenty of things he didn't).

mmmmmmm? It takes Remi a moment to realized, but once he does, he flaps his wings haughtily in Ronin's direction. Well excuse me for eating. I suppose I shall just let any old creature come aboard then, shall I? Ronin can take creature and come aboard in whatever way he wants.

Considering, Remi returned to the windowsill he'd first perched upon. If it is a relic, do you think Safrin would have...mentioned that part?
THE ALCHEMIST