too many roots
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS

The days seemed to stretch into endless bounties, and then some not at all; time a merciless, confusing thing when the only ambition stoked was the next morning, the next afternoon, the next evening, the next meeting with a friend and compatriot. With no barracks at his back, or beck and call, the soldier only had himself and mercenary means; Zuriel back at their makeshift camp, and Belial ghosting along behind him, together with plumes and wings outstretched against canopies and boughs, before diving into open groves and outlets.

The exchange of warmth was instant, and Deimos would’ve wrinkled his nose (had he not had a beak), at the onslaught of still, humid air. Far more different from the dry, winter complexities, which he’d have to get used to for now (but it still left a hollow sentiment in the back of his mind). Eventually, they landed beside a bridge; and his eagle proportions became human limbs again.

Notes sent and hastened along, there was really only the matter of waiting – for Sah and information – so his gaze went instinctively to the bizarre manifestation before them. No railings. Nothing but altering planks and vines. Bizarre notions sprung through his mind, something like the Bone Bridge in the Grounds feeling safer than these components, but he let it sit, simmering, while the young peryton sniffed at the variety of ferns nestled nearby.
think about this
you have the ability to survive anything
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3215
Sah

Deimos' first indicator of company was the excited yip, followed by the sound of paws on wood planks. Lilly shot forward, eager to see for herself that the Sword was ok. Skidding to a stop at his feet, the pup wagged in greeting, eager for attention. She'd grown since their last meeting and was nearly full-grown now.

Sah followed behind his companion, chuckling with amusement. But he too scanned the Sword, shoulders relaxing as he noted that his friend was truly ok. "Hey Deimos, how are you holding up?"

The past few weeks had been a whirlwind for sure. Rapid change as the first plots of the war were implemented and refuted. The Abandoned had a feeling that things would only grow more unstable in the days to come. But he hoped that the actions of those preparing wouldn't trigger the war sooner then the original timeline.

As Sah came to a stop to speak with Deimos, Cordelia was back at where Sah and her had camped for the night. A small break on their bid to get home as soon as possible. Both were anxious to ensure the safety of Aino and the others.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS

The peryton heard the initial sound of the excited wolf, a trill focused on either a warning or some angle of camaraderie, but loud and tumultuous just the same. Before Belial could even instigate some manner of play, the cub (though likely not far too much longer) was at Deimos’ feet. The Sword smiled, crouching, ensuring Lilly received her adequate pats and scratches, a customary relief sinking in through Attuned complexities.

His eyes flickered upward at the appearance of Sah, and a sigh finally settled out of his chest. For now, they were safe, and that was all they could aspire towards in the moment. The question made him snort though, because Deimos didn’t even quite know how to answer. Didn’t know how he was holding up. Existing. Weaving in and out of the wilderness, trying to cobble together something that didn’t break within moments. A lost position. A lost home. A lost network of friends and allies. “Surviving,” he eventually surmised with a crook of an empty grin, before yielding away to a final pat on Lilly’s head.

“And you? How is everything going?” It could’ve meant any number of things – between Torchline meetings, effects of fleeing one’s sanctuary, and anything else wedged amongst and amidst the chaos – but a starting point, nonetheless.
think about this
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah

Sah nodded grimly, knowing full well some of the emotions that Deimos was likely experiencing. Between losing his home-world, adjusting to Caido, and now this change in Halo? It had been an incredibly stressful year and the Outlander was exhausted to the core. And so, giving Deimos a cynical grin, Sah returned the sentiment, "Surviving." Against all odds, he was still standing, still moving forward.

He knew however, this his state was not what needed to be discussed. At least, it needn't be the focus. There were more pressing matters at hand. Events to analyze, and strategies to consider.

Sah tilted his head, eyes steely, switching into a mentality he'd hoped to shrug off when he came to Caido. When he thought he was done with waging wars.  "Where do you want me to start?"
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS

At the very least, they knew how to endure.

For how much longer, and for what worth, couldn’t be said. Instead, he leaned back against the trunk of a tree, arms folded across his chest, reeling and waiting for the inevitable. Deimos didn’t know enough about Torchline’s new hierarchy, save for briefly training Aurelia and the entire guild fire debacle, to fathom what would’ve transpired.

But if he was a fledgling leader again? With war on the horizon, no matter how much they tried to bury their heads in the sand?

He didn’t grimace, but simply breathed, nodding. “At the beginning. What did Torchline’s Queens have to say?” Everything that transpired. All the calculations. All the modicums. All the stratagems.
think about this
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah nodded, and without hesitation jumped into it. "The Queens welcomed us warmly and Cordelia and I told them everything we knew about the attack and Morgan's intentions. Queen Maeve pointed out that it was suspicious that Morgan was claiming neutrality but had been backed by Ascended when retaking Wardenship. She wanted to know if there were any known ties between Morgan and any of the Gods."

The Abandoned sighed, the only sign of irritation he'd give in terms of his lack of knowledge. "The only thing I knew and thus was able to tell her regarding that was what Noah and Hotaru had mentioned in their speech after the coup. So not much." A pause.  Queen Aurelia took a different approach. She saw it as Morgan taking back what was stolen from her. And given that Halo's new Warden was willing to hear the people out, that it would probably be best to bring up issues with Morgan herself. That if Halo's people didn't want Morgan, then her leadership should be challenged properly. She also pointed out that with the Ascended backing her, Morgan likely was better equipped to protect Halo at the moment. Frankly, I agree."

Sah knew that this was likely not what Deimos was hoping to hear, if he had dared to hope at all. "The two Queens agreed on this point and that's Torchline's stance. Morgan took back what was hers, and given that the new Warden of Halo has opened the floor for criticism and challenges, we should take it up with her." There was a slight furrow of his brows. "I plan to return to Halo and speak with Morgan. To try and get a better handle on her goals and motives for Halo's future."

A slight glint was in the Outlander's eyes as he continued to speak. "As for the next attempt to sway Halo to the old Gods, I'd advise against a coup. Start with the people, sway them first. Then they'll push for a leader who will ensure Halo's allegiance. It'll be a slower campaign, but it will buy time to find a way to keep Halo once we have it."
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS

Deimos had always been an apt listener, and he did so in this round as well; for Sah had much to say, much to mention, and all of it quantified, meant something, in the schemes of what they had to accomplish. At the end of it, there was merely the drag of a long, withering sigh – some portions expected, others not. He started with what he knew as well, in case Sah ever needed it for future reference. “According to Safrin, the Old Gods and spirits dislike Morgan. Which makes it difficult to adhere to anything of that nature, and she has to rely on others when asking for a deity’s assistance.” Even as an Abandoned, the Glacier had apparently set out her way to be neutral in semblances of discontent; incapable of choosing, and being left without one at all, in the end.

His eyes pinpointed straight towards Sah on his next volley though. “And despite what Aurelia says, a land does not belong to its ruler. It belongs to its people. Sovereigns change. But those that have survived, endured, and persisted? They remain.” He shook his head, reality blistering in the back of his mind. “And that is where we went wrong.” A very sobering lesson – that this world was not Helovia, and they could not strike and demand and believe that was what it took. The notions that Torchline didn’t appear to care about Halo’s turmoils, rather than likely striving to ensure their own land was protected, didn’t surprise him; he’d expected that the mountains’ tribulations would remain just the same. “I agree with you. A coup had an impact, but no way to hold it.” And with Morgan’s allegiances strongly enduring towards the Ascended and the Voice, the numbers game was not on their side.

“Thank you for trying with them.” Because that had been a massive undertaking, brave and bold for Sah and Cordelia to accomplish after fleeing a kingdom meant to be their home. “I have every intention of gathering individuals still willing to carry on, and seeing what we want to do next.”
think about this
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

The Abandoned's brows furrowed. "She claims neutrality but can only speak with one pantheon?" Sah scoffed, shaking his head in annoyance. "Then what the fuck does she think she can accomplish?" Even if Morgan truly did seek neutrality, how could she? Her position with the Old Gods likely meant that regardless of who went to represent Halo, they would be denied. It only further solidified the Outlander's resolve. "Someone once told me that 'neutrality only means ally to none, and enemy to all'. Seems that that rule is holding true in Caido as well." To survive, Halo would have to choose a side.

Sah listened as Deimos continued to fill him in on the situation, his musings and interpretations. This yet-to-begin war was already shaping up to be a complicated one it seemed. And the Abandoned found himself nodding at the Sword's suggestion. "That's a good idea. We can compare notes and come up with something feasible." Perhaps a fully thought out plan this time.

Speaking of plans, Sah eyed Deimos curiously. "I was considering heading to the Fangs and attempting to collect some mageglass. Would you be interested in coming? We could possibly store it on Seren's island for safe keeping." Although only the Demi-god could access it, it was their best means of keeping the glass out of enemy hands.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS

“Then she is dependent on her citizens.” And here he arched a brow, a clear indicator of something else lurking in that calculating, machinating mind. “And if her people are not available or cannot aid…” A shrug followed and flickered through, but he figured Sah would catch his meaning. A stalemate. The Glacier would be incapable of snagging or seeking assistance from any Old Gods without a follower present, and the same might be said for the Voice (though he presumed, given the matter at hand, there’d be more of those opportunities available). What that meant in long or short term could herald some differences, some time, for them to continue planning.

A snort followed through on Sah’s neutrality statement – his eyes lifting towards the jungle canopies, the twisting vines. “I suspect we might be the only ones who care.” Their crew of assembled coup constituents, and the rest of the mountain dwellers.

He nodded at the comparison of notes, at the foretold meeting, but then his brows furrowed, head tilting in that predacious, raptorial way; all the animal souls coiled within his contorted, controlled frame. Mageglass was a vicious little opportunity nestled in his brain, but it came with so many other caveats that he had to exercise words of caution and inquiry. “That depends. When were you thinking of doing this? And who else would be coming?” There was also the notion of the embedded caves themselves – because there was no doubt instilled within him that Halo would be preparing some matter of defense after all the militia might of the past season. “And if the Fangs are being guarded?”

The matter of danger within the region itself was also a lurking denizen; based on his own experiences and others. “Do you know where you want to go? The Fangs also contain dragons, cannibals, and cultists.” Amongst and amidst other semblances undiscovered and undetected.
think about this
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah grimaced, hearing the implications immediately. Leaders without means, reliance on citizens who may be willing or not. Possibilities of time and obstacles. The meaning and consequences of neutrality. The lack of care for said consequences.  It felt far too much like deja vu.

Letting out a sigh he eyed Deimos. "War never truly changes, does it? Different worlds, different sides, same bullshit." He shook his head in frustration, feeling tired beyond his years. "This will be the third war I've fought in. How can I be almost 22 and will have fought on three battlefields...?" The last bit was a whisper to himself that Deimos may or may not have heard.

As for his proposed idea, Sah listened intently to the dangers. "I hadn't been aware of all of that." He admitted, running a hand through his hair. "But I still think it's worth doing at some point. A supply of mageglass could be an excellent edge in the coming war. I was thinking of you and Seren as companions originally. But Seren can't come so I don't know who else to bring. I also don't know if the Fangs will be guarded, but with Deepfrost coming, I'd suspect not."

He sighed. "Do you have a better idea for acquiring mageglass? I'm open to any and all suggestions." Truly as far as he could see, the material was worth some  manner of risk but if Deimos had a better plan, he'd welcome it wholly.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS

Deimos’ experiences with war had been branded in certain parameters: over land (caused by the implication of gods) and over power. Great, colossal, menacing shows had been made, but Sah was correct in his presumptions. There were always the same figments. The same lines drawn. And it kept happening, over and over and over again, a revolving jurisdiction in the Sword’s life that he could, despite all the banners, all the scars, do without. “Only the people change.” And even then, the alterations in characters corresponded to upheavals, to measures layered in deceit and might. A light snort funneled through his chest at the implications of Sah’s third, silently holding up an entire hand to display five fingers – one for each invasion and war he’d been a part of before these wakes.

But the other Abandoned’s lack of awareness of the dangers layered in the Fangs brought forth the slightest grimace as well; brows furrowing more, arms enfolding back across his chest, head drawing downward as thoughts persisted and pursued. “Mageglass is certainly worth it.” Dominion in their hands, amplified bombardments and proportions, that their adversaries wouldn’t be able to have – for now, anyway. Seren’s lack of involvement surprised him, but based on earlier discussions and conversations, perhaps something else had pressed and left her without time to linger amongst the caves too. “I think we should be cautious anyway.” A just in case parameter – given everything else that had occurred. He could always come in cloaked.

But for another party member…Hotaru had her own dilemmas to sort out. He wasn’t certain if Noah would want to be involved. And they were swiftly losing other allies wanting, or needing, the elemental fixtures. A rumble flickered, and if the frustration loitered on his face, he didn’t bother to hide it. “Give me a few days. I will see who else might be willing.”
think about this
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah nodded in agreement only to freeze and raise a brow at the raised hand. Letting out a whistle he replied, "Five. Jeez. And likely more to come." A humorless chuckle left him at the notion. Caido did not seem like a world that could go without conflict for long. But perhaps after a major war there would be a period of peace. The Outlander could only hope so.

It brought Sah some relief that Deimos was on board to help him in his pursuit of mageglass. The idea had come to the Abandoned after hearing how vital of a resource it was. Tensions between the sides were mounting so it seemed logical to acquire it as soon as possible. Ideally without alerting anyone else that they had done so. And a few days would give Sah enough time to prepare.

"Alright. In a few days I'll meet you and whoever you bring at the entrance to the Fangs? How does that sound? Anything in particular that I should bring besides the usual?" Lilly pawed at his leg and he added, "Should Lilly come?" The pup was nearly fully grown now and she hadn't left his side since they bonded. It'd be difficult to leave her at home but if it was safer for her...
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS

Deimos didn’t grimace when the statement was uttered, but it echoed in his sigh, in his nod of agreement. They’d have to get through this initial one on the horizon first – and he could only surmise what could follow catastrophe, strife, and ruin. Sometimes it was peace and repose. But often times there were other outlets of menace and malice. Maybe the world would be too tired, and the inhabitants too overcome. It didn’t loosen any feeling of dread or apprehension from his shoulders; a timeframe already established, and even if it felt like years away, it was still ticking, sticking, down into the cauldrons. Brimming, brewing fixtures; waiting, aching moments.

But with some modicum of plans in place, the Sword could feel a little more at ease. At least there were other glimmers on the horizon, and not all so torturous. Plans and machinations that could be made, supplies that could be snagged. “That can work.” Notices towards the mountains might've followed thereafter, once he’d found someone. As for other essentials, Deimos could create something if they truly needed it, save for any mending, assuaging properties. “Your usual hunting gear should suffice. Maybe some bandages, just in case.”

Then his gaze lingered down on Lilly, tilting his cranium a fraction. “I will not bring mine,” he resolved with a solemn rumble. Zuriel had already put herself too much at risk for his asinine sake the last time they’d strived to flee Halo, and Belial could keep them safe, tucked away in the Wilds until he returned. “But that is up to you.”
think about this
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah nodded, considering Deimos' advice. "Good idea. I'll bring some and a few spare essentials in case we get stuck." The last thing he wanted was for them to become stranded and cut off from vital supplies. A few extra rations, spare tinder, and perhaps an extra waterskin would be worth packing.

As for Lilly, Sah eyed his pup for a moment in consideration. Letting out a sigh, he ruffled the wolf's ears. "You'll have to stay behind pup. I don't want you having to fight a dragon." The young wolf gave an indignant yip, flashes of Sah's fight with Umbra going through the bond. The message was clear. She didn't want him fighting a dragon either. Chuckling softly the Abandoned nodded. "I promise I'll avoid fighting any to the best of my abilities. Deal?" That seemed to satisfy the pup.

Companion appeased, Sah turned back to Deimos. "A few days at the entrance to the Fangs. Sounds like a plan. Is there anything else that I should do to prepare? Or anything else that you needed from me before I head back to Halo? I don't have any more information."

The Outlander paused. "Actually, I do have a question. Soon Halo will make a request of the gods. I know we've requested things like the greenhouse before. Do you have any ideas? I plan to bring up the idea of some form of aerial defense." Perhaps the former general was aware of some other need that he hadn't thought of.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare